Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A Gentleman in Moscow (Paramount+)

Has anyone been watching this? This was such a natural book to dramatize, given the fun idea of the central character being imprisoned in the enormous luxury hotel with all kinds of secret rooms and passages in it.

I always enjoy seeing Ewan McGregor, who is no longer as beautiful as he was when he was younger but remains appealingly photogenic. It's got a great supporting cast, and most of them have not all appeared before either on The Crown or Game of Thrones (unlike so many fine British actors), so it's fun seeing good British performers who are most of them new to me (other than McGregor).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2024 12:52 PM

Is this another goddamn Poirot story? They all kinda run together after a while.

Who is Tina Fey playing this time?

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2024 4:19 AM

No, it is not a Poirot story, r1. Do try to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2024 4:26 AM

Eldergays, were there really dreadlock-sporting negroes running around 1920s Moscow?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2024 4:39 AM

We've gone through this before, it's how casting is done now. If you don't like it, you are free to move to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2024 4:54 AM

Well, it's fucking stupid, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2024 6:19 AM

Does he present holeski?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2024 6:27 AM

That's a complete idiot's argument, r4. I am embarrassed you should be so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2024 4:46 PM

The recent love-fest article in the New York Times was hilarious. It fails to mention how this wonderful marriage began, after Ewan abandoned his first wife.

by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2024 10:42 PM

Which wonderful marriage, r8?

by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2024 11:27 PM

He sucked on that season of Fargo where he met his second wife.

I did like the book, but I didn’t picture Ewan as the protagonist.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2024 2:57 AM

R8 "July 13, 2018: Clara McGregor calls Mary Elizabeth Winstead "a piece of trash" in an Instagram comment"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2024 12:39 PM

I enjoyed the book, but the show is just boring.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2024 12:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!