Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Keeping Up With the Laverys The Brooklyn literary power throuple all working and baby-raising from home.

April 10, 2024

[quote]It’s a Monday morning in March, and Danny Lavery is up first to quietly bake the bread he proofed the night before and to walk the two little dogs Maxim Casaubon Lavery (goes by Bon Bon) and Huckleberry Rigaud Lavery (prefers Gogo). […] Lily has a number of projects to attend to, but at the forefront is gestating the household’s baby. Waiting for a baby here mostly entails talking. “When I say we hope that the baby will be gay, I think maybe we’re all saying that we hope the baby will have an aesthetic life,” says Lily later as we curl up on the couch in their Brownstone Brooklyn living room. “I don’t know if you guys agree with that or not.” “I’m just picturing a little Bob Newhart baby,” Danny says. “Oh!” Grace says, then realizes, relieved. “I was thinking of Bob Ross.”

[…]

[quote]Danny met Grace, an academic, in 2015 […] In 2019, he turned 33, married Grace, took her last name, and broke contact with his family, publicly holding his pastor father to account for choices you’d never want your pastor to make. As now perhaps the most famous trans couple of a certain slice of literary America, they decamped abruptly from California to New York.

[…]

[quote]A year after the Lavery wedding, Grace met Lily online. Lily was teaching art history at Michigan State and — by her account — “reading Killing Eve fan fiction and masturbating.” They fell for each other. Eventually, Lily came to visit Grace in the city […] Two things led to another, or one thing led to two others. “I didn’t want to read more fan fiction,” Lily says. “I wanted my life to resemble fan fiction.” […] Eventually, Lily moved in. […] yes, they all sleep in the same bed. It also doesn’t seem particularly large.

[...]

[quote]They planned to name this baby Rochbert “Rocco” Ozymandias Wolverine, though they wanted to get a peek at him first to be sure.

[…]

[quote]Because Grace and Lily were intimate first, and because they’re all living and working together in a floor-through, one-bathroom apartment, Lily and Danny were a bit on tiptoes together, even into the pregnancy. Then they had their first good fight in December — over recycling! “There were ways in which I still felt like you and I would sometimes be on our ‘company manners’ around each other,” Danny says. “I think the outcome has been really positive,” Lily says. “I’m really sorry we had to go through my being a dick,” Danny says. This is their method. Danny describes it as “lesbian dominant” with an asterisk: “I don’t mean that in the sense of we’re dominant lesbians. I just mean we all have enough of a background in lesbianism and the processing of the lesbian school, which not all lesbians do, or have to do, or should do, but which does exist. I think we all like it. There will absolutely, I’m sure, come a day when our son is like, ‘I went over to someone else’s house and they don’t fucking do this all day. I didn’t know you could live with such beautiful quiet.’ Maybe that will be one of the ways in which heterosexuality will reintroduce itself back to our home.”

Surely this has been posted already, but I did a search and came up empty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201April 28, 2024 10:36 PM

From the comments:

[quote][bold]clark.ashley89[/bold]: I just hope Danny is happy and okay. The pictures he posts with the baby are so sweet, and I hope he doesn’t feel an outsider, because the way this article is written makes it sound like Lily was a surprise and not a choice he made, but that was made for him. Hoping that characterization is wrong!

[quote][bold]my_melody[/bold]: Basically, their whole existence is a performance. Right?

[quote]Also,

[quote][italic]They planned to name this baby Rochbert “Rocco” Ozymandias Wolverine, [bold]though they wanted to get a peek at him first to be sure[/bold] [emphasis mine].[/italic]

[quote]Why bother coming up with such a baroque name? Surely these three understand more than most that this kid might not even be a boy regardless of what gender is assigned him (for now, I guess? Them?) at birth. For that matter, what's getting a peek at him going to do? I guess that just goes back to everything being a performance?

[quote]Also, what the hell is "an aesthetic life" and why does one need to be gay to have one? That's not rhetorical. I'm really asking because I really don't know what that means. Also, what if their kid is straight? Are they going to try to hide their disappointment?

[quote]These people kind of sound like they suck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2024 1:18 PM

Everything about this is fucked up beyond belief, OP's formatting included.

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2024 1:19 PM

I bolded the user names and fucked it up.

Here's an non-paywalled article link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2024 1:20 PM

Yeah, sorry, R2. I bolded the user names and fucked it up.

Here's an non-paywalled article link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2024 1:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2024 1:27 PM

What an ugly trio.

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2024 1:27 PM

They look like an incestuous brothers sister combo.

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2024 1:28 PM

Low hanging fruit. I have no clucks left to cluck cluck about such clown shows.

by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2024 1:29 PM

Roots that big have got to be an intentional stylistic choice, surely?

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2024 1:42 PM

Brooklyn is its own kind of Florida.

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2024 1:49 PM

I'm sure the child will grow up to be a healthy, well-adjusted adult....if someone snatches it away from these idiots.

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2024 1:56 PM

The tranny one looks like Tiny Tim now, it's jarring and it's not good.

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2024 3:06 PM

Also, what does that dude know about being a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2024 3:08 PM

"Maybe that will be one of the ways in which heterosexuality will reintroduce itself back to our home.”

Or maybe by the fact that you fucked and knocked up a chick, will heterosexuality rear it's ugly head. I guess we'll see!

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2024 3:10 PM

People like this are exhausting and pretentious. Even the pet names are ridiculous.

They remind me of the SNL skit couple "the lovahs".

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2024 3:36 PM

So, the two females are the ones doing all the bread baking and the getting up early and the pet care and the gestating and the "getting a real job"? Color me shocked!

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2024 3:40 PM

I noticed that too R16. Also, these Lavery creeps are going to boot that chick after they take her baby. And I guess Grace didn't get bottom surgery, quelle surprise. I thought the one chick was worth a ton of money? Or maybe she was getting a ton of money from one of her like minded, pretentious, writer friends, and now they don't talk anymore. I remember we used to talk about them and the friend who maybe was involved in the "slyly chaotic" (christ, the writing) website Toast.

by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2024 3:47 PM

Which one is the "man"? Left or right?

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2024 4:29 PM

The one who looks like Tiny Tim is a man. The one on the end is a woman. She's married to the man and maybe she can't have kids but I guarantee they will boot the new chick once they get a kid.

by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2024 4:31 PM

Lord, not even Mr. Tennessee Williams could write a drama this messed up. It will end in tears and recriminations.

by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2024 4:33 PM

[quote] Danny met Grace, an academic

Of course.

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2024 6:16 PM

Who’s the father?

by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2024 6:17 PM

Raising a future serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2024 6:17 PM

Grace (Lavery) and Daniel are a queer couple. Which is the same as a straight couple, in the real world. #homophobia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 11, 2024 6:18 PM

In 2017 academic Grace Lavery said he wanted to destroy the life of a female writer he was dating. She then changed her name to Daniel, took sterilising hormones and lost work. They became a polycule and he's now revealed he's starting a family with the other woman in it

See caps at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 11, 2024 6:19 PM

R22 Grace is the father, he's the man in the throuple.

by Anonymousreply 26April 11, 2024 6:20 PM

Domestic abuse photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 11, 2024 6:21 PM

Joseph "Grace" Lavery is from the UK and teaches at a US uni. Mallory Ortberg, otherwise known as Dear Prudence, met "Grace", who sexually abused her, wrote about it, manipulated her into thinking that she was male and changed her name to Daniel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 11, 2024 6:22 PM

That child needs to be taken from them.

by Anonymousreply 29April 11, 2024 6:22 PM

She’s British.

by Anonymousreply 30April 11, 2024 6:23 PM

So much autism in one photo that reality warps like the Matrix

by Anonymousreply 31April 11, 2024 6:24 PM

How do they know their kid is a boy? They made up that ridiculous name for him but what if he says he's not a boy. Also, I'm sure they knew he was a boy from an ultrasound, which is something that het couples do too. So they're just another boring het couple with an extra.

by Anonymousreply 32April 11, 2024 6:27 PM

Gawd, this picture, smirking with her tousled red hair, trying to look impish, I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 11, 2024 6:38 PM

The only thing that could make this story better is if Roxane Gay is their neighbor. Exhaustion all around!

by Anonymousreply 34April 11, 2024 7:10 PM

So how come the one is needing a day job? And how are they a literary power throuple if the one is having to work at a hot dog stand or whatever?

by Anonymousreply 35April 11, 2024 7:14 PM

Who says they are a "literary power" trouble? Never heard of them until now and I'm not impressed.

by Anonymousreply 36April 11, 2024 7:16 PM

How did the one get knocked up? The one male is sterile?

This poor kid. What happens if it's a cisgendered het.

by Anonymousreply 37April 11, 2024 7:20 PM

The male isn't sterile, is he? He doesn't look like he's on any type of hormones.

by Anonymousreply 38April 11, 2024 7:21 PM

[quote]the friend who maybe was involved in the "slyly chaotic" (christ, the writing) website Toast.

She has her own trans lovah now, the revolting Gretchen Felker-Martin.

by Anonymousreply 39April 11, 2024 7:26 PM

[quote]When I say we hope that the baby will be gay, I think maybe we’re all saying that we hope the baby will have an aesthetic life,” says Lily later as we curl up on the couch in their Brownstone Brooklyn living room. “I don’t know if you guys agree with that or not.” “I’m just picturing a little Bob Newhart baby,” Danny says. “Oh!” Grace says, then realizes, relieved. “I was thinking of Bob Ross.”

I would almost never wish that a child would grow up to be a conservative investment banker on Wall Street, but if any baby should grow up into a modern day Alex P. Keaton just to drive his parents crazy, it's this kid.

by Anonymousreply 40April 11, 2024 7:27 PM

They want to give the baby a ridiculous name like their dogs have. Unlike the dogs, that kid'll have to get a job someday.

by Anonymousreply 41April 11, 2024 7:32 PM

I feel like Lavery is more conservative than you give him credit for R40. I mean, at the end of the day, he's got two women serving his every need, and he's making one of them get a job. Also, he clearly did an ultrasound to find his baby's sex and is giving him a ridiculous, long, commanding, name. He's just a polygamist in a skirt.

by Anonymousreply 42April 11, 2024 7:36 PM

[quote]I guarantee they will boot the new chick once they get a kid.

I disagree, I think Grace will dump Danny now that he's ruined his life.

by Anonymousreply 43April 11, 2024 7:51 PM

Hmm yeah maybe R43. At any rate, they won't remain a throuple. Yeah I bet you're right, the first part of that article talked about how the two women didn't get along at first, etc. I bet they still don't like each other.

by Anonymousreply 44April 11, 2024 7:58 PM

These people fancy themselves writers? One teaches at a university, supposedly. Where do they publish? I still don't quite understand what they do for a living.

Jesus, the writing. Drively, ostentatious, arrogant, and cloying all at the same time with a touch of flowery thrown in.

Grace shared the exciting news via Instagram, writing, 'Friends. Allow me to introduce you to Rochbert Joseph Ozymandias. Rocco to you lot.

'His consciousness was joined with the flesh of the world at 7am this morning, April 3rd, at which point he weighed eight pounds and five ounces.

'He has blue eyes, grippy fingers, a laissez faire attitude to pronouns, the gentle aroma of late summer plums, a sleepy smile, and a sweet soft temperament befitting one of his undoubted rank and stature.

'He is the greatest human being I’ve ever met. His father, Daniel, and his Lala, Lily, share my exuberance. Hail Rocco. We will try to remember for you and learn with you.'

by Anonymousreply 45April 11, 2024 8:09 PM

Yes, you're right. If they boot Daniel, he and the mother can be a lesbian couple.

by Anonymousreply 46April 11, 2024 8:09 PM

These people fancy themselves writers? One teaches at a university, supposedly. Where do they publish? I still don't quite understand what they do for a living.

Jesus, the writing. Drively, ostentatious, arrogant, and cloying all at the same time with a touch of flowery thrown in.

Grace shared the exciting news via Instagram, writing, 'Friends. Allow me to introduce you to Rochbert Joseph Ozymandias. Rocco to you lot.

'His consciousness was joined with the flesh of the world at 7am this morning, April 3rd, at which point he weighed eight pounds and five ounces.

'He has blue eyes, grippy fingers, a laissez faire attitude to pronouns, the gentle aroma of late summer plums, a sleepy smile, and a sweet soft temperament befitting one of his undoubted rank and stature.

'He is the greatest human being I’ve ever met. His father, Daniel, and his Lala, Lily, share my exuberance. Hail Rocco. We will try to remember for you and learn with you.'

by Anonymousreply 47April 11, 2024 8:09 PM

This will end not only in tears but in many ponderous invective-filled essays.

by Anonymousreply 48April 11, 2024 8:10 PM

Gawd R47. How long ago did they write that shit and how long did it take? Also, "one of his undoubted rank and stature.". And what would that be?

by Anonymousreply 49April 11, 2024 8:11 PM

Hey, fuck off R48, that's my territory!

by Anonymousreply 50April 11, 2024 8:12 PM

That poor baby is going to be ugly as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 51April 11, 2024 8:14 PM

R47 Interesting, I wonder who the father is listed as on the birth certificate. I can't see that new chick listing Daniel. It sounds like she was only dtf the guy. They met as she was reading fan fic and masturbating to "Killing Eve" and then someone dressed like a clown and they had sex. They only begrudgingly let Daniel in, and now they're making her leave the house and get a job.

by Anonymousreply 52April 11, 2024 8:20 PM

[quote]These people fancy themselves writers? One teaches at a university, supposedly. Where do they publish? I still don't quite understand what they do for a living.

Grace published "Please Miss: A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Penis" a few years ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 11, 2024 8:23 PM

Notice the poor kid has Joe's name included only. How very masculine, how odd.

by Anonymousreply 54April 11, 2024 8:23 PM

Wow, Grace calling thinking so highly of himself. NY magazine has no credibility now, btw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 11, 2024 8:26 PM

I’m so confused.

by Anonymousreply 56April 11, 2024 8:31 PM

The two on the ends are a hetero couple who swapped genders. The pregnant one is their hostage. The pregnant one was knocked up by the "woman" in the powerful literary couple. The baby has the last name of the father, just like in a het couple.

by Anonymousreply 57April 11, 2024 8:34 PM

Thank you R57

by Anonymousreply 58April 11, 2024 8:42 PM

Choire Sicha wrote this? He used to be good.

by Anonymousreply 59April 11, 2024 8:45 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 11, 2024 9:28 PM

From link at R60

April 4:

[quote]Transgender woman who is in a throuple with her trans agony aunt husband and another woman reveals the trio has welcomed a newborn son - as they joke their infant is 'the gayest baby in the Tri-State area'

by Anonymousreply 61April 11, 2024 9:31 PM

Why doesn't that bitch Grace get electrolysis or wax her face? Does she want it known she still has lots of T coursing through her system?

by Anonymousreply 62April 11, 2024 9:34 PM

It’s hard to find a way to express how very, very deeply I do not want to keep up with these people.

by Anonymousreply 63April 11, 2024 9:49 PM

New York needs to do a follow-up on the loon who attached a non working penis to her leg. While she was still in a Herero relationship. What kind of doctor does,shit like that?

by Anonymousreply 64April 11, 2024 9:58 PM

I have a headache.

by Anonymousreply 65April 11, 2024 10:00 PM

I don’t get the ending. why did Danny see a lawyer?

by Anonymousreply 66April 11, 2024 10:05 PM

[quote]I don’t get the ending. why did Danny see a lawyer?

They needed legal papers drawn up for baby matters. The money problems mentioned in the article are odd, as is the solution of dispatching Danny to perform $18/hr part-time work.

Three employed adults shouldn't have to struggle so much, particularly when Danny inked a big Substack deal just a few years ago (in addition to the Slate gig he quit and the book deals). A smaller sum was thrown at Grace to get her to join him, but it wasn't long before she dramatically quit.

A problem with being 'on' all the time, as they are, is that it's expensive to maintain such eccentric personas.

by Anonymousreply 67April 11, 2024 10:27 PM

R62 He fathered a kid, we all know he's a dude. He can wax all day.

by Anonymousreply 68April 11, 2024 10:34 PM

Yeah they need to get it in writing who exactly that baby belongs to for the inevitable breakup. Hint; it's not the one they call "Daddy".

by Anonymousreply 69April 11, 2024 10:35 PM

Pre-transition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 11, 2024 10:37 PM

Oh, how moderne! How progressive! How outre'!

I am---how do you say in your language?---without caring.

And both Ts fail miserably, appearance-wise.

by Anonymousreply 71April 11, 2024 10:45 PM

These people should not even be allowed near children. Freaks.

by Anonymousreply 72April 11, 2024 10:56 PM

Is it two dykes and guy? This is too confusing. Imagine being the kid!

by Anonymousreply 73April 11, 2024 10:57 PM

It doesn't look like anyone else posted this, but I still remember the drama over Danny accusing his evangelical pastor father of allowing Danny's brother (an admitted pedo) around children at his church.

This story has everything!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 11, 2024 11:00 PM

when do pregnant trans autistic polycules get added to the pride flag

by Anonymousreply 75April 11, 2024 11:02 PM

The coquettish Grace with the FaceTune.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 11, 2024 11:09 PM

Danny pre-transition video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 11, 2024 11:13 PM

This may be explained somewhere in the article, but where did the sperm come from? I'm assuming that Grace still has some, but they also could have gotten a donor.

by Anonymousreply 78April 11, 2024 11:24 PM

R77 Yeah she's very neurodivergent, delighting in "weird Twitter"

by Anonymousreply 79April 11, 2024 11:27 PM

[quote]The coquettish Grace with the FaceTune.

That was his photo in the Berkeley faculty directory.

by Anonymousreply 80April 11, 2024 11:40 PM

I think I've seen them working out at my local Planet Fitness.

by Anonymousreply 81April 11, 2024 11:40 PM

They don't look like they do much working out.

by Anonymousreply 82April 11, 2024 11:57 PM

When you see polls saying we have lost ground on gay rights, refer back to this article of these three claiming to have “The gayest baby in the tristate area”

by Anonymousreply 83April 11, 2024 11:58 PM

r73, it's 2 straight chicks and a straight guy. one of the chicks pretends to be a guy and the guy pretends to be a woman. the other actual woman gave birth, inseminated by the guy who pretends he's a chick. the straight chick who says she's a guy is called the father. the straight chick who gave birth claims to masterbate to a lesbian murder show and called neither mother nor father. the man who inseminated her is called mother.

I am sure that all makes sense now!

by Anonymousreply 84April 11, 2024 11:59 PM

All three of them are actually straight.

by Anonymousreply 85April 12, 2024 12:15 AM

R82. Honey, nobody at Planet Fitness looks like they work out 🤣

by Anonymousreply 86April 12, 2024 12:21 AM

I have no idea what happened to the former Mallory Ortberg to make her change so thoroughly, chaotically, and tragically. I'm not saying this because Danny Lavery is trans and that's a problem or *the* problem, but I used to love Mallory's writing so much and the person just seems to be completely lost now at the bottom of an "identity"-based rabbit hole of confusion. I know it would really wound him (based on stuff he's said about his former fan base before) to read that, so I feel bad about saying it, but I hope he finds some kind of peace (and gets away from that crazy wife). I am sure Danny Lavery's sick family of origin is a huge part of the puzzle, to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 87April 12, 2024 12:22 AM

Actually, R84 and R85, Mallory Ortberg was a lesbian. I can't explain it, though,

by Anonymousreply 88April 12, 2024 12:35 AM

[quote]Actually, [R84] and [R85], Mallory Ortberg was a lesbian.

So was the pregnant partner, if I recall correctly. There's a lot going on with Danny's lesbian spiel in the interview that readers unfamiliar with his history or Woodruff's will miss.

by Anonymousreply 89April 12, 2024 12:41 AM

R87 I feel the same way. I’ve been following this whole drama for years. And I’m quite sure Grace identified as a gay man before transitioning. Even after marrying Danny in SF (they asked their guests to use the hashtag #royalgaywedding) Grace was still posting about random hookups with guys.

I feel like Grace set out to destroy Mallory in a very slow, sadistic manner. And it’s like every writer who ever worked at Gawker (like Choire who wrote the NY Mag piece) has decided they have to nod and smile over this fucked-up situation or risk being called transphobes.

by Anonymousreply 90April 12, 2024 1:23 AM

So glad I never went into mental health as a profession.

by Anonymousreply 91April 12, 2024 1:36 AM

R70

I’m just now realizing that Danny was Mallory was Dear Prudence. I slightly recognized Danny’s name and saw “agony aunt” but didn’t put it together. And I read Dear Prudence constantly.

Well.

I hope they all love and take care of that sweet, innocent, wee babe

by Anonymousreply 92April 12, 2024 1:39 AM

Pre-transition. (Grace)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 12, 2024 2:16 AM

Oh, Danny, don't allow yourself to love that baby. You have NO legal leg to stand on, and they can banish you from that child's life at any moment.

by Anonymousreply 94April 12, 2024 2:50 AM

R47: Danny has also published in The New York Review of Books, most recently on "chef Jacques Pépin's collection of poultry recipes, memories, and paintings"

by Anonymousreply 95April 12, 2024 2:55 AM

[quote]And I’m quite sure Grace identified as a gay man before transitioning.

They've written about (straight) entanglements with women pre-transition, and the assumptions people used to make about their sexuality. I'd not be surprised if what they write in the future is at odds with what they've already written, since they're obsessed (as are their partners) with cultivating an image as not just gay but so extraordinarily gay that they've reached a level of homosexual enlightenment previously unknown to gaykind.

by Anonymousreply 96April 12, 2024 3:31 AM

Queer/pansexual Grace was seemingly involved with genderqueer/pansexual/polyamorous journalist Laurie Penny (who goes by they/them, because of course they would). Both are British expats in California (though I'm not sure where Penny lives now).

by Anonymousreply 97April 12, 2024 3:39 AM

He's been charitably described here as a "performance artist" who's not "true trans."

by Anonymousreply 98April 12, 2024 3:51 AM

Danny sounds abused and brainwashed.

by Anonymousreply 99April 12, 2024 3:58 AM

[quote]I feel like Grace set out to destroy Mallory in a very slow, sadistic manner.

I agree.

by Anonymousreply 100April 12, 2024 4:18 AM

"Pretending that heterosexual sex inexplicably changes to homosexual sex based on the proclaimed pronouns of the male and female involved is hilariously demented magical thinking"

--Simon Edge

by Anonymousreply 101April 12, 2024 4:20 AM

I am so confused.

Can someone please parse this relationship? Who was who? Who is who? Who is what sex? Is anyone any sex?

I suppose if I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, I could. But I'd really prefer not to spend time on these people so again, please help me figure out what's going on here.

by Anonymousreply 102April 12, 2024 4:34 AM

I don’t really know these people, but I have a sick, sad feeling that Dany is going to wake up one day and be horrified at what s/he’s allowed to be done to her. Such fucked up psychic games. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 103April 12, 2024 4:44 AM

R102, Rescue Chick did a perfect summary above. Not sure of the response number.

Sp it seems like Danny had a problematic childhood, which can be very difficult. However, it also seems that he was the actual talented writer out of this group and now is working an $18 / hour day job while his spouse has a baby with another woman, and the spouse/ other woman spend their time not recycling, not teaching, but writing a sci-fi novel about constitutional law?!

Danny, get out.

by Anonymousreply 104April 12, 2024 5:07 AM

R102 Danny was formerly known as Mallory Ortberg, a lesbian, and cofounder of a popular website The Toast along with Nicole Cliffe, who has sort of disappeared from the internet. Grace formerly identified as a gay man, and taught at UC Berkeley. I forget Grace’s former name but he (at the time) became best friends with Mallory. From what I can glean, they felt an intense emotional attraction to each other, but it wasn’t sexual. So the both decided to transition and claimed that did the trick, and they were mad for each other and got married,

But Grace specified she wanted an open marriage. She (allegedly) kept having sex with men which she would describe on her social media as anonymous back alley encounters.

Grace then encountered Lilly (born female/ lesbian— I think) online, and they shared a clown fetish. Lilly was an academic from nowheresville and she flew to Brooklyn and donned a clown suit to hook up with Grace.

Lilly moved in and kept “company manners” between herself and Danny while she (Lilly) was fucking Danny’s wife Grace in what Choire described as a not very large bed where they all sleep.

Grace and Lily stay up late and eat dinner at 10 p.m., while Danny wraps his entire head (except for his snout) in a shirt and goes to sleep in the small bed. The entire situation sounds like hell on earth.

Danny and Lilly got in an argument about recycling, and they say everything is fine with them now. Despite getting a massive payout to sign with substack and having books on the NYT best seller’s list, Danny had get a “day job” that pays $18 an hour to work with senior citizen artists. Yeah, I don’t know either. They also wear very expensive designer clothes and live in an expensive apartment.

Lilly birthed a baby two weeks ago and for reasons we’re not clear on they took the newborn on a trip to Baltimore right out of the gate. It was very MJ dangling Blanket over the balcony. They are housing the baby in a bassinet outside their apartment door in the hallway, a space Lilly also uses to sit at a desk and perform her job as a surrogate, mistress, and full time wackadoodle.

Allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 105April 12, 2024 5:27 AM

[QUOTE]Grace then encountered Lilly (born female/ lesbian— I think) online, and they shared a clown fetish. Lilly was an academic from nowheresville and she flew to Brooklyn and donned a clown suit to hook up with Grace.

It's as though they're pressuring Mallory/Danny to kill herself after being the most accomplished person in this shit show.

by Anonymousreply 106April 12, 2024 9:01 AM

At one time insanity like this would have led to a call to child services to help the baby. Now they get a glowing article in New York magazine.

by Anonymousreply 107April 12, 2024 9:27 AM

Actually Grace (Daniel is his real name btw and oo, look at what Mallory named herself when she transitioned!) for real said, when he got together with Mallory, that he was going to destroy her. I will look for the tweet later.

by Anonymousreply 108April 12, 2024 10:41 AM

[quote]Danny wraps his entire head (except for his snout) in a shirt

And that's the word the writer used for her nose, "snout." It's like he wants to join in making her feel as shitty as possible.

Someone should rescue Danny but Grace has isolated her from everyone else, as abusive partners tend to do.

by Anonymousreply 109April 12, 2024 10:44 AM

[quote] he was the actual talented writer out of this group

Danny may be the most talented writer—and seems like a very versatile writer and thinker, though I haven't read much by him so I'm judging by what other people say—but Grace Lavery wrote (still writes?) well-regarded work on Victorian literature/culture, so not without some talent.

by Anonymousreply 110April 12, 2024 10:55 AM

Also, be careful looking for any pictures of them lest you run across Grace/Daniel with his fist entirely in Danny/Mallorys mouth whilst getting fucked.

by Anonymousreply 111April 12, 2024 10:55 AM

Apologies, I woke up a bit ago and clearly am not awake yet. His real name is Joseph not Daniel. I mixed up my perverts.

by Anonymousreply 112April 12, 2024 10:57 AM

As penance for my name gaffe, here's the tweet from Joe about Mallory when they got together

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 12, 2024 10:59 AM

R113 they all need to get outside and touch grass. What an insane way to live.

by Anonymousreply 114April 12, 2024 11:37 AM

Okay, I'm confused. The Grace person is a man into woman or just cosplaying? The Danny person is a woman turned to man and the third is a bi woman?

by Anonymousreply 115April 12, 2024 11:46 AM

And to think that Danny was an advice columnist who got paid to tell other people how to live!

by Anonymousreply 116April 12, 2024 11:48 AM

They’re all gross.

by Anonymousreply 117April 12, 2024 11:57 AM

Honestly, these types are just all about attention. Everything, including naming a child or a dog, is done for shock value. We all knew those types of kids.

by Anonymousreply 118April 12, 2024 12:08 PM

R93 The fawning comments...."you have kind eyes"..."that shirt makes me feel things"...twitter blows.

R115 Cosplaying of course, as changing sex is impossible but since he knocked up the mistress, he's clearly still a man.

by Anonymousreply 119April 12, 2024 2:03 PM

And with the fucked up state of LGBTQIA rights, it’s only a matter of time before GLAAD gives them an award.

by Anonymousreply 120April 12, 2024 2:41 PM

Someone on his post about his new baby said something like, "now that you have kids, you'll understand wanting to protect them and not sterilize them" and I'm sure it's true. I said upthread I think he's more conservative than we think. He sure had lawyers on top of shit with the quickness! "Danny" may post cute pics of "daddy and baby" but I've no doubt there's an ironclad agreement about who exactly gets the kid should this beautiful menage a trois fall apart.

by Anonymousreply 121April 12, 2024 2:57 PM

R109, that was so disturbing. Like Danny is the interloper who needs to cover his eyes and ears after 8:30. He doesn’t even get to eat with the grownups and has to protect himself from seeing or hearing whatever they get up to in the shared bed. Absolute mind fuckery. And now baby makes four.

by Anonymousreply 122April 12, 2024 3:05 PM

Insufferable puff piece written about even more Insufferable people. I'd rather read about Joan Crawford in RedBook or Patsy Stone in Hello magazine.

by Anonymousreply 123April 12, 2024 3:08 PM

Just noticed how Grace is gripping the back of Danny's neck with a massive paw in the OP's pic. Ugh...

by Anonymousreply 124April 12, 2024 3:08 PM

Well and also, R122, Danny is the only one with a job. So they can lazily sup at 10 pm and call each other "lovah" and wear clown shoes and shit, but Danny's a working man, and needs his rest.

by Anonymousreply 125April 12, 2024 3:09 PM

The tats ...

by Anonymousreply 126April 12, 2024 3:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 12, 2024 3:27 PM

WTF happened to Choire Sicha? He would have written a "gently" sardonic piece about this folie à trois during his Gawker days. Now he's referring to a deeply troubled person's nose as a snout likening them to a pig or dog, He's deliberately dehumanizing Mallory/Danny in a national publication. Has there been any backlash? Please say yes. This is deeply troubling story.

NY Mag should have sent Allison P. Davis for the job. A black feminist might have a different perspective on this disaster.

by Anonymousreply 128April 12, 2024 4:44 PM

[quote]Now he's referring to a deeply troubled person's nose as a snout likening them to a pig or dog, He's deliberately dehumanizing Mallory/Danny in a national publication.

That's what I'm saying! It's so rude. He wouldn't have written about Grace / Joe that way.

by Anonymousreply 129April 12, 2024 4:52 PM

What in the world? Nut jobs.

by Anonymousreply 130April 12, 2024 5:39 PM

Can anyone say more about "Grace" wanting to destroy Mallory/Daniel from the beginning? It's such a strange thing to want, let alone admit to. Is this all a long game?

by Anonymousreply 131April 12, 2024 5:46 PM

So why does he want to destroy this person? Does sound like a toxic, abusive relationship and surprised the other cunt is aiding and abetting.

by Anonymousreply 132April 12, 2024 5:56 PM

well, rescue chick posted the tweet at r113. It's kind of a joke, it seems, but a weird joke with some underlying unresolved bullshit about latching onto someone more famous and being proud/weirdly jealous of that fact. "Grace" just seems all kinds of fucked up, and probably always will be. Whatever else, these assholes have no business inflicting their me-me-me attention-grabbing fuckery on a child.

by Anonymousreply 133April 12, 2024 6:12 PM

[quote]surprised the other cunt is aiding and abetting.

Danny's usurper proudly tells Sicha that she'd been furiously masturbating to "Killing Eve" prior to meeting Grace. It is a safe bet that it wasn't Sandra Oh's character that had her flustered: she's attracted to sociopaths. Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 134April 12, 2024 6:15 PM

Here's a piece on Danny in NY Mag from 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135April 12, 2024 6:37 PM

You gotta admit that "Daniel Lavery" (pronounced "Lav-ery" and not "Lay-vury" is a pretty name

by Anonymousreply 136April 12, 2024 7:20 PM

Prettier than "Ortberg," yes. But "Mallory" was at least at pretty as "Lavery."

by Anonymousreply 137April 12, 2024 8:12 PM

Kids are not a toy - this is evil.

by Anonymousreply 138April 12, 2024 8:29 PM

Would anyone be shocked if Grace shows up here?

by Anonymousreply 139April 12, 2024 8:39 PM

R139 Nothing shocks me anymore, but she seems to spend most of her time online arguing on Twitter about trans issues.

by Anonymousreply 140April 12, 2024 9:14 PM

Does she still have her job teaching at Berkeley, or is she now living off her writings for the general public?

by Anonymousreply 141April 12, 2024 9:42 PM

Grace had agreed to debate "trans issues" with author Helen Joyce in England a few years ago, but then pulled out at the last minute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142April 12, 2024 9:47 PM

They lived happily ever after or, until next Tuesday. Whichever comes first.

by Anonymousreply 143April 12, 2024 10:00 PM

R136: It's an Irish surname from the northern border counties -- Antrim, Armagh, Down. The Irish (or at least many of them) pronounce the first syllable with a soft/short-a sound (like apple). However, most Brits (and other English-speakers) typically pronounce the first syllable with the long-a sound (lay), due to the standard conventions of English (vowel+consonant+e).

by Anonymousreply 144April 12, 2024 10:12 PM

[quote]Grace then encountered Lilly (born female/ lesbian— I think) online, and they shared a clown fetish.

What assholes these people are.

by Anonymousreply 145April 12, 2024 10:54 PM

Grace's current work

[quote] in trans feminist studies is likewise focused on the belief that transition works; that it is truly possible to change sex.

How do you change "sex" (as opposed to gender) from male to female but then still impregnate a woman with your penis? No doubt there's some philosophical sleight-of-hand at work here.

by Anonymousreply 146April 12, 2024 11:15 PM

R123 But the best part is that they seem to think it's an accomplishment. Grace on twitter is looking for a musician to pair with "what NY Mag deems 1/3 of a Manhattan literary power throuple". Gag, don't believe your own press, dear. Don't believe the hype.

by Anonymousreply 147April 12, 2024 11:16 PM

Grace gets interviewed by the likes of (literary critics) Merve Emre and Elif Batuman, and is treated with the utmost respect, warmth, and even admiration by them. I also saw Grace interviewed on a TV news show once about something non-trans-related and also not related to his academic field. I think it was about the elite private school he attended back in Britain. He couldn't have been more male and domineering in the way he interacted with the (other) male guests and the show's host. He's undoubtedly not even aware of this.

by Anonymousreply 148April 12, 2024 11:21 PM

People can live in whatever sort of arrangements suit them. They can also be trans, I’m not a transphobe.

But this is all so profoundly performative — the desperation for attention is almost palpable. Can we just agree: These are extremely dull people who will do anything so that people will look at them.

by Anonymousreply 149April 12, 2024 11:24 PM

Yes R149. The dumb dog names weren't enough. The clown sex wasn't enough, the mistress was good, but not enough, now they have a kid. Ugly people who want attention.

by Anonymousreply 150April 12, 2024 11:31 PM

Well, we're talking about someone who thought "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Penis" was clever wordplay.

by Anonymousreply 151April 12, 2024 11:49 PM

I hate the way he writes at R113, with all the ellipses and the "likes." This is a fucking English professor?

by Anonymousreply 152April 13, 2024 3:15 PM

A Ronald Firbank wannabe, R152.

by Anonymousreply 153April 13, 2024 3:18 PM

A whimsical, cerebral, hip, professor! And don't you forget it!

by Anonymousreply 154April 13, 2024 3:18 PM

[quote]I hate the way he writes at [R113], with all the ellipses and the "likes." This is a fucking English professor?

To be fair, he should be judged on his academic writing and the books he's published (including his silly memoir), not on his casual tweets.

by Anonymousreply 155April 13, 2024 3:25 PM

Tiny Tim and Carrie Brownstein, being tragically hip. No sign of Snout Wrap, no doubt he's out toiling to pay for their fashionable problems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 13, 2024 3:26 PM

Is the one with the belly a woman being a woman, or some other permutation? Is that allowed?

by Anonymousreply 157April 13, 2024 3:28 PM

She's a woman, they need a woman to be the receptacle of his sperm and birth a baby. Later they can be a lesbian couple.

by Anonymousreply 158April 13, 2024 3:32 PM

As a non-academic, non-intellectual I will ask a few questions in the hopes that a DLer can answer. Why do these types always seem to be extremely weird, social misfits and seem to want to exist on another plane from other mere mortals and place themselves on pedestals? It seems academia andcthe literary/art world is full of them. Is it a form of autism? Many seem dumb despite arrogant, self-professed brilliance.

by Anonymousreply 159April 13, 2024 3:41 PM

He's "very public schoolly over the top," as someone once said about someone a bit like Grace. He attended an all-boys school, of which he continues to speak fondly.

He was also a guest on the "gender-critical" Heterodorx podcast:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160April 13, 2024 3:44 PM

They sound like kooky assholes.

by Anonymousreply 161April 13, 2024 3:47 PM

Watching Mallory hold her husband’s girlfriend’s new baby has achieved a new level of sad, stupid and pathetic. Who could ever have imagined Mallory being this cucked and humiliated by a narcissistic trans 8 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 162April 15, 2024 7:22 PM

I used to think Mal had dodged a bullet by not being pressured into marriage or motherhood in her 20’s, but now I’m not so sure. Now she’s just jumping in the same pond, but as only an accessory to her narc husband and his girlfriend. She’s getting the FDLS lifestyle, but with a gross trans guy in NYC. I guess she gets to have short hair and wear designer overalls instead of long hair, dresses and magic underwear. Still her life revolves around service to an insecure man, his sexual desires and she has sister wife whose child she’s expected to help raise.

by Anonymousreply 163April 15, 2024 8:55 PM

It was all fun and games until the child came. Now I give it a year before Mallory is pushed out of the trio. I cannot imagine Lily will be ok with Joe and Mal being referred to as the mom & dad in the long run. It seems cool and progressive now, but 6 months down the line after you've been up all night feeding the kid and dealing with a crying child? This drives even the sanest, most reasonable people to upset.

by Anonymousreply 164April 15, 2024 10:41 PM

Really not digging the 'finger in baby's mouth' and 'baby gives head' jokes. Can't really say, as a parent of a (then) newborn, I ever made those kinds of jokes.

by Anonymousreply 165April 15, 2024 10:47 PM

And now you have a baby to put in between your sordid tales online. Congrats! You didn't even wait a fucking day to post pics of your kid, who's unable to consent to being your fucking new prop. A 40 year old man knocking up his younger mistress is so fucking midlife crisis cliche. You definitely escaped the "boring married heteronormative" life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166April 15, 2024 10:54 PM

R159. I’m a gay man and spent all of my adult life in academia. I’ve noticed these twee assholes tend to be at elitist hothouse institutions that indulge their weird antisocial selves. Places that actually care about students and learning would kick them to the curb after theirs review and students would vote with their feet. They are tedious empty shells.

by Anonymousreply 167April 15, 2024 11:28 PM

The latest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 16, 2024 12:52 AM

From R168

[quote]this is the RAW, UNCENSORED t-shirt that Lily was wearing when we did our photoshoot for the magazine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 16, 2024 1:02 AM

God, they're so tiresome. And Joe, way to sell pics of your baby's first day on earth to a tabloid like the Fail. Scumbag. "Pics of my husband holding my baby and looking hot, but don't worry, I'll keep the filth flowing" Is there anything this man won't do for publicity? And someone on IG called the mistress, "the birther." Jfc.

by Anonymousreply 170April 16, 2024 2:05 AM

"I FUCK TO CUM, NOT TO CONCEIVE"

Ooh, so edgy. In 1975, that is. Anyhoo, have fun with all that breastfeeding and childcare while the Penised Person Who Totally Isn't A Man is navel-gazing and pontificating.

by Anonymousreply 171April 16, 2024 2:57 AM

They all live in a 3rd or 4th floor walk up. 2 bedrooms. How very grim.

by Anonymousreply 172April 16, 2024 3:00 AM

The fact they took a baby, a one week old, on a fucking road trip is obnoxious. The only sensible thing to do would have been for Joe to go to Baltimore alone, do his speaking engagement, and get back ASAP. I bet they weren't willing to do that because Lily and Mal did not want to be left alone together. What a liberated power throuple these clowns are!

They are also the type of assholes that will have no problem inflicting their fussy child on the general public. Why sit home with a crying baby when they can sit in a restaurant or cafe with a crying baby? Or board a plane or train with one? Joe and Lily living life while Dobby the house elf swathes her head in a t-shirt and shuffles off to bed early.

He used to always post about how lame breeders are, and now...I hope the kid is like Alex P. Keaton.

by Anonymousreply 173April 16, 2024 3:15 AM

Allegedly they pay over $5k a month for the privilege, R172/rescuechick

by Anonymousreply 174April 16, 2024 5:31 PM

Joe is aging like milk left in the sun.

by Anonymousreply 175April 16, 2024 5:35 PM

Don't talk about my baby, who I put on social media, unless it's to kiss my ass and call me a MILF!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 16, 2024 7:07 PM

I don’t think Mal would have any problem getting pregnant if she stopped T for a year.

I’ve wondered if she was a bit gobsmacked by the news Lilly and Joe wanted a baby. Joe was certainly selling her on how awful breeders are and how awesome the adult queer LGBT orgy erotic childless city lifestyle was. Mal buys into it wholesale. Now she’s Daniel. Now she’s moving to NYC and buying a ballgag. Now she’s cool with a polycule ….and then she’s told that Joe and Lilly are trying for a baby!

But she can leave anytime, and I hope she does.

by Anonymousreply 177April 16, 2024 8:25 PM

R173 I’m sure it said in the article that Lily puts a desk out in the building hallway to work and will be hanging the baby’sbassinet on the outside of the apartment door while she works. Using the hallway as her own office. Their poor neighbors!

by Anonymousreply 178April 16, 2024 8:31 PM

Dear Prudence,

I don’t know what to do. My husband and I got married several years ago, and after we got married he said let’s get tattoos together like a movie star couple! I’ll get one on my ass and you’ll get one on your face! He dressed up like a clown and dressed me like a mechanic and off we went to the local tat parlor.

We did it! I got “loser” tattooed on my face and he got “I love pancakes” tattooed on his butt. He picked them both as a special gift to me. “This is like permanent jewelry for you from me. You’ll always have a reminder that you’re mine,” he said, in a strange falsetto that I’d never heard him use before.

It was so much fun, we were laughing the whole time and I never felt so close to him. We had some tripe and Mayo sandwiches that he made and some day old creamhorns for dessert. Of course he made me giggle by calling them cumhorns.

Right after that though he started sleeping with a woman who doesn’t have any tattoos! It was like once I got the tattoo on my face he didn’t like how I looked anymore! He struggles to get an erection and he even wrote a book that had a chapter about his lack of a good erection. I felt so embarrassed like everyone knows now.

Then the new girlfriend moved into our house and now she sleeps in our small bed. It’s so stressful. I can’t get a good night’s sleep and sometimes they wake up and do it there next to me and I have to wrap a shirt around my head. He seems to be able to have an erection daily with her. I’ve seen it when I peek out of my t shirt durag.

Anyway, they had a baby. 😭. They keep telling me I’m the best nanny in the world, but I feel really ugly and sad. I wish I had my own baby and a husband all to myself. I’m scared I’m going to scare the baby and I’m scared they will leave me and I will have no one. My husband keeps calling his new girlfriend a goddess and commenting on her creamy face skin. “Your skin is flawless” he says. It’s like he knows I’m nearby and he says it to hurt me because my face isn’t flawless anymore.

I don’t know what to do or where to go. If I leave now it will be really embarrassing publicly. If I stay, I’m a cuck. I’ve thought about getting my large face tattoo removed but I made such a big deal about getting it, I’m afraid people will mock me behind my back.

How do I get out of this mess? What if the tattoo can’t be fully removed and I look terrible the rest of my life?

I was once a pretty girl, talented, had friends and family and dreams. Now I’m stuck with a man who hates me. Oh and also? The new girlfriend got a tattoo on her butt to match my husband’s that also says “I love pancakes.” Periodically they do a “booty tattoo bump” and laugh about it. They say, “Booty tat bump!” And then bump their butts. They laugh and tell me to join in by tapping my “loser” tattoo on their pancake tattoos for a throuple tattoo bump but I don’t want to bump my head against their butts. A few times I did and I feel funny. Almost like they want me to be their puppy or something. I found some puppy masks in the closet and asked if I could wear it sometimes instead of my shirt on my head.

“What? Yeah sure I don’t care what you do,” my husband said, as his girlfriend drilled into his butt with her strap on and he cooed.

“Oh my god, stop talking,” the new girlfriend said, “Can’t you see we’re busy, you loser?”

I’m in way over my head and if I have to eat another nasty pickle made by my husband, I don’t know what I’ll do.

How do I remind myself of my own talent and beauty? How do I get free? How do I remove this face tattoo? Help!

Face tat girl

by Anonymousreply 179April 16, 2024 9:46 PM

I honestly hope they aren't using this kid for publicity or, God forbid, grooming it for some other purpose. I see lots of stories of their "non-gendered, rainbow" child in the future. The kid won't have a choice in it.

by Anonymousreply 180April 17, 2024 8:40 AM

Unwrap the Snout! Simply said, fuck you Choire Sicha. And then some.

by Anonymousreply 181April 17, 2024 8:55 AM

I’ve always wondered how Mallory would describe that fist in her mouth photo. I’m sure it would involve thanking Joe for pushing her boundaries and exploring her suppressed kinky S&M desires because Joe would be sitting next to her.

The trans shield has worked really well for Joe. If any other woman had gotten involved with a man and she then proceeded to shun her family, shun former friends, get married, move across the country, start posting degrading sex photos of herself, he starts posting about orgies and group sex he’s enjoying, he moves in a new girlfriend and then new girlfriend has a baby. At almost any point in that timeline friends and family would be very concerned and pulling her aside to help her see she was in a controlling, shitty relationship.

But because some gender swapping nonsense is going on it’s all waved away as empowering and progressive. Ironically if you just changed the aesthetics it actually most closely resembles the lifestyle of Saudi Arabia or a FDLS sect member. I guess polygamy has bad branding, so just rebrand it as a throuple or polycule!

by Anonymousreply 182April 18, 2024 5:06 AM

I hope you've added this to the comments section, r182, if you haven't already. Well said.

by Anonymousreply 183April 18, 2024 5:36 PM

Radioactive bohemian white trash

by Anonymousreply 184April 18, 2024 5:45 PM

"I fuck to...cum...?" while pregnant? Keep it classy. I wonder how they're all doing with Joe's mom still there too. In a smallish space to begin with, and now the mother-in-law is there, but Mallory doesn't even get any of the glory of at least being the new mom. So she has to put up with this shit and is displaced too. She has her new book coming out soon, maybe she will finally decide to leave. I wonder if she could still get pregnant, or if she even wants to.

by Anonymousreply 185April 18, 2024 6:35 PM

This is nothing short of madness.

by Anonymousreply 186April 18, 2024 7:45 PM

What is Daniel's income compared to the professorial salaries of the other two? Are they high-paid celebrity professors, or just the usual low six figures (and high five figures in the case of Michigan State)?

by Anonymousreply 187April 18, 2024 8:24 PM

UC Berkeley's compensation figures are public (if a couple years outdated) and Grace gets no special treatment on the salary front. She also spends like Imelda Marcos, so this throuple with expand as a matter of necessity until they land an easily-exploitable trust fund kid who can put them all up in lavish digs so their salaries can go completely toward Gucci, garish makeup and t-shirts from Hot Topic.

by Anonymousreply 188April 18, 2024 8:37 PM

Those are three of the FUGLIEST people ever

by Anonymousreply 189April 18, 2024 8:41 PM

Mallory was cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 18, 2024 10:56 PM

Fun little thought experiment: imagine the reaction in an outlet like The Cut if a man rather than a trans woman moved his girlfriend into his house a year after getting married and then got her pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 191April 19, 2024 2:49 PM

I don't understand the Mallory, now cosplaying a man(?), and the fug guy's, cosplaying as a woman((?), relationship. Master/slave, she's a maid? What? He doesn't have sex with her but they all share a bed? Seems like the ugly guy and the pregnant chick are in the sexual relationship and the ex-Mallory is a servant/whipped dog. Whatever it is, it sounds abusive.

I'm really confused. Explain, please.

by Anonymousreply 192April 19, 2024 3:17 PM

Yeah I think you nailed it R192. Mallory was very in love with Joe and willing to do anything for him, including humiliate herself in this fashion, letting his mistress move in.

How do they know the baby is a boy? for everyone else in the world, it's just a guess, an arbitrary assignation by doctors, and nothing to actually swear to. But in this case, it is a boy and look, it's got Joe's last name too! How lucky the first child is an heir and can pass down the family name, cause it could have gone either way, the doc could have assigned the baby to be a girl.

by Anonymousreply 193April 19, 2024 3:24 PM

R192 to be honest, I’m not sure it’s explainable if you’re trying to get your head around it as an at least somewhat rational person.

by Anonymousreply 194April 19, 2024 4:09 PM

Daniel née Mallory is the breadwinner, not the maid, as far as I can tell.

by Anonymousreply 195April 19, 2024 5:22 PM

In this case, the breadwinner and the maid.

by Anonymousreply 196April 20, 2024 4:29 AM

"Oh what sparkling good fun! An evening with the Laverys!"

by Anonymousreply 197April 20, 2024 6:57 AM

So, Joe gets to pass on both his first and last names, while the two women's names disappear. But not just that: he also gets to take the word "mother" from Lily, as they've conveniently decided that the baby will refer to Grace as his mother and Lily will be "Lala" instead.

Being a transwoman really is the best of both worlds. No wonder it's so popular among narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 198April 20, 2024 2:26 PM

Free Mallory.

by Anonymousreply 199April 20, 2024 4:41 PM

Tee hee, Cuntz! A man in not a wig and lipstick would be called out for saying that, but our lovely lady professor can say it because she's a girl too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200April 28, 2024 10:31 PM

[quote] our lovely lady professor with a working penis can say it because she's a girl too

FIFY.

by Anonymousreply 201April 28, 2024 10:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!