Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Scruff app

Any experiences? Better or worse than Grindr? Does it ever lead to hookups or is it just a bunch of old bears "woofing" at each other?

by Anonymousreply 22April 17, 2024 1:49 AM

Less guys than Grindr

Less attitude than Grindr

Interface is a bit clunky

Try their free version

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2024 10:25 PM

It’s the same exact people as on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2024 10:25 PM

Stick to a BINGO or sit and fit app.

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2024 10:26 PM

All the Scruff men are on Grindr. All the Grindr “men” are not on Scruff.

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2024 10:41 PM

Lyft Vs Uber (Most times you get the same guy thru either app)

by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2024 11:20 PM

DoorDash vs GrubHub

by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2024 11:24 PM

VHS vs Betamax

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2024 11:35 PM

It skews older and fatter (and I don't mean fat, just not Twink thin). In my experience, the men just aren't as picky/have weird hang-ups. Grindr has a lot of 7 or 8's who will accept no less than a 10.

I'm a 6 and have no problem finding other 6's who suck great dick on Scruff.

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2024 11:41 PM

I’ve met good long time friends on Scruff. I met a guy I dated for 1 1/2 years on Scruff and we are still good friends.

Grindr is a fetid swamp that is useless unless you like trannies or rock stupid twinks.

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2024 11:50 PM

Know any rock-stupid twink trannies?

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2024 11:55 PM

I used to do better on Scruff than Grindr, but then it switched. I have no idea how.

Scruff isn’t really bear-specific. That’s GROWLR.

by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2024 12:08 AM

Lately I have no luck on any of the apps. I went from feast to famine overnight - WTF?

by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2024 12:29 AM

The only time on a dating app, I tried Scruff but it wasn't the best experience for me. We met for lunch. He was nice enough. But the basic thing is the chemistry test that happens the first time you meet in person. You're either gonna fuck or not. It wasn't a match for me but I didn't want to hurt his feelings. He told me everything about himself over a period of four hours and didn't appear interested in anything about me. He told me his fantasy was to be fucked hard in a sling, which sounded hot, just not with him. I stopped responding. He finally got pissed and accused me of leading him on. So I told him I wasn't into him and then he accused me of acting like I was. I told him I was just being polite. I haven't been back on the app since.

Even though you know the basics that person is still an unknown quantity. Like a blind date. And those never work out well.

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2024 12:30 AM

Fewer Trannies 👍

by Anonymousreply 14April 17, 2024 12:32 AM

R13. Here’s today’s lesson: Scruff is not a dating app, it is a sex/hookup app. How do you not know this fundamental truth?

by Anonymousreply 15April 17, 2024 12:36 AM

LOL. I get it now R15.

by Anonymousreply 16April 17, 2024 1:35 AM

Meet people for drinks or coffee next time, r13. Listening to someone talk for four hours is pretty excessive politeness and I don't blame him for feeling mislead.

by Anonymousreply 17April 17, 2024 1:35 AM

I only date on Sniffies!

by Anonymousreply 18April 17, 2024 1:39 AM

You throw the dice you takes your chances R17. I would've been stripped and ready in five minutes if it had worked between us. He was a nice guy. I guess we didn't exchange the right pictures.

by Anonymousreply 19April 17, 2024 1:40 AM

R17 or have anonymous sex first, and then ask for a name and number. It worked for my husband and me 30 years ago…& counting…

by Anonymousreply 20April 17, 2024 1:42 AM

R20 knows.

by Anonymousreply 21April 17, 2024 1:44 AM

r8 "suck great dick on Scruff"

How is that possible?

by Anonymousreply 22April 17, 2024 1:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!