Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gen Z’er rips apart ‘Sex and the City’

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 20, 2024 8:33 PM

People I don’t care about don’t like a show I don’t care about.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2024 11:13 PM

No shit Sherlock. !998-2004. Yes, it just might be over the hill, dude.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2024 11:13 PM

She says in one paragraph that she doesn't wish to (and can't) speak for her entire generation. But the lede/summary accuses her of doing exactly that.

She's upset that the characters aren't likable or relatable. So what? That's how good television works. We also don't relate to Jersey mobsters, meth cooks in New Mexico, or weirdos in wigs fighting over a throne. Fiction is fiction.

She's upset that they use blunt or outdated terms to discuss bisexuality. If she's offended by these girls, then she'll be struck dumb by what flyover Americans were saying about them in 1998 - or today.

She thinks Samantha has too few morals, and thinks Charlotte has too many, and ultimately likes neither of them.

A wiser person would simply change the channel on a show they didn't like. But if she did that, then she wouldn't be able to monetize her bitching and continue calling herself a "cultural voice."

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2024 11:17 PM

All of the Gen Z writer's criticisms are things that even Gen X - who were of age when the show premiered - have criticized the show for in retrospect. And Miranda didn't "give in" to societal pressure and Charlotte's distress in deciding to keep the baby.

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2024 11:33 PM

Curious what she thinks of The Golden Girls. Would she also say that Blanche has few morals and Dorothy has too many? And Rose was too dumb and Sophia was too mean?

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2024 11:35 PM

Last name Miller, how surprising 🙄

OP you have to understand something

Almost every article like this written at a center-left publication is written by a very specific type of person who got the job through nepotism

This type of person was brilliantly portrayed by Zosia Mamet in Girls

This type of person we will call “Shoshanna”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2024 11:36 PM

Gen Z rips apart everything from the past yet they always watch it. They bitch about Friends and Seinfeld yet keep both shows very relevant and popular. Same with Threes Company.

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2024 11:37 PM

[quote] Now I’ve seen the show, it’s clear that I’m not in any kind of Carrie Bradshaw era.

Surprise, I lived in “the Carrie Bradshaw era” in NYC during the actual Carrie Bradshaw era and the show bore no resemblance to real life at all. I mean, *absolutely nothing* about the show was realistic.

Seinfeld, OTOH, was practically a documentary on real life in Manhattan, except for Jerry’s complete lack of money worries.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2024 11:58 PM

R8 Seinfeld looked nothing like NY

by Anonymousreply 9April 13, 2024 12:05 AM

Gen Z thinks absolutely everything is problematic.

EVERYthing.

by Anonymousreply 10April 13, 2024 12:16 AM

Miller need not be a Jewish name at all, R6. In fact, it's the seventh most common surname in the United States, and the seventeenth most common in Britain. But don't let that bit of information stop you from seeing nepotism Jews everywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2024 12:17 AM

R3 said it best.

People today are sadly more selfish and self centered due to the misnamed social media. Everybody seems more willing to use other people and view them as fellow human beings.

People are not a means to an end.

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2024 12:26 AM

The show is still a guilty pleasure for me. Especially the first two seasons. It's a fairy tale and I'm a fairy. What's not to love?

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2024 12:31 AM

She should just go back to recording herself at the gym and getting upset when people cross her camera's line of sight.

Zoomers.

by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2024 12:43 AM

[quote] Seinfeld looked nothing like NY

Seinfeld absolutely looked like NYC and my apartment building was often on the show. Yes it was filmed in a studio, but locations shown were real - Champagne video, Hunan Balcony, Pasteur Pharmacy, Brentano’s were all real places that New Yorkers frequented and the studio’s version of Love Cosmetics looked exactly like a real Love Cosmetics. And the subway was as dirty and creepy as they showed back then. I’ll never forget the first time I went into a new, clean, air conditioned subway train. I was literally giddy because I’d never seen anything like it and felt like I was in a futuristic movie.

What killed me most was that Woody Allen was actually filming on my block when the episode aired where Kramer was in a Woody Allen movie filming on their block.

by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2024 12:58 AM

R15 it didn’t look like NY. And it wasn’t filmed in NY. Fuck off already.

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2024 1:15 AM

I turned on my tv the other night and I happened to catch a marathon of a tv show called I Love Lucy. Now, I can’t speak for my parent’s generation and what they were thinking, but this show is just not right. First of all, it was filmed in black and white, so it was hard to watch.

There is this housewife named Lucy. And she thinks up all of these weird schemes. For example, she decides to get a job. She’s put on an assembly line which she can’t handle and so starts stuffing chocolate in her mouth. Who does that? Why doesn’t she go have a conversation with Human Resources?

Lucy’s husband Desi is from Cuba. He works as a performer. She is constantly making fun of his English. He retaliates by turning her over on his knee and spanking her. He also forces her to call him “Sir!” What’s up with that?

These two are so self-centered that they have a baby and *twice* leave it to go party in Hollywood and Europe.

In addition, Lucy and Ricky are constantly smoking which is bad for the baby’s health. And there’s an episode where Lucy gets drunk while filming a commercial. People think that’s funny? Alcoholism is a serious problem.

There are two neighbors named Fred and Ethel, sad types really, who should have divorced long ago. It seems their only joy in life is insulting each other.

I could go on, but my generation is so appalled by the behavior these people display every week. I was told that not an hour goes by that this show is not playing somewhere in the world. I’m embarrassed that Europeans and other Citizens of the World think this is how Americans act. I was recently in Croatia, and even though I can’t speak the language, I felt everyone I met was cold and distant to me. I think it was disapproval that I’m from a country that exports a show like I Love Lucy.

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2024 1:24 AM

I honestly don't care what any 22 year old has to say about anything. Let alone THIS woman.

Her pic let's us know everything about her. Bookish, no style, below average looks who writes in order to feel part of a world she'll never be in.

If she's going to go out there and criticize things around her or things from the past before her time, then criticism of her is open and valid as well.

Sit your silly ass down little girl. You're in no position to judge beautiful professional female women in their 30's. You barely have a degree, job and by the looks of you, probably haven't even taken more than 1 or 2 dicks yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2024 1:59 AM

[quote]beautiful professional female women in their 30's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2024 2:26 AM

Seinfeld got many things right about NYC even if not filmed there. Sex and the City was a complete fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2024 9:41 AM

Why are they having sex👿

by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2024 9:52 AM

[quote]Curious what she thinks of The Golden Girls. Would she also say that Blanche has few morals and Dorothy has too many? And Rose was too dumb and Sophia was too mean?

These 'woke' fourth-wave feminists want all their female characters to be perfect Mary Sues and superwomen.

That's why writing for women is so bad now. There's no nuance.

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2024 9:57 AM

[quote][R8] Seinfeld looked nothing like NY

[quote][R15] it didn’t look like NY. And it wasn’t filmed in NY. Fuck off already.

For what it's worth, my stepfather was a Jewish New Yorker and Seinfeld fan, and he commended the show for its 'realism'

Frankly, I think that poster is insisting it was nothing like NY, because it goes against the multicultural NY the 'wokes' are trying so desperately to portray in the media these days, which has never existed and was not portrayed on the show.

Even LIVING SINGLE took place in New York, but it was a mainly black cast despite some of the characters having white collar jobs like publisher and attorney.

by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2024 10:05 AM

As a features intern at the New York Post, this Gen Z’er covered larger features stories such as viral croissants on TikTok.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2024 10:16 AM

[quote]My problem comes when Charlotte, who has been told she has a small chance of conceiving naturally, leverages that information and guilts Miranda.

[quote]By the time Miranda’s appointment for the procedure rolls around, she makes the decision to keep the baby. Although the episode initially approached the topic directly and transparently, Miranda’s decision to not get an abortion seemed to be born of societal pressure, amid an ongoing theme of her feeling as if she wasn’t the ideal woman.

[quote]Abortion should be an option for all women. I would’ve had so much respect for the episode had Miranda stayed true and solidified in the choice she made at the beginning.

Since Samantha and Carrie had already had abortions, the show was hardly taking an anti-abortion stance by writing Miranda having second thoughts. She knew it was unlikely for her to have gotten pregnant in the first place due to a medical issue, she was in her mid-30's and knew she wanted a baby eventually. At the clinic she suddenly wondered what she was waiting for and tearfully asked herself, "Is this my baby?" That doesn't seem unrealistic and it had nothing to do with her feeling inadequate as a woman. Anyway, I think the episode was well-written and not at all threatening to societal views on abortion. This writer is reaching on this one, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2024 10:17 AM

I really hate these"Young people react to..." showcases. I get no entertainment from young people reacting to modern shows that are in fucking syndication everywhere. If you want an interesting reaction, show them Norman Lear shit like "All in the Family" and "Maude."

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2024 10:35 AM

Also, her complaint that Charlotte guilted Miranda leaves out the fact that Charlotte was very sad after finding out she couldn't have kids and Miranda's news was hard for her to hear. She came around shortly after that and was happy for Miranda. Again, a pretty well-written episode. Unless you're using the standards of a perfect generation that handles every situation selflessly and perfectly (and humorlessly), and wants characters in fictional writing to adhere to those standards.

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2024 10:36 AM

That article reads like a high school essay. Really poorly phrased. the prim hectoring over bisexuality was about as interesting as it gets.

by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2024 10:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2024 10:50 AM

R6

Miller? I grew up with several Millers and none were Jewish. I mean - that’s your point, right?

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2024 10:56 AM

I read the article after seeing it widely ridiculed on Twitter. It was as bad as expected. And then I googled the journalist to see what she looked like yes, the kind of girl who makes her bed every morning with her teddies and My Little Pony on the pillows.

What she (and a lot of Dataloungers tbf) don't realise is that yes Carrie makes bad decisions because everyone makes bad decisions. And her friends stick by her because that's what friends do when they make bad decisions.

Also this is in response to the 6 seasons making their debut on Netflix. Does anyone think this dweeb watched all 6 seasons before writing this shite?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 13, 2024 11:10 AM

This young woman writes so poorly she would make a wonderful head writer for AND JUST LIKE THAT!

by Anonymousreply 32April 13, 2024 11:27 AM

Learning to see influential, "cultural touchstone" TV series (whether you like[d] them or not) in a whole new light, described through the eyes of someone from a new generation, could be enlightening, and I like the idea, but this young writer lacks the insight to make her piece interesting. There *are* some young cultural commentators out there with more original minds (even Tavi Gevinson, who's always had a maturity beyond her years, although I don't particularly care for her).

by Anonymousreply 33April 13, 2024 11:30 AM

Gen Z and DL posters have something in common - focus on the negative ( Who we don't like, Why did you hate this film? Why I hate Chalamet, etc). The only difference is that DL posters are not easily offended.

by Anonymousreply 34April 13, 2024 1:22 PM

You know, you can actually dislike characters on a show and still watch and like a show. I still enjoy late night reruns of SATC. Yes, Charlotte is a screeching prude and Carrie is a self-centered, narcissistic child but I still watched it and enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 35April 13, 2024 1:30 PM

"being Woke" has a bit of nonreligious fundamentalism in it. At least in its attitude

by Anonymousreply 36April 13, 2024 1:46 PM

R23 please explain what was so “real” about Seinfeld… it was a show about nothing. 4 people just living their lives. Kramer didn’t even have a job.

NYC was the setting but never a character on the show. So what was “realistic” about it?

by Anonymousreply 37April 13, 2024 3:01 PM

I guess you never lived In NYC. One of the first episodes had a creepy comic friend of Seinfeld ask him to store his winter coat for him. The comic didn’t have room in his closet. I wondered if anyone outside NY understood how real that was! The show had the perfect Brooklyn/Queens Jewish sensibility. That was NYC then. Not really now.

by Anonymousreply 38April 13, 2024 3:12 PM

R37 You just answered your own question.

In almost every episode, I can find something that I've done. I don't think that can be said for any other sitcom. I've fallen asleep under my desk, there's ALWAYS cake in my office when I'm trying to stay away from sweets, I've been in the bathroom of a restaurant when a kitchen staff member used it and did not wash their hands. I've also waited two hours for a table at a Chinese restaurant with a wacky owner being wacky. Got lost in a multi-level parking garage after shopping at the mall and had a confirmed rent-a-car get sold out.

Shit, we've ALL had similar or the same experiences as characters from this show. There's never been a sitcom as realistic as Seinfeld. PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 39April 13, 2024 3:19 PM

A topical show from a quarter century ago is now dated? STOP THE PRESSES!!

by Anonymousreply 40April 13, 2024 3:45 PM

R39 so you find the characters relatable… that has literally nothing to do with NYC. The show can be set in Philly and you would be able to relate to them if that is the case. I didn’t ask about the characters though, retard.

So now answer the question asked, what was accurate about their depiction of NYC. NOT the characters, who 2 of the 3 were transplants.

Born and raised here. Unlike you.

by Anonymousreply 41April 13, 2024 3:57 PM

R39 PS I would stop WW your own posts. Muriel already received an email about what you did yesterday. Would hate to send another.

by Anonymousreply 42April 13, 2024 3:58 PM

[quote]There's never been a sitcom as realistic as Seinfeld.

You’ve obviously never seen That Girl.

by Anonymousreply 43April 13, 2024 4:13 PM

I hate that genre too, r26. There's always an implication that we should be flattered when a young person like something old. "Wow this 14 year old approves of The Cure? Thank you so much, hip young person!"

by Anonymousreply 44April 13, 2024 4:14 PM

R42 You CLEARLY need to refill your prescriptions.

by Anonymousreply 45April 13, 2024 5:54 PM

Like the characters on the show have flaws and say mean words, I literally hate them.

by Anonymousreply 46April 13, 2024 6:04 PM

Like I said earlier, the writer doesn't lay out many criticisms that even most older FANS of the show haven't voiced over the years (though the Miranda "guilt/pressure baby" criticism is a new one). For me, it's just the tone. The "we need to have a talk about SATC ...." And the condescending "I’m also part of a generation where it isn’t uncommon to have one of your close friends identify as a different sexual orientation." Yeah, it wasn't uncommon for the demographic who initially watched the show either - hence some older fans having some of the same reactions to the way gay people were portrayed and, more so, the main character's comments and reactions to gay people- although in the broader sense I think we all knew there was no intended malice. And people really did say "tranny." The Samantha and the "trannies" episode wasn't really anti-trans.

by Anonymousreply 47April 13, 2024 6:06 PM

The 'up my ass players' episode did not portray the trans sex workers as victims. Samantha respected what they did to make a living but they were still noisy bitches who interfered with her orgasm. In the end, one of them got the upperhand over Samantha who decided to make peace. It's a funny episode that would never be made today.

by Anonymousreply 48April 13, 2024 7:10 PM

[Quote] Surprise, I lived in “the Carrie Bradshaw era” in NYC during the actual Carrie Bradshaw era and the show bore no resemblance to real life at all. I mean, *absolutely nothing* about the show was realistic.

[Quote] Seinfeld looked nothing like NY

nor did Friends

by Anonymousreply 49April 13, 2024 7:15 PM

S&tC had its...issues. but who tf cares what Gen Z thinks? Like do things need to have Gen Z approval now? Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 50April 13, 2024 7:21 PM

The one and really only thing that bothered me about the show (which I consider light entertainment no more or less) was the depiction if gay guys (I say it as a woman). All very shrill, catty, flaming, and there to be an accesory to the girls. It was outdated even then.

by Anonymousreply 51April 13, 2024 7:35 PM

R51 very true but every once in a while they got it right with Stanford especially whenever he got rejected. I felt his pain in an early episode where he placed a Personals ad in the Village Voice (!) and met his date on the street and was immediately rejected. And the guy wasn't even hot.

by Anonymousreply 52April 13, 2024 7:39 PM

[quote]Born and raised here. Unlike you.

A chola from the outer boroughs is a world away from an affluent white Manhattanite.

by Anonymousreply 53April 13, 2024 7:58 PM

[quote]And people really did say "tranny." The Samantha and the "trannies" episode wasn't really anti-trans.

Everybody called them tranny hookers back then. Everybody.

by Anonymousreply 54April 13, 2024 7:59 PM

"Samantha is obnoxious and comes across as having few morals."

Samantha was probably the most moral and compassionate character of the four. She was Jesus with a great sex life.

by Anonymousreply 55April 13, 2024 8:02 PM

Tranny was still going strong in 2014

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 13, 2024 8:02 PM

Including the tranny hookers themselves!

by Anonymousreply 57April 13, 2024 9:53 PM

It was a show about entitled white cunts who like to shop, drink, fuck and party. Of course gay men loved it.

It was nothing more and nothing less than entertainment.

This generation is so humorless and strident.

by Anonymousreply 58April 13, 2024 9:59 PM

[quote]Samantha is obnoxious and comes across as having few morals

Clearly a show called "SEX and the City" is too much for this zoomer. Maybe she could find some "700 Club" reruns.

by Anonymousreply 59April 13, 2024 11:32 PM

Why do people insist on posting links to sites where a login- even a free one - is required? Paste the text or provide an archive link. I already have enough sites and apps where a login is needed.

by Anonymousreply 60April 14, 2024 4:24 AM

Great for journalist that she isn't a Kardashian clone, but in the photo at r31, it's like she's trying to look bad.

With features like that, at least go for a flattering hairstyle and/or glasses.

by Anonymousreply 61April 14, 2024 4:35 AM

Pollyanna looks like she's styled her look on Anne Hathaway at the beginning of Devil Wears Prada.

by Anonymousreply 62April 14, 2024 8:01 AM

Uptight little freak.

by Anonymousreply 63April 14, 2024 8:14 AM

I don’t give a shit what Gen Z thinks about ANYTHING. They desperately need to sort themselves out and quit getting their knickers in a twist over TV shows from decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 64April 14, 2024 8:51 AM

Go and watch Euphoria on repeat if you want a show that talks to Gen Z. As a Gen X, I found it fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 65April 14, 2024 11:18 AM

LMAO.

Gen Z-on-Gen-X violence!

by Anonymousreply 66April 14, 2024 11:34 AM

I didn't like SATC - it just never resonated with me. I have friends my age (mostly women, a few gay men) who were willing to kill and die for it. It was clear even back then that the show bore no resemblance to real life, but that's true for so many series. White Collar, Suits, Blacklist,... The list is endless. Contrived settings and plots can still make good TV enjoyable to some.

by Anonymousreply 67April 14, 2024 11:37 AM

Gen Z is so fucking lame! So are the youngest millennials.

Little boring brats. I guess they call themselves Zillennials?

by Anonymousreply 68April 14, 2024 11:40 AM

Tell 'em, girsl! You do NOT take a shit on one of DL's sacred cows and get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 69April 14, 2024 11:46 AM

Crazy to think that many DLers were even older than the SATC actresses when the show began.

by Anonymousreply 70April 14, 2024 11:50 AM

One of the best teachers I ever had taught me a lesson that made life so much easier. We were reading something hundreds of years old. The King in the story has a speech about being a vessel of God’s will. His subjects believed it and him. I said I thought it was ridiculous that they thought that way. My teacher said, “yeah. I agree, but it doesn’t matter. That was the dominant thinking back then. Someday people are going to think aspects of our era are ridiculous. It’s inevitable. Opinions evolve.” The end. Don’t give this one article and one voice so much power.

by Anonymousreply 71April 14, 2024 11:53 AM

R67 I'm meh on the show but not all shows have to be relatable or realistic. If anything, the appeal always seemed more escapist to me, and there's nothing particularly wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 72April 14, 2024 1:19 PM

R66 those girls just got their foot in the door of Gen X, their characters and actors are all from 1965, the year Gen X began. And KC is outright boomer.

by Anonymousreply 73April 14, 2024 1:23 PM

It was frequently a badly written show that lost direction but it was never a real drama, purporting to tell stories of real life. It was always a comedy that wandered (usually stumbling) into the dramatic moments. I blame the writing of the Aiden character. That character dragged the whole show into drama.

by Anonymousreply 74April 14, 2024 1:29 PM

Like most fiftysomethings give a fuck about what some 22 year old theyby has to say.

by Anonymousreply 75April 14, 2024 1:32 PM

So who is the troll who has been threatening posters with Muriel? It seems mentally ill. I see it's infiltrated this thread.

by Anonymousreply 76April 14, 2024 1:40 PM

r74 Aiden? What about Sourpuss McGee aka Miranda?

by Anonymousreply 77April 15, 2024 4:57 AM

I wanted to like Carrie, but couldn't. The narrating killed her for me.

Samantha was the funniest.

Mr Big was hot.

Most of the outfits were good.

by Anonymousreply 78April 15, 2024 10:08 AM

Samantha was the only one qualified to write a sex column. Miranda had the potential.

Charlotte and Carrie were prudes.

by Anonymousreply 79April 15, 2024 11:19 AM

I may change my authenticated name to Brittany Miller. I like her lack of style.

by Anonymousreply 80April 15, 2024 8:39 PM

I prefer the style of a Brittany miller.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 15, 2024 9:34 PM

I think what she’s missing is that SATC was fiction. A soap opera. Not a documentary. Even I watched the show 20 years ago and rolled my eyes at the things she now criticizes. Gen Z is far too literal.

by Anonymousreply 82April 15, 2024 10:54 PM

Gen zers need to experience life a little more before they start pontificating .

by Anonymousreply 83April 16, 2024 12:14 AM

Even at the time of its original airing, Sex and the City wasn't taken seriously. Everybody with half a brain knew it was a total fantasy about life in NYC, much in the same way Friends was. It was a fun, entertaining show and not a blueprint of how people should actually live.

Gen Z really doesn't have any sense of this, as noted by posters above.

by Anonymousreply 84April 16, 2024 12:19 AM

"Charlotte and Carrie were prudes."

Charlotte was a surface prude and somewhat prudish with random hookups. But she was surprisingly down for anything if she was in a relationship with the guy or thought that a guy had potential for a good relationship. Her biggest "prude" characteristic IMO was some of her reactions to what the others were doing in early episodes. I'm not sure "prude" is the right word. What ever hangups all of them might have, they all consistently had sex.

by Anonymousreply 85April 16, 2024 3:28 AM

What I found interesting about Sex & the City was that the women seemed to treat their women friends better than their male relationships. They seemed more emotionally dependent on the women in the group rather than their specific husbands/boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 86April 16, 2024 1:06 PM

This morning E! repeated the episode where Carrie dates a bisexual. Her attitude about his sexuality and his 'sexually confused' friends was mind boggling considering she's a sex columnist. Then GASP she kisses a girl during a game of spin the bottle. After that she goes out for cigarettes and never comes back. Weird because she almost seemed repulsed by them.

by Anonymousreply 87April 16, 2024 1:53 PM

Maybe what passes for prudery among the SITC girls is just them being selective.

The girls can say no as well as yes.

Of course can they can take no for an answer as well as yes?

by Anonymousreply 88April 16, 2024 1:58 PM

What's Cynthia Nixon doing with her arms in that publicity photo?

by Anonymousreply 89April 16, 2024 2:21 PM

^^ letting Rojo Caliente's pussy juice dry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 16, 2024 4:34 PM

I love how it being added to Netflix has gotten Gen Z to watch and now we are getting think pieces on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 20, 2024 12:35 PM

R53 you aren’t from here. You’re a wannabe. Accept it and move on. Look at your birth certificate. Look at what high school you went to. They will remind you of where you’re from QUICKLY.

by Anonymousreply 92April 20, 2024 12:38 PM

r91 So tired of Zoomers already, I wanna know what Alphas think of the show instead.

by Anonymousreply 93April 20, 2024 12:43 PM

R87 it was very accurate of the time. Most people viewed bisexuality as confusion. And some still do.

by Anonymousreply 94April 20, 2024 12:43 PM

R94. It absolutely was accurate of that era but my point is, as a sex columnist, Carrie should have been intrigued not repulsed. Instead of taking the time to know them she ran away.

by Anonymousreply 95April 20, 2024 12:54 PM

But she wasn't just a sex columnist. She was more of a diarist, tracking the lives of young women in Manhattan, including sex lives, because that sells.

by Anonymousreply 96April 20, 2024 12:56 PM

R95 what do you think a sex columnist is? They aren’t a sex worker. They are discussing and debating all things sex. They aren’t there to agree with everything and think all things sexual are good. They are there to cause discussions. She did that.

by Anonymousreply 97April 20, 2024 12:57 PM

Does anyone ever comment on the book?

by Anonymousreply 98April 20, 2024 1:00 PM

She can be open as a sex columnist all she wants, but she's also a straight white coastal American woman writing in a certain era, and as such has her blind spots. Just look at all the foreskin jokes in American TV shows and movies, even though the US is very much in the minority in their attitude towards this issue in the western world.

by Anonymousreply 99April 20, 2024 1:00 PM

I only ever saw the odd episode here and there. It always seemed massively overrated to me. A load of dislikable characters leading unrealistic lives while trying to be funny. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 100April 20, 2024 2:06 PM

[quote]you aren’t from here. You’re a wannabe. Accept it and move on. Look at your birth certificate. Look at what high school you went to. They will remind you of where you’re from QUICKLY.

Living in Manhattan in an apartment you could only dream of, chulo.

by Anonymousreply 101April 20, 2024 5:39 PM

[quote]. Just look at all the foreskin jokes in American TV shows and movies, even though the US is very much in the minority in their attitude towards this issue in the western world.

Ah, the anti-circ troll. What a strange hill to die on.

by Anonymousreply 102April 20, 2024 5:39 PM

R101 only that isn’t true. How embarrassing that you continue to lie.

by Anonymousreply 103April 20, 2024 7:35 PM

Truth hurts r103. I'm looking down on 7th Ave. right now.

by Anonymousreply 104April 20, 2024 7:56 PM

R104 lmao the delusion is real with you. No education, no job, lying 24/7 on the internet while stalking people, your family is on EBT (fact checked). Yeah….

by Anonymousreply 105April 20, 2024 8:00 PM

Have a nice day Seacow r105.

by Anonymousreply 106April 20, 2024 8:02 PM

R106 have a great day living off your family (not in NY) with no education, no job, living off EBT and stalking strangers online. Only this time we are recording your every post and movement online, including those weird sites you post on.

by Anonymousreply 107April 20, 2024 8:13 PM

^^fucking nutcase

by Anonymousreply 108April 20, 2024 8:14 PM

R108 not the one who lied about serious shit. Keep thinking you’re getting away with that. Shits gonna get REAL, and unlike you, I have an education and can afford a lawyer (already have one collecting the info). You? 🤭 EBT doesn’t pay for lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 109April 20, 2024 8:17 PM

^^insane

by Anonymousreply 110April 20, 2024 8:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!