Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who remembers the Go Go Gophers

They were a feature in the old 1960s Underdog show

Oopy Doopey watch and have fun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2024 6:12 AM

I do!!

My brothers and I also created new words to their theme song to taunt each other with when we bankrupted each other in Monopoly…

Ahem: “Mortgage, mortgage, mortgage, gotta pay, pay, pay!”

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2024 4:33 AM

I remember the theme song more than the actual segments. Loved Underdog as a little kid but don’t remember a lot about it now. I mostly remember it was followed by Johnny Quest on our local station and Speed Racer was either before or Underdog or after Quest. I was way too young to know what gay was back then but that block of TV might have influenced my later preferences

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2024 4:44 AM

Rocky & Bullwinkle were so much better in every way.

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2024 5:38 AM

It was one of those early morning cartoon fixtures that, even as a small child, one was conscious that it was an interior television offering. Lifted directly from the television series 'F-Troop,' it managed to be even worse than the program it imitated. And talk about racist as fuck! I knew that, too, even as a kid.

Both the Jay Ward cartoons (Rocky & Bullwinkle) and 'Total Television'/'Leonardo Television' (so-called in honor of their earlier series, 'King Leonardo & His Short Subjects') were pretty crappy. But I was always a little nostalgic for their respective end credits. Here's the ending to 'The Underdog Show':

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2024 6:11 AM

▲ inferior television offering

by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2024 6:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!