Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chick-fil-A plan for gay-friendly Palm Springs sparks outrage: ‘I’d starve before I ate there’

Plans by Chick-fil-A to open an outpost in gay-friendly Palm Springs, Calif. sparked intense backlash from angry residents looking keep out the famously devout the company once known for donating to anti-LGBTQ causes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 16, 2024 6:23 PM

Just don't go there. I personally wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2024 4:32 PM

I don't eat at Chick-Fil-A out of principle, but I think there's enough MAGAts in the area and surrounding desert communities to make this happen.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2024 4:33 PM

Is there an In-N-Out Burger place in Palm Springs?

Because they're just as religious and anti-gay as Chik-Fil-A, but I don't hear anyone complaining.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2024 4:35 PM

Murdoch NY Post intern, at it again

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2024 4:35 PM

Will this Chick-fil-a be staffing this location with young gay and lesbian workers ?

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2024 4:36 PM

Most likely yes, R5. Based on my experience with Chick-fil-A, it seems very popular with the attractive gaylings. Probably because it isn't perceived as totally low class trash like McDonald's, Burger King, etc. Starbucks is also popular with young gays looking for work.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2024 4:42 PM

[quote]Probably because it isn't perceived as totally low class trash

It isn't? I always thought it was.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2024 4:49 PM

[quote] ‘I’d starve before I ate there’

Also he will hold his breath until he dies. 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙣 we'll be sorry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2024 4:55 PM

I’m still pissed off there’s one in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2024 5:01 PM

r7, chick-fil-a is fast food, so it's still lower class in that sense. But it's the most expensive of those cheaper options and both the workers and the customers reflect that. When I'm in the mood for fast food, I get my chicken sandwich from there. They are clean, polite, and often attractive.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2024 5:09 PM

I think it's time we let the adverse attitude to this place go. Thousand of privately held companies have conservative leadership. Chic fi let must abide by all state and local anti discrimination laws. I guarantee that.a Palms Springs branch would be staffed by gays.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2024 5:20 PM

New York political leadership is working to make Chick-fil-a more available to the public. New Yorkers want more !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2024 5:28 PM

The "not open on Sundays" doesn't bother me. I mean, yes, the reason is silly, but the effect is that it guarantees a day where some poor employee is not going to be "encouraged" to drop everything and come into work to make Karen's chicken sandwich because the other employees are sick. No matter what he knows that day is open to him to actually make plans. I'm perfectly fine with that.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2024 5:37 PM

BTW, only one of those rest stops just had only a chick-fil-a available and that was a temporary situation. If there are other options available in the rest stop as is almost always the case, then this is just trying to get them to crack for other reasons. But the 30-years left on the leases makes this all moot anyway...

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2024 5:43 PM

Oh, the Xtian tourists will love it.

Barf.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2024 5:48 PM

Also, it's not really covered in these articles, but there are potential legal issues when cities try to block Chick-fil-A. "Their social views suck!" is not sufficient reason. That's why you often see other reasons offered to ban this or that business that are really pretty flimsy.

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2024 5:54 PM

R4 Forgot to say "Oh look, another Trump thread."

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2024 6:22 PM

Chick-fil-A opened a location in my state (RI) about twelve years ago. At the same time, they opened a location right over the border in MA. They had plans to pen more in RI and nearby MA, but it never happened. Both locations are always busy (I've tried it once or twice, never impressed).

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2024 6:23 PM

Love their chicken sammies though.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2024 6:30 PM

[quote]R3: Because they're just as religious and anti-gay as Chik-Fil-A, but I don't hear anyone complaining.

No doubt because you're not listening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2024 6:41 PM

Moreover:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2024 6:42 PM

Furthermore:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2024 6:43 PM

[quote] (I've tried it once or twice, never impressed).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2024 6:43 PM

I tried it to see what it was like. The fries were okay, the lemonade was okay. The sandwich was tender but tasted of absolutely nothing but salt.

by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2024 6:55 PM

The fat whore move is to get the frozen lemonade that's basically a soft serve lemonade float.

by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2024 6:58 PM

Is Chick-fil-A any worse than any corporation which gives money to any republican campaign?

by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2024 7:00 PM

R26 For some reason Chick fil A and Hobby Lobby are on the 'target list' for LGBTQ. I think possibly Home Depot, too ?

by Anonymousreply 27April 15, 2024 7:03 PM

[quote] I’m still pissed off there’s one in NYC.

The location at 6th Avenue and W 37th Street is just up the block from me. That place is always busy, and it’s not just NYC tourists. I’ve even seen NY gays eating in there - gay gasp.

by Anonymousreply 28April 15, 2024 7:13 PM

They’re franchises, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 29April 15, 2024 7:15 PM

Gay ones, r22, or tranny ones?

by Anonymousreply 30April 15, 2024 7:16 PM

[quote] chick-fil-a is fast food, so it's still lower class in that sense. But it's the most expensive of those cheaper options

Oh, do shut the fuck up, you effeminate snob.

by Anonymousreply 31April 15, 2024 7:18 PM

[quote] Because they're just as religious and anti-gay as Chik-Fil-A, but I don't hear anyone complaining.

Typical liberal bullshit. The same ones who cry about women’s rights while championing Islam and trannies in women’s spaces.

by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2024 7:20 PM

I’ll gladly keep eating there. Along with Raising Canes, it’s the only decent fast food out there.

by Anonymousreply 33April 15, 2024 7:20 PM

In and Out has some locations near Palm Springs but none within city limits. Same with Chik-Fil-A.

I think any gay person who gives them $$ are some of the dumbest people to ever live, but suit yourself if you want to piss in your own face. I wouldn't spend a cent there.

by Anonymousreply 34April 15, 2024 7:21 PM

[quote]R30: Gay ones, [R22], or tranny ones?

Drive-by far right troll, responsible for R29, R30, R31, and R32.

Conservative Christians don't give a shit which constituent out of the LGBT that Russians are trying to sow division from the larger group on social media; they'd just as soon kill us all.

The LGBT have a common enemy.

Go peddle that divisive bullshit someplace else.

by Anonymousreply 35April 15, 2024 9:25 PM

[quote]R27: For some reason Chick fil A and Hobby Lobby are on the 'target list' for LGBTQ. I think possibly Home Depot, too ?

Gee, I can't imagine why. Can you?

It couldn't have anything to do with those companies having targeted LGBTQ through their donations, now, could it?

by Anonymousreply 36April 15, 2024 9:29 PM

R11 can be bought with a shitty chicken sandwich. Would you be willing to let it go if McDonald's only recently stopped donating to the KKK, gurl? Fuck you dickless corporate shill.

by Anonymousreply 37April 15, 2024 9:30 PM

R37, R11 is probably no closer to a Chick-Fil-A than Kazakhstan. The troll brigades love posting threads about Chick-Fil-A on a gay forum, then using socks to strafe the thread with posts about how good the sandwiches are, and how it's time to give up the grudge.

by Anonymousreply 38April 15, 2024 9:39 PM

Until someone else makes a chicken sandwich as tasty as Chick-Fil-A -- and many have tried -- I will enjoy the occasional treat.

by Anonymousreply 39April 15, 2024 10:16 PM

I have the perfect sandwich for you, R39.

by Anonymousreply 40April 15, 2024 10:18 PM

R39 is an example of one of the socks.

Probably the opposite side of the planet from the nearest Chick-Fil-A.

by Anonymousreply 41April 15, 2024 10:31 PM

R36 As the prophets stated, no ?

by Anonymousreply 42April 15, 2024 10:37 PM

Fuck ‘m

by Anonymousreply 43April 15, 2024 10:37 PM

R3, I won't go anywhere near there either. But being a liberal in southern California is a joke...the roads are dominated by Teslas and every In n Out Burger has a line a mile long at all hours of the day and night causing traffic on major streets. Assholes.

by Anonymousreply 44April 15, 2024 10:38 PM

Chick-fil-A isn't that good. If you're going for fast-food chicken, Popeye's is better.

by Anonymousreply 45April 15, 2024 10:38 PM

I think Wendy's also does a better version of a chicken sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 46April 15, 2024 10:39 PM

I live in a gay-friendly town and love driving by the Chik-fil-A and seeing the empty parking lot, the one car at the drive-up.

by Anonymousreply 47April 15, 2024 10:42 PM

[quote]R42: As the prophets stated, no ?

No.

'The prophets' stated nothing of the sort.

by Anonymousreply 48April 15, 2024 10:45 PM

R48 Ahhhh - I stand corrected. It was Nostradamus - as Nostradamus foretold.

by Anonymousreply 49April 15, 2024 10:52 PM

Let's just get one thing straight here (no pun intended). This restaurant chain is not simply owned by people with conservative views - if that were the case (as pointed out here that many are) I would not care. It's not the owner overheard using a slur at a bar-b-que - it's a position taken by the entire company. They gave to organizations that just didn't fight the codification of gay rights, but gave to organization advocating for the death of LGBT people in African Nations. Then they lied about stopping - then lied again - and now they tell the worse kind of lie - they opened their own not-for-profit organization which funds these anti-gay operations. These are hateful sick people with blood on their hands. So when you patronize that business, not only are you funding these operations, but you're also helping them get a tax break. But what do we get from our own community? Personally I would never eat there.

by Anonymousreply 50April 15, 2024 11:00 PM

The chicken isn't even good.... way too salty. In fact, nothing on the menu is great. It's mediocre (at best) and overpriced. The salads are particularly horrible.

by Anonymousreply 51April 15, 2024 11:11 PM

[quote]R49: Ahhhh - I stand corrected. It was Nostradamus - as Nostradamus foretold.

Citation, link?

Nostradamus foretold nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 15, 2024 11:16 PM

[Quote] I’m still pissed off there’s one in NYC.

[Quote] The location at 6th Avenue and W 37th Street is just up the block from me. That place is always busy, and it’s not just NYC tourists. I’ve even seen NY gays eating in there - gay gasp.

there's also a very popular location at 46th and 6th in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 53April 15, 2024 11:23 PM

There was one three blocks from my place in St. Pete (FL) that was always crowded. I would never eat there, but I did walk in and look at people's food. Not impressive.

But I always loved Popeye's -- two pieces and a biscuit!

by Anonymousreply 54April 15, 2024 11:41 PM

Their milkshakes are awesome

by Anonymousreply 55April 16, 2024 12:22 AM

That logo would look neat with 6 colors vertically across the logo. I’ll still never eat there.

by Anonymousreply 56April 16, 2024 12:25 AM

I have never eaten at Bigots-are-us since the controversy started.

There is no remorse, simply regret regarding the impact on their bottom line. It's pure cyncism, not contrition.

by Anonymousreply 57April 16, 2024 1:17 AM

[quote] Their milkshakes are awesome

How are you enjoying life as a tremendously fat person?

by Anonymousreply 58April 16, 2024 3:11 AM

[quote] I live in a gay-friendly town and love driving by the Chik-fil-A and seeing the empty parking lot, the one car at the drive-up.

Your Sunday ritual ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 16, 2024 3:26 AM

Their chocolate milkshakes taste cheap, like Hershey's syrup.

by Anonymousreply 60April 16, 2024 3:51 AM

EWWWW, CARBS!

by Anonymousreply 61April 16, 2024 4:02 AM

Horrible company. Just like Cracker Barrel. Never will eat at that one either.

by Anonymousreply 62April 16, 2024 7:05 AM

Cracker Barrel has cleaned up its act. It has been 30+ years since all that shit happened, after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 16, 2024 7:12 AM

^ It could be 300 years & I still wouldn't eat there. Good manners trumps everything.

by Anonymousreply 64April 16, 2024 7:17 AM

I hope you're not in charge of anything, anywhere. Attitudes like yours won't will keep us in the 90's.

by Anonymousreply 65April 16, 2024 7:22 AM

^ I don't know how old you are, but I recall Cracker Barrel bigwigs going on Oprah & other shows bragging about discrimination against us.

This is what they used as public relations against a minority group that wasn't bothering their livelihood = they just wanted to be served & eat in peace.

They chose the Nazi pr way & it backfired on them in most of their establishments. That is the only reason they "changed". The same will be for Chicko, Domineering Pizza & Only In Burger.

These types of right-wing chains are only interested in "damage control" against their profit margins & little else.

by Anonymousreply 66April 16, 2024 7:38 AM

R63 The only chain restaurant with more homo employees than Chick-fil-A is Cracker Barrel.

Seriously, it's a tentpole employer for fey Southern queer boys and their butch lesbian sisters. The fellas love to work in the little general store, and the flat-shoes seem to enjoy being attentive servers and cranky cashiers.

by Anonymousreply 67April 16, 2024 6:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!