Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

JoJo Siwa Says There's "No Such Thing As Stealing" In Music

The chatter around JoJo Siwa's "Karma" continues.

Since JoJo dropped her new single last week, the internet has been abuzz — for better or worse. She's already had to walk back a claim that she was the inventor of "gay pop."

There's also been speculation that she outright stole the song from Miley Cyrus, who allegedly recorded a demo of the song some time in the last decade, as well as pop singer Brit Smith.

Well, in a new interview with TMZ, JoJo set the record straight and is insistent she didn't steal the song — and her explanation makes a lot of sense.

"I did not steal anything," she said. "There's no such thing as stealing. What happens is people write songs, and then, they don't do anything with them. Then, a few years later, it makes sense for another artist."

JoJo went on to point out that "Karma" is, indeed, an old song. "I was pitched it," she said. "I loved it, was obsessed with it, so I grasped on to it. That's a very normal thing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2024 7:52 PM

She is great at performing it live. I love the dance movie at 3:03

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2024 7:35 PM

JoJo is right. It was first this artists song and she made it with Timberland but then it was cancelled because the industry thought brit smith was too basic bitch-like and wanted to give it to Miley but Miley rejected it too apparently and now JoJo has it. I love the song because it sounds like the 90s dance music with AXEL F the frog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2024 7:37 PM

Good God, OPs pic perfectly displays how punchable I find Miley Cyrus.

That's all i really came to say: how much I really find Cyrus completely abhorrent.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2024 7:41 PM

Thanks to AI we can hear Miley's voice pre-crystal meth and listen to how it would have sounded if she had decided to keep it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2024 7:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!