Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

O.J. is Still Dead to Me: part 2

Continue your discussion.

by Anonymousreply 150April 21, 2024 7:44 PM

Previous thread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2024 8:26 PM

Holy shit, we did 600 on OJ already! Damn.

I can't wait to watch some Naked Gun later.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2024 8:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2024 8:36 PM

I'm surprised. I know with all the troll posts it got to 602 because they wanted to argue for the sake of arguing, and threw a lot of shit on the walls to see if anything stuck, but even still.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2024 8:43 PM

Does no one care about the trial of the century going on right now???No one cares about O.J. This trial is more important. It is the unjust persecution of a former PResident of the United States. It's vile what is going on now. YOu want to see Rigged? YOu want to see st up? It's not O.J. It's me.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2024 8:45 PM

He's fine. Just dealing with some issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2024 8:47 PM

I’m in the mood for a sultry bath.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2024 9:16 PM

We'll never know exactly how OJ murdered Ron and Nicole.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2024 10:28 PM

So OJ is lying in R6’s video? I’m shocked!!

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2024 10:32 PM

R9, it's not only that he is lying. It's that he is in complete denial.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2024 11:11 PM

Well it worked before.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2024 11:56 PM

The ESPN documentary June 17, 1994 which was focused on the Bronco chase was pretty good.

I was 9 when the Bronco chase happened. During the summertime, my parents, two uncles who lived in the same town, and a couple of family friends would have Friday night get-togethers and we would watch movies or sports, or play games. We had been watching the NBA finals and my dad was pissed when NBC did the split screen to show footage of the chase. My mom and one of my aunts went into another room to watch the ABC coverage of the chase. My mom also stayed up late and watched some of the CNN commentary coverage that night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2024 12:16 AM

No one cares what a nine-year old thought… let the adults discuss this…TIA

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2024 12:47 AM

R8 It was recreated fake blood on the victims and the actor stabbed the two victims with a retractable dummy knife in less than a few minutes. There wasn't much blood on the stabbing actor either. Blood does not operate like a Quentin Tarantino film.

by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2024 5:26 AM

[quote]Holy shit, we did 600 on OJ already!

[quote]I'm surprised.

Celebrity, violent murder, race, a year-long televised trial. All the characters therein becoming household names. Unprecedented.

Details and theories about the murders will be pored over like JFK at Dallas long after we're dead. As the previous thread showed. Like OJ in a commercial, this one will run and run.

by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2024 6:51 AM

[quote]We'll never know exactly how OJ murdered Ron and Nicole.

Prosecution's theory based on expert witnesses:

MARCIA CLARK: [to judge and jury] All right. You see the envelope [with the eyeglasses], and it's just- just inside the gate. Now, you remember because you were there how small that area is, that caged area in- at Bundy. Very, very, very tight. And that envelope is virtually- with one step in the gate, it dropped. And we have blood drippings on the envelope that indicate that it was dropped and then Ron bled, dripping onto that envelope. That indicates surprise.

Those keys were dropped, and they were dropped right inside the gate, and I'll show you the photograph of where they were found. See the keys right by the gate? Now, those are a little bit- If this is the gate right here, if you step inside, it's just a little bit down to my right as I'm gesturing. But again, they're right inside the gate. They're right inside, dropped. Ron is taken by surprise.

The fact that Ron struggled is clear, but what is also obvious is that someone who gets stabbed and is flailing about can get blood all over the place as he's struggling to back away from his attacker. And that happens very quickly.

You can imagine in your mind's eye - somebody just flailing, flailing about, trying to get away from their attacker, a big person with a knife in a very, very dark area, very confined space. He hasn't very far to go, ladies and gentlemen. He's got only a few feet to move. And he's backed into a corner - Where's he going to go?

He flails backwards, trying to avoid his attacker. The number of the contacts that you see, the bloody contacts on the fence, are made at once as he's flailing. And that's what you see on that fence. You see a young man bleeding, backing and falling, vainly trying to get away from the defendant who has him cornered in a cage and is coming at him with a very long knife.

Now I'm going to talk in a little more detail about how one person could do it - how. Dr. Lakshmanan spoke of the fact that Nicole suffered only two defensive wounds - one to the back of her left hand, and I think there was one to the right of her palm. She struggled very little. As Dr. Lakshmanan told you, she was `rapidly incapacitated.' She was disabled very quickly. There were stab wounds to the back of her head that indicated movement, perhaps as she tried to run, stabbing her in the back of the head. An abrasion to the right eyebrow indicates that she was pushed or fell into a hard surface, such as the wall or the stairs. She was stabbed in the left side of the neck four times. There was some movement shown on her part with respect to at least one of those stab wounds in the left side of her neck, which indicates there was still some effort at resistance.

And now, most importantly, Dr. Lakshmanan found evidence of a scalp and brain contusion caused by a blow to the head done by either a fist or the base of a knife, a contusion that was likely to cause unconsciousness, which, in fact, we know it did because, when the defendant cut Nicole's throat for the last time, there was no indication of any movement on her part. It was a clean cut. That final coup de grace had smooth margins that indicated no resistance on her part. And there's a little bit more evidence of that that I'll talk about later, but what's very important about these early wounds to the head and neck is that there was evidence of bleeding in that brain contusion that showed that she lived after the infliction of those wounds for at least a minute, and maybe more -likely in an unconscious state, certainly disabled - at least a minute, maybe more before the final throat cut was delivered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2024 9:34 AM

(con't) Ron was attacked with the defendant behind him. That much is clear. The wounds inflicted to the neck, those control wounds - and I'll talk a little bit more about that and some of the other stab wounds. And Ron struggles. Unlike Nicole, he's not so easily put down. He struggles, and he grabs. The defendant, who's holding him from around the neck with his left hand and holding the knife in his right- Ron is struggling, and he's grabbing at anything he can, and he's grabbing at the hand that's holding him, and that's how the glove comes off. And, by the way, that's why the right glove doesn't come off because the right glove, the right hand is holding the knife, holding the glove in place. But from the point forward- From that point forward, after the defendant first attacked him, Ron's death was not a matter of `if.' It was just a matter of `when,' and Ron was totally on the defensive from the start, trying to ward off the knife and to back away, and in the process hitting the fence, the trees, and everything around him in a desperate effort to survive.

And all of this had to have happened very quickly. I say this as a matter of common sense. It didn't take Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown more than a few minutes to be overcome and slashed to death. And that's not really surprising. Think about it. A boxing match - each round is, what, three minutes. And this is with men that are both prepared, ready to do battle, in good condition, who are not taken by surprise, who are prepared to do battle. And we know knock-outs occur in the very first round. They certainly happen within a minute. And that's with trained professionals. Same thing with martial arts matches - very quick.

All right. Next question. Why did he leave the cap and glove? This one's probably very easy. It was late. He had to catch a flight. This took longer than expected. Ron Goldman was not expected at this scene. He was not supposed to be there, but it is only because of him, because of the struggle that he put up, that we have the cap, we have the glove, and we have all this evidence - Ron's shirt, the blood. Because of the struggle with Ron, we have all of this evidence.

by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2024 9:39 AM

I never understood the claim (by some) that these murders were a professional hit of some kind (hired by OJ, drug dealers). They were obviously very personal and were committed in an act of rage.

by Anonymousreply 18April 16, 2024 9:47 AM

So now he's dead do the victim's families collect on the civil suit?

by Anonymousreply 19April 16, 2024 10:14 AM

R18, couldn’t professional killers make it look like the killing was personal? ok killed them, I’m just gonna play the devils advocate…

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2024 12:26 PM

They don't need to make it look like the killing was personal. They don't care.

by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2024 12:37 PM

That jury should've been stacked with Mexican-Americans. Blacks and whites both had way too much baggage regarding every aspect of this case. Mexican-Americans didn't give two shits about OJ, the LAPD, Cochran or Fuhrman. They would've given the correct guilty verdict without any politics or grievances involved.

by Anonymousreply 22April 16, 2024 12:58 PM

I could have a doubt but OJ had an answer for EVERYTHING. Never seemed sad, just always a bigger victim than Taylor Swift.

Because he was hurt so bad, that's what made see his motive.

by Anonymousreply 23April 16, 2024 12:59 PM

You know, as I re-watched the Ryan Murphy mini series with Cuba Gooding as OJ, one more thing that came to light for me was how miserable that jury was. They were confined with a lot restrictions for months. They couldn't even watch TV, they had to get things on videos. No news papers. If they read books the books had to be reviewed before they had permission. Conjugal visits once a week. No talking to anyone including their colleagues about the trial. It was awful. And it went on for months. Everything set them off by the final days. Then both the Defense and the prosecutor started purging the jurors and disrupting things even more. So for them to take only 4 hours to deliberate, wasn't surprising. And it also wasn't surprising that the most vocal and aggressive among them managed to sway others just to "get it over with."

by Anonymousreply 24April 16, 2024 1:51 PM

Ron Goldman on “Studs” in 1991.

Tennis pro?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 16, 2024 1:56 PM

The most chilling anecdote in the MADE IN AMERICA documentary for me was when he was at a party in his honor for winning the Heisman Trophy (or something else; memory fails me) and one of his teammates overheard a white guest asking, “why is OJ hanging out with all of those n***ers?”. When the teammate told OJ, OJ responded with, “But don’t you see? They don’t see me as one of y’all! I’M OJ!!”. That was all he cared about. I think that he wanted to forget about where he came from. I don’t blame him, but he wanted to disconnect from his culture. So, he had no problem with how other black folks were treated, so as long as it wasn’t him. Diana Ross was the same way.

by Anonymousreply 26April 16, 2024 2:11 PM

Maybe he’s lying about being dead?

by Anonymousreply 27April 16, 2024 2:11 PM

You are there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 16, 2024 2:13 PM

R26 bullshit. Combining multiple unverified stories into a single, badly-written narrative serves no purpose here. OTOH, that’s kind of how DL operates.

You can do better.

by Anonymousreply 29April 16, 2024 2:21 PM

Lick a dog’s ass r29. I may have gotten some of the details wrong but I stand by that story.

[quote] He was telling me a story about being at a teammate's wedding with his wife, sitting at a table with mostly, as he said, "Negroes". And he overheard a white woman at the next table saying, "Look, there's O.J. sitting with all those niggers." And I remember, in my naïveté, saying to O.J., "Gee, wow, that must be terrible for you." He said, "No, it was great. Don't you understand? She knew that I wasn't black. She saw me as O.J." And really, at that moment, I thought he was fucked.

by Anonymousreply 30April 16, 2024 2:24 PM

You seem to have issues.

by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2024 2:27 PM

Not issues r31, not at all. Just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 32April 16, 2024 2:53 PM

What's so fascinating about this case is he was a huge, famous star, and galvanized people with guilty or innocent, and racial elements. It was such a unthinkable act, such brutal murders from that famous sports hero who was a congenial personality in his Hertz commercials and comical in the Naked Gun movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 16, 2024 3:04 PM

"Holy shit, we did 600 on OJ already! Damn."

There's been a multiple part thread about fucking Dorothy Kilgallen, a panelist on an obscure game show that's been OFF THE AIR for over half a century.

Why are you surprised by this?

by Anonymousreply 34April 16, 2024 3:21 PM

Loving you, R34.

by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2024 3:23 PM

R32 randomly telling a stranger to lick a dog’s ass presents obvious issues.

That’s not just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 36April 16, 2024 3:26 PM

The Laurence Luckinbill autobiography thread has almost hit 300 posts after only three days!

by Anonymousreply 37April 16, 2024 3:29 PM

But R36 what would DL be without its misplaced rages over the inconsequential? Not for nothing do I call this place a for profit mental hospital in a bad neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2024 3:31 PM

How the fuck did Frank Olson die on the same day as OJ? That’s crazy. I just finished watching OJ: Made in America for like the 20th time on Netflix, which prominently featured Frank. I had no idea he died on the same day. 🤯

by Anonymousreply 39April 16, 2024 3:40 PM

R36 it is probably the first time you’ve refused that particular request. Be gone.

by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2024 3:44 PM

R39, It happens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 16, 2024 4:19 PM

[quote] There's been a multiple part thread about fucking Dorothy Kilgallen, a panelist on an obscure game show that's been OFF THE AIR for over half a century.

THAT is bizarre. I've been noticing those threads. Reminds me of the threads re: the Jeffery Spaide double-murder / suicide in the Pennsylvania snow.

by Anonymousreply 42April 16, 2024 6:03 PM

It’s not about her, it’s about WML!

by Anonymousreply 43April 16, 2024 6:22 PM

1/365 chance or they want to go to the great beyond together in a soul contract.

I'm guessing it's 1/365 chance out of thousands of famous people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 16, 2024 6:38 PM

Where the hell is Ryan Murphy’s “The People Vs. OJ Simpson”? I can’t find it anywhere. I’m ready to purchase it on Apple if I must and I can’t even buy it. Google is saying Hulu has it, but I have Hulu and it’s not here.

by Anonymousreply 45April 16, 2024 11:43 PM

r45 it's supposed to be on Hulu but I can't find it either. Those motherfuckers. If you're willing to spend $18 you buy the whole season on Amazon Prime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 16, 2024 11:47 PM

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but the 6 part ESPN documentary "OJ: Made In America" is on Netflix. It's the best documentary I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 47April 17, 2024 12:10 AM

I went to ESPN and watched it. It's listed in the "series" category.

by Anonymousreply 48April 17, 2024 12:25 AM

R45 and R46 It's out there on Hulu. If you search on "American Crime Story," the thumbnail for Impeachment (the Lewinsky season) comes up in the results. But, select that and then you can find the other seasons (Versace and O.J.) under the Episodes drop-down.

by Anonymousreply 49April 17, 2024 1:34 AM

R45 and R46 Here you go...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 17, 2024 1:38 AM

Oh my God, these dumbasses. 🤦‍♂️ Now it makes sense. “Impeachment” kept coming up as the top result when searching for People V OJ and I thought they were trying to force feed me an alternative show like “Sorry we don’t have it but you can watch this instead!”

by Anonymousreply 51April 17, 2024 2:20 AM

Well, that’s how they are, r51.

What a dumbass place to put it! Who looks there?

by Anonymousreply 52April 17, 2024 6:33 AM

The documentary OJ, Made in America was like 10 times better than watching Cuba Gooding Jr and Selma Blair and David Schwimmer play Oj and Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 53April 17, 2024 10:51 AM

R53, it really was. That documentary was exceptional. But for what it was, I did think the Cuba Gooding Jr. mini series was pretty decent as far as accuracy and casting. I saw the Marcia Clark interview she did at the 92nd Street YMCA in NYC, and she said she thought it was fairly accurate. Sarah Paulson did a good job playing her, too. The behind the scenes bickering between Clark and Darden:He kept telling her not to put Fuhrman on the stand, she told him not to make O.J. try on the gloves. LOL! And the diabolical machinations of F. Lee Bailey were fun to watch. Nathan Lane did a great job. In fact, I t hought that the O.J. mini series and the Versace ones were the best of that group. NEver watched Impeachment. I'm betting a lot of people didn't watch it.

by Anonymousreply 54April 17, 2024 1:10 PM

Cuba bore little resemblance to OJ. I guess he needed the money.

by Anonymousreply 55April 17, 2024 1:12 PM

Reading the transcript (I posted) at R16, I remembered how intelligent Marcia Clark seemed and wondered what she does now. She's written a few crime novels (though she said she was never interested in writing, just always interested in crime), and she has an Instagram and Twitter account where she mostly posts needlepoint philosophy and wine-mom type "humor" about coffee, alcohol and being sarcastic. I was surprised that she doesn't seem to go very deep. I would have expected her to be less generic and more interesting. She left the D.A.'s office after the trial, so maybe criminal law was more of a job than a passion for her.

by Anonymousreply 56April 17, 2024 1:25 PM

R56, after what she went through, and that if you do watch the Cuba Gooding mini series, you get an idea of it, you will understand why she left the DA's office and never walked in to a court room again. It was a soul destroying experience. And as she said in interviews, all she ever wanted was to be a prosecutor. She never wanted to do defense work. She felt a real sense of wanting to help people and to protect people. She was 17 when she was raped and apparently the rapist was either acquitted or got little to no time. So it had an effect.

by Anonymousreply 57April 17, 2024 1:53 PM

What does she do for a living now?

by Anonymousreply 58April 17, 2024 2:32 PM

[QUOTE] The documentary OJ, Made in America was like 10 times better than watching Cuba Gooding Jr and Selma Blair and David Schwimmer play Oj and Kardashians.

As far as I’m concerned, they’re companion pieces. I love them both and always watch one after the other whenever the urge hits. I suffer through the small bits of Selma Blair and the gratuitous Kardashian nonsense to see Courtney B. Vance put on the performance of his lifetime as Johnnie Cochran.

by Anonymousreply 59April 17, 2024 2:35 PM

R59 that's exactly how I see them.

by Anonymousreply 60April 17, 2024 3:27 PM

R53 Yeah the doc is better but the worst part of the Murphy show is that ginger Connie Britton played Faye Resnick, who is biracial, I thought? At any rate, she's nothing like Connie.

by Anonymousreply 61April 17, 2024 3:29 PM

I actually thought Cuba's was the weakest performance. I agree Courtney Vance gave the performance of a lifetime, but Nathan Lane and the entire cast, really did a great job. The thing that really hit home for me was how easily the Defense team manipulated the prosecutors into doing exactly what they wanted them to do. Especially regarding Fuhrman and the Glove, and the way the Defense leaked key points to the press to generate public pressure.

by Anonymousreply 62April 17, 2024 3:35 PM

Cuba is not attractive, OJ was.

by Anonymousreply 63April 17, 2024 3:40 PM

what about the size of his cock. herpes? surely he must have it coz he fucked so many groupies and whores.

by Anonymousreply 64April 17, 2024 3:58 PM

Hey, Cuba looked enough like him to convey his lunatic personality. The combination of charm and the explosive temper.

by Anonymousreply 65April 17, 2024 5:16 PM

Cuba as OJ was such an odd casting choice. I don't there was anything wrong with Cuba's performance, it's just that they were so physically dissimilar that it was distracting. You can't get away with that sort of thing when it comes to someone as recognisable as OJ. He had a deep voice and was built like, well... a football player. Cuba looked and sounded nothing like him.

I just remembered this gorgeous song that Heather Nova used to dedicate to Nicole in concerts in the 90s:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 17, 2024 10:23 PM

R61, she passed for white/white adjacent for the longest time. The ruse worked until she got too thirsty and the press started to look at her background. I thought she was just a very tan white girl…

by Anonymousreply 67April 17, 2024 10:30 PM

[quote]you will understand why she left the DA's office and never walked in to a court room again.

She was treated like complete shit by everyone, and she didn't deserve one second of it. She was just doing her job as best she knew how. The media made fun of her looks and her outfits, etc. It was awful.

by Anonymousreply 68April 18, 2024 1:17 AM

I've always liked Marcia Clark. She seems like she'd be a great person to sit down and have a few drinks with.

by Anonymousreply 69April 18, 2024 1:19 AM

I had no idea Faye Resnick was biracial. I assumed she was Jewish because of her name, and that assumption carried over to how I interpreted her looks. She looked like someone who'd had a lot of plastic surgery that obscured her ethnicity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 18, 2024 1:38 AM

Yeah, I guess I always knew she was bi-racial so the Connie thing was ridiculous. And Cuba as OJ too..it reminds me of the SNL of the 90's and Tim Meadows was the only black guy so he always had to play OJ. Cuba is about as convincing as Tim was.

by Anonymousreply 71April 18, 2024 3:09 AM

Pic of OJ dick a good reminder.

by Anonymousreply 72April 18, 2024 3:22 AM

If you want to know the truth about the trial, watch the Court TV docuseries OJ25.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 18, 2024 5:53 AM

Denise Pilnak was a neighbor of Nicole’s. Her telephone bill shows she was on the phone from 10:25 PM and 10:28 PM. Prior to making this phone call, she and her friend noted how quiet the neighborhood was. Several minutes later between 10:33 and 10:35 PM, she testified that’s when she began to hear the sound of a barking dog, which is likely when the murders began. Allan Park testified to seeing OJ near the front door of the Rockingham estate at 10:55 PM, and his telephone records also document that. That leaves less than 25 minutes to commit the murders, drive back home, get rid of the evidence, etc.

Both Nicole and Ron had defensive wounds. Ron in particular was in hand to hand combat with whoever killed him, yet OJ had no injuries. The cut on his finger wasn’t seen by anyone who interacted with him at the airport, on the airplane ride to Chicago, nor when he immediately landed in Chicago. This includes people who got autographs from him, shook hands with him, and observed his hands. A broken glass was also found in his hotel room and it was documented he asked for a bandage at the hotel.

The FBI searched all of OJ’s and Nicole's credit card records and there was never any receipt found belonging to either of them that showed a purchase of Bruno Magli shoes. Every store that sold the shoes in the country was also searched, and they couldn't find anyone who sold him the shoes. The only proof of him owning them are the National Enquirer photos, which show him wearing suede shoes on a very rainy day. It was also found that the shoe soles that were said to be OJ's footprint were actually more popular than the prosecution maintained, the manufacturer sold the pattern to numerous shoe lines.

1.5 millimeters of OJ’s blood went missing from its vial. Thanos Peratis, the nurse who withdrew his blood, initially testified that he withdrew 8 millimeters. He took that back when only 6.5 appeared and the prosecution suggested he was mistaken. About a decade later he admitted to William Dear that he was certain he withdrew 8 millimeters because it was the amount he had drawn from patients all of his career, but he was close to retirement and had health problems so he didn’t want to cause any trouble.

The glove found at Bundy contained none of OJ’s DNA. The other glove found at Rockingham only contained his DNA in the area where Collin Yamauchi testified to spilling OJ's reference blood sample while handling it.

An identical knit cap matching the knit cap found lying on the ground next to one of the gloves was found in Nicole’s house. Those caps likely belonged to Sydney and Justin Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 74April 18, 2024 5:53 AM

Two different people, John Meraz and William Blasini, encountered the Bronco at the lot where it had been impounded days after the murders. They both looked inside it for blood and testified they saw none. There was also only 1/8th of one drop of blood ever found inside it.

New York Times best selling author and journalist Stephen Singular was connected by an anonymous source within the LAPD about the case a few weeks after the murders. He was told Mark Fuhrman made an undocumented trip to Rockingham in the early morning hours after the murders looking for evidence that would incriminate OJ. Rosa Lopez, a housekeeper for OJ’s next door neighbor, testified to hearing men’s voices coming from the yard of Rockingham in the early morning.

The source told Singular that Fuhrman used a broken piece of fence from Bundy to pick up one of the two gloves found and placed it in a blue plastic bag. Next, he was told Fuhrman removed the glove from the plastic bag and planted it at Rockingham. A broken piece of fence was eventually found at Bundy and a blue plastic bag was found at Rockingham, and both were introduced as evidence in the trial.

He was also told EDTA would be found in some of the blood evidence if tested, lab technicians had mishandled OJ’s blood samples, vials of OJ’s, Nicole’s, and Ron's blood were in possession of an LAPD detective for several hours before being booked into evidence, and that Fuhrman had been acquainted with Nicole in some way.

Singular relayed this information from the source to the defense team and was in communication with them for awhile. Pretty much all of it checked out, including an investigation conducted by the LAPD's Internal Affairs Division which revealed that Fuhrman was overheard by other LAPD officers bragging about being intimate with Nicole and seeing her boob job before she was murdered.

Brett Cantor ran a nightclub called The Dragonfly where Ron worked for him as a waiter/promoter. Nicole was also a regular at the club. He was murdered a year before them in almost exactly the same way, by being stabbed repeatedly in the upper body and being nearly decapitated. Judge Ito ruled the defense team could review his case. His murder remains unsolved.

by Anonymousreply 75April 18, 2024 5:54 AM

Casimir Sucharski, a friend of OJ's, was murdered alongside two female companions in his house in Florida by people with machine guns two weeks after Ron and Nicole were murdered.

Michael Nigg was friends with Ron and also worked at the Mezzaluna restaurant. He was murdered a year later in 1995 by being shot in the head after refusing to give his money to two men outside an ATM. The men who shot him didn't end up taking his money. His murder remains unsolved.

Not saying these murders are necessarily related to each other but it does make you wonder since all of these people reportedly led similar lifestyles which involved the use of cocaine. Faye Resnick, a cocaine addict, was also living with Nicole just days before the murders.

Video footage of OJ after the dance recital shows him in a good mood. Christian Reichardt also spoke with him on the phone an hour before the murders and testified his demeanor was jovial and not indicative of a simmering murderous rage.

His telephone records also show he made phone calls trying to set up dates with a few models, one of which he told he was unattached to anyone. If he was in a jealous rage over Nicole, why was he trying to date other women?

Another thing is Sydney was supposed to have a sleepover that night with one of her friends who ate dinner at the Mezzaluna restaurant with her and the Brown’s. OJ had been aware of this. That he would choose this day of all days to commit a murder, especially considering he also had a flight to catch, doesn’t make sense.

**This info is rarely included in most of the popular documentaries, TV shows, podcasts, books, etc. but almost all of it came out during the trial and can be verified.

by Anonymousreply 76April 18, 2024 5:55 AM

Donald Freed interview about the OJ Simpson murder case (1996)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 18, 2024 5:56 AM

Alternative theory of the Nicole Brown Simpson & Ron Goldman murders | Mezzaluna + Drugs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 18, 2024 5:56 AM

R76 OJ murdered Ron and Nicole. His blood 🩸 was at the crime scene. Nicole’s blood was on the bloody sock in his bedroom. Anyone else would have done life in prison with no parole.

by Anonymousreply 79April 18, 2024 1:25 PM

I don't think the jury thought they were letting the killer go free. They said the prosecution didn't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt so they couldn't convict him. Some believed there was foul play and a frame job by racist LAPD. This was in the time of the Rodney King riots, DNA evidence was new and the racist cop didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 80April 18, 2024 1:55 PM

Wasn’t one of the black male jurors quoted as incredulously saying after the trial was over, “Convict a man? On blood evidence?”.

by Anonymousreply 81April 18, 2024 2:05 PM

They later learned one of the jurors was a former member of the Black Panthers and gave the first sign to OJ as he left the courtroom.

by Anonymousreply 82April 18, 2024 2:56 PM

And OJ forgot about that man the second he was acquitted. And went on to get himself another white girlfriend. And he actually thought he could get back to living a normal life. He got his face broke.

by Anonymousreply 83April 18, 2024 3:00 PM

AC probably had two white girls waiting in his bedroom for him when he got home from jail.

by Anonymousreply 84April 18, 2024 3:48 PM

WHET Paula Barbieri?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 18, 2024 3:54 PM

Well might you ask!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 18, 2024 11:04 PM

She ended up with her throat intact

by Anonymousreply 87April 18, 2024 11:17 PM

Why didn't they concentrate the case on if he was involved tangentially in any way with what went down that night? Did he hire a hit man? Was it a robbery-for-hire that went horribly wrong? Did he send someone over to just scare her? Instead of asking, "Did you slice those two up then hop a plane?".

I believe OJ was at Nicole's that night but briefly, after the murders.

by Anonymousreply 88April 18, 2024 11:50 PM

I believe you have no clue 🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 89April 19, 2024 12:03 AM

[quote] Yeah the doc is better but the worst part of the Murphy show is that ginger Connie Britton played Faye Resnick, who is biracial, I thought? At any rate, she's nothing like Connie.

I love Connie Britton, but her being cast as Faye Resnick was awful. I thought John Travolta as Shaprio and David Schwimmer as Robert Kardashian were the other weak parts of the mini-series. Overall, it was good and I thought the episode about the chase was well done.

by Anonymousreply 90April 19, 2024 12:50 AM

OJ would have been drenched in blood from spurting, spewing arteries in the middle of the night. With no time to wash it all off before hopping a plane.

He. Was. Not. There.

But he did know who murdered them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 19, 2024 12:58 AM

OJ changed clothes you dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 92April 19, 2024 1:35 AM

What was in the garment bag that OJ handed to Robert Kardashian that went missing?

There’s video of him handing it to Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 93April 19, 2024 2:03 AM

The bloody clothes and, probably, the murder weapon.

by Anonymousreply 94April 19, 2024 2:08 AM

The weapon and the clothes were almost certainly in the duffel bag OJ threw in a trash can at the airport in LA before he got on his flight to Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 95April 19, 2024 2:13 AM

In that computer generated scenario, the killer was standing behind Nichole when he slit her throat, so he would not necessarily have been covered in blood.

I’ve watched a bunch of the Jack the Ripper documentaries, and according to them, if you’re standing behind someone and cut their throats, you won’t necessarily get covered in blood. Their blood is blocked by their body in front of you. Just your sleeves would be bloody. In theory.

If the person was wearing dark clothes and gloves, it wouldn’t be easy to tell at a glance. Especially since it was dark.

by Anonymousreply 96April 19, 2024 2:45 AM

I mean, no shit, Sherlock but it's official:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 19, 2024 3:09 AM

About the lack of injuries except for the cut on his hand (from broken glass, probably): He was wearing gloves, he was strong and in control... Did he have wounds from the other times he beat and injured Nicole?

by Anonymousreply 98April 19, 2024 3:48 AM

Either r97 is lost, or OJ is still wreaking havoc from the great beyond.

by Anonymousreply 99April 19, 2024 6:04 AM

I read If I did it. He blames all the problems on Nicole. If you want a motive, there it is. Nicole's bullshit.

You don't speak of the dead that way, after they're dead. You don't usually have survivor's guilt. He was covered in blood. He says he changed his clothes in it. He says what Ron Goldman said to him.

by Anonymousreply 100April 19, 2024 1:17 PM

Late, lost, lo siento.

by Anonymousreply 101April 19, 2024 2:09 PM

R100 What did Ron say to him? I read that book back in my drinking years and don't remember anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 102April 19, 2024 2:36 PM

OJ was a very typical batterer. He blamed the victim. Would not surprise me at all if he thought he was doing a good thing, "protecting" his kids from seeing their mother behaving like a whore with this waiter from the local restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 103April 19, 2024 3:05 PM

You can speak ill of the dead.

by Anonymousreply 104April 19, 2024 3:19 PM

Sure but not if you actually liked them. Even Lisa Marie Presley had nice things to say about Michael after he died.

by Anonymousreply 105April 19, 2024 6:24 PM

I know he was cremated but is there a memorial stone or crypt I can piss on?

by Anonymousreply 106April 19, 2024 6:44 PM

Fred Goldman must have felt like he was in the Twilight Zone in that courtroom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 20, 2024 3:32 AM

I've never heard that press conference, R107, but it's powerful. Reminded me of Robert Shapiro saying that Cochran used race in the defense strategy even though he (Shapiro) didn't want to:

[quote]Defense attorney Robert Shapiro said Tuesday he objected to 'playing the race card' in the double-murder trial of O.J. Simpson, but that it was out of his hands when co-counsel Johnnie Cochran took over the strategy. 'My position was always the same, that race would not and should not be a part of this case,' Not only did we play the race card, we dealt it from the bottom of the deck.' Shapiro, who was hired as the lead defense attorney, said the case changed 'and Johnnie Cochran was in charge of the overall strategy of presenting the defense that had been done and created earlier on.' He also said he was surprised and 'deeply offended' when Cochran made references to Hitler and the Holocaust in discussing retired Los Angeles police Detective Mark Fuhrman during his closing argument. 'I was deeply offended. To me, the Holocaust stands alone as the most horrible human event in modern civilization. And with the Holocaust came Adolph Hitler, and to compare this man in any way to a rogue cop, in my opinion, was wrong.' Cochran's emphasis on race was in direct opposition to Shapiro's beliefs, the lawyer said. 'He believes that everything in America is related to race. I do not,' he said. 'I believe there are certainly racial problems in this country, and I believe that peaceful solutions can help bring the races together.'

Fred Goldman showed how that strategy felt to (at least one of ) the victim's family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 20, 2024 4:12 AM

What was Shapiro’s defence strategy, then?

by Anonymousreply 109April 20, 2024 6:16 AM

A plea bargain, R109, since Shapiro knew he was guilty.

by Anonymousreply 110April 20, 2024 6:17 AM

The Goldman's were Jewish and probably had ancestors die in the Holocaust. If anything, OJ is more similar to that, in the sense him and it killed their family members.

If Cochran also knew he was guilty but didn't care because it was payback for a jury letting the racist cops go free, fuck him, seriously. Why even have juries? Ought to be a diverse set of judges making these decisions.

by Anonymousreply 111April 20, 2024 10:21 AM

You guys dont know the role of a criminal defense attorney. The role is not to determine guilt and plead him out if *you* think your client is guilty. These are constitutional rights. If you ever get in trouble, you want someone to go to the mat on your behalf.

Cochran was known as a better trial attorney than Shapiro.

by Anonymousreply 112April 20, 2024 11:36 AM

In a criminal case such as O.J.'s the defense attorney's main job is to sow doubt. Cochran did that. All the drama we see on TV , in movies, etc. about some lawyer asking the defendant "Did you do it?" is melodramatic, but not really relevant. you hear the defendant's story. You ask questions like, How did the blood get in the bronco? Are those your gloves? Etc. But the defense attorney's job is to get a not guilty verdict. Not guilty, doesn't mean you're innocent. Shapiro was getting signals from Garcetti about the "race card." They didn't want another Rodney King type incident triggering a riot. The media hyped O.J. so much ,people were polarized and the trial was a media event. Shapiro was lead attorney, but Cochran muscled in and got his way. Shapiro really had no alternative strategy. Unless maybe he would have smeared the victims. But the fact is the LAPD was ripe for the picking. The Detectives were careless, the technicians sloppy, and the cops corrupt and unprofessional. Cochran exposed all of that. It is a very typical strategy. When you can't prove your client is innocent you attack the prosecution's case. The Prosecutors should have known t hat. Instead of O.J., at a certain point it was LAPD and Fuhrman on trial. Once Cochran was on board it was definitely going to be about the LAPD, and race. The Prosecution should have torn up their strategy and developed a new one that didn't include Mark Fuhrman. It was inexcusable that a private investigator for the Defense, was able to uncover all that dirt about Fuhrman and the Prosecution didn't. And the fact that O.J. hung out with and partied with cops was not given enough attention. IMO the prosecution's only hope was to hang LAPD around O.J.'s neck. That Jury needed to look at O.J. differently. They need to get on board with "I'm not Black, I', O.J."

by Anonymousreply 113April 20, 2024 12:57 PM

R112 OJ got off because he had money for good attorneys. That's not justice. No we don't want cons arguing and conflating true justice.

If I ever murdered two people I'd probably shoot myself and spare everyone the charade, but of course narcissist murderers are only thinking of themselves.

There is a lot of injustice in the court system and buying the best lawyers does not rectify it or provide true justice. The verdict was a touchdown only for OJ not anyone else without money.

by Anonymousreply 114April 20, 2024 1:43 PM

Having good attorneys isn’t justice? You’re wrong.

by Anonymousreply 115April 20, 2024 3:07 PM

With Ron in an exclusive category of tragically doomed game show contestants forever remembered as victims of notorious crimes, Jay Sebring on TTTT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 20, 2024 3:12 PM

There needs to be a forensic investigation of every penny Orenthal left behind. You know he had cash stashed everywhere. And how many rich U.S. blacks supported him financially? Bill Cosby? Sports players?

I don't want his family to get one dime, because they covered for daddy to stay in the will. There's no way those brats slept through dogs barking and their mother screaming bloody murder.

by Anonymousreply 117April 20, 2024 3:16 PM

I'm curious if children will receive his NFL pension.

by Anonymousreply 118April 20, 2024 3:24 PM

I don't think O.J. was that generous to his kids. We will never know, but he seems like someone who thought he would live forever. He seemed selfish. Put it another way:If OJ was my father, I get every dime I could while he was still alive. I might get some of his personal effects I would auction off.

by Anonymousreply 119April 20, 2024 3:57 PM

The NFL pension rules.

“Then, when you die, your surviving spouse will receive 50% of the pension you were receiving. If your spouse dies before you do, then no benefits are paid after your death. Your surviving spouse is your spouse at the time of your pension beginning date.“

by Anonymousreply 120April 20, 2024 4:04 PM

You are absolutely insane R117. I would tell you to go make a living writing fiction, but I'm pretty sure you actually believe your bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 121April 20, 2024 4:12 PM

Will there be a moment of silence for OJ at USC’s commencement?

Or is it too soon?

by Anonymousreply 122April 20, 2024 4:24 PM

I used to talk about this case sometimes with my father when it was going on. My father said Fred Goldman "made him sick." He hated him for some reason. But then again, my father tried to murder my mother and was very much like OJ in how he thought and acted.

I no longer speak to him but I'm sure he was sad that OJ died.

by Anonymousreply 123April 20, 2024 8:16 PM

[quote] She did not have popular appeal.

Where was your father the night of June 12, 1994?

by Anonymousreply 124April 20, 2024 8:23 PM

R124, Watching the Tony Awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 20, 2024 8:35 PM

R117 the kids slept through it because they slept in the back. It was a joint condo that was renovated to connect all the way to the back unit. They weren't right upstairs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 20, 2024 9:35 PM

R126 thanks for that diagram. I had no idea the Condo was that big, or where the kids' bedrooms were.

by Anonymousreply 127April 20, 2024 10:21 PM

Even without fully realizing the gargantuan size of the condo, how could that asshole R117 believe those kids witnessed O.J. murdering their mother and then went right to sleep before the cops showed up? Are you kidding me?

by Anonymousreply 128April 20, 2024 11:48 PM

R128, that poster is a gay man who sees his niece and nephew twice a year (Christmas and Easter) so he is absolutely clueless.

by Anonymousreply 129April 20, 2024 11:56 PM

Article about the condo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 21, 2024 12:59 AM

3,400 square feet with that layout? O.J. could’ve murdered Nicole with a grenade launcher and you wouldn’t hear it from all the way back where those kids slept.

The layout of the condo, the way the front gate area was set up trapping poor Ron Goldman like a caged animal when O.J. confronted him with the knife—you couldn’t have asked for a better spot to murder two people.

by Anonymousreply 131April 21, 2024 1:39 AM

The condo was basically a mirror image. It had two kitchens.

by Anonymousreply 132April 21, 2024 1:43 AM

R131 people believe OJ confessed in his book even though he added a character Charlie and said it was hypothetical:

...I opened the door, got out of the Bronco, and stole across the alley. Nicole's condo was one of two units, both of them long and narrow, mirror images of each other, fused at the middle. They each had their own entry, on Bundy, and they each had a back gate, in the alley, but Nicole's back gate was broken. The buzzer didn't work properly, and the gate opened if you gave it a little push. I must have told her a million times—"Please get the goddamn gate fixed!"—but the woman never listened. I slipped past the gate, into the narrow courtyard, and moved toward the front door, and right away I noticed lights flickering in the windows. I moved past the front door to take a closer look. There were candles burning inside, and I could hear faint music playing. It was obvious that Nicole was expecting company. I wondered who the fuck it was this time. I wondered if maybe Faye was coming over with some of her boy-toys so that they could all get wild and dirty while my kids were sleeping upstairs.

Just as I was beginning to get seriously steamed, the back gate squeaked open. A guy came walking through like he owned the fucking place. He saw me and froze. He was young and good-looking, with a thick head of black hair, and I tried to place him, hut I'd never seen him before. I didn't even know his name: Ron Goldman.

"Who the fuck are you?" I said.

"I, uh—I just came by to return a pair of glasses," he replied, stammering.

"Really? A pair of glasses, huh?"

"Yes," he said. He was carrying an envelope. "Judy left them at the restaurant. I'm a waiter at Mezzaluna."

"So it's Judy, is it? You're on a first-name basis with Judy."

At that moment, the gate behind Goldman squeaked again. Charlie walked into the narrow space. He was carrying the knife. "Everything cool here?" he asked. "I saw this guy walking through the gate, and I just wanted to make sure there wasn't going to be any trouble."

"This motherfucker wants me to believe that he's here drop- ping off a pair of Judy's glasses," I said. "I am," Goldman said, appearing increasingly nervous. He held up an envelope. "Look for yourself."

"And then what?" I said. 'You were going back to the restaurant?"

"No," he said. "My shift's over. I'm just leaving these here and going home."

"You expect me to believe that?"

"I don't expect anything," he said. "I'm telling you the truth."

"You're a fucking liar!" I shouted.

"I'm not. I swear to God."

"She's got candles burning inside. Fucking music playing. Probably a nice bottle of red wine breathing on the counter, waiting for you."

"Not for me," Goldman protested.

"Fuck you, man! You think I'm fucking stupid or something?!" Suddenly the front door opened. Nicole came outside, alerted by our raised voices. She was wearing a slinky little cocktail dress, black, with probably not much on underneath. Her mouth fell open in shock. She looked at me, and she looked at Goldman, and she looked at Charlie, just beyond. Goldman was pretty well trapped. Charlie stood between him and the rear gate, and I was barring his way to the front.

"O.J., what the fuck is going on?"

I turned to look at Nicole. "That's what I want to know," I said. Kato, the dog, came wandering out of the house. He saw me and wagged his tail, then he saw Goldman and also wagged his tail. I looked at Goldman, steamed, and Charlie moved closer, the knife still in his hand. I think he sensed that things were about to get out of control, because I was very close to losing it.

"I'm listening, motherfucker!" I said to Goldman.

"O.J.!" Nicole hollered. "Leave him the fuck alone! What are you doing here, anyway? I thought you were going to Chicago."

by Anonymousreply 133April 21, 2024 2:05 AM

Why would two little kids need their own kitchen?

by Anonymousreply 134April 21, 2024 3:48 AM

Wow, R133. I want to hear the rest of the story. Did OJ write that book because he knew he couldn't be arrested again? Eerie.

by Anonymousreply 135April 21, 2024 4:15 AM

O.J. did not write [italic]If I Did It.[/italic] The book was written by Pablo Fenjves.

by Anonymousreply 136April 21, 2024 4:19 AM

In cooperation with OJ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 21, 2024 4:25 AM

The ghostwriter testified in the trial. He was a neighbor of Nicole and heard the wailing Akita dog, Kato. He ended up looking outside, seeing nothing, and going to his office to work for a bit then going back to bed.

He testified in the trial around the 9:00 mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 21, 2024 4:31 AM

The Goldmans got the right to the book, from the Civil suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 21, 2024 4:34 AM

I still don’t understand how the “hypothetical” nature of the book is explained

by Anonymousreply 140April 21, 2024 6:40 AM

A non-confessional confession.

by Anonymousreply 141April 21, 2024 9:35 AM

Who be Charlie??

by Anonymousreply 142April 21, 2024 4:51 PM

“Charlie” is OJ’s friend in If I Did It. Could be OJ, could be AC Cowlings.

by Anonymousreply 143April 21, 2024 4:53 PM

Or his son. Or his conscience/alter-ego.

by Anonymousreply 144April 21, 2024 5:06 PM

It's really sad that OJ died before his search for the true killers, which he'd announced on the day of his acquittal, was able to identify who actually did it.

by Anonymousreply 145April 21, 2024 5:20 PM

Wait a minute, did they name the dog "Kato" after OJ's live-in Kato Kalin?

by Anonymousreply 146April 21, 2024 5:28 PM

Kato explained the kids liked him and named the dog after him.

by Anonymousreply 147April 21, 2024 5:46 PM

^ The honor of Kato's disreputable life.

by Anonymousreply 148April 21, 2024 5:54 PM

[quote] Kato explained the kids liked him and named the dog after him.

My parent's housekeeper was so enchanted with the child R149 that I was that she named her son after me!

by Anonymousreply 149April 21, 2024 6:09 PM

JohnBenet?

by Anonymousreply 150April 21, 2024 7:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!