Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Billy Joel at 100

Is anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2024 10:40 AM

Is there cake?

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2024 1:31 AM

Wow he's older than Diana Ross.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2024 1:38 AM

I didn't know he was that old.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2024 1:40 AM

This is his 100th concert at Madison Square Garden. He's retiring from performing this July.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2024 1:45 AM

[quote]He's retiring from performing this July.

Well, he's 100 so it's probably time R4. He's worse than Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2024 1:48 AM

Great link, OP, you fat moron.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2024 1:49 AM

Mere youngsters…

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2024 1:49 AM

CBS clearly threw the kitchen sink into this, so I'm let down that Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari didn't come romping out at the beginning of "My Life".

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2024 2:10 AM

Billy Joel spoke negatively about performing his hits live many times. He truly hates it. He prefers classical music and considers pop music and even his owns stuff boring and of little value.

He's just doing it for the money now.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2024 2:10 AM

[quote]so I'm let down that Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari didn't come romping out at the beginning of "My Life".

Peter Scolari's coffin got detained by Madison Square Garden's security and didn't make it onstage in time.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2024 2:16 AM

Did he dedicate Uptown Girl to his ex-wife, Crustie Brinkley?

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2024 2:24 AM

I wonder if he ends of selling his music catalog after he retires.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2024 8:51 AM

I think the last Billy Joel album I bought was Innocent Man, my interest in his music began to fade after that. NOTHING against Joel, just my own personal tastses moved on.

I watched some of the CBS special... man, he wrote some amazing music... just incredible and as someone who was raised on Long island, Jerry Seinfeld was not wrong... Billy's music really did reflect being from the greater NY area.

Did he perform "Captain Jack"? I love that song... it really was the Island's North Shore.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2024 10:35 AM

I like his new video.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2024 10:38 AM

I saw him at MSG the summer before covid. Great show.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2024 10:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!