Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Will Alec Baldwin serve jail time?

I’m starting to think that he will. What say you?

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2024 8:02 PM

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2024 3:01 AM

Yes. Unless he gets smart and manages a plea deal. If this was years ago, I'd say a jury will favor him, but he's lost a lot of good will over time.

This trial is going to be nuts. Hilaria will drag the whole brood out there and find reasons to land in the press.

I don't see how you combine the producer factor into the verdict unless you charge all the producers. The fact that he skipped training and rushed things that day will not go in his favor, and I doubt they'll be able to prove the gun can fire without pulling the trigger.

Too many variables to predict how a jury will sway. If they do find him guilty, I highly suspect the judge will want to wipe the smug off his face.

He should really consider how much negative info will come out during the trial, and how that will impact his career. He's already on the thinnest of ice PR wise and likely in his personal life as well. There's a very real risk of very real jail, and he's not cut out for it.

He could easily come up with a line about "My beautiful family is in NYC, and I do not wish to disrupt their lives by an ongoing court battle on the other side of the country. While I will always maintain my innocence, ice made the difficult choice to accept a plea deal so that I can return my focus to my young family." Then swallow his pride and move on with life.

I say this as someone who wants to believe the best in Alec and who feels the blame is almost all on the armorer for missing the very crucial first step.

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2024 3:37 AM

He was offered a plea but couldn't keep his mouth shut and it was withdrawn. The man is an idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2024 1:12 PM

He's fucked. His toxic personality may have finally caught up with him. It's precisely due to how he treats people that this shit even happened. Anyone else would have hired a competent armorer / had someone competent willing to work for him (as EP of the production) and given a shit about on set safety. This is all on him. It's the cumulative result of thinking you're better than everybody.

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2024 8:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!