Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elder gays, can we talk about Shaun Cassidy?

I’ve been on a retro-viewing kick and decided to watch a bunch of shows I barely remember before I ditch Peacock (and it WILL happen NBC!). I’m currently watching “The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries.” Do I remember Cassidy being the heartthrob or was it the guy who married Kirstie Alley? Can anybody tell me what kind of impact they/he had?

by Anonymousreply 15April 17, 2024 11:36 AM

Both to a degree, but Shaun was also a pop star, so he had that mania attached to him as well. He covered many a teen magazine, as did his half-brother before him.

Off to watch me some Peacock…

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2024 11:48 AM

Parker Stevenson made me realize I was gay. My first crush.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2024 11:52 AM

He was too girly for me.

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2024 12:30 PM

The chinless wonder.

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2024 12:32 PM

Patrick was the sex on a stick Cassidy

by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2024 12:44 PM

Much better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2024 12:47 PM

Amazing how well adjusted Shirley Jones three boys appear / recent birthday pics were pretty amazing.

Poor David Cassidy had a rough go. He probably was a cautionary tale for the other 3... what NOT to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2024 1:02 PM

Shaun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2024 1:18 PM

Patrick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2024 1:19 PM

R7, you’re right. Have an older sibling w issues is a powerful motivator.

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2024 1:27 PM

Between Shaun Cassidy & Parker Stevenson, Stevenson had the nicer body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2024 1:28 PM

Shirley looks fucking amazing at 90! Her style was never the best, but she embraced her age—it worked.

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2024 2:02 PM

They certainly had an impact on my budding homosexuality. I was a big fan of the Hardy Boys show which showed in syndication in the early/mid '80s. I'll never forget the crossover Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew episode where Lorne Greene played Dracula!

Anyway yeah, Parker was hotter. That lean hairy body. Twelve-year-old me was ... deeply intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2024 2:14 PM

I feel bad for David. Tragic way to end up. Almost as bad as Rick Nelson.

by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2024 7:25 PM

Shaun Cassidy has like 9 kids! I get his appeal back then. He's cute, charming, and just seems so natural in this role. Actually, the show isn't too bad. I love the intro and some of his outfits. Stevens dressed like a 40-year-old.

by Anonymousreply 15April 17, 2024 11:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!