Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you live with someone's ashes?

I've had a few relatives cremated and buried, per their wishes, but it's getting harder to bury people where I live.

I may have to start a columbarium. I wonder how that business would fly here in the northeast?

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2024 5:34 PM

Yes, although it's not a person, it's my dog who died last December. Someday I may scatter his ashes somewhere if I find an appropriate place (someplace we visited together maybe) or if the mood moves me. If not, I will ask that he is laid to rest wherever I end up (under a tree, etc).

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2024 3:26 PM

I live with someone ashy.

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2024 3:28 PM

Mother sits on the mantle next to the Precious Moments collection. I seek her advice on all important decisions.

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2024 3:28 PM

No, but I had my sister's ashes for awhile. If you can't find a plot you like, then try an "upright"; lots of cemeteries have added "wall units" where the spaces are just big enough for ashes.

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2024 3:28 PM

R1... me too!

OP, it's an interesting idea. If you could, seriously, combine the idea of a columbarium with a nature park, imagine what a beautiful setting you could create. In most cemeteries, columbariums are awful things plunked down without any sense of serenity or design. I think you're onto something.

by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2024 3:30 PM

I have my mom’s and about 8 pets. They’re in boxes labeled like I’m an EBay seller.

by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2024 3:33 PM

I'm going to be spread at both the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carribean at WDW. I want to stop two of the most popular attractions while they clean me up.

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2024 3:39 PM

Except for my mom and one aunt (still alive), all my other relatives who wish to be cremated will be flushed down the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2024 3:40 PM

Jesus H. Talk about what's in an elder gay's house.

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2024 3:54 PM

My dad’s in the garage and my cat is on a bookshelf. Anybody’s guess where I’ll go but it won’t be long now.

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2024 4:15 PM

My doggy's. She is staying with me until I can get to Big Sur to join her with her big sister.

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2024 4:22 PM

I couldn't have a person in the house, but I'm fine with my dog. I was at a friend's house once after his mother-in-law died and we were talking about the funeral etc. and I asked "Where is she?", meaning what did they do with the cremains. He points at the floor and says: "There!" Inside this elegant black velvet bag was her urn and her. I couldn't get away from that creepy thing fast enough but accept if you love the person, maybe it's a comfort.

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2024 5:28 PM

My innocence’s.

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2024 5:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!