Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Transgender runner to complete ‘big six’ marathons as three different genders

A transgender charity runner from Daventry will attempt to complete the full set of six marathon ‘majors’ in Boston on Monday after competing in the events in three gender categories.

Glenique Frank, who apologised after last year’s London Marathon following criticism for running in the female category, is calling on race organisers to now introduce a specific category for transgender athletes.

“I want to campaign to get a category in world sport and charity events, anything, for transgender athletes,” she told the BBC.

“Governments around the world need to look at this seriously because there is a lot of transgender athletes that are entering illegally and it’s actually giving the transgender community a bad name.”

The 55-year-old has raised around £36,000 for UK charities in previously completing the other five 26.2 mile marathon majors in New York, Tokyo, Chicago, Berlin and London.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 16, 2024 8:26 PM

[quote] Glenique Frank, who apologised after last year’s London Marathon following criticism for running in the female category, is calling on race organisers to now introduce a specific category for transgender athletes.

I think this is a great idea.

Something that should have been done from the very beginning.

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2024 3:25 AM

yawn

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2024 3:27 AM

Yup, not mentally ill at all!

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2024 5:06 AM

Attention! Attention!

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2024 2:23 PM

OP you couldn't exist without your hate. Sadly your father waited too long to transition. Pity.

by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2024 2:35 PM

Girl Power!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2024 2:37 PM

[quote] Glenique Frank, who apologised after last year’s London Marathon following criticism for running in the female category, is calling on race organisers to now introduce a specific category for transgender athletes

How dare you don’t validate their delusion. Trans women are women! Putting them in their own category is literal violence. They’re dopers.

There will be 2 runners in a tranny race.

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2024 2:41 PM

Glenique? Sounds like a cheap knockoff of Clinique

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2024 2:46 PM

How will this proposal work? “Governments” will have to do genitalia checks and then break it to the people with penises that, sadly, they are going to be considered men and will have to compete against other men, when their entire identities are formed around the premise that a penis does NOT make them male?

Or do you just take a competitor’s word for whichever sex they feel they are on race day?

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2024 3:04 PM

He/she/they is AMAZING

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2024 3:13 PM

[quote]Glenique? Sounds like a cheap knockoff of Clinique

No, R8.

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2024 3:48 PM

[quote]I think this is a great idea. Something that should have been done from the very beginning.

I'm not sure this would solve anything, since Daventry would wipe the floor in the transgender category against female born runners who identify as men.

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2024 3:54 PM

Just make two separate categories, R12.

Trans male and Trans female.

That would account for biological differences.

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2024 3:57 PM

Which proves that men who complete as women have an inherent advantage r13

by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2024 3:59 PM

Why are some of you so obsessed with transgender folks?

What in fuck does it matter to you?

I sure as hell know you’re not running in a race.

by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2024 4:12 PM

[quote]What in fuck does it matter to you?

oh I dunno, maybe the added expense and administrative burden of organizing events for 1 or 2 mentally ill people?

by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2024 4:17 PM

National Review, r6? You trolls *love* your far right rags.

by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2024 4:17 PM

Your only post, r16?

by Anonymousreply 18April 16, 2024 4:18 PM

Massive line backer in a ratty wig and whore’s dress alert at r15

by Anonymousreply 19April 16, 2024 4:30 PM

[quote]Transgender runner to complete ‘big six’ marathons as three different genders

You know what my mother would say: "I wouldn't brag about it."

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2024 4:45 PM

R9

Let’s take a major invitational road race. You fill out your app and you check boxes.

Male Female Trans for instance. Then you show up and race.

And don’t get caught cheating. It’s an approach that makes a lot of sense.

by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2024 4:51 PM

Agree completely. Women are the ones hurt by trans participation in sports, not men. Let trans have their own sports category.

by Anonymousreply 22April 16, 2024 4:57 PM

Gotta load up on all the anti-trans threads, right OP?

by Anonymousreply 23April 16, 2024 5:25 PM

My only question is always what part(s) were they born with and what’s under the hood now? Other than that c’est la vie & god bless. Or unicorn 🦄 bless or spirit 🕯️ candle bless

by Anonymousreply 24April 16, 2024 5:27 PM

Tranny fucker alert at r23

by Anonymousreply 25April 16, 2024 5:56 PM

Surely only professional runners care about a marathon position. If you're not in the top 20, no one cares.

Any long distance runner I know only cares about their time. Which they'll get regardless of category. Once again, it's much ado about nothing.

by Anonymousreply 26April 16, 2024 6:18 PM

Gurl needs to wear more Sunscreen and Moisturizer. Such bad facial wrinkling you could dig for gold in them.

by Anonymousreply 27April 16, 2024 6:18 PM

R26

I have known 100s of non professionals who competed in various sports. The operative term being competed. We worked hard to be able to compete, to make the medal round. We worked hard to win those states or nationals. And we took those age, weight, belt, and sex catagories seriously.

Lots of non professionals compete most not in marathons.

by Anonymousreply 28April 16, 2024 6:27 PM

R28 But the OP refers to the Boston marathon. Only professional runners will come anywhere close to the top.

I'm not against there being a trans category (and I'm not sure who would be really). I just don't think a non-professional trans woman competing in a female category in a marathon is anything like a trans woman competing in, say, the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 29April 16, 2024 7:36 PM

R17 You cannot just change something that's real and factual by ignoring or refuting it.

Can you prove this story is untrue?

by Anonymousreply 30April 16, 2024 8:12 PM

R16

The recent Gallup survey showed more Gen Z identifying as Trans than identify as Gay males. Its not out of the question to assume the percent of trans will grow and this competing in sports will become a larger issue.

by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2024 8:25 PM

R30 the trannies and their tranny fucker beta cucks handmaidens always use the “attack the messenger” strategy rather than engage with the facts, because reality is transphobic and the entire transgender identity is based on a lie.

by Anonymousreply 32April 16, 2024 8:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!