Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

April 10th was Omar Sharif"s birthday

He would've been 92 in 2024 but he died in 2015 at age 83 so that was a goal unable to be accomplished .

As all DLers know he co-starred in Funny Girl in 1968, They had a bit of an onset romance which caused quite a bit of gossip at the time as Omar is of Arab descent and Barbra is Jewish. At the same time Israel and Egypt were involved in the 6 day war.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 17, 2024 11:14 AM

[quote] He would've been 92 in 2024 but he died in 2015 at age 83 so that was a goal unable to be accomplished .

Oh I don’t know, I have faith in him.

by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2024 4:10 AM

He has a hot gay, grandson!

by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2024 4:14 AM

He was a dab hand at bridge, too.

He WAS Omar Sharif!

by Anonymousreply 3April 13, 2024 4:16 AM

Ah, the birthday of Egyptian actor Omar Sharif—known for his iconic roles in such films as “Lawrence of Arabia” (1962) and “Doctor Zhivago” (1965).

by Anonymousreply 4April 13, 2024 4:30 AM

But was he Omar Sharif, r4?

by Anonymousreply 5April 13, 2024 4:35 AM

Just what was his goal?

by Anonymousreply 6April 13, 2024 4:39 AM

Five-day romance >>>> Six-Day War!

by Anonymousreply 7April 13, 2024 4:44 AM

Fun fact: in high school, he endlessly tormented and bullied Edward Said, who later became a famous literature professor and music critic.

by Anonymousreply 8April 13, 2024 5:00 AM

Filming Lawrence of Arabia he was a lousy camel jockey, they had to tie him on the saddle.

Peter O'Toole later remembered that Omar Sharif was so afraid of falling off his camel during the charge at Aqaba that he tied himself onto his camel prior to the start of the scene. They managed to stay on the camels during the actual charge, but after David Lean yelled "cut!" and the camels started slowing down, O'Toole looked over and noticed that the ropes on Sharif's camel had slipped just enough to catch Sharif mid-fall off the saddle, so the camel slowed to a stop with Sharif dangling upside-down under its belly.

by Anonymousreply 9April 13, 2024 6:47 AM

My husband is a butch Elderbear. But he's also a Broadway showtune queen. Before I slipped several benzodiazepines into his digestif, we were having a major argument in which he brutally attacked me for not knowing the difference between "Funny Lady" and "Funny Girl". WTF? Who cares? She was on a Staten Island ferry singing something, and then handsome Omar Sherif shows up and does something. I was in the third grade, damnit. And now I'm senile. He might wake up in 10-17 hours. I need answers, or we'll be headed to Divorce Court. Please help, DL. I pray thee. Must pass this quiz.

by Anonymousreply 10April 13, 2024 7:55 AM

This is what the internet is good for, R10. Get to work ya lazy git.

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2024 9:07 AM

Top Secret!, 1984: his defining role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2024 12:03 AM

He tried to get me to go to bed with him but I said no, no, no.

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2024 12:16 AM

Jeez, I never really noticed how prominent Omar's butt chin is.

by Anonymousreply 14April 17, 2024 12:44 AM

Didn't he he get off on beating people later in life?

by Anonymousreply 15April 17, 2024 9:54 AM

So handsome in Dr. Zhivago

by Anonymousreply 16April 17, 2024 10:26 AM

watch his egyptian movies. so young and riveting

by Anonymousreply 17April 17, 2024 11:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!