Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

At least 50 potential Trump jurors dismissed en masse after saying they couldn't be fair

The fuck?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 18, 2024 9:02 PM

It's an easy way out, you're instantly spared from jury duty without anyone bothering to find out whether you're telling the truth or not.

I'd definitely lie, though. Six weeks of my life would be a small sacrifice to convict that turd. It would be one of the greatest joys of my life.

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2024 5:03 AM

How to get out of jury duty 101

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2024 5:03 AM

I'm surprised so many people were honest about it.

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2024 6:17 AM

This happens on every case. Huge chunks of people dismissed. It's part of the process.

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2024 6:20 AM

I couldn't be fair. In my mind, he's guilty.

However, I would tell the court that I could be fair just to get on the jury.

by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2024 7:10 AM

Also remember these people know their life could be put in turmoil or even in danger by sitting on THIS Jury.

Of course people generally want to get out of Jury Duty but in THIS TRIAL with Trump's leaks and harassment of people involved in his other trials you can't really blame them for wanting out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2024 7:13 AM

Will they do background checks on jurors to ensure they're not lying Trumpists?

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2024 7:15 AM

I wouldn’t want to sit on this jury. All you need is one Trumper getting hold of your name and taking to Twitter.

I’ve served on a jury twice. I actually like jury duty and find the whole process extremely interesting. This one though, no way…

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2024 9:32 AM

r7 whats the difference between a lying Trumpist and a lying antiTrumpist like r1 and r5? Both groups are democracy destroying pieces of shit. Neither respect the principles this country was built on.

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2024 12:30 PM

Ever been part of a jury pool OP? Most get dismissed. I’ve done jury duty half a dozen times in NYC and never made it to the actual jury. The lawyers look for blank pages- they shy away from professionals, wealthy, educated.

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2024 12:50 PM

Well, that was an insensitive thing that Mika did to David Frum... and probably just for ratings. She could not have said those things to him in private? Rather she surprises him with her comments on live TV and has the nerve to offer an apology for doing so?

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2024 1:27 PM

^My apologies! Wrong thread!!!

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2024 1:33 PM

[quote]Both groups are democracy destroying pieces of shit. Neither respect the principles this country was built on.

Oh, please, dramatic much? You really think every single juror is going into every single trial a blank slate, with no formed opinions? It's naive people like you that are the real threat.

Also, countries that don't use the jury system (i.e. most other countries on the planet) are doing just fine in the democracy department. Again, your infantile ire is directed at the wrong target.

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2024 3:27 PM

You should be able to pay to get out of jury duty. In this case I'd pay double. Secret Service HAS to be studying up on all potential jurors as well. Trump probably already knows way too much about the jury pool. I would never want that kind of attention.

by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2024 4:08 PM

The first time I got called for jury duty the prosecution tossed me out during voir dire. The case was a taxi driver who had a Valium (not his prescription) in his pocket. I guess "are you fucking kidding me" was written too clearly across my face and out I was thrown.

by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2024 4:29 PM

A couple of documentaries have mentioned that most of the jury in OJ's trail were too dumb to get out of jury duty.

by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2024 4:46 PM

R7, The lawyers are at least looking at their social media.

by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2024 4:49 PM

Just pray that he does get a fair jury. You are not the only ones that would want to be picked just so you could convict him. There are those that feel they need to be on the jury just to make sure he isn't convicted.

by Anonymousreply 18April 16, 2024 5:01 PM

A juror in Manhattan would have enormous threatening pressure on them to vote guilty no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 19April 16, 2024 7:09 PM

Getting to know you:

First juror, foreperson: A man who is originally from Ireland and now lives in West Harlem. He works in sales and gets his news from The New York Times, the Daily Mail, Fox News and MSNBC. He will serve as the foreperson.

Second juror: A woman who is a native New Yorker and has been an oncology nurse for 15 years. She spends her free time with family and friends and taking her dog to the park.

Third juror: A young to middle-aged Asian man who lives in Chelsea and grew up in Oregon. He is a corporate attorney.

Fourth juror: A middle-aged man born in Puerto Rico who has lived on the Lower East side for more than 40 years. He told the court he has “no spare time” for hobbies and is self-employed. His wife is a writer and child works in sales and research.

Fifth juror: A younger Black woman, is a Harlem native who has taught English Language and Arts for eight years. She has never been married and has no children, and she said she considers herself a creative at heart.

Sixth juror: A Disney employee who was previously a student. She has three roommates and is unmarried without children.

Seventh juror: Lives on the Upper East Side but is originally from North Carolina. He is a civil litigator married with two children. He gets his news from The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, New York Post, The Washington Post, WNYC and listens to podcasts “SmartLess” and “Car Talk.

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2024 10:58 PM

You know it's all over social media that if you are part of the jury pool and you support Trump you have to try to get chosen so you can block any conviction. I don't think it will matter much, but it just takes one hold out to hang a jury in a criminal proceeding.

by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2024 11:26 PM

I am not a Trump fan whatsoever. But if I am called to serve jury duty, I believe I can look at all the evidence presented by both sides and be objective.

by Anonymousreply 22April 16, 2024 11:40 PM

“I’ll be so impartial, I’ve been an independent for 20 years….. OK GUYS GIVE HIM LIFE!”

by Anonymousreply 23April 16, 2024 11:45 PM

They should give them lie detector tests. Trump inspires love or hate; they're going to want to save him- or send him to the gallows.

by Anonymousreply 24April 17, 2024 12:04 AM

r20, that's at least six votes to convict before anything is presented. I can understand the defense hoping to find one juror who would make it a hung jury. That's their only hope.

by Anonymousreply 25April 17, 2024 5:32 AM

WE MUST PROTECT THE JURORS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 26April 18, 2024 6:48 PM

R25 I wouldn't be so sure about that. Not at all.

by Anonymousreply 27April 18, 2024 7:03 PM

People fucking hate Trump.

by Anonymousreply 28April 18, 2024 7:40 PM

to serve on that jury with the maga wackos investigating you , just waiting to dox you. Jesus H Christ - it must be a effing nightmare

by Anonymousreply 29April 18, 2024 8:08 PM

If you are ever called for jury duty, or are a defendant, set all of your social media to private.

by Anonymousreply 30April 18, 2024 8:23 PM

Get off your high horse, cunt R9.

by Anonymousreply 31April 18, 2024 8:31 PM

Any of you lovelies in the jury pool?

by Anonymousreply 32April 18, 2024 9:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!