Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is it ok to give a menopause gift to boss?

My boss is in menopause, and I was thinking of giving her a small gift as condolence. I get the feeling talking to her that I am one of the few taking her change of life and grief seriously. I had male menopause and it shook me to the core, so I know how heartbreaking and violent it can be. It is a dead-end job and reviews have already been done for the year, so it is not like I am using this to kiss up. Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2024 5:24 AM

Sounds like you are subconsciously trying to get fired, which is exactly what will happen. Good luck, OP!

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2024 1:37 AM

Oh yeah It's like reminding a woman that she's on her period.

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2024 1:40 AM

The gift I was considering giving her is only a couple of dollars more than the menopause condolence cards I like so now I am wondering is there really a difference? We are only talking a small memento that has supposedly been well received by those grieving their lost menses.

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2024 1:42 AM

Go for it. What could possibly go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2024 1:45 AM

OP: -10/10

by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2024 1:48 AM

3/10

by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2024 1:48 AM

Buy her a cold compress and hand held battery operated fan.

She will really appreciate it.

You might also want to show a little compassion, by asking if she's "tender to the touch."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2024 1:50 AM

I hear the go-to gift these days is a gift certificate for a bespoke croning.

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2024 1:52 AM

OK if you insist I will tell you the gift is a gift certificate for menstrual blood jewellery by an artisanal jeweller on Etsy. So she would need to redeem it while the menses is sill coming now and then. Is it too much? Perhaps just a card and an open ear to listen?

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2024 1:58 AM

Definitely the way to go is the croning ritual. Surprise her on her way into work and throw a bag over her head so she won't put up too much of a fight while being transported to the ceremonial site. She'll thank you later.

Including a jar of 'Honor Everyday Balm for Vulvar & Vaginal Dryness' (only $90 for a 90-day supply) in the gift bags would be an elegant touch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2024 1:59 AM

What an enlightened and exquisitely tasteful idea! Do it and make sure to report back to us!

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2024 2:01 AM

Buy her one of those Menstrual Cups that they use at MichFest, to celebrate the end of her Flow.

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2024 2:01 AM

I’m a woman, OP. If your boss has been complaining about menopause making her uncomfortable, a nice gift would be canister of fancy tea or something similarly comforting. Make it more about that she’s going through a tough time than what the cause of the tough time actually is.

I’ve been through menopause and it was a breeze but some women really suffer. It’s sweet that you’re being so thoughtful, OP.

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2024 2:03 AM

Don't you fucking dare say the gift is for menopause if you want to keep your job. Get her a comforting gift, sure, but have some common sense.

by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2024 2:07 AM

But what about her dead dog?

by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2024 2:09 AM

Is that the euphemism for menopause I should use, R15? "your dead dog"?

by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2024 2:12 AM

OP/R3, that sounds like an Extremely Sensitive Token

iow, you’re a lying sack

by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2024 2:27 AM

What gift are you considering, OP?

by Anonymousreply 18April 16, 2024 2:28 AM

Throw a party for her, op.

Then invite her up to the stage to give a speech.

And when she does... pull the cord.

It's perfect for a menopause celebration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 16, 2024 2:42 AM

Bin-bags for the couch.

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2024 5:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!