Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My name is Jaks.

And I'd like to talk about "Masculine Gay Culture."

Because I "present" very masculine.

That makes me very confident.

Jealous, bitches? Don't hate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 18, 2024 6:38 PM

I'd take him more seriously if he wasn't playing cowboy dress up.

Unless the video is mocking the concept of gay men who label themselves as "masc"despite being anything but. I didn't care enough to get more than 1 minute in.

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2024 9:11 PM

Being gay means going for brunch and getting mimosas.

Yuck.

Good thing I wear a cowboy hat to show that I'm butch.

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2024 9:16 PM

I’m sensing something nice and perky under them chaps. Makes me want to engage in some not-so-straight activities.

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2024 9:27 PM

Isn’t it ironic? He is…

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2024 9:38 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Apparently you present as "Masculine" if you keep a log in your living room . . .

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2024 9:42 PM

He's as masculine as a beaded clutch on Tony night.

by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2024 9:42 PM

He looks like he's auditioning to be the Flying Nun for the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence...

by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2024 9:48 PM

Brilliant! Realizing there's all kinds of gay! Just Brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2024 9:53 PM
by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2024 9:55 PM

Thank goodness for being able to quickly look through the whole video without actually watching it. Doesn't look like he ever takes off any of his clothes, so he can go fuck himself. How's THAT for gay culture, Mr. Cowboy?

by Anonymousreply 10April 14, 2024 9:56 PM

Umm, no. Dream on cowgirl.

by Anonymousreply 11April 14, 2024 9:59 PM

My god, the smell of those cookies is driving me crazy -right through the screen and across the internet!

MASCULINE??????????????

by Anonymousreply 12April 14, 2024 10:26 PM

[quote] if you keep a log in your living room . . .

I like a big log in the living room!

by Anonymousreply 13April 14, 2024 10:47 PM

Lol R6 wins!

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2024 1:00 AM

He found a suitable boyfriend in France.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2024 1:21 AM

“Is he gay?” “No, he’s French.” “Same thing!”

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2024 1:23 AM

He's got gay voice and gay mannerisms.

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2024 1:46 AM

Don't we make just about every topic "controversial?"

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2024 1:49 AM

He's adorable.

Other than that, yawn.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2024 1:50 AM

I'd do him.

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2024 2:18 AM

Where does he stand on Puberty Blockers?

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2024 2:35 AM

Puberty is what makes guys become more masculine, so puberty blockers must be a Bad Thing...

Jaks

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2024 2:41 AM

He can say he's masculine all he wants, but that face is 100% lilac gingham table cloth.

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2024 2:48 AM

He looks like Jacob Elordi sans pointy chin

by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2024 2:48 AM

Pretty much the first thing he does is admit he has a lot of feminine characteristics.

I'm not sure how offended I'm supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2024 3:01 AM

He's a sweetheart Wouldn't throw him out of bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2024 9:27 AM

R6 Perhaps she'll land a streamer on STARZ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 15, 2024 9:41 AM

Who's the gay man in the white cowboy hat?

by Anonymousreply 28April 15, 2024 10:38 AM

How old is he? And is he losing his hair and that's why he wears it pushed forward?

by Anonymousreply 29April 15, 2024 10:47 AM

[quote]is he losing his hair and that's why he wears it pushed forward?

Short answer: yes.

by Anonymousreply 30April 15, 2024 11:16 AM

IQ 95-100? ✓

Navel gazer? ✓

Garrulous? ✓

No irony ✓

Fuckable?✓

by Anonymousreply 31April 15, 2024 11:22 AM

I detect a slight Canadian accent.

by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2024 12:09 PM

Gurrrrrrllll

by Anonymousreply 33April 15, 2024 12:34 PM

R12- There are a lot of deluded queens out there.

I was on a gay cruise years ago and was seated at a table with several other gay men. There was a couple from Florida- PREtentious qweens. One of them was a teacher or principal at a high school and said with a LISP- all of the girls are attracted to me because I'm MASCULINE. He sounded as masculine as Richard Simmons.

by Anonymousreply 34April 15, 2024 2:21 PM

Pretty sure his cowboy hat is ON BACKWARDS

And folks, just because you don't ping everybody's gaydar don't mean you're masculine presenting. Plenty and I mean PLENTY of straight guys aren't masculine presenting but they still pass for straight.

Most gay guys can pass for straight. They probably did so for many years and in many situations. Why young gay folks don't consider this is sad about the loss of understanding our history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2024 9:28 AM

That’s why I don’t go on cruises, the fear of being seated at a table with these frights!

by Anonymousreply 36April 16, 2024 11:33 AM

I think he's very nice. Does he deliver?

Jaksattacks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 16, 2024 12:15 PM

R37- Is that really his boner or a fake?

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2024 12:37 PM

I’m not a jealous bitch and I don’t hate- your oxymoronic statement indicates that you might hate, but mostly your post displays the provocative impulse of a moron (or troll).

by Anonymousreply 39April 16, 2024 12:41 PM

And the vid is Internet nonsense from another moron in a white hat.

by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2024 12:45 PM

I guess I'll have to watch the video to be converted, but superficially...

He's cute,

He has great hair,

He's got a really nice, natural body with great thighs, and

He's got a great dick.

I'd give it a go, masculine or feminine.

Maybe just to see HOW masculine he is in bed.

by Anonymousreply 41April 16, 2024 1:22 PM

R35

“Most gay guys can pass for straight”

How many times has someone come out as gay and a cadre of people that have known the individual for years will say after——“I am shocked, he can’t be gay, He is not fem in anyway, I would have sworn he was as straight as anyone could be?”

Some instead of most would be more accurate.

by Anonymousreply 42April 16, 2024 1:35 PM

Oh please.

by Anonymousreply 43April 16, 2024 1:40 PM

[quote]Some instead of most would be more accurate.

Nope, R42. I'm gonna assume your example is being facetious and you're arguing the opposite so I'll go from there

Your example is about people who've "known the person for years." People who know well and spend a lot of time with them. That's not what we're talking about here.

"Passing for straight" in the context of this thread means most general interactions with someone ain't gonna out them. I"m talking about random people you interact with minorly. not your brother or best friend.

Most, yes MOST, gay men can interact with people without being clocked as gay. Like I said, you're surrounded by them.

by Anonymousreply 44April 17, 2024 6:25 AM

He got a pass all those years because he's cute not because he's straight acting...

by Anonymousreply 45April 17, 2024 2:20 PM

I love watching the masculine litmus test. It’s so full of homophobia and insecurity. Gay men have all that trauma of trying to fit in during formative years with straight boys and they bring it forward to gay culture. No matter how masculine a gay guy is, nasty queens are always trying to tear him down to their super femme level. They search like truffle pigs for femininity and then they strike, “look at what a girly Kween fag he is!” Like so many things in gay culture it’s how these nasty queens get revenge on the jocks who relentlessly teased them, by pathetically taking it out on other gay men. Also, let’s not forget the sexism involved as you’re using femininity as an insult and as something lower than and a degradation. Most masculine men are not insulting other gay guys because they’re feminine, the femme kweens are the ones who care.

by Anonymousreply 46April 17, 2024 2:36 PM

Jaks is an intelligent handsome sincere young gay man in the modern world. No doubt why we despise him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 17, 2024 2:43 PM

Oh please, girl! Your Dollar Tree Psychoanalysis is as shoddy as your Dollar Store Sociology. 🤡

by Anonymousreply 48April 17, 2024 2:48 PM

R48 as opposed to you, who has a trove of emojis to add to every conversation.

by Anonymousreply 49April 17, 2024 3:10 PM

I've known gay men who were genuinely very masculine (including guys who played college football and one who was an Army colonel). They didn't go around talking about how "masc" they are and didn't put down guys who were more feminine

by Anonymousreply 50April 17, 2024 3:31 PM

R50 on the flip side, I’ve never met a super femme gay who wasn’t always trying to emasculate every other gay man, especially masculine ones, in a highly derogatory manner.

by Anonymousreply 51April 17, 2024 4:39 PM

^ An then she bitches and whines that she can never find a top

by Anonymousreply 52April 17, 2024 7:22 PM

R51- They talk about TOXIC masculinity.

That's just propaganda. The toxicity amongst gay men is strictly from the effeminate gays.

It should be called TOXIC effeminacy - not all but so many effeminate gay males are BITCHY/NASTY.

by Anonymousreply 53April 17, 2024 8:25 PM

[quote]Apparently you present as "Masculine" if you keep a log in your living room . . .

Still doesn't explain why we had one backstage at "Attitudes."

by Anonymousreply 54April 17, 2024 9:10 PM

R53, most of the violence in the world is not committed by women or effeminate gays. So calling femininity "toxic" is a bit weird

by Anonymousreply 55April 17, 2024 9:16 PM

I prefer "toxic masculinity" to pissy effeminacy in my men.

by Anonymousreply 56April 17, 2024 9:21 PM

People who say stuff like "I love toxic masculinity" are usually conservatives who are against gay rights because they believe that you're "not a real man" if you're gay

by Anonymousreply 57April 17, 2024 9:24 PM

There's a reason why women are more likely to support LGBT rights than men

by Anonymousreply 58April 17, 2024 9:26 PM

"Also, let’s not forget the sexism involved as you’re using femininity as an insult and as something lower than and a degradation. "

Is that really the case though? Or is that just because when speaking of what gay men are attracted to, femininity is not going to be considered the most desirable?

by Anonymousreply 59April 17, 2024 9:27 PM

R55 toxic feminity has caused more violence and murder than you would like to think. Women may be less hands on as men when it comes to violence but they are more than capable of pulling the strings behind it when they want to.

by Anonymousreply 60April 17, 2024 9:30 PM

Women tend to have more empathy than men. It's why women are less prone to violence and why they are less likely to vote GOP and more likely to support gay people like us. Most "toxically masculine" men are intolerant and scared of LGBT people. Ask some of the gay men who were murdered by straight men in "gay panic" murders

by Anonymousreply 61April 17, 2024 9:36 PM

Yet those masculine (toxic or not) dudes are the ones gays want to fuck R61. Both straight women and gay men (generalizing here but you get my drift) would drop the women/gay male alliance should hot rough trade come their way.

by Anonymousreply 62April 17, 2024 10:05 PM

First, get rid of that name.

by Anonymousreply 63April 17, 2024 10:12 PM

With THOSE overworked eyebrows? Please. What was she thinking?

by Anonymousreply 64April 17, 2024 10:22 PM

R60 spot on. Most wars and crimes are traceable to some woman demanding the world from some man in order for him to get her illustrious pussy.

by Anonymousreply 65April 17, 2024 10:48 PM

Hmm, those s's don't sound all that massssssculine. Cute though.

by Anonymousreply 66April 17, 2024 11:00 PM

R65, nope. Most murders in the US are connected to things like drugs and gangs. But of course misogynist will blame women for the shit that men do

by Anonymousreply 67April 17, 2024 11:21 PM

Nobody masculine is named Jaks.

by Anonymousreply 68April 17, 2024 11:30 PM

He seems like a crushing bore, but I'd top him if given the chance.

by Anonymousreply 69April 18, 2024 2:07 AM

[quote]I prefer "toxic masculinity" to pissy effeminacy in my men.

Oh, R56

Straight guys who fall into the the "toxic" masculinity category would beat the shit out of you and drag you behind their pickup truck if you happened to smile at them.

The word "toxic" is there for a reason, moron. Their insecurity will kill YOU.

Well adjusted straight guys aren't so insecure in their masculinity.

So you can FUCK RIGHT OFF.

by Anonymousreply 70April 18, 2024 4:10 AM

Straight guys just avoided me in school in a “live and let live” kind of way and some were nice, the toxic femininity girls made my life a living hell with constant, not so remarks and straight up outings. If any straight guy was a dick to me it was usually because some homophobic girl was pulling his strings. The only guys that were cunts were the closeted homos projecting themselves onto me.

by Anonymousreply 71April 18, 2024 4:16 AM

Haha!

The girl/woman hating comments are here are so funny.

I doubt they're coming from actual guy guys* but it's fun to see how misogynists minds work. Keep up the nuttery my dudes, it's fascinating.

*Could be a slew of right-wing gays are glomming on this thread, I dunno, but "normal" gay guys don't hate-and-blame women so so much. What a window into some people's psyche.

by Anonymousreply 72April 18, 2024 4:26 AM

Weird, because at pretty much every other high school on planet earth, the straight guys are the bullies. But, apparently at your school, the straight boys were secular saints and all the bad people were females and "closeted homos"

Weird how straight men commit 90% of violent crime but the ones you went to school with were angels. 🤔

And probably like 99% of gaybashing is committed by straight men

by Anonymousreply 73April 18, 2024 4:28 AM

He's done a ton of tik-tok type videos ... you guys never saw him before? Hell, I've seen him on Facebook "Reels" as well. TOTALLY gay. Fancies himself a comedian.

by Anonymousreply 74April 18, 2024 4:31 AM

R73 it was a private school in a liberal, wealthy New England town so probably much different than the inner-city or backwoods hellhole you attended. The experience was definitely different from most.

by Anonymousreply 75April 18, 2024 4:33 AM

Even in wealthy, liberal towns straight men are more antigay than women and more likely to commit gaybashings. There isn't any place on planet earth where women are more violent than men.

by Anonymousreply 76April 18, 2024 4:48 AM

R76 who said anything about violence? Mental abuse is abuse too, and we all know women are who excel in that area.

by Anonymousreply 77April 18, 2024 5:23 AM

Oh christ it’s the all homophobes are secretly gay trolls.

by Anonymousreply 78April 18, 2024 5:34 AM

[quote] The only guys that were cunts were the closeted homos projecting themselves onto me.

Whatever you have to tell yourself hon R71…

by Anonymousreply 79April 18, 2024 6:46 AM

I was watching an interview with Josh Szeps recently (Australian media personality if you don't know) and at one point he said something about being grateful he wasn't obviously gay. I don't think he meant to denigrate being femme, more that people don't make instant judgements about him in the way they would if he was camp.

But I thought he seemed quite gay from his voice and movements. Quite a few people in the comments said similar.

I inwardly cringe when fairly obvious gay guys airily declare that they love being 'masc'.

by Anonymousreply 80April 18, 2024 9:10 AM

[quote]it was a private school in a liberal, wealthy New England town so probably much different than the inner-city or backwoods hellhole you attended.

Do you have two new kittens?

by Anonymousreply 81April 18, 2024 11:31 AM

To say women can't be toxicly feminine is not misogyny. Frankly , it's sexist. Women tend to be much more emotionally manipulative and passive aggresive than men, plus more self serving and selfish.

by Anonymousreply 82April 18, 2024 12:21 PM

R46- These same nasty queens 👸- as much as they denigrate the masculine guys ( they’re extremely jealous of them - because they can’t pass for straight) are very attracted to that same ability to pass for straight and their masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 83April 18, 2024 12:37 PM

R50 Yes that was similar to what I was trying to say. Any genuinely masculine gay men I've known or dated never even once mentioned being "masc". The ones I was poking fun at were gay men who aren't very masculine but confidently state they are, as though it's some achievement.

I wouldn't be surprised if more gay men were masculine than not. It's just that those who aren't masculine stand out more. After all, masculine gay men can blend in with the mass of straight men.

by Anonymousreply 84April 18, 2024 3:49 PM

Men will just shoot ya dead, a woman will drive you to suicide over decades or slowly poison you. Not sure which is worse.

by Anonymousreply 85April 18, 2024 3:57 PM

1980 Playgirl centerfold totally

HOMOSEXUAL but he's trying valiantly to sound/seen straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 18, 2024 3:59 PM

R86 You're confusing young with gay Grampa.

by Anonymousreply 87April 18, 2024 6:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!