Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jerrod Carmichael Reality Show

Is anyone watching this on HBO? Jerrod is definitely not without his flaws. I do find it to be real, and honest. I'm curious what your thoughts are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2024 5:38 PM

All I know is, he was woeful in Poor Things, only bad performance in that movie. Distractingly bad. No idea what went wrong, maybe acting just isn't his thing.

by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2024 7:16 PM

There's only *one* Jerry Carmichael!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2024 7:20 PM

It seems to shape up to be too real for me. I don't think he looks good in that show. He seems to have a couple chips on his shoulder that makes him make some questionable choices.

by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2024 3:00 AM

As R1 observed, I can only hope it’s better than his performance in that film. He was abysmal. I need an edit where his entire character is fully eliminated from the movie.

by Anonymousreply 4April 17, 2024 3:03 AM

The show is cringe-inducing but I can’t look away. I guess I admire his willingness to be an asshole for the world to see.

I enjoyed his NBC sitcom and I thought the comedy special in which he came out was pretty stunning but, yes, he was painfully bad in Poor Things.

by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2024 3:08 AM

I found it to be way too contrived.

Sure, all "reality" shows are phony and setup but this one seems to be more so. Super melodramatic.

But I do like Jerrod Carmichael as a comedian.

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2024 6:50 AM

I only know of him through entertainment news and have never seen any of his work. Apparently his comedy is quite revealing about potentially embarrassing things from his personal life, which is leading some to speculate that he has a humiliation fetish. I think that's an interesting concept, like a foot fetishist becoming a podiatrist. If you have an obsession, you might as well get paid for it.

by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2024 5:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!