Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I want to be Underwhelmed—Blossom 🌸 Edition

The need to be underwhelmed rises in direct proportion to public anxiety. Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 252May 1, 2024 8:33 PM

Where were we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2024 12:20 PM

Woah!

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2024 1:04 PM

I can't decide whether I want to make a roast for dinner or eggplant.

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2024 1:08 PM

Thought I was overwhelmed by the lower stance of the new 2024 Prius, but now I considering it as the replacement for my 2008 Prius. Want a Prime model and these are scarce apparently. This whelms me.

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2024 1:18 PM

More Tillamook ice cream flavors reviewed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2024 5:04 PM

Watching Oppenheimer. Too long and not particularly gripping, although I do appreciate he was not just a boring science nerd. He liked to fuck. And his wife was a bit batshit.

by Anonymousreply 6April 13, 2024 3:50 AM

Re-employed, but poor until payday. I can’t afford vape juice, so I’m back to smoking tobacco. One lighter has a flint, but no butane. Another has fluid, but a broken flint. The tobacco is loose, so I’m smoking a pipe.

A stronger person would simply quit. Instead, I light one lighter with another and then light up.

by Anonymousreply 7April 13, 2024 3:59 PM

That’s quite dedicated, r7.

by Anonymousreply 8April 13, 2024 4:24 PM

I missed the farmers market today. I wanted to get lettuce and micro greens for my salad.

by Anonymousreply 9April 13, 2024 4:49 PM

My sous vide egg bite maker cost me $29.99.

I didn’t want to do the work to use it today and considered buying the packaged bites which cost $5.99.

By an heroic effort of self control, I bought 12 eggs for $6.99 instead. I’m sure a cost benefit will eventually be realized here. Maybe it already has been. I do use the cute little machine frequently.

I’ll stop here. This whole issue is whelmier than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 10April 13, 2024 5:05 PM

I don't think that's a true sous vide, but sounds interesting. Let us know how your first batch came out.

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2024 5:35 PM

I've never heard of a marionberry.

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2024 6:51 PM

I should get off the couch and clean the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2024 6:52 PM

[quote]I've never heard of a marionberry.

They're named for the late longtime mayor of D.C.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2024 7:14 PM

This morning I had my weekly Jimmy Dean Sausage, Egg and Cheese Croissant Breakfast Sandwich.

Rather than microwaving it as usual, I followed the instructions of a woman on YouTube and made in the air fryer. I like it better in the air fryer and this shall be the method I use going forward.

by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2024 9:50 PM

I was watching Big Bang Theory Bloopers on YouTube and there was one with Kathy Bates. She kept flubbing the same line and Jim Parsons jokingly and sweetly said "I've always dreamed of working with Kathy Bates" to which she replied, "Bite me". 🤣

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2024 11:15 PM

I was watching a few of these sped-up cleaning / decluttering videos and got off the couch to vacuum, etc.

by Anonymousreply 17April 14, 2024 12:50 AM

Filed my taxes today. Don't know why I wait until the last days since I almost always get a refund. Just lazy, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 18April 14, 2024 1:02 AM

I went today to pick up my tax paperwork with the intention of going to a nearby deli to get a sandwich. My accountant ended up talking my ear off for a half an hour and the deli guy was locking the door.

Nearly whelmed by the unfortunate timing, I decided to go to the grocery store to pick up a few things. An unplanned trip to a supermarket on a Saturday could very easily overwhelm me but there was no line at the deli counter and plenty of cashiers.

When I got home and was making my sandwich, I was so impressed with how neatly each piece of roast beef was sliced, folded, and stacked on the paper before being wrapped up. Clearly by someone who takes great pride in his work. That kid is going places, I tell you!

by Anonymousreply 19April 14, 2024 1:28 AM

My local supermarket makes good deli sandwiches. You can get stuff like artichokes on it. I wonder how Jersey Mike's (opened very closeby) affected the deli business.

by Anonymousreply 20April 14, 2024 2:30 AM

A Youtuber called Japan Eat makes tons of Shorts and some longer videos about food in Japan. He's funny and I really enjoy him. I make note of all the restaurants he visits as if I'm actually going to Japan. It's just a pipe dream. Recently he ate cream puffs in Kobe, Japan and I made special note of that place in my little fantasy world.

by Anonymousreply 21April 14, 2024 5:42 PM

Fuck. I fucked up my taxes. I owe a $49 underpayment penalty which for some reason the tax prep software isn’t including in my total due. 🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 22April 14, 2024 6:36 PM

I had my taxes done by a real, live tax accountant this year and I just got a notice from the state that I'm not getting the full refund she filed on my account. At first I was pissed that I paid her $270 to complete my taxes and the amounts weren't correct. Later, I decided WTF; I still got money refunded, just not as much as claimed. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 23April 14, 2024 6:44 PM

I made too much mediterranean rice and now I have to look up recipes on what to do with leftover rice. Maybe I'll make croquettes.

by Anonymousreply 24April 14, 2024 6:52 PM

The chicken in my Cobb Salad for brunch was tasty as was the Bloody Mary. My first drink of 2024.

by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2024 1:13 AM

I'm taking my dog for a grooming appointment tomorrow but she doesn't know that.

by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2024 1:37 AM

[quote] I made too much mediterranean rice and now I have to look up recipes on what to do with leftover rice.

How about getting some grape leaves and making dolmas? My mom did that. She knows nothing about Mediterranean food, but she made some pilaf, bought some grape leaves, and rolled them up. Surprisingly good.

by Anonymousreply 27April 15, 2024 2:44 AM

My new suitcase (my first 4-wheeler / spinner) doesn't have as much packing space as my old 2-wheeler had. They were technically the same size: 21-inch (largest carry-on for int'l flights - 22-inch is the largest for domestic).

by Anonymousreply 28April 15, 2024 2:59 AM

This is my first foray into an underwhelm thread and man, this one really delivered. I enjoy the nonsequitors very much. Well done, you.

I vacuumed both bedrooms this weekend after not doing it for a very long time. It always amazes me that even though I can’t see the exact results, there’s a definite uptick in the serenity of the rooms. Quite whelming, actually.

I got my taxes done at the last minute today. Was sort of pleased that I’m not getting a refund. I owed less than $40 to the federal guvmint, and $3 to the commonwealth.

I thought about playing I Woke Up in Love This Morning at my wedding reception someday. I’m not even dating anyone so no one need worry about that lapse in taste.

by Anonymousreply 29April 15, 2024 3:17 AM

I saw Civil War to cheer myself up.

by Anonymousreply 30April 15, 2024 4:53 AM

I wanted to go see Civil War or The First Omen but no one wanted to go with me. Maybe next weekend.

by Anonymousreply 31April 15, 2024 5:03 AM

Bitch set me up!

by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2024 7:01 AM

My back is itchy.

by Anonymousreply 33April 15, 2024 11:39 AM

I’m having my 6th or 7th (I’ll ask when I’m there) Covid booster shot this morning at the doc’s office.

by Anonymousreply 34April 15, 2024 12:55 PM

Thank you to the end-of-thread posters who encouraged me to lose weight on my own.

To the poster who suggested cooking classes, I'm already a pretty good cook. I actually do better without too many choices.

I'm starting today. Wish me luck!! I'll keep you posted on my progress; maybe on one of weight loss threads we had last year.

by Anonymousreply 35April 15, 2024 1:10 PM

I finally watch Barbie. It was disappointingly superficial. Will Ferrel was wasted. Corporate executives should not be sympathetic characters, but Mattel produced the movie and put itself in the middle of it, so they had no choice.

by Anonymousreply 36April 15, 2024 1:36 PM

I feel lazy today.

by Anonymousreply 37April 15, 2024 1:52 PM

Last day on a lovely short break in España. 🇪🇸

by Anonymousreply 38April 15, 2024 2:34 PM

[quote] Will Ferrel was wasted.

That explains it.

by Anonymousreply 39April 15, 2024 2:40 PM

I'm out of Post-it notes.

Maybe I should order bright neon-colored ones instead of my usual yellow.

I don't know, I'll decide later.

by Anonymousreply 40April 15, 2024 3:14 PM

A boast: I just completed a “Puzzle 5” from the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament.

In the words of its author: “And then there’s Puzzle 5. The evil, evil Puzzle 5. The impasse to any and all positive solving momentum up to that point. It’s designed to be truly impenetrable on purpose, to separate the elite solvers from the rest of the pack. Think a Thursday-plus-plus theme gimmick combined with Saturday-plus-plus cluing. Oh, and you have only 30 minutes to finish the whole thing. The vast majority of solvers come nowhere close.”

I came nowhere close in 30 minutes, but I persisted and completed it.

by Anonymousreply 41April 15, 2024 3:58 PM

It is entirely possible to eat five eggs if you smoosh them up into egg salad with tomatoes and romaine on the side.

by Anonymousreply 42April 15, 2024 4:18 PM

I just looked at my delicious taint

by Anonymousreply 43April 15, 2024 9:49 PM

It got up to 76 degrees today in my neck of the Northeast.

by Anonymousreply 44April 15, 2024 9:53 PM

It’s 85 degrees here!

by Anonymousreply 45April 15, 2024 9:55 PM

My new dog is a punk. I’m not used to living with a teenager. And I think there is some pittie in there. I knew knew knew I was going to do penance for hating on pitties so much. I’m glad he won’t get any bigger.

by Anonymousreply 46April 16, 2024 7:02 AM

Pocket pittie punk

by Anonymousreply 47April 16, 2024 7:05 AM

I made guacamole and ate too much. Now my stomach hurts

by Anonymousreply 48April 16, 2024 7:12 AM

I made a whole lemon poundcake.

by Anonymousreply 49April 16, 2024 7:48 AM

[italic]♫Ooh sugar pie, honey bunch, you know that I love you, I can't help myself, I love you and nobody else....♫[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 50April 16, 2024 12:32 PM

Was too rainy and cold to spend a long layover walking around Amsterdam. :/

by Anonymousreply 51April 16, 2024 1:35 PM

I haven't had sparkling water for five days. I feel less bloated and gassy.

by Anonymousreply 52April 16, 2024 4:01 PM

I had an overwhelming urge to listen to Linda Ronstadt today. So I did.

by Anonymousreply 53April 16, 2024 7:52 PM

I had a craving for hot dogs cut up in Cambell’s pork and beans. So I made it and put guldens mustard on it…..but it doesn’t taste anything like i remembered..

by Anonymousreply 54April 16, 2024 9:26 PM

I can’t eat lettuce on sandwiches anymore. No longer agrees with me.

by Anonymousreply 55April 16, 2024 9:27 PM

Yesterday evening I was driv8ng home on eastern Long Island and a bald eagle was flying over Sunrise Highway. First time I’ve ever seen one IRL.

by Anonymousreply 56April 16, 2024 9:29 PM

A friend is getting married and she has to be the center of attention all the time. She just tried to derail someone else’s birthday. Just thinking about it makes me sleepy.

by Anonymousreply 57April 16, 2024 9:56 PM

I cleaned the inside of my car.

by Anonymousreply 58April 16, 2024 10:03 PM

I just watched Episodes 1 thru 3 of The Beverly Hillbillies Season 1. Granny wasn't wearing glasses; they must have added those later on in the first season. All three episodes were sponsored by Kellogg's of Battle Creek.

by Anonymousreply 59April 17, 2024 2:39 AM

I’d reply, “Thank you. I’ve had sufficient.”

by Anonymousreply 60April 17, 2024 2:48 AM

^wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 61April 17, 2024 2:49 AM

[quote]I had a craving for hot dogs cut up in Cambell’s pork and beans. So I made it and put guldens mustard on it…..but it doesn’t taste anything like i remembered..

Perhaps a better quality brand of pork and beans would have helped. I always thought Campbell's beans taste sort of vile.

by Anonymousreply 62April 17, 2024 2:57 AM

Van Camp's or nothing.

by Anonymousreply 63April 17, 2024 12:53 PM

I know I'm bored when I start scrounging around my emergency food stash. That's my supply of processed, shelf stable food with long expirations dates that I keep in the pantry for weather emergencies. I just found some Dole fruit cups that are in some kind of cherry gel (jello) that don't expire until December 2024. I just ate one, not bad, I may have another.

by Anonymousreply 64April 17, 2024 5:04 PM

Jill Jones day!

by Anonymousreply 65April 17, 2024 5:59 PM

Salad Salad salad 🥗

by Anonymousreply 66April 17, 2024 6:23 PM

I won $55 on the state Lotto.

by Anonymousreply 67April 17, 2024 6:29 PM

I've decided to cancel my gym membership. I like the gym but $400+ month is pretty steep. Plus they are closed between 11:30 am and 3:30 pm weekly and Sundays. I may join Planet Fitness so that I can go whenever I want to.

by Anonymousreply 68April 17, 2024 6:36 PM

Is Don Cheadle gay?

by Anonymousreply 69April 17, 2024 11:59 PM

The Windex Wipes I used to do some quick cleaning of mirrors today left streaks. I need to stick to my good old fashioned Sprayway Glass Cleaner and microfiber cloths. Cutting corners never results in a quality finished product.

by Anonymousreply 70April 18, 2024 12:41 AM

Water and vinegar leave no streaks on glass.

by Anonymousreply 71April 18, 2024 1:12 AM

I’m watching Seinfeld. It’s the one with Kathy Griffin doing her stand up act about Jerry Seinfeld is the devil. She was so cute back then.

by Anonymousreply 72April 18, 2024 2:19 AM

I'm rewatching Downton Abbey for the umpteenth time and am on the final season.

Henry constantly saying "I like cars" makes him sound developmentally disabled.

by Anonymousreply 73April 18, 2024 2:28 AM

I had a liverwurst sandwich today. I'm sure I'm the only person who loves it.

by Anonymousreply 74April 18, 2024 2:38 AM

Nope, R74, me too.

by Anonymousreply 75April 18, 2024 4:06 AM

[quote]I want to be Underwhelmed—Blossom 🌸 Edition

That flower 🌸 is used on social media by anti-vaxxers, patriots and QAnon loons to identify themselves. Does everybody know that?

by Anonymousreply 76April 18, 2024 4:13 AM

I can still remember the smell of liverwurst sandwiches in the lunchroom of my elementary school in the 70s. Not my favorite but definitely a lunchbox staple for many kids.

by Anonymousreply 77April 18, 2024 4:17 AM

My locker room in 3rd grade was above the boiler room. My liverwurst and scrambled egg sandwiches became sentient by lunch period and I refused to eat them. The teacher made me do a weekly clean out of my locker.

by Anonymousreply 78April 18, 2024 4:24 AM

Wow, Cosmo, glad you canceled that membership. I can think of a lot I can do with $400 per month. I spend $400 to $500 on food.

No, I didn’t know that the cherry blossom emojis are used for those kinds of signals. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 79April 18, 2024 11:13 AM

I have a craving for orange slices. Not the fruit, the chewy candy.

Problem is I can't control myself around them. I keep them in the freezer and eat them not fully thawed and very cold. I like the Zachary brand, image below. I wish they sold them in small individual packages and not just in 32 oz. tubs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 18, 2024 4:51 PM

I am pro liverwurst, myself.

I am also pro vinegar 100% strength to clean glass, mirrors, windows, but you have to wipe the surface until it's dry to avoid streaks.

by Anonymousreply 81April 18, 2024 5:55 PM

I just use plain water / fine mist spray and a dry microfiber towel to clean mirrors. I think it would work on windows, on the inside, at least.

by Anonymousreply 82April 18, 2024 7:17 PM

I just realized I have no heat. It's a bit chilly in here today, and 46 F outside. I considered not placing a service call but nighttime temps will be in the low 30s over the next 10 days so I better get someone here to fix it.

by Anonymousreply 83April 18, 2024 7:22 PM

[quote]I have a craving for orange slices. Not the fruit, the chewy candy.

They're sugar bombs, but I love them, too. I can't keep them in the house because I have no willpower.

by Anonymousreply 84April 18, 2024 7:35 PM

I had a blueberry turnover today. Heavenly.

by Anonymousreply 85April 19, 2024 12:40 AM

I’m watching SVU and barely listening so I’m creating a scenario in my head where Julia Louis Dreyfus takes over the Olivia Benson role and she plays it just like Elaine. Like she says to a victim “Can you… elaborate?” The way she’d say it to Kramer. And I’m having a pleasant enough time.

by Anonymousreply 86April 19, 2024 1:24 AM

I'm trying to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes that I've had since I was in elementary school. I tried hyaluronic eye cream and it burned the fuck out of my skin.

I guess they're hereditary and I'll have to live with them.

by Anonymousreply 87April 19, 2024 1:36 AM

My severe dark circles disappeared after I had food allergy testing done.

Turns out I was allergic to almonds. At the time I was drinking almond milk, eating almond butter and kept almonds in my desk drawer for afternoon snack. As soon as I stopped ingesting almonds, my dark circles disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 88April 19, 2024 1:39 AM

I got out of the shower and the garbage disposal was running. I live alone, one door with deadbolt, windows closed and locked, no cat, dog short like dachshund, would have gone nuts and barked, checked everywhere with pepper spray in hand, lots of stuff and not many hiding places, nothing taken. Had to run into kitchen to flip switch off. No extra keys anywhere or to anyone. Rather overwhelming but I didn’t know where else to put it.

by Anonymousreply 89April 19, 2024 6:33 AM

Half-open switch last time you used the disposal. Vibration jarred it closed.

by Anonymousreply 90April 19, 2024 9:37 AM

Bubbies Mochi Ice Cream was BOGO. I got one box of Pistachio and one box of Mango. I've never had these before so I don't know if they are good. I'll report back after I have one of each flavor.

by Anonymousreply 91April 19, 2024 11:58 AM

President Lyndon B. Johnson drank a lot of Fresca per some guy on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 92April 19, 2024 2:59 PM

I ate all the aforementioned Dole Fruit Cups.

Now if there is a power outage this summer due to hurricanes and such, I shall be fruit cupless.

I have no one to blame but myself for this predicament.

by Anonymousreply 93April 19, 2024 5:11 PM

Beef roasts were BOGO so I ate roast, Beef stir fry, BBQ beef sandwiches, and steak tacos this week.

by Anonymousreply 94April 19, 2024 5:28 PM

Oh, ok R90.

by Anonymousreply 95April 19, 2024 6:53 PM

I got yelled at for paying cash at one of those lunch places that fills up every storefront in NYC these days.

Apparently you’re supposed to pay only with your phone now.

by Anonymousreply 96April 19, 2024 9:12 PM

Perhaps the BOGO troll could start its own thread so we don’t deprive the rest of Datalounge of its fascinating posts.

by Anonymousreply 97April 19, 2024 9:13 PM

[quote] My severe dark circles disappeared after I had food allergy testing done. Turns out I was allergic to almonds. At the time I was drinking almond milk, eating almond butter and kept almonds in my desk drawer for afternoon snack. As soon as I stopped ingesting almonds, my dark circles disappeared.

Now that’s useful.

by Anonymousreply 98April 19, 2024 9:15 PM

If you want fascinating posts, try another thread, gentle r97.

by Anonymousreply 99April 19, 2024 9:15 PM

[quote] That flower 🌸 is used on social media by anti-vaxxers, patriots and QAnon loons to identify themselves. Does everybody know that?

All three? Seems confusing.

by Anonymousreply 100April 19, 2024 9:16 PM

Obviously I don’t want fascinating, but there’s a lot of room between fascinating and daily BOGO updates.

by Anonymousreply 101April 19, 2024 9:17 PM

No there is not.

by Anonymousreply 102April 19, 2024 9:22 PM

You're not the boss of me, r97!

Also, it's not daily updates, it's weekly updates on Fridays when I do my food shopping (sometimes Thursday).

Did I mention DeCecco pasta was also BOGO today and I got two deals! Two cavatappi, one fusilli and one rigatoni. I would have preferred penne instead of rigatoni but they were out. [bold]sticks tongue out at Mr. CrankyPants r97[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 103April 19, 2024 9:30 PM

I bet the top Bing search is "Google".

by Anonymousreply 104April 19, 2024 9:46 PM

[quote] Also, it's not daily updates, it's weekly updates

r91, r94

I’m only suggesting you share your posts more widely.

by Anonymousreply 105April 19, 2024 10:14 PM

r105, I am r91 but I am NOT r94 and his beef roasts.

by Anonymousreply 106April 19, 2024 10:22 PM

They’re proliferating!

by Anonymousreply 107April 19, 2024 10:36 PM

I accidentally bought tiramisu flavored Oreos and I’m not quite sure how I feel about them.

by Anonymousreply 108April 20, 2024 3:47 AM

The local Trump “store” in my wide open small town has opened in a brick and mortar. It used to be in a pop-up tent.

by Anonymousreply 109April 20, 2024 5:43 AM

Roast beef sounds good right now.

by Anonymousreply 110April 20, 2024 5:47 AM

R110, I want a deli slicer; my arm is so Mary that it doesn’t cut anything straight.

by Anonymousreply 111April 20, 2024 6:24 AM

Cooking up potatoes and mashing them before they go off. I hate wasting food.

by Anonymousreply 112April 20, 2024 12:03 PM

What’s a wide open town?

by Anonymousreply 113April 20, 2024 12:06 PM

My next-door neighbor looks like Lord Grantham from Downton Abbey and his wife looks like Joyce Bulifant from Match Game.

by Anonymousreply 114April 20, 2024 12:31 PM

That’s quite a couple.

Joyce Bulifant has much, much more on her resumé than Match Game, though.

by Anonymousreply 115April 20, 2024 12:54 PM

Yes, she does, R115. She stole my husband.

by Anonymousreply 116April 20, 2024 5:53 PM

Not on Joyce Bulifant's résumé: Carol on "The Brady Bunch," for which she had been considered until Florence Henderson entered the picture.

by Anonymousreply 117April 20, 2024 7:18 PM

I have two packages and I can’t see who they’re addressed to. We have 3 people in this house. We all order online. Why has packaging shrunk and hidden the name and address of the person it’s addressed to?

by Anonymousreply 118April 20, 2024 8:22 PM

Sometimes I am appalled at my own grammar, punctuation, and syntax errors here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 119April 20, 2024 8:27 PM

Sometimes I laugh at my own shit

by Anonymousreply 120April 20, 2024 10:54 PM

I wish I lived in Midsomer. So many fetes. There’s always something to do. Harvest, summer solstice, winter solstice, Shakespeare festival, flower show, medieval fair, bicycle race, ghost walk, pub quiz…

by Anonymousreply 121April 21, 2024 12:12 AM

There has never been a serial killer of bad packaging designers.

Nobody makes an effort these days.

by Anonymousreply 122April 21, 2024 12:31 AM

Just did a couple of loads of laundry and my Samsung washer and dryer played their happy little tune at the end of the cycles. This reminded me of a bizarre incident a couple of years ago.

A friend of mine asked if I could throw some handyman work the way of a friend of his father who was having tough times. He assured me that although older, the guy was competent, liberal, blah blah....

So I called guy over to give me a price for some very MINOR tasks in my laundry room and spare bedroom. Salty old guy arrives, gives me judgmental stink eye and proceeds to give me an outrageous price for these inconsequential tasks a teenager could do. Tasks I didn't really even need done anyway, just trying to help out. I tell him the high price is not commensurate with the work. He does the tired old "tell you what I'm gonna do for you" and cuts price in half which is closer to what it should be. I agree to the lower price.

I ran a load of laundry while he worked in the laundry room. When he finished and I was paying him, he said he wanted the higher price he first quoted because if I could afford a washer and dryer "that played music", I could afford to pay him more. I declined, paid him the agreed upon lower reasonable price and wished him a happy life as we would not be crossing paths again.

That's my Samsung appliances play a happy tune story.

by Anonymousreply 123April 21, 2024 3:59 PM

I’m on my heating pad again

by Anonymousreply 124April 21, 2024 4:07 PM

I describe my wide open small town on the Eldergays How Have You Adjusted …. thread about crime.

by Anonymousreply 125April 21, 2024 11:06 PM

227 is on

by Anonymousreply 126April 22, 2024 12:30 AM

For the dark eye circle suffer, have you had blood work done? I had them, too. I tried every concealer under the sun ('m female) but nothing worked. Had blood work done and found out I was anemic. I was prescribed iron vitamins by my doctor. They are gone now and I no longer need the iron pills as I take a multi-vitamin for women 50+.

I've decided to take advantage of Empire Today's flooring sale. Having all of my floors (kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and wall-to-wall carpet) replaced for $7500. I will use my gym membership money to pay towards that and take advantage of walking in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Then I'll join Planet Fitness. As an AARP member, I can join PF for $28/month with no enrollment fee.

by Anonymousreply 127April 22, 2024 12:47 PM

They’re the hottest videos on the internet

Plexidern

by Anonymousreply 128April 22, 2024 12:56 PM

I just got a frost warning here in southern NY from NWS. Right after I read a gardening sub on Reddit where someone up in Canada wanted to know if the 30F temperature was responsible for her drooping tomato plant…and BTW, she also said, “It’s going to be the same temps for a few days.”

Why do people actively ignore Grow Zone/Frost Date maps? (Canada as well as the US have them). Do they wake up on the first warm and sunny day of the year and say, “Must be time to plant tomatoes outside! Yessirree, winter’s over for good. We’re going to have Mediterranean weather from now until October.”

I don’t plant until May 22nd. Some years my hydrangeas don’t flower because of frosts in early-mid in May.

If you want to garden and have no experience and no knowledge, do yourself a favor and take a look at the grow maps as one of the very first things you do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 22, 2024 7:53 PM

I walked up the alternate stairway, walked down a hallway and was hit by the strong odor of jizz coming from a specific apartment.

The apartment is kind of close to the floor’s garbage chute, so I’m going to throw things away all afternoon in the hope of getting a closer look at the emitter.

by Anonymousreply 130April 22, 2024 9:44 PM

I casually mentioned to my parents that Led Zeppellin plagiarised many of their most famous songs, and I think I've just officially ruined their lives. I just assumed they knew. I thought it was common knowledge nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 131April 22, 2024 9:48 PM

I didn’t know that.

by Anonymousreply 132April 22, 2024 10:05 PM

I saw someone today I haven’t seen since before the pandemic. The intervening years have not been kind. At 86 he seemed invincible. At 91, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 133April 22, 2024 10:53 PM

R133 what about your ugly ass?

by Anonymousreply 134April 22, 2024 10:56 PM

R130 the smell of onions cooking/cooked can be very pungent and akin to jizz. I know because I recently thought there was a fat old man whore at the pub but he wasn't the offender. It was pizza night. And you mentioned the garbage chute.

by Anonymousreply 135April 23, 2024 12:14 AM

I went for a 30-minute walk today and used the walking poles I bought about a year ago. It was a pretty good workout. Only got a few weird looks from my neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 136April 23, 2024 1:13 AM

Update:

I mentioned in the previous Underwhelmed thread that I had fallen down a rabbit hole of watching The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on YouTube.

Well I'm still buried in that rabbit hole each night and thoroughly enjoying it.

I may be asking for trouble here but I did enjoy this compilation of Lens Dunham's three appearances. Craig seems to really like her. At the 7:20 mark she talks about his movie The Big Tease in which he plays a gay man. He then tells a cute anecdote about his real life gay interior decorator.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 23, 2024 3:45 AM

I hate going to the Post Office.

by Anonymousreply 138April 23, 2024 2:34 PM

My car has been in the shop for a few weeks because of a damaged bumper. I just might get it back soon, though. Hopefully tomorrow. I've been driving my mom's car, and it's fine but it's just not the same.

by Anonymousreply 139April 23, 2024 3:58 PM

[quote] the smell of onions cooking/cooked can be very pungent and akin to jizz

R135, I don’t want a quibble appearing on my underwhelm thread, but I assure you that I know fresh spunk and this was fresh spunk.

The tenant is 30s with a belly, glossy black hair, and poor taste in footwear. I saw him when I threw out red leaf lettuce that was starting to look scary.

by Anonymousreply 140April 23, 2024 4:50 PM

Kudos, r40 on what may well be the perfect Underwhelmed post!

by Anonymousreply 141April 23, 2024 4:54 PM

Forsythia are in bloom.

by Anonymousreply 142April 23, 2024 5:17 PM

Are you in Brooklyn? It may be the Callery (Bradford) Pear tree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 23, 2024 5:37 PM

[quote] The tenant is 30s with a belly, glossy black hair, and poor taste in footwear.

What kind of footwear, R140?

by Anonymousreply 144April 23, 2024 5:45 PM

[quote]I've been driving my mom's car, and it's fine but it's just not the same.

Does it smell like Avon or something?

by Anonymousreply 145April 23, 2024 6:16 PM

You guys make.me laugh today. Haha

by Anonymousreply 146April 23, 2024 6:19 PM

Rain

Poop

by Anonymousreply 147April 23, 2024 7:48 PM

Just went on a work trip with a group of people. I'm not a huge fan of people's Venmo calculations. I feel like I came out behind. I do appreciate that the group members did do the transfers immediately. Just disappointed in the amounts.

by Anonymousreply 148April 23, 2024 9:31 PM

I had a dream last night that all the adult Brady Bunch kids were in a limo with the youngest Partridge Family kid, Suzanne Crough who played Tracy. But Suzanne died a few years ago. I woke up wondering if it was a premonition that one of the Bradys was going to die symbolized by the dead Partridge accompanying them.

I don't know.

Whelming?

by Anonymousreply 149April 24, 2024 12:56 PM

R149 be sure to discuss this with your therapist

by Anonymousreply 150April 24, 2024 1:20 PM

I came here to warn my fellow DLers a Brady might die and what do I get in return? Called crazy.

Ungrateful lot you all are.

by Anonymousreply 151April 24, 2024 1:53 PM

Well, yes. We are typically ungrateful.

by Anonymousreply 152April 24, 2024 4:33 PM

A ripe mango would be nice, r152.

Pineapple makes the roof of my mouth itch.

by Anonymousreply 153April 24, 2024 7:27 PM

I have the same problem with eggplant and with plums, R153. Both have a similar color. Coincidence? Perhaps not.

by Anonymousreply 154April 24, 2024 7:35 PM

I don't usually like mango, but tried the Jollibee Peach Mango fried pie the other day. That works.

by Anonymousreply 155April 24, 2024 9:26 PM

Go to bed

by Anonymousreply 156April 24, 2024 9:32 PM

I haven’t posted in like 36 hours.

by Anonymousreply 157April 24, 2024 9:39 PM

I just flew on a plane for the first time in a very long time. United Airlines, now, doesn't give you credit for the actual miles you flew. They use your ticket price as some kind of base number, then multiply it by another number which is based on whether you have their credit card and other BS like that.

At least they refunded me for my Wi-Fi day pass. Wi-Fi was not working on my flights. (I had to call and ask for a refund, though.)

by Anonymousreply 158April 24, 2024 11:03 PM

My dog is smart but sometimes she can be also dumb. She approached her water and food bowls but wouldn't go further since she had left two of her squeaky toys in front of them. Of course, I moved them out of the way.

by Anonymousreply 159April 25, 2024 2:05 AM

Yesterday I took the plastic microwave food cover out of the microwave and laid it on top of the stove while I cleaned microwave. Forgot to put it back in microwave afterwards.

Last night I preheated oven and put chicken and potatoes into bake. Later smelled something funky. Plastic microwave food cover melting on stove.

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 160April 25, 2024 2:36 PM

Why do I keep hearing about Chef John's chicken? I don't like his voice.

by Anonymousreply 161April 25, 2024 3:11 PM

r161, because I also posted about the chicken on the What's for Dinner thread. I'll shut up about it now.

by Anonymousreply 162April 25, 2024 3:17 PM

Chasity! Get out of that bush!

by Anonymousreply 163April 25, 2024 4:24 PM

If a food makes the roof of your mouth, throat or ears itchy you likely have a food allergy or sensitivity. For years my ears and back of throat would itch while eating banana. Allergic!

by Anonymousreply 164April 25, 2024 5:40 PM

River hasn't posted a video in over a week, I'm worried about him.

by Anonymousreply 165April 25, 2024 9:50 PM

TIL a member of the Trump family actually was in the military. Fred Trump Jr was in ROTC in college and joined Air National Guard as a second Lt to learn how to fly. It’s how he became a pilot.

by Anonymousreply 166April 26, 2024 1:06 AM

A member of the Trump family (father Fred’s bother John) was a professor at MIT.

His family had no love for DJT.

by Anonymousreply 167April 26, 2024 1:10 AM

I donated a bunch of stuff to the Humane Society thrift store. I can only hope they actually use the proceeds to help animals

by Anonymousreply 168April 26, 2024 1:18 AM

Why are ppl talking about Trump in this thread 😠

by Anonymousreply 169April 26, 2024 2:33 AM

Yeah!

by Anonymousreply 170April 26, 2024 3:48 AM

I just realized I accidentally put a 20 in a tip jar earlier instead of a 1. I'm pretty upset about it.

by Anonymousreply 171April 26, 2024 4:45 AM

I went in for my annual physical today, ,and the receptionist looked at me like I had two heads. "What time was your appointment?" "What's your name again?" "Who are you seeing?" "Did you just schedule your appointment?"

Turns out my appointment was last Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 172April 26, 2024 4:50 AM

I have done that with appointments before. Did they test you for dementia? Jk

by Anonymousreply 173April 26, 2024 5:09 AM

Waterloo Sparkling Water 12-packs were BOGO today. I got two deals.

Two grape (my favorite) and one Cherry Limeade and one Blackberry Lemonade.

by Anonymousreply 174April 26, 2024 1:03 PM

My new passport arrived in the mail today. Ten days after I applied for it.

by Anonymousreply 175April 26, 2024 5:28 PM

The pot de cremes I made aren't terribly custardy.

by Anonymousreply 176April 26, 2024 5:39 PM

I need to go into the bank to get a new bank card. My old one has stopped working.

by Anonymousreply 177April 26, 2024 5:46 PM

I don't like cold pizza or cold spaghetti.

by Anonymousreply 178April 26, 2024 8:05 PM

I've been very underwhelmed with my last several purchases of marmalade.

Can anyone recommend a brand that is actually bitter! The ones I've purchased have all been very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 179April 26, 2024 9:06 PM

I’m having a sciatica flare up which is quite whelming. However, my dog is being all mopey because I can’t take him for a real walk and it’s so nice out.

by Anonymousreply 180April 26, 2024 9:24 PM

R190 hope you’re on your heating pad

by Anonymousreply 181April 26, 2024 10:13 PM

I cooked two pounds of bacon for a brunch potluck. Now, I have around 3/4ths of a cup of rendered bacon fat in a jar.

Someone made, for the potluck, an eggy casserole with what I thought was potatoes. I bit into it and it was a damn piece of apple with the skin on it. Who the hell puts apple in an egg casserole.

by Anonymousreply 182April 27, 2024 5:10 AM

R182 was the egg and apple casserole made by a friend or acquaintance? I avoid potluck food made by acquaintances since I don't know what their house/kitchen looks like. And also they could be weird like this person.

by Anonymousreply 183April 27, 2024 7:12 AM

Eggy apple casserole is a sign of malicious food sharing. Like that room temperature shell fish plate that mysteriously appears, stay away from food made by others.

by Anonymousreply 184April 27, 2024 9:14 AM

[italic]Come and listen to my story about a man named Jed, a poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed, and then one day he was shootin at some food and up through the ground come a bubblin crude...[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 185April 27, 2024 1:52 PM

NO SPOILERS PLEASE, R185!

by Anonymousreply 186April 27, 2024 1:59 PM

I took shortcuts on the White Chicken Chili that I shouldn't have, but the recipe was strong enough to escape total ruination.

by Anonymousreply 187April 27, 2024 2:14 PM

I'm going to start spring cleaning, which I find depressing. I feels like preparing for your death.

by Anonymousreply 188April 27, 2024 3:32 PM

[quote] [R182] was the egg and apple casserole made by a friend or acquaintance? I avoid potluck food made by acquaintances since I don't know what their house/kitchen looks like. And also they could be weird like this person.

I looked at the sign-up list and it seemed like the casseroles (yes, there were maybe 4 damn casseroles) were made by OK people. The apple, though. Ugh. I actually love Honeycrisp apples, but not with the skin in an eggy casserole.

In general, I avoid potluck food, as well. I also don't trust people's levels of cleanliness.

by Anonymousreply 189April 27, 2024 5:43 PM

This is Lynda Carter.

by Anonymousreply 190April 27, 2024 5:45 PM

My cousin said she dumped her therapist because the therapist glibly mentioned she had to be in court because a patient killed themselves. Cousin said this is the second time in a year she's mentioned a patient killing themselves and smirking about it.

I know no one can predict someone taking their life but I would have dumped the therapist after the first smirk.

by Anonymousreply 191April 27, 2024 8:16 PM

[quote]I avoid potluck food made by acquaintances

[quote]In general, I avoid potluck food, as well.

Is hating potluck food yet another DLism? I haven't worked in an office where potlucks were the norm in decades, and I neither rejected potluck food as a norm, nor noticed anyone else doing so. Is it a response to AIDS? (I still don't do birthday cakes with candles.)

The few times I've been invited to a potluck, I was careful to pick only food I had a reasonable expectation of liking—as opposed to piling up a plateload of food. Now I'm suspicious of any such event, thanks to you, DL.

by Anonymousreply 192April 27, 2024 8:35 PM

I think a lot of people look askance at potluck offerings. Not just on DL.

I've pretty much got an iron stomach. The problem, for me, is just bad cooking, like the apples in the egg casserole. (I'm not that worried about unsanitary kitchens.)

One thing I hate seeing on YouTube videos is people cooking and cats jumping up on the counters. Especially if the cat sits down, i.e., places its ass on the counter.

by Anonymousreply 193April 27, 2024 9:18 PM

I bought an Italian spice blend. I have all of the ingredients in my spice cabinet but I can never get the ratio quite right and so many recipes these days call for “Italian spice blend.” I feel like a failure.

by Anonymousreply 194April 27, 2024 11:49 PM

I made my first pitcher this year of ice tea today and it hit the spot. I don't like getting it out because it's usually too weak. The exception is Dunkin Donuts, that is acceptable. Their best kept secret.

by Anonymousreply 195April 28, 2024 1:06 AM

I don't like spice blends because they always have rosemary (long, sharp leaves). I just use plain, dried oregano, or Mexican oregano.

by Anonymousreply 196April 28, 2024 1:42 AM

How come some candies rip up your mouth? Like jellybeans and Mike and Ike. They shave a layer of skin off your tongue and inner cheeks. It hurts

by Anonymousreply 197April 28, 2024 4:04 AM

Never heard of Mike and Ike 'til now.

by Anonymousreply 198April 28, 2024 4:10 AM

[quote]How come some candies rip up your mouth? Like jellybeans and Mike and Ike. They shave a layer of skin off your tongue and inner cheeks. It hurts.

What?? They're jelly beans, not fruit-flavored razor blades.

by Anonymousreply 199April 28, 2024 4:59 AM

Maybe you have an allergy to one or more of the ingredients, R197.

by Anonymousreply 200April 28, 2024 5:13 AM

Yesterday while driving to dog park and back I saw 5 identical white Teslas driving around. At different places except two were pulled up at same light. Weird. What’re the odds?

by Anonymousreply 201April 28, 2024 7:41 AM

Lemonheads took half a tooth off. Chewy candy will tear up your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 202April 28, 2024 7:47 AM

I can’t eat Hot Tamales anymore. I wish they had a less hot than Fierce. Chewy AND hotter than H?

by Anonymousreply 203April 28, 2024 7:50 AM

I bought several jugs of Starbucks Iced Espresso Caramel Macchiato and Iced Espresso Caffe Mocha when they were on sale. Turns out I don't like cold coffee. So now I heat it up in the microwave and it is acceptable as an afternoon pick me up but not as my morning coffee. I won't be repurchasing and will stick to brewing my own hot morning coffee.

by Anonymousreply 204April 28, 2024 2:24 PM

[quote] Yesterday while driving to dog park and back I saw 5 identical white Teslas driving around. At different places except two were pulled up at same light. Weird. What’re the odds? I didn’t know what brand til I looked up symbols.

If you don’t recognize the brand on sight, I don’t have much confidence in your determination that these were truly “identical “ or even hat they were five different cars.

Teslas are pretty common (for now) in Northern NJ, but between their build quality issues, the company’s finances and Musk’s rants I’d predict that Tesla sightings are peaking right about now.

by Anonymousreply 205April 28, 2024 2:30 PM

I got in trouble in third grade for eating Lemonheads in class.

I had the box hidden under an open book and was sneaking one here and there but then I STUPIDLY opened the lid to my desk (the old-fashioned lift top desks) and they went flying all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 206April 28, 2024 2:43 PM

Some guy on YouTube said this Smokehouse Burnt Ends Dip was good so I bought it as I'm susceptible like that.

Turns out it is good. Recommend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207April 28, 2024 3:58 PM

I'm watching The Other Side Of The Mountain on Netflix. The 1975 movie based on the true life story of skier Jill Kinmont, who broke her neck skiing and became a quadriplegic teacher on the rez.

I haven't seen this movie since I was 9 years old. Watching it for purely nostalgic reasons. My mother cried while watching this movie and my mother died 2 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 208April 28, 2024 8:46 PM

I mourn the discontinued Friendly's Watermelon Roll.

by Anonymousreply 209April 28, 2024 9:45 PM

Finally, on my third trip, Trader Joe’s had some frozen steel cut oatmeal. It’s one of my go-to breakfasts, and I had a fridge full of berries to add to it, but I was out of stock and stranded.

by Anonymousreply 210April 28, 2024 9:49 PM

There's a Reiki woman on YouTube who wants to access my Akashic records and clear them or clean them or something along those lines.

I don't even know what my Akashic records are. Should I let her? Is it like my karmic credit report or something? Is she bullshitting me?

by Anonymousreply 211April 29, 2024 12:03 AM

R211 has she asked for a "donation" yet? If you want to use a psychic-medium, then I suggest Cheryl and Kimm from Touching Souls. They're a mother/daughter team on Facebook but you can Google their website.

I had 2 readings and they're the real deal in talking with the dead. Everything they've told me has come to pass, I shit you not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212April 29, 2024 12:29 AM

[quote] I had 2 readings and they're the real deal in talking with the dead. Everything they've told me has come to pass, I shit you not.

R211, don't listen to R212.

by Anonymousreply 213April 29, 2024 1:31 AM

Mr Canada Goose (I named him Goosie and he responds) comes to my shore everyday and I give him wild bird seed. His mate is on the nest so he has time on his hands. When they first landed in March, they both visited me right away, I remember them from last year. I wonder how many goslings it will be, last year they had four. I love living on a New England life and feel fortunate that I do.

by Anonymousreply 214April 29, 2024 2:24 AM

New England lake, that is.

by Anonymousreply 215April 29, 2024 2:25 AM

My dog just reminded me that I forgot to feed her tonight. She struck her I'm hungry pose, paws forward, ass in the air and eyeballing me. I feel guilty but she's eating now.

by Anonymousreply 216April 29, 2024 3:11 AM

I'm going to be 58 in June and I have no hobbies except for working out and going to the movies. Everything that I had a passion for in my 20s and 30s (reading, traveling, studying) I've lost interest in.

I retired 2 years ago and had big plans: studying languages, taking art classes, and more traveling. Never happened. I don't think I'm depressed, but I'm definitely bored and can't find anything that I'm excited about, not that I've been looking. Just underwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 217April 29, 2024 4:00 AM

I've been retired for a little over three years now, R217, and one of things I like best about it is how underwhelming my days have become. I've learned to appreciate simple pleasures in a way I never did before.

by Anonymousreply 218April 29, 2024 5:17 AM

Retired at 56? Consider yourself very fortunate. Do some volunteer work. Deliver meals on wheels and not just on Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 219April 29, 2024 5:21 AM

[quote]Is she bullshitting me?

Are you? smh

by Anonymousreply 220April 29, 2024 5:43 AM

Me too, r209. It was a summer tradition.

by Anonymousreply 221April 29, 2024 12:52 PM

Birds Eye Loaded Potato Bake is good, prepared in oven not microwave.

Package says 3.5 servings, I beg to differ, LOL. I added a piece of left over chicken and called it lunch.

In my store it's located with the frozen vegetables not frozen meals which I suppose makes sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 29, 2024 4:56 PM

I washed my windows today and it's an unpleasant task but glad it's done.

by Anonymousreply 223April 29, 2024 7:16 PM

I renewed my resident parking status (window sticker and visitor permits) online for free this morning.

by Anonymousreply 224April 29, 2024 11:01 PM

Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner smells bad. Really bad. Overpowering chemical smell that could kill you bad.

I won't be using it again. But maybe I'll keep it as a weapon. If someone breaks into my home, I'll spray their face with Scrubbing Bubbles. Death by Scrubbing Bubbles!

by Anonymousreply 225April 29, 2024 11:34 PM

Shit…..

by Anonymousreply 226April 29, 2024 11:37 PM

R225, I like Scrubbing Bubbles - it makes quick work of bathtub ring, and you can get other fragrances. It is pretty strong, though.

by Anonymousreply 227April 29, 2024 11:37 PM

Will Scrubbing Bubbles remove toilet ring & stains that don't come out via actual scrubbing?

by Anonymousreply 228April 30, 2024 3:22 AM

I don't know about toilet stains, I was using the Scrubbing Bubbles on tub and bathroom sink.

Try CLR for bad toilet stains.

by Anonymousreply 229April 30, 2024 3:38 AM

I think I have tried CLR. Frankly, I've not been that impressed with CLR.

by Anonymousreply 230April 30, 2024 4:10 AM

I just saw another car with a crooked bumper sticker. Go to any office, like a doctor's office, and most of the signs put up are crooked. Even many light and power outlet boxes are installed crooked.

Do some people just not have the genes to recognize straight and level?

by Anonymousreply 231April 30, 2024 6:37 AM

R231, maybe you’ve gone cockeyed.

by Anonymousreply 232April 30, 2024 5:32 PM

I just drove home and saw a Hummer at a traffic light with a bumper sticker that read “I’m the quiet neighbor with the big freezer.”

by Anonymousreply 233April 30, 2024 5:37 PM

I'm pretty OCD about things being straight. Even my Command hooks are stuck on straight. I do use a level to mark the spots.

by Anonymousreply 234April 30, 2024 6:12 PM

Currently waiting at the eye specialist. They will be dilating my eyes today.

by Anonymousreply 235April 30, 2024 6:24 PM

I cooked a bag of Brussels sprouts from ALDIs and they were imported from Belgium.

by Anonymousreply 236April 30, 2024 6:53 PM

R236 are you in EU?

by Anonymousreply 237April 30, 2024 7:05 PM

Do they call them Brussels Sprouts in the EU?

by Anonymousreply 238April 30, 2024 7:07 PM

Apparently the French and Walloons call them choux Bruxelles (Brussels cabbage) , the Dutch and Flemish call them spruiten (which I’m guessing means “sprouts”) and the German call them rosenkohl (rose cabbage?)

by Anonymousreply 239April 30, 2024 7:15 PM

Vinny Egizi put his lawn sign out again. He does it every election year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 30, 2024 7:36 PM

Wild Planet is the only brand of tuna fish I will buy. Not that I make tuna salad often but when I do, it's Wild Planet or nothing.

by Anonymousreply 241April 30, 2024 11:04 PM

Lately, I've been buying Genova oil-packed albacore tuna.

by Anonymousreply 242May 1, 2024 12:26 AM

I'm so sick of that woman on YouTube who is always talking about "stuck poop".

Is there any way I can opt out of poop commercials?

by Anonymousreply 243May 1, 2024 2:04 AM

I took a three hour nap late this afternoon and now I'm wide awake.

by Anonymousreply 244May 1, 2024 2:10 AM

[quote] Is there any way I can opt out of poop commercials?

Yes, subscribe to YouTube Premium. I thought about it for years and finally subscribed. It's about $15 per month and is worth it, IMO. No more commercials.

by Anonymousreply 245May 1, 2024 2:25 AM

I subscribed to Shudder on Prime so I can get my fill of horror movies, which I love. I checked out all the other horror premium channels but they didn't have a big selection.

by Anonymousreply 246May 1, 2024 2:31 AM

I continue my adventure of watching Craig Ferguson's old late-night show.

2014 Elisabeth Moss appearance and she is too short for the chair and her feet can't touch the floor. Craig offers her a foot stool he offers all short actresses with his usual accompanying joke of "we have this foot stool in case Tom Cruise is ever on the show". She initially giggles and accepts the foot stool. Then after a minute or two says she's uncomfortable and doesn't want the foot stool anymore.

I'm suspect Scientologist Elisabeth realized she was already in deep shit with the borg for laughing at the Tom Cruise joke so she better reject the stool to try and mitigate whatever reprimand from was in store for her.

I like when Craig dances with the horse. He has big feet.

by Anonymousreply 247May 1, 2024 4:12 PM

Banana Laffy Taffy is soft, delectable. The other Laffy Taffy flavors are hard, causing tooth and jaw discomfort. Why can’t the banana Laffy taffy formula be used on all the taffies?

by Anonymousreply 248May 1, 2024 7:14 PM

I’m not in EU.

by Anonymousreply 249May 1, 2024 7:52 PM

My 3 month Pro Air Albuterol inhalers now cost $0. But I can’t find out why. I used to pay $150 for a 3 month supply via Medicare, now it’s free. I wish my other meds were the same price

by Anonymousreply 250May 1, 2024 7:58 PM

R249 hard to imagine why CA would import brussel sprouts from Belgium! What a world...

by Anonymousreply 251May 1, 2024 8:14 PM

Took some naan dippers out of the freezer and into air fryer at 400 for 4 minutes and they burned.

Did a second batch at 370 for 3 minutes and they were fine.

I should probably write that down for next time.

Dipped them into my Burnt Ends dip mentioned upthread.

by Anonymousreply 252May 1, 2024 8:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!