Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Damon Albarn Blasts Coachella Crowd: ‘You’ll Never See Us Again’

Zoomers looking like zombies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2024 10:13 PM

Everyone knows Coachella is peak cringe and chock full of desperados. It’s less about the music and more about brands shilling crap. Coachella = corporate greed. No respectable music fan would be caught dead there.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2024 6:20 PM

Coachella is terrible. No new or interesting bands this year, a lot of retreads.

I like Blur but few of the Coachella attendees probably knew their music. Most of them are vapid twats who just go to pose for Instagram snaps.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2024 6:21 PM

Buy expensive tickets*, wear your slutty Coachella outfit, do some drugs, spend all your time at the event posting on social media... that's what it seems to all be about based on social media. Music? What's that?

)*I don't know what Coachella actually costs, but I'm going to assume it's expensive due to demand.)

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2024 6:21 PM

There’s a good deal of Gen Z Blur fans from what I’ve seen on social media. None of them were at Coachella?

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2024 6:22 PM

Albarn is still damned sexy.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2024 6:22 PM

As a native of LA, Coachella used to be the best weekend in SoCal. I went four times from 2004 (Radiohead! The Pixies! The Cure! Bright Eyes! Beck!) to 2012.

Of course 2004 was the best year. Crowds were doable. It was actually a blast because everyone was there for the music, maybe some drugs, and to have a great time. And it wasn't THAT expensive.

I had so much fun. (Of course, I was 24. So that helped!) But now? Even though I still go to shows all the time? Simply couldn't pay me to now. It would feel like work these days.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2024 6:26 PM

My friends in LA loved Coachella - 15 years ago. Now they all say it’s embarrassing and full of the worst people you’ll ever encounter. I don’t know anyone who went this year. The only celebrities who go are paid big $$ to be there (clothing brands use Coachella as a source of advertising) and they definitely don’t interact with the plebs.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2024 6:26 PM

R7 that's exactly right. When I went with my bf in 2012, we only made it to the venue the first night. We had such a bad time. The crowds were huge but off putting and not into the music or the communal aspect of a festival at all.

It was selfies and posing and not much else. We both decided that would be our last time doing Coachella. And it was.

We just stayed at the hotel, did molly and fucked for two days! We had a much better time!

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2024 6:45 PM

This photo perfectly encapsulates Coachella in 2024, I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2024 6:54 PM

r6- we're the exact same age and I also attended Coachella a few times in that window. Those were the golden days when the focus truly was on alt/indie music -- whether rock, hip hop or dance. Those days are long gone and clearly Blur's management did them a disservice not making sure they were aware. They've always been niche in the U.S. but their loyal following isn't going to Coachella these days. Maybe Gorillaz' success at Coachella blinded Damon the realities on the ground in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2024 6:54 PM

Blur at Coachella? Both are incredibly overrated. They deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2024 7:02 PM

I would lick Damon's shitter.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2024 7:06 PM

R12 = Damon.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2024 7:11 PM

I've heard of self suck but have never heard of anyone licking their own ass. That would be quite something

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2024 7:13 PM

I agree with other posters that probably most Coachella goers these days wouldn't have a clue who Blur is or what they sing. It's not their crowd, why did they book it?

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2024 7:16 PM

R15 I assume because Gorillaz *is* known a bit more by younger attendees and maybe they thought it would be similar......but nah. Blur has only put out two albums in the last 20 years so no, no one under 30 or so is super familiar with them.

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2024 7:19 PM

R6 Also the same age as you and loved Coachella in that window of time as well. I saw Bjork, The Strokes and Interpol (among many others) multiple times there. Morrissey’s set in 2009 was some of the most fun I’ve had!

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2024 7:24 PM

Who is this person?

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2024 9:49 PM

R18 = Coachella crowd

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2024 10:05 PM

"So no one's gonna cry for you...you'll never see me again..."

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2024 10:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!