Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Talk cancelled at CBS

“The Talk” is going silent. CBS has canceled the long-running daytime chat show after 15 seasons, and the final episode will air in December.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 26, 2024 12:28 AM

I’m okay with that.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2024 6:14 PM

May that fat wildebeest never work again.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2024 6:15 PM

Good. I hate Joy Behar.

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2024 6:18 PM

Bwahahaha

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2024 6:18 PM

The what now? Never heard of it. Though Jerry is still very cute in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2024 6:22 PM

R3 that’s The View.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2024 6:22 PM

This leaves room for the new black soap opera, "The Gates" that CBS is developing for its daytime schedule.

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2024 6:23 PM

It just got too cerebral for the target audience: welfare queens and stay-at-home mommies.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2024 6:24 PM

R7 Are enough black people sitting around at home watching daytime TV to support a new soap opera?

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2024 6:25 PM

R9 - Racist bot

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2024 6:26 PM

It is unwatchable. Jerry has to be the most annoying talk show host in the history of television. And Sheryl is dumb as shit.

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2024 6:28 PM

The show was doomed from the moment Sharon Osborne was fired

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2024 6:28 PM

The Talk replaced a soap opera, and fourteen years later, it's being replaced by a soap opera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2024 6:50 PM

As Caitlyn Jenner said yesterday, "Good riddance".

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2024 6:57 PM

It’s nice to see karma taking care of Sheryl Underwood after she stabbed her friend Sharon in the back.

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2024 7:09 PM

The Squawk Is Dead to Me.

FINALLY!

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2024 7:12 PM

Stupid show except for Natalie Morales.

by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2024 7:14 PM

Good riddance to professional widow Amanda Kloots.

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2024 7:21 PM

I never liked this show atall.

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2024 7:33 PM

R3=Rose Nylund

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2024 7:41 PM

I don't know who he is, but the black man is really good looking.

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2024 8:24 PM

Thank you, GOD. The show was a dumpster fire from the start. It was nothing but a blatant ripoff of The View only centered around motherhood (the first few seasons) and pop culture.

It was only created as a gift for bland and spoiled Julie Chen from her sex pest husband Les Moonves after she whined about wanting her own talk show. She didn't get to enjoy it long enough after her husband's actions came to light and she was ousted.

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2024 8:32 PM

[quote] It’s nice to see karma taking care of Sheryl Underwood after she stabbed her friend Sharon in the back.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of Sharon, but I didn't like how Sherly Underwood stabbed her in the back and painted her as a "racist." That was dirty, especially when Sharon was one of the OG hosts who wanted Sheryl on the show.

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2024 8:36 PM

I guest those of you who were so quick to accuse Sheryl Underwood of angelic Sharon Osbourne's firing that you conveniently forgot this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2024 8:46 PM

[quote] Leah Remini Says Sharon Osbourne Used Offensive Language on 'Talk' Set

That's the price you pay for hiring a lower class Brit

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2024 1:52 AM

We already knew that Sharon was salty and foreign to our ways without needing to wait for Leah to point that out.

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2024 1:57 AM

Oim sooo glaad. They was sufferin without me.

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2024 2:34 AM

r22, I'm pretty sure that Sara Gilbert had this totally original idea of five women sitting around a table chitchatting about periods and hot flashes. Julie was placed there by Les as part of the greenlighting.

Jerry O'Connell has needed Ritalin for years. He should have stayed the fat kid he was in Stand By Me.

by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2024 2:54 AM

Jerry O'Connell is one of those hacks like Mario Lopez or Donny Osmond who never really cared about working his craft or his art... he just wanted to remain being famous.

by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2024 2:57 AM

I wonder what other shows Sarah Gilbert will dream up next while soaking in her bathtub.

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2024 3:49 AM

What the fuck is that pic at OP?

Wasn’t this a rival to The View? Looks like an HGTV show.

by Anonymousreply 31April 13, 2024 4:43 AM

It’s because of the pretentious way they pronounced the show’s name. They hard pronounced the L, so it was like “The Tall-k.” I hated that and would not watch.

by Anonymousreply 32April 13, 2024 4:49 AM

In OP’s pic, O’Connell looks like he’s watching squirrels fucking.

by Anonymousreply 33April 13, 2024 4:51 AM

They put two MEN on women's chat show. That's incredibly stupid. It changes the whole atmosphere - particularly when it's a man doing the moderating.

Their viewership are WOMEN.

And has Jerry O'Connell been successful in ANY SHOW? I'm soooo tired of seeing him mug on the camera. He's a C-list actor that gets thrown in our faces way too much.

by Anonymousreply 34April 13, 2024 5:00 AM

Hahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 35April 13, 2024 5:05 AM

Oh this is not the same as The Real which was apparently cancelled too

by Anonymousreply 36April 13, 2024 5:07 AM

Will Jerry be doing the narration on the Young Sheldon spin-off?

by Anonymousreply 37April 13, 2024 5:14 AM

[quote] They put two MEN on women's chat show. That's incredibly stupid. It changes the whole atmosphere

Jerry O'Connell has higher estrogen levels than an Eleanor Roosevelt

by Anonymousreply 38April 13, 2024 7:18 AM

First, the “woke” and their ilk came for celebs. Then comedy. Now it’s talk shows. Then the Trumpsters cried about being censored.

The bickering between libs and Magats is destroying any sort of civil conversation.

by Anonymousreply 39April 13, 2024 8:42 AM

[quote]Jerry O'Connell has higher estrogen levels than an Eleanor Roosevelt

Who doesn't have higher estrogen levels than Eleonor Roosevelt?

by Anonymousreply 40April 13, 2024 9:49 AM

So far, just about every talk show which copied 'The View' in the past 25+ years have failed. 'The Talk', 'The Real', 'The Other Half' (the all-male show with five male hosts), etc. Yet after 27 seasons, 'The View' remains the #1 daytime talk show on television. They're doing something right.

by Anonymousreply 41April 13, 2024 2:40 PM

I wouldn’t call The Talk a failure after having lasted 15 seasons. But I did always think it was ridiculous that Sara Gilbert was credited with coming up with the idea for the slow when it’s literally a copy of The View.

I’ve never really watched, but was aware of the Sharon/Sheryl drama. I’m sure Sharon is a garbage person, but the way Sheryl let her twist in the wind seemed pretty gross given that they were supposedly friends.

by Anonymousreply 42April 13, 2024 3:26 PM

What was Sheryl supposed to do? Sharon got herself into that mess. It wasn't up to Sheryl to save her. Sharon should have kept her mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 43April 13, 2024 3:31 PM

[quote]I wouldn’t call The Talk a failure after having lasted 15 seasons.

It spent most of those fifteen years at the very bottom of the daytime ratings. Every spring, there were rumors that the show was being canceled that summer - but CBS brought it back because they had nothing to replace it that would cost so little to produce as this show. Now they have something in the works to replace it, and were quick to pull the plug on this shitfest.

by Anonymousreply 44April 13, 2024 3:43 PM

If The Gates is replacing The Talk, that is not cheap. I wonder what the production model will look like. Will it be five days a week, 52 weeks a year? Will they film in LA or Atlanta or Canada? Strictly sound stage or sound stages and location shooting? Everyone is calling it a "black" soap, but will it be an only black cast? Will CBS put it immediately following Y&R for the lead in? YR, The Gates, then BB?

by Anonymousreply 45April 13, 2024 3:56 PM

Jerry O’Connor is hard on the eyes. And ears. The love child of Howdy and Judy Doody.

by Anonymousreply 46April 13, 2024 4:02 PM

[quote]Jerry O’Connor is hard on the eyes.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 47April 13, 2024 4:07 PM

Why’d they bring men into the picture?

by Anonymousreply 48April 13, 2024 4:20 PM

They were trying to expand their viewership (as 'The View' has done over the past seasons) and attract more men into their audience / viewership. So they brought two men on board hoping that would do the trick - it didn't.

by Anonymousreply 49April 13, 2024 4:25 PM

[quote] So they brought two men on board hoping that would do the trick - it didn't.

Yes, but they used two CIS straight men. That’s not as entertaining as the alternatives.

by Anonymousreply 50April 13, 2024 4:31 PM

That's why it didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 51April 13, 2024 4:42 PM

Dylan Mulvaney would have added more spice.

by Anonymousreply 52April 13, 2024 4:46 PM

Ha, ha. Well played, r47. I got his name right the first time but decided to rewrite the post while watching Singin’ in the Rain. ☂️😎

by Anonymousreply 53April 13, 2024 7:02 PM

[quote] Will CBS put it immediately following Y&R for the lead in? YR, The Gates, then BB?

While the network owns so many daytime hours, I think affiliates have some leeway on how they run the shows, since the order and time they air isn't the same in each locale. Compare the CBS broadcast schedules for NYC, Albuquerque, and Honolulu. (This is especially true for shitfest Let's Make A Deal.)

by Anonymousreply 54April 13, 2024 8:23 PM

R52 They should've added her a few years ago. Then it would've been cancelled much sooner.

by Anonymousreply 55April 13, 2024 9:24 PM

[quote]Oh this is not the same as The Real which was apparently cancelled too

Wait, there was a third version of these freak-fests?

by Anonymousreply 56April 13, 2024 9:42 PM

The View probably would have been cancelled if they hadn't done that split screen between Rosie and Elizabeth and let them duke it out over politics. The show sort of found it's way then, before it was kind of a joke. The Talk was just a cheap alternative to soaps and a way to give Julie her own show. The Real was just an urban version.

by Anonymousreply 57April 13, 2024 9:47 PM

[quote]They put two MEN on women's chat show. That's incredibly stupid. It changes the whole atmosphere

Preach.

by Anonymousreply 58April 13, 2024 9:54 PM

'The View' was almost canceled in Meredith's last season (2005-06). Audiences were tired of her and the rest of the panel, and were completely turned off by Star Jones and her wedding (and her faux dieting, which she really had stomach surgery). Walters made a smart move when she hired Rosie for the ninth season (2006-07) and fired Jones.

Ratings skyrocketed with Rosie, as she brought in serious topics for discussion - politics especially. That's when they started attracting a huge male audience to their viewership and in the studio. When Whoopi took over the following season (with Sherri added) ratings held - but then dropped slightly. They hit bottom in 2013-14 after adding Jenny McCarthy, but quickly bounced back when Rosie re-joined the following season, and Jenny and Sherrie were fired. For the most of the past ten seasons, it settled into its own once again - had a ratings surge the four seasons McCain was on, and has been the most-watched daytime talk show since then.

by Anonymousreply 59April 13, 2024 10:04 PM

WHAT TOOK SO LONG?!?

by Anonymousreply 60April 13, 2024 11:46 PM

Good Riddance. Not many celebrities irritate me as much as Jerry O’Connell.

by Anonymousreply 61April 13, 2024 11:52 PM

I think it was Enty who once had a blind item about O'Connell saying, he was hoping to turn this gig on "The Talk" into his own daytime talker where he and his wife (Romijn) would be the married hosts mimicking the Kelly & Mark crapfest.

by Anonymousreply 62April 14, 2024 12:31 AM

[quote]The Talk was just a cheap alternative to soaps and a way to give Julie her own show.

Agree. It was a cheap program to fill time and promote their other shows, just like The View. They had no choice but to totally change the cast to save face after Sharon. I'm sure they wanted to pull the plug then, but waited some years for most people to forget it happened.

by Anonymousreply 63April 14, 2024 12:56 AM

Good, maybe it’s the start of a trend and “The View” will follow suit soon, too.

by Anonymousreply 64April 14, 2024 1:17 AM

[quote] The Talk replaced a soap opera, and fourteen years later, it's being replaced by a soap opera.

No, it’s not.

by Anonymousreply 65April 14, 2024 2:11 AM

“The View” is a ratings juggernaut in the U.S. and the UK.

by Anonymousreply 66April 14, 2024 2:11 AM

“The Gates” isn’t even going to be made.

by Anonymousreply 67April 14, 2024 2:12 AM

R65, do tell; everyone is predicting the Gates will replace The Talk; are you saying that won't happen OR are you saying that the Gates won't be a soap opera?

by Anonymousreply 68April 14, 2024 2:13 AM

The Gates is in development and Val Jean has signed a deal, but CBS hasn't officially picked it up. For all we know, CBS could do daytime news show like NBC did with Days or something else. Or The Gates might be being developed for Paramount +. Still a lot of unknowns.

by Anonymousreply 69April 14, 2024 2:17 AM

Thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 70April 14, 2024 2:34 AM

R69 Of course, they can always change direction mid-way, but in the original press, CBS President Sheila Ducksworth specifically said that The Gates was being developed for broadcast television:

[quote] "This series will salute an audience that has been traditionally underserved, with the potential to be a groundbreaking moment for broadcast television. ... I’m excited to develop this project with CBS and P&G, two of the longest and most passionate champions of broadcast and daytime television, and the NAACP, whose enduring commitment to Black voices and artists is both powerful and inspiring."

by Anonymousreply 71April 14, 2024 2:57 AM

[quote] "This series will salute an audience that has been traditionally underserved, with the potential to be a groundbreaking moment for broadcast television.

I'd never miss an episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 14, 2024 3:39 AM

What are Joy and Barbara going to do every morning now?

by Anonymousreply 73April 14, 2024 4:23 AM

by Anonymousreply 74April 14, 2024 2:17 PM

[quote]Good, maybe it’s the start of a trend and “The View” will follow suit soon, too.

"The View" isn't going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 75April 14, 2024 2:41 PM

The Talk played it safe and paid the price.

by Anonymousreply 76April 14, 2024 9:13 PM

99% of shows in development don’t happen. “The Gates” is definitely not going to be made.

by Anonymousreply 77April 14, 2024 9:35 PM

Supposedly, Jerry O'Connell is worth $20 million and has worked steadily throughout the years. So he's doing okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 14, 2024 11:49 PM

On his new podcast, Steve Kmetko interviews Jerry O'Connell...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 15, 2024 2:06 AM

To r24's point, Holly Robinson Peete also mentioned Sharon being racist multiple times. CBS did an investigation, and they found YEARS worth of stuff of Sharon being racist. Sharon did herself in by being a trashy racist cunt, and she got exposed in the way she deserved.

And leave Sheryl alone. She spoke her truth and moved on. Plus, you cannot image the trauma from having to work with both Sharon and Julie Chen/Mistress Moonves.

by Anonymousreply 80April 15, 2024 3:16 AM

The likelihood that the Gates will happen is maybe 50/50.

But they really need to either find a way to make it cheap like DAYS, or make it a half hour show.

by Anonymousreply 81April 15, 2024 4:13 AM

Maybe Miss Underwood will get her own one-hour talk show in this timespot, because who wouldn't want to see her host a show all by herself ?

by Anonymousreply 82April 15, 2024 4:15 AM

If they make the Gates cheap, then they could get a green light but then, no one will watch a cheap show.

If they make it too expensive (big names; big sets) then it won't be green lit b/c it's too expensive.

by Anonymousreply 83April 15, 2024 5:48 AM

The Gates, if if happens, puts P&G back in suds production - the NAACP connection makes me curious if it could be some sort of financial compensation or offsetting of costs that hasn't been mentioned - but if it were to end up streaming, what else could they load into it (Victoria Rowell and Debbi Morgan best be in that bible's great matriarch pool, but what about Tamara Tunie or Amelia Marshall's past P&G characters - could be totable).

This sounds too Prospect Park-y to have faith in.

by Anonymousreply 84April 15, 2024 6:34 AM

R82 They could forego paying Miss Underwood and just have guests talk to one of those chattering teeth wind up toys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 15, 2024 6:40 AM

Will Nick Cordero’s widow ever work again?

by Anonymousreply 86April 15, 2024 6:49 AM

R83 yes, and the thing that is tricky is that it's supposed to be a wealthy black family at the core.

But the cost of making them look wealthy can be a production challenge. As discovered when Guiding Light went to outdoor shooting and the Spaulding Mansion started to look like a decrepit old Victorian house......

by Anonymousreply 87April 15, 2024 3:03 PM

It would be a great time to resurrect Passions.

The only soap I miss.

RIP Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 88April 15, 2024 3:09 PM

[quote]What are Joy and Barbara going to do every morning now?

Joy is 81, she'll stay in bed and Barbara will continue dead.

by Anonymousreply 89April 15, 2024 3:17 PM

CBS is the only network with an audience old enough to still watch linear television. If you're going to produce a new soap, CBS is where you want to be. But look at Y&R, it's the #1 show but looks so freaking cheap. Even B&B is beginning to look cheap. I'm not sure how Frank Valentini makes GH looks so good.

I want to see this get made, if for no other reason, than to see this huge win for Michele Val Jean.

by Anonymousreply 90April 15, 2024 3:34 PM

If this gets made, can they cast Sheryl Underwood to star ? Maybe add Sherri Shepard as her evil twin sister ?

by Anonymousreply 91April 15, 2024 3:55 PM

R89, The View was not canceled.

Whoopi and Joy will continue to go to work, and Barbara will continue as the deceased Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 92April 15, 2024 5:48 PM

[quote]But look at Y&R, it's the #1 show but looks so freaking cheap. Even B&B is beginning to look cheap. I'm not sure how Frank Valentini makes GH looks so good.

B&B looks cheaper than Y&R does.

by Anonymousreply 93April 15, 2024 5:55 PM

Have the hosts acknowledged their cancellation on Friday's show or today's show ?

by Anonymousreply 94April 15, 2024 6:42 PM

The main reason why Y&R looks cheap is because they've reduced the number of sets they're using. During COVID, when they started to produce episodes under all the required safety protocols, they had to find some way to absorb the added cost associated with those rules, so they greatly reduced the sets in use, since less sets meant less expense to set up and maintain. But even after those rules were lifted, they've never gone back to having the same number of sets in use pre-COVID, and now, they just do that as another way to cut costs, becoming like a standard operating procedure.

by Anonymousreply 95April 15, 2024 7:30 PM

The Abbott living room is more cramped than my 90 year old grandmother’s.

by Anonymousreply 96April 15, 2024 7:34 PM

Nicki and Victor's ranch is no better than John and Marlena's penthouse on Days. And they've reduced the size of the Forrester mansion to nothing.

by Anonymousreply 97April 15, 2024 7:36 PM

Forrester mansion is looking tattered these days. As is the Forrester Creations set.

But both sets date back to the show's beginning, so they would be 37 years old now.

by Anonymousreply 98April 15, 2024 7:40 PM

The Gates is going to series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 15, 2024 8:17 PM

Well, R67 didn't age well!

by Anonymousreply 100April 15, 2024 8:58 PM

Remind me not to take R67 with me to Vegas when I'm in a gambling mood.

by Anonymousreply 101April 15, 2024 9:04 PM

I don't know who the audience is for these chat/talk/view shows filled with old girdled has-beens having a go at "sass" and commentary. Who the fuck watches this shit? Who in this century watches TV programming from major broadcast networks? The dead? The brain dead? And the may as well be? And for what purpose: News? Sparkling wit? Insightful exploration of subject?

Fucking hell, Datalounge is filthy with ancient posters who can move past the 1980s, for whom nothing has happened in a half century, who can't not watch these losers cackle in the middle of the day.

Have a wank or something

by Anonymousreply 102April 15, 2024 10:18 PM

Seriously r102! I'm in my forties and have never in my life known a gay man of my generation or younger who has ever watched soaps or The View. DL is the only place I have ever seen where grown men watch soaps and hen fest morning talk shows.

by Anonymousreply 103April 15, 2024 10:27 PM

Black man, white man, black woman, white woman.

by Anonymousreply 104April 15, 2024 10:38 PM

I'll happily be called out of place because I've watched soaps or talk shows.

I'd much sooner do that than watch any number of visual atrocities like The Housewives of [fill in the blank] or any number of reality shows, or vile things like Dr. Pimple Popper. If that makes me decrepit and out of place, then I wear your insults as a crown of glory.

by Anonymousreply 105April 15, 2024 10:39 PM

R102 = Zoomer with sever ADHAD and can't focus on an hour talk show. If only they can put these hour shows on Tik Tok.

by Anonymousreply 106April 15, 2024 10:40 PM

Grown men who watch soaps and daytime chatfests are ridiculous.

I don't even know any who watch the Today show etc.

by Anonymousreply 107April 15, 2024 10:42 PM

[quote]I'd much sooner do that than watch any number of visual atrocities like The Housewives of [fill in the blank] or any number of reality shows, or vile things like Dr. Pimple Popper. If that makes me decrepit and out of place, then I wear your insults as a crown of glory.

Those shows are also shit, and not much better than soaps.

by Anonymousreply 108April 15, 2024 10:43 PM

I can't imagine having such a limited world view as to not understand that things may be somewhat different outside of your limited bubble.

by Anonymousreply 109April 15, 2024 10:43 PM

Soaps are for simpletons.

by Anonymousreply 110April 15, 2024 10:44 PM

[quote]Fucking hell, Datalounge is filthy with ancient posters who can move past the 1980s,

The consensus is that the world stopped turning for them circa 1990-ish. Numerous examples of how totally clueless they are about life in modern times.

by Anonymousreply 111April 15, 2024 10:45 PM

I like what I like and give no fucks whatsoever what people think.

It's interesting that there is a new soap coming. Wouldn't have thought there was any money to be made in it but CBS thinks otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 112April 15, 2024 10:46 PM

R103 Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

by Anonymousreply 113April 15, 2024 10:49 PM

r113 get a life. Go outside and leave your hovel for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 114April 15, 2024 10:54 PM

R114 Get off Tik Tok and get out of your bubble.

by Anonymousreply 115April 15, 2024 10:56 PM

And yet almost every new drama that gets any kind of audience share or popular buzz these days is a serialized drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 15, 2024 10:56 PM

^^But it ain't a soap gramps.

by Anonymousreply 117April 15, 2024 11:07 PM

These youngsters and their newfangled TikTok godammit! They don't know how good it is to sit down and watch the stories on daytime tv.

by Anonymousreply 118April 15, 2024 11:07 PM

If it weren't for DL I would have no idea soaps were still on the air. I would've just assumed, like most grown men, that they were all cancelled in the 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 119April 15, 2024 11:09 PM

[quote]Get off Tik Tok and get out of your bubble.

That's funny, coming from a demographic who watches endless marathons of tv shows from five decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 120April 15, 2024 11:40 PM

[quote] That's funny, coming from a demographic who watches endless marathons of tv shows from five decades ago.

Yet we know better not to eat Tide pods.

by Anonymousreply 121April 16, 2024 12:43 AM

Anyhoo.....

by Anonymousreply 122April 16, 2024 1:33 AM

Will The Gates feature a black male character on the downlow?

We haven't seen that since late era Passions ca. 2007.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 16, 2024 1:56 AM

[quote] If it weren't for DL I would have no idea soaps were still on the air. I would've just assumed, like most grown men, that they were all cancelled in the 1990s.

Do you think you deserve to be looked up to? You sound like someone whose head is up their own ass. Not impressive.

by Anonymousreply 124April 18, 2024 1:03 AM

Will a black soap opera use these or substitute with police sirens?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 18, 2024 1:24 PM

There are plenty of black soaps already, thanks to Tyler Perry.

Seems like it would make more sense to do a Hispanic-themed some, since that audience is so accustomed to telenovelas. Do one for the English-speaking second generation Latino community.

by Anonymousreply 126April 18, 2024 5:19 PM

some=soap.

by Anonymousreply 127April 18, 2024 5:20 PM

[quote]There are plenty of black soaps already, thanks to Tyler Perry.

Let's hope that The Gates is a step up from the dreck Perry churns out.

by Anonymousreply 128April 18, 2024 5:27 PM

R126 not to mention, the Hispanic population is a lot bigger.

by Anonymousreply 129April 18, 2024 5:54 PM

[quote]Good Riddance. Not many celebrities irritate me as much as Jerry O’Connell.

How come?

by Anonymousreply 130April 18, 2024 5:55 PM

I also find O'Connell very irritating. I rarely watched The Squawk, but when I have seen it during his run, the faces he makes and his mugging for the camera made me turn it off as soon as the segment I was somewhat interested in was over. I find his shtick unwatchable. I mean, the eyebrows alone are bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 131April 18, 2024 8:44 PM

R131 He's a 55-60 year old man acting like an over the top parody of the cool dad stereotype. Almost reminiscent of Miss Dylan Mulvaney and her hyper theatrics.

by Anonymousreply 132April 19, 2024 12:27 AM

R131, His brother Charlie is much hotter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 19, 2024 1:58 AM

Today, the hosts were nominated for a Daytime Emmy, but the show itself did not garner a nom.

by Anonymousreply 134April 19, 2024 10:41 PM

The Talk played it safe and failed to get eyeballs, as a result.

The best cast was Julie, Aisha, Sharon, Melissa, and Sheryl.

by Anonymousreply 135April 23, 2024 6:21 AM

I have no idea who those four people are, OP, and I don't believe I've ever seen that program.

Adios "The Talk" I can't say I'll miss you.

by Anonymousreply 136April 23, 2024 8:21 AM

Starting in January, 2025 Judy Scheindlin will be distributing her Amazon /Freevee streamer "Judy Justice" (which is currently in its third season) to linear television. It's been said CBS (which owns her syndicated 'Judge Judy' series) is considering replacing 'The Talk' with 'Judy Justice', but it's up to what they can do with the 'Judge Judy' library they bought from her a few years ago. They are currently negotiating, according to 'sources'.

by Anonymousreply 137April 25, 2024 9:39 PM

[quote] replacing 'The Talk' with 'Judy Justice',

So no real improvement in daytime television

by Anonymousreply 138April 25, 2024 9:47 PM

R138 Higher ratings for CBS, and that's all that matters. Got to pull in those advertising dollars.

by Anonymousreply 139April 25, 2024 9:53 PM

Isn't Judge Judy about 112 years old by now? I had no idea she was still doing a tv show.

by Anonymousreply 140April 25, 2024 10:59 PM

I think if they do pick up Judy Justice, it will be a syndication buy for the stations CBS owns.

The Talk’s time slot is going to the new soap.

by Anonymousreply 141April 25, 2024 11:21 PM

It was already announced three months ago that "Judy Justice" has a syndication deal in place and will begin airing in 100 broadcast television markets in Fall 2024. .. Saying it's "replacing "The Talk" isn't really possible, since "The Talk" is a network show, and "Judy Justice" (just like "Judge Judy") is a syndicated show.

And if you're talking about "replacing" a show due to the time of day it's going to air, then there's uniformity there. Affiliates can fiddle around with the daytime schedule. The Talk doesn't air at the same hour in every market, just like Judge Judy didn't. In some markets, the network-owned LMAD airs in the morning,: in others it's in the afternoon. In some markets, Y&R follows TPIR; while in others a local show is wedged in between them; the same thing occurs with Y&R and B&B.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142April 26, 2024 12:27 AM

*** edit:

And if you're talking about "replacing" a show due to the time of day it's going to air, then there's no uniformity there.

by Anonymousreply 143April 26, 2024 12:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!