Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Outer Limits—there is nothing wrong with your television set…or is there?

Not as good as, or just less popular than, The Twilight Zone? Still, it left an impression on me back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2024 10:28 PM

As a little kid, this scared me (particularly the opening credits), which The Twilight Zone never did.

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2024 8:40 PM

Yes, r1, if I was home alone, the opening was unnerving.

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2024 8:44 PM

I was a kid when it first aired and it did not scare me. I never thought of it as anything but a poor imitation of The Twilight Zone (which did occasionally scare me). I also thought the opening was hokey. Nobody thought their TV was being controlled.

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2024 9:03 PM

[quote]Nobody thought their TV was being controlled.

If I was alone, r3, six year old me did.

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2024 9:35 PM

Hmm, I don't think much of most of TheAdorkableRJ's choices. My top ten would be:

𝟏𝟎. 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞

𝟗. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬

𝟖. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭

𝟕. 𝐅𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

𝟔. 𝐎.𝐁.𝐈.𝐓.

𝟓. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬

𝟒. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐃𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲

𝟑. 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐮𝐬 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝟐. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐧

𝟏. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐡 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

Honorable mentions would be 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐞, 𝐈𝐭 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤, and 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞. Maybe 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2024 4:48 AM

“Demon with a Glass Hand,” (Season 2, episode 5) written by Harlan Ellison, remains one of the greatest episodes of any show to air on American television. Robert Culp is fantastic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2024 6:54 AM

Flipping channels late last night, I happened upon an episode of 'The Fugitive,' with David Janssen ('The Evil Men Do,' 1966), and stopped to watch. I was startled to hear Dominic Frontiere 'Outer Limits' music cues sprinkled throughout the episode, although Frontiere was nowhere credited with the music.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2024 10:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!