Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WNBA Draft Pick Glam

Wow, these female basketball players are gorgeous.

When did this happen?

Angel Reese (left) and Cameron Brink (right) look like models..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 30, 2024 11:23 AM

"Caitlin Clark drafted No. 1 in WNBA draft"

To no one’s surprise, Caitlin Clark was the first pick in Monday’s WNBA draft.

Upon hearing her name called, Clark embraced her brothers and parents before walking up to the stage to hug WNBA commissioner Cathy Engelbert. One of the first things she mentioned to ESPN’s Holly Rowe in her post-pick interview was her family.

That set the tone for the rest of the evening with draftees quick to thank their families after hearing their names called.

The No. 2 overall pick out of Stanford, Cameron Brink, was joined by her family at her draft table, including godmother Sonya Curry. She hugged Curry on her way to the stage and thanked her during her interview with Rowe.

“I think I just need to keep leaning on my people. You’ve listed all the amazing people in my life, and my godmother Sonya Curry up in there,” she said. “Shout out to my mom, my dad, and my brother, Cy. It really takes a village. It’s not a one-person job.”

Brink’s parents are the godparents to NBA stars Stephen Curry and Seth Curry, according to People.

The Curry brothers gave Brink advice ahead of draft day. She talked to both men Monday and called Stephen Curry five minutes before the start of the draft, she told reporters in a post-draft press conference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2024 1:47 PM

Wow, OP, I thought they really were models!

But I looked them up and yes, they play with the WNBA.

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2024 1:55 PM

R2, they're in college, and recently decided to go pro.

The WNBA college draft was last night, and the young ladies glammed it up for their big day.

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2024 2:02 PM

Angel Reese is a douche but she could be a DL legend. She made the announcement she was entering the draft via Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2024 2:03 PM

Cameron is gorgeous AND smart.

She attends Stanford.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2024 2:04 PM

Wait til you see next year's probable #1 pick Kiki Iriafen. Cam's teammate at Stanford and graduated in 3 years.

I thought Caitlyn looked okay on SNL last week but surprised she doesn't have a better stylist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2024 2:19 PM

You know, even masculine looking Brittany Griner could be a model.

With her height and slender build, all she needs is the right styling.

Brittany has an androgynous look which could work well in modeling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2024 2:27 PM

These women are a 180 from Grindr who looks and sounds like a man. They also seem straight when past women basketball players were gay.

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2024 3:25 PM

Griner ….

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2024 3:26 PM

Maybe the WNBA is taking a cue from A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN.

Fill the teams with dollies and the crowds will show up.

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2024 3:37 PM

R10 Caitlyn is not a Dollie but she smashed every ratings and attendance record for collegiate womens basketball.

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2024 4:52 PM

Cameron and Kiki were a few feet from my car as they boarded their bus in Portland a few weeks ago. Tall and stunningly beautiful in person.

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2024 4:59 PM

The only negative would be Cameron's eye makeup. Too witchy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2024 5:06 PM

My god, that video at R13.

She must be 6'7 in heels!

That must be striking to see in person.

Here's a nice article about Cameron.

Both of her parents played college basketball.

And a fun fact: she said she was always a girly girl, and never wanted to play basketball when she was younger. But her parents forced her. Lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2024 5:11 PM

Clark is not pretty, quite awkward long face.

That PRADA outfit was atrocious.

Plus she acts like she is too cool, not the tool she actually is.

by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2024 5:11 PM

The white chick looks like Elizabeth Debicki

by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2024 5:18 PM

At least in OP's pic

by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2024 5:20 PM

[quote]They also seem straight

HAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 18April 16, 2024 5:29 PM

Nika Mühl serving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 16, 2024 6:04 PM

R18 I don't know what the sexuality breakdown is for the entire draft this year but the three most popular players all are in pretty public opposite sex relationships. Clark is dating a former Iowa basketball player who now works for the Pacers organization, Cameron Brinks is dating another male athlete and Angel Reese was dating another basketball player and just recently broke up with him.

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2024 6:33 PM

R15, she's a beast on the court, but I just don't like her. If she were Black people would drag her like they do Angel.

Here's Ms. Clark channeling her outer Rachel Maddow's ugly sister look:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2024 7:07 PM

caitlin is phenomenal and will bring huge crowds with her. she broke 45 different records this past year. She broke the record for the most points ever in college basketball, men or women. She led the nation in both scoring and assists. She went to two national championships back to back. They ended up losing both, but this is an Iowa team that without her would've been lucky to make it to the tournament at all. She played without a true center this entire season. This year she will be playing with Aaliyah Boston and I can't wait to see what they can do together. And she sells out Arenas everywhere she goes. Last year the Indiana Fever averaged about 5000 fans per game. Last night 17,000 people showed up at their arena just to watch a telecast of the draft. her jersey sold out in the first hour of her pick and she has sold more jerseys on draft night than any other player in any other professional draft, including the NFL and NBA. She may not dominate the league in the first year, but she is a cultural phenom and a great basketball player.

by Anonymousreply 22April 16, 2024 7:14 PM

And I truly believe that JuJu Watkins will follow in the Phenom department. NCAA womens basketball is in good shape.

by Anonymousreply 23April 16, 2024 7:45 PM

yeah JuJu is great

by Anonymousreply 24April 16, 2024 7:48 PM

But is WNBA basketball in good shape? Sue Bird was talking on NPR last week about how college phenoms don't necessarily bring huge crowds to the WNBA. That said, many commentators have made that same point and still concluded that Caitlin Clark will probably change that - at least for an initial period, hopefully longer. I think we can all agree that there's going to be a big initial surge when Clark starts playing - but will it continue for years on end. Clark and Boston should be sensational together.

by Anonymousreply 25April 16, 2024 7:52 PM

[quote]drag her like they do Angel

Uh no. Reese is ghetto ASF. No comparison.

by Anonymousreply 26April 16, 2024 8:03 PM

I don't think that the WNBA viewership will rival anything that we saw in the final four. But I think we will see a definite increase in ticket sales, memorabilia, and viewership. Hopefully they will capitalize on this and start more expansion. There are far more talented players than open roster spots right now. it's never going to put up NBA numbers, but I think it's in a pretty healthy place overall and the financial future of the league is better than ever.

by Anonymousreply 27April 16, 2024 8:19 PM

I think the sports media is still to figure out how to market the women, focusing on building brands out of superstars.

Or maybe it’s how Instagram has allowed high school female athletes to build and connect with a national fan base.

by Anonymousreply 28April 16, 2024 8:20 PM

we are saying a big increase in interest of female sports. Women's soccer is having record-breaking attendance. Women are getting bigger contracts than ever. Women's volleyball is selling out football stadiums in Nebraska. A new professional women's ice hockey league started this year and they are selling out almost every game. This year, the women's College Basketball national championship game between Iowa and South Carolina drew more viewers than the men's championship game.

by Anonymousreply 29April 16, 2024 8:24 PM

I actually appreciate that these young women got all glammed up for this event.

To me, it's the epitome of female empowerment when you can be a strong athlete, but you can also fearlessly show your feminine side.

It's not all this "fake badassness" you see on television, with the faux bravado and women trying to be just like men.

This is real life. These women truly ARE strong and powerful, but they are equally feminine.

That IS badass, in my humble opinion.

by Anonymousreply 30April 16, 2024 8:59 PM

WOW. ESPN just announced 2.4 million people watched the WNBA draft last night. Last year's WNBA finals only had 700,000 viewers. The game is changing.

by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2024 9:06 PM

That'sh a lot of dykesh.

by Anonymousreply 32April 16, 2024 9:07 PM

last nights draft had more viewers than the last seven drafts combined

by Anonymousreply 33April 16, 2024 9:10 PM

The finals drew 18.9 viewers on ABC, not only outdrawing the mens final but it was the most watched basketball game, male or female, college or pro since 2019's mens finale, VA vs. TT at 19.6. Those numbers can't be ignored and you have to put it on Caitlin. S. Carolina won the championship but that seems to have escaped the attention of people.

by Anonymousreply 34April 16, 2024 9:22 PM

Maybe this new exposure will help to raise the salaries in the WNBA.

They get paid only a tiny fraction of what NBA players make.

For example:

[quote] Caitlin Clark wore a $17,000 Prada outfit to the WNBA draft. That's about 22% of her expected first-year salary.

WNBA top draft pick is expected to make $76,535 in her first year.

NBA top draft pick is expected to make $10,000,000 per year.

That's a huge difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2024 9:25 PM

We were out at dinner with a lesbian couple. Surprise… they watched the draft from a phone on the table.

by Anonymousreply 36April 16, 2024 11:28 PM

No WNBA team in Florida??

We need one.

by Anonymousreply 37April 16, 2024 11:33 PM

They promised at least one new team by 2026 but no word on the city.

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2024 11:35 PM

R37 Serena Williams said she is interested in owning a team! And she lives in Miami

by Anonymousreply 39April 16, 2024 11:38 PM

Too far for me to drive. Perhaps Orlando? Tampa? JAX?

A girl can dream...

by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2024 11:47 PM

Basketball, volleyball, and modeling are really the only viable choices for tall girls.

by Anonymousreply 41April 16, 2024 11:55 PM

[quote] Basketball, volleyball, and modeling are really the only viable choices for tall girls.

And beauty pageants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 17, 2024 12:08 AM

[quote] WNBA top draft pick is expected to make $76,535 in her first year.

She will get endorsement deals. All the new WNBA girly-girls will.

by Anonymousreply 43April 17, 2024 12:36 AM

No one watches women's sports unless it's gymnastics or figure skating. WNBA has tanked.

by Anonymousreply 44April 17, 2024 12:42 AM

[quote] No one watches women's sports unless it's gymnastics or figure skating. WNBA has tanked.

Spoken from the gay male perspective.

You're very out of touch.

by Anonymousreply 45April 17, 2024 12:48 AM

Gymnastics and figure skating have also had substantial slides in viewership. Womens college gymnastics is also very popular and nationals are this weekend but there is no way they will even approach this year's womens basketball ratings.

Volleyball has siphoned off a lot of the girls who might have gone into basketball. They have similar athletes: tall, long, explosive. But compare the two, especially if you're a young girl picking her sport. There's basketball, with running in practice, contact, fans that scream at refs and other parents and ugly uniforms. Or there's volleyball, with no running, no contact, polite crowds (because no one really understands the game) and spandex shorts.

When I was a kid, I watched Roller Derby because women were on TV in "sports" every week. I couldn't imagine a Sunday without Joan Weston battling Ann Calvello from Kezar Pavilion in Golden Gate Park.

by Anonymousreply 46April 17, 2024 12:56 AM

I think I read that VB passed BB as the number one girls participation sport, not that BB isn't still very popular. I enjoy women's BB, but I really love VB.

by Anonymousreply 47April 17, 2024 2:51 AM

R43

Clark most likely was making more than 70 grand while in college from her NIL deals. A lot more. She will now make her millions from advertising and endorsements.

Middle America+White+ wholesome appearing + straight with a boyfriend+ being a Swifty+ very talented =not Taylor Swift money but more than any DL will make. She is going to make a shitload of cash.

Are the other girls that were drafted straight as suggested above or are they just getting better advice on how to dress and present so they can also cash in on better deals?

Anyone that has coached girls or woman’s sports knows that lesbians punch way above their weight in sports. Way above. I’d vote for less straight and better advice for many of these girls.

by Anonymousreply 48April 17, 2024 10:46 AM

[quote]the three most popular players all are in pretty public opposite sex relationships.

The key word here is "public."

by Anonymousreply 49April 17, 2024 6:43 PM

At this point it appears likely that ESPN will make the decision to bump a NHL playoff game from their lineup in order to air Caitlin Clark's first game as a WNBA player. it is expected that there would be a larger audience for the Fevers first game. That's crazy. And that's fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 50April 17, 2024 8:24 PM

Cameron's BF looks like he just walked out of an Abercrombie shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 17, 2024 8:39 PM

OMG R51 he must be 6'8" tall.

Cameron is 6'4" and he's much taller than her!

by Anonymousreply 52April 17, 2024 8:44 PM

His name is Ben Felter.

If they ever have kids, those kids will be GIANTS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 17, 2024 8:49 PM

Good for them all

It’s seems like light years since Immaculata College was the pinnacle of woman’s basketball.

by Anonymousreply 54April 17, 2024 8:49 PM

Caitlin Clark's boyfriend is 6'6"

by Anonymousreply 55April 17, 2024 10:43 PM

Courtside tickets to Clark's Fever debut cost double compared to Pacers playoff tickets,

Fever courtside seats = $2,453 Pacers courtside seats = $1,220

by Anonymousreply 56April 17, 2024 10:49 PM

"Breaking: Indiana Fever's Caitlin Clark – the No. 1 pick in the WNBA draft – is nearing a lucrative, eight-figure endorsement deal with Nike, per industry sources. Clark is set to receive her own signature Nike shoe."

by Anonymousreply 57April 18, 2024 2:12 AM

R50, not fantastic if you're an NHL fan. And all things being equal, a playoff game is of course more important than a regular-season game.

Though ESPN is laughably committed to chasing the Current Thing.

by Anonymousreply 58April 18, 2024 2:24 AM

And why is all of this important?

Young girls who play sports score high on just about every positive measurement you would want to use compared to girls who don’t play sports.

Less unintended pregnancy , less depression, better overall health, better body self image, better self confidence, much better time management, etc etc etc.

This works for girls, it would also work for young gay males, it just works.

by Anonymousreply 59April 18, 2024 10:59 AM

Early 2000s. My Dyke boss would take me to WNBA games. We always had a blast. We would wear matching overalls with out names sewn on the front.

by Anonymousreply 60April 18, 2024 12:50 PM

*our names

by Anonymousreply 61April 18, 2024 12:50 PM

Caitlin Clark sold more Fever jerseys in one day than the Dallas Cowboys sold last year for the entire team.

by Anonymousreply 62April 19, 2024 8:41 PM

[quote] Caitlin Clark sold more Fever jerseys in one day than the Dallas Cowboys sold last year for the entire team.

She's a new lesbian icon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 19, 2024 8:46 PM

Indiana where basketball is an actual religion. Iowa where girls basketball is more important than any religion.

She is going to make a fortune. And the cowboys will still suck.

by Anonymousreply 64April 19, 2024 9:06 PM

Poor Caitlyn.

First some moron reporter flashes a heart sign to her.

Then Antonio Brown calls her ugly on social media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 20, 2024 5:10 PM

Antonio whether he knows it or not is made for DL. Although when we say that kind of shit its anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 66April 20, 2024 7:10 PM

It's not just the WNBA that is seeing attendance spikes. Tonight the brand new professional women's hockey league featured a game in Canada. There were nearly 22,000 people in attendance for Montreal vs Toronto, which breaks the world record for biggest crowd to ever attend a women's hockey game.

by Anonymousreply 67April 20, 2024 9:53 PM

R66 yeah, his Twitter, and all of the replies are basically like a straight version of DL.

by Anonymousreply 68April 20, 2024 9:54 PM

I thought LSA was the straight version of DL??

by Anonymousreply 69April 20, 2024 10:00 PM

R69 I thought that was the lesbian version of DL?

by Anonymousreply 70April 20, 2024 10:06 PM

No there is another awful place for that, R70.

by Anonymousreply 71April 20, 2024 10:13 PM

late last night someone leaked video from what appears to be Paige Bueckers phone. Most of the stuff has been taken down already but I think it includes a sex tape of Paige. Caitlin Clark also got leaked. Hers is especially egregious because she was taking a shower and someone (a Team USA teammate?) pulls the curtain back to film her. It's like a two second clip and Caitlin is trying to cover up. But Antonio Brown and others are sharing it all over social media while Twitter is taking it down as fast as it can.

by Anonymousreply 72April 22, 2024 10:54 AM

yesterday, all of the old-school WNBA fans on Twitter were against Clark. They thought that the hype around her was too much, that she was getting too much attention, and didn't like all the money she was making. Today they are ready to defend her with their life.

by Anonymousreply 73April 22, 2024 6:02 PM

There's some accounts saying that they were AI generated images/content.

by Anonymousreply 74April 22, 2024 8:15 PM

Nah, unfortunantly they were real

by Anonymousreply 75April 23, 2024 2:22 PM

Clark set to sign 28 million dollar endorsement deal

by Anonymousreply 76April 23, 2024 8:34 PM

The Indiana Fever posted a video of Clark and Boston working on their pick and roll game in the team's first practice. It was beautiful

by Anonymousreply 77April 25, 2024 3:56 AM

I have no idea how good the Fever will be this year, but I can guarantee that they will be fun to watch! They keep posting videos of the team practices and the vets just keep on hyping up Clark saying that she is even better than they expected. There are so many videos this week of her hitting deep threes and making pass after pass into the post. There's a great video day out today of her sinking a half court shot during shoot around and the entire team loving it.

by Anonymousreply 78April 30, 2024 3:58 AM

Clark is great. She could never make it in the NBA on a team like the Pistons or Cleveland but she might stand a good chance with the Lakers

They could have used her.

by Anonymousreply 79April 30, 2024 11:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!