Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tax Day is Almost Here

Is DataLounge tax deductible? It’s like giving to a charity, right?

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2024 4:26 PM

I’m a subscriber. I’m declaring Muriel as a dependent.

by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2024 3:07 AM

[quote]I’m declaring Muriel as a dependent.

Me too! There are great “medical expenses” deductions to be had.

Long time drinker, long time smoker, sedatives, Prozac

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2024 7:13 PM

I’m deducting the shrink bills I paid for out of pocket and the booze due to the anxiety caused by DL.

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2024 7:52 PM

I just clicked "send" to file.

I hate having it hanging over my head, but ever since my tax guy who I had been using for 15 years died, I've had to do them myself.

I always feel like I've made a mistake. It doesn't help that there are weird input quirks in TurboTax which alters the outcome if you don't do things in the correct order.

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2024 3:29 PM

[quote] Is DataLounge tax deductible?

It is, but the formula is such a pain in the ass that’s it’s not worth your time. Something to do with number of threads started divided by responses to threads multiplied by WW percentage minus total timeouts. And Muriel has to sign off which means buying her a bottle of Wild Irish Rose which is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2024 3:44 PM

Don’t worry. Goldie will explain W-4 deductions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2024 4:20 PM

The majority of Rhode Islanders have until July 15th to file federal and state taxes, due to so many people who suffered property damage from the bad storms last year. Everyone can take advantage of this, whether they were effected or not - so long as you live in one of the three counties (I filed mine last week).

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2024 4:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!