Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Alphabet Soup Just Got Uglier

LGBTQQIP2SA: any combination of letters attempting to represent all the identities in the queer community, this near-exhaustive one (but not exhaustive) represents Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Pansexual, Two-Spirited, and Asexual.

**** They want to make us look absurd.

by Anonymousreply 23April 17, 2024 1:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2024 3:14 AM

This is sadly the result of letting too many women into leadership positions in gay rights organizations

Their only mission is to accommodate everyone..

by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2024 3:16 AM

“Becka, you can’t be in our group because you make the acronym too long!”

by Anonymousreply 3April 13, 2024 3:17 AM

The Two Spirit thing is ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 4April 13, 2024 3:18 AM

R2 just wants to complain about women

by Anonymousreply 5April 13, 2024 3:18 AM

R5 is that mentally ill troll who patrols the DL threads 24/7 attacking people who criticise the trans and trans adjacent. Must have no job or life. Make a single jab at the trans and he appears screaming.

by Anonymousreply 6April 13, 2024 3:21 AM

Prime Time, Muriel?

by Anonymousreply 7April 13, 2024 3:22 AM

I'm a paid subscriber, R7.

by Anonymousreply 8April 13, 2024 3:23 AM

“They want to make us look absurd”

The real world does not give a shit about this nonsense, They have real world issues to worry about, buying homes, rent, jobs, sports, a love life, college etc etc etc. The constant hand wringing over the alphabet is such a non issue that the rest of society does not think about even a little.

So if looking absurd is your concern rest assured no one knows no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 9April 13, 2024 3:28 AM

There's a really simple solution to the alphabet soup: don't use it. Just say LGBT, or "gay and lesbian" or some older and simpler form. I do it all the time. I also only fly the traditional rainbow flag -without the extra stripes or that triangle thing-y. There is no official rule, you know. The silliness only continues because we let it.

I am not trying to marginalize anyone, just trying to get back to something meaningful and understandable.

by Anonymousreply 10April 13, 2024 3:28 AM

Everything after the B is ludicrous, r4.

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2024 3:30 AM

Some of you are such fragile little snowflakes.

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2024 3:31 AM

I recently learned that many trans people identify as straight, and they don't even want to be lumped in with gays and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2024 3:34 AM

If you want to have an alphabet or flag based on the recent Gallup poll,of GenZ you would have a Big B for Bi since they have by far the most numbers, then you would have a Big T based on their numbers then you would have ++++ for the lesser numbers,

B and T and +++

It’s the future although BLT+++ does make more sense because everyone loves a BLT.

by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2024 3:40 AM

R7 you know Primetime has been on for like two years straight?

How stupid are you?

by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2024 3:43 AM

Why do people insist on starting duplicates threads and then completely ignoring it when the mistake is pointed out?

Diving discussion of a single topic into multiple threads benefits no one.

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2024 3:46 AM

[quote]I recently learned that many trans people identify as straight, and they don't even want to be lumped in with gays and lesbians.

We all know where you "learned" it, r13. Such a diligent little student.

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2024 3:47 AM

I always love diving discussions -so long as they include videos of the hot guys in speedos.

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2024 3:48 AM

R13

I realize it’s a shock but you heard wrong. When interviewed more trans will self identify as Bi. Unlike Straight which is not part of the GBLTQO+++ or flag.

So they not only smartly are changing genders they now have 2x as many people who won’t have sex with them,

A win win win except for that lack of sex part

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2024 3:58 AM

Simple, R17. I do volunteer work at my local Gay and Lesbian resource center. I spent last week doing data entry for hundreds of intake forms filled out by people who were requesting services of one kind or another. Most of the people indicated that they were trans. More F to M than M to F. While the majority preferred the label "queer" a very large number described themselves as hetero. Other takeaways? Lots of straight people looking for resources for their gay/trans children. Almost every CIS male who identified as gay was over the age of 50. The younger guys preferred queer.

I can't say that any of this is definitive, but I sure as hell am not pulling it out of my ass.

by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2024 4:00 AM

The history is interesting. In the 60s, the term was simply “Gay,” but in the 70s, during the feminist movement, it became Gay & Lesbian. Then, in 1988, LGBT was introduced. It makes total sense that the acronym usually starts with “L,” because they’re the ones who demanded the alphabet soup to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2024 4:01 AM

[bold] UK to ban transitioning to 25[/bold]----->>Thread Deleted. [bold] YOU [/bold] are not allowed to discuss THEMS. You aren't allowed to question. You know what that is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 16, 2024 9:05 PM

Damn, R22. That was a really interesting thread that I had bookmarked.

by Anonymousreply 23April 17, 2024 1:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!