Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Arizona Supreme Court ruling effectively bans abortion

Well, at least they can go to a couple of neighboring states.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142April 25, 2024 8:25 AM

Shit.

by Anonymousreply 1April 9, 2024 5:24 PM

There is a ballot initiative for which its backers say they've got enough signatures which will legalize it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 9, 2024 5:29 PM

Info on how to sign/support it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2024 5:29 PM

The new reality is that abortion will be like how alcohol and divorce used to be - something that many had to travel to a different state to get. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but I think people will adjust to the new normal. There will be euphemisms, like “I’ve got to make a trip to California”, and people will understand that means to get an abortion. There will probably be charitable or for-profit bus services set up to transport indigent women to abortion centers.

by Anonymousreply 4April 9, 2024 5:48 PM

r4 Yep. And I hate to say it, but it should have been that way from the start. Roe was too much, too soon, leading to decades and decades of anti-abortion activism. And for what? We're right back where we started.

by Anonymousreply 5April 9, 2024 5:55 PM

Katie Hobbs needs to use a more aggressive voice. She is 50 50-something woman with Valley Girl baby voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2024 5:56 PM

This is priceless. Yesterday Trump tried to distance himself from the abortion quagmire by saying it's an issue for the States to decide and today Arizona comes back with this medieval anti-abortion law. Trump's sly maneuver has been completely undermined as Arizona makes it clear what voting Republican will mean for women who want reproductive freedom.

by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2024 6:03 PM

Great for Dems!

by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2024 6:05 PM

And they'll be coming for the gays next.

by Anonymousreply 9April 9, 2024 6:10 PM

[quote] Roe was too much, too soon, leading to decades and decades of anti-abortion activism.

Dodd is also probably too much, too soon, leading to pro-abortion activism. To find some sweet spot with abortion where everyone can at least be okay requires some kind of Fabian approach with gradual change to allow people to adjust to it.

by Anonymousreply 10April 9, 2024 6:18 PM

Hopefully, the issue will be voted on in Nov.

by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2024 6:49 PM

Nice job, Republicans! Your delusion will cost you.

by Anonymousreply 12April 9, 2024 6:53 PM

We need to put Arizona back in the Trump column.

by Anonymousreply 13April 9, 2024 6:56 PM

[quote] . And I hate to say it, but it should have been that way from the start. Roe was too much, too soon,

What the Hell do you think of marriage equality then and desegregation of the races? Do tell us what time line equality is supposed to take in your superior view of social issues.

by Anonymousreply 14April 9, 2024 6:59 PM

This is a gift to Reuben Gallego. If the initiative is on the ballot in November, AZ will likely see a surge in voting that can only help him and Biden.

by Anonymousreply 15April 9, 2024 7:15 PM

Building a bridge to the 19th century

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 9, 2024 7:42 PM

Barefoot and pregnant, what's not to love?

by Anonymousreply 17April 9, 2024 7:45 PM

^ Senator Katie Britt

by Anonymousreply 18April 9, 2024 8:27 PM

Katie Hobbs signed an executive order last year giving the Attorney General's office complete jurisdiction over abortion-related prosecutions. AG Kris Mayes has said that her office will not pursue such cases.

by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2024 8:40 PM

Yes, r19, but it won't help much as doctor's will still be hesitant.

by Anonymousreply 20April 9, 2024 8:43 PM

Well, the "travelers" from Arizona are always welcome here in New Mexico for services.

by Anonymousreply 21April 9, 2024 8:47 PM

[quote]Roe was too much, too soon, leading to decades and decades of anti-abortion activism.

Leaving it to the states isn't going to end anti-abortion activism, it will just fuel their quest for a national ban.

by Anonymousreply 22April 9, 2024 8:47 PM

Sorry about the apostrophe.

by Anonymousreply 23April 9, 2024 8:48 PM

Oh please, the states rights talk is all BS. Republicans will not stop until they get a total abortion ban everywhere (unless we stop them by voting).

by Anonymousreply 24April 9, 2024 8:50 PM

New Mexico will be packed with women from Texas and AZ getting abortions

by Anonymousreply 25April 9, 2024 8:51 PM

New Mexico won't be able to handle it. Healthcare in New Mexico isn't that great to begin with due to shortages.

by Anonymousreply 26April 9, 2024 9:05 PM

Republicans hate women, that's all there is to it. If every woman of voting age would vote strictly Democrat, we would get rid of them.

by Anonymousreply 27April 9, 2024 9:12 PM

Tell that to the stupid boomer and Xer Republican bitches who got their fill of abortions already R27

by Anonymousreply 28April 9, 2024 9:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 9, 2024 10:01 PM

Next up: states’ right to ban gay marriage

by Anonymousreply 30April 9, 2024 10:15 PM

[quote] Roe was too much, too soon, leading to decades and decades of anti-abortion activism.

R5, what are you talking about? Women were living under the shadow of illegal and possibly botched abortions or forced births for seventy, eighty years before 1973. What was too much, too soon about that? The problem has been, for decades, the pernicious political rise of the religious right.

by Anonymousreply 31April 9, 2024 10:32 PM

For a country of “freedom”, some really like to control everyone and everything that doesn’t shit the same way they do.

by Anonymousreply 32April 9, 2024 11:32 PM

Roe has been supported by 60% of Americans for decades. It's neither too much nor too soon.

by Anonymousreply 33April 10, 2024 12:04 AM

Yup, keep dancing on that landmine, Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 34April 10, 2024 12:08 AM

This will haunt the Repubs in November. In the meantime, it's all about The Supremes and the abortion pill. A true state's rights issue. The FDA controls prescription drugs on the Federal level.

by Anonymousreply 35April 10, 2024 1:31 AM

R35, it was the uniform consensus among Court watchers that the abortion pill case will not be struck down. Almost a pity, since we could call the election off if it was.

by Anonymousreply 36April 10, 2024 1:36 AM

Abortion Hut will always be open in California or New York.

by Anonymousreply 37April 10, 2024 4:23 AM

Biden is behind Trump in all recent polls for Arizona, so this could be just the thing to energize Biden's numbers in the state.

by Anonymousreply 38April 10, 2024 9:21 AM

I don't want to be "concerned" like Susie Collins, but might not the fact that the referendum will so easily win depress the imagined intense turnout?

by Anonymousreply 39April 10, 2024 11:22 AM

[quote] I don't want to be "concerned" like Susie Collins, but might not the fact that the referendum will so easily win depress the imagined intense turnout?

First, it hasn't worked out that way yet. In all the states that have put the abortion question on the ballot, the pro-choice side has won and it hasn’t been close. On an issue like this, people want to express their anger and want to cast a ballot. Second, this year in Arizona voters will be casting ballots for the President and a United States Senator as well as the abortion referendum. Both sides have been saying that this is likely the most important and consequential election since 1860. Finally, while I’m certain that this referendum will pass and will aid the Democrats, I don’t think that anyone is going to be blasé about voting this November.

by Anonymousreply 40April 10, 2024 12:01 PM

Gay marriage has a degree of protection under Federal law that abortion never had.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 10, 2024 12:10 PM

[quote] I don’t think that anyone is going to be blasé about voting this November.

Huh? More than 30% of eligible voters didn't cast a ballot in 2020. 2020!!!

by Anonymousreply 42April 10, 2024 1:20 PM

Good. Keep voting Republican, and you get what you deserve.

by Anonymousreply 43April 10, 2024 1:27 PM

R28, those boomer women have daughters and granddaughters.

Sure impoverished women can board the abortion bus to New Mexico and have it and their procedures paid for with donations but getting time off from their minimum wage job is difficult and who’s minding the kids back home?

by Anonymousreply 44April 10, 2024 1:32 PM

I don't think the impoverished women will be traveling to New Mexico or other states. It's going to be middle class women who may work for decent employers who are fine with them taking time off and it will be upper-middle-class or wealthy women going out of state.

by Anonymousreply 45April 10, 2024 1:57 PM

I shit you not the NY Times story today is "how this WON'T improve Bidens chances in AZ".

by Anonymousreply 46April 10, 2024 2:15 PM

If there are any Arizona abortion ruling movies in development. I'm available to play Katie Hobbs. I just need to straighten my grey hair, find a pair of geeky glasses, and get rid of my Southern accent for a while. Also, my daughter Margaret can go down the geeky look route to play Hobbs' daughter in the movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 10, 2024 2:32 PM

Ruben Gallego slamming Kari Lake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 10, 2024 2:39 PM

[quote]The new reality is that abortion will be like how alcohol and divorce used to be - something that many had to travel to a different state to get.

Yeah, like over 100 years ago. We had 50 years of legal, safe abortion access in the US and it was fine. A vocal minority of fundamentalist religious people and others with an agenda kept fanning the pro-life flames, but they are still a minority and their views shouldn't be imposed on the rest.

The question is, will Millennial and Gen Z voters get off their asses and vote for their futures this fall? It's still a looming question even with everything going on.

by Anonymousreply 49April 10, 2024 2:39 PM

Those of you who seem to think it's no big deal to travel for an abortion are ignoring the fact that states that ban abortion will also make it illegal to travel to another state for one. So no doctor in a state where abortion is legal will want to deal with patients from that state.

The AZ state legislature could rescind the 1864 law any time they want. But they haven't. And while it's great that AZ has a Dem pro-choice governor, that is absolutely meaningless here, because NO doctor will perform abortions until that law is gone.

by Anonymousreply 50April 10, 2024 2:58 PM

Sounds like the court is salivating for their chance to interfere in the POTUS election in November. I'm sure Trump has been 'making calls'.

by Anonymousreply 51April 10, 2024 3:26 PM

[quote] I shit you not the NY Times story today is "how this WON'T improve Bidens chances in AZ".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 10, 2024 3:27 PM

The beginnings of Gilead.

by Anonymousreply 53April 10, 2024 3:32 PM

WHET New York Times?

by Anonymousreply 54April 10, 2024 3:34 PM

Democrats for Life of America needs to be slammed more in the media, especially Katrina Jackson. Read up on her.

I was raised Catholic and when I was a teenager in the late 90s/early 2000s, there was a woman at the parish I attended with my family who was trying to get parish members to join Democrats for Life. My parents are/were moderates who leaned left and they refused to join.

Katie Hobbs is Catholic and I wouldn't be surprised if Democrats for Life has ever approached and tried to get to her flip her views on abortion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 10, 2024 3:36 PM

[quote] WHET New York Times?

Nothing. The Times isn't MSNBC; it's the "paper of record."

by Anonymousreply 56April 10, 2024 3:39 PM

Please. The NY Times never misses an opportunity to shit on democrats

by Anonymousreply 57April 10, 2024 3:43 PM

I hope this whole thing backfires on Republicans in Nov.

...and Fuck Kari Lake.

by Anonymousreply 58April 10, 2024 3:59 PM

[quote] Please. The NY Times never misses an opportunity to shit on democrats

I recognize that I may be at a disadvantage here, but I AM a longtime Times subscriber, I religiously read the paper daily & this view is totally foreign to the Times I read.

by Anonymousreply 59April 10, 2024 4:28 PM

The Times article negatively characterized ("I shit you not the NY Times story today is 'how this WON'T improve Bidens chances in AZ'") above. You be the judge if that's a reasonable assessment.

Pam Raphael pulled up to the Arizona State Capitol on Tuesday afternoon bearing ice-cold treats and red-hot anger. She had come to deliver an order of her frozen prickly pear and lime pops but was preoccupied by a just-released decision by Arizona’s highest court that upheld an 1864 law banning nearly all abortions.

“I am disgusted,” Ms. Raphael, 50, said as she walked toward a rally by Democrats railing against the decision. She added that it’s “nobody’s business” whether any woman decides to get an abortion.

The decision upending abortion care in a critically important battleground state inspired passionate reactions from Arizonans across the political divide, ranging from elation to disgust.

Some conservative voters and the state’s most ardent critics of abortion hailed it as a victory for women. Many Democrats, moderate independents and some Republicans said the Arizona Supreme Court had gone too far. But it was far from clear Tuesday that the decision would tip the balance in the November presidential election.

The critics said that the court, in resurrecting the 160-year-old law that bans all abortions except to save the mother’s life, was forcing a 19th-century morality onto a fast-growing state that is trying to sell itself as a hub of renewable energy, battery manufacturing and live-and-let-live tolerance.

“Leave it up to the female,” said Maverick Williams, 25, a retail manager who was walking his dog in the conservative Anthem neighborhood on the northern edge of Phoenix. “It’s her body, then she needs to decide.”

Although the court’s decision is on hold for now, Democrats in Phoenix wasted no time on Tuesday in blaming former President Donald J. Trump for gutting abortion in Arizona and other states by nominating the Supreme Court justices who were instrumental in overturning Roe v. Wade. They predicted an election-year backlash against Republicans, citing recent ballot measures in conservative-leaning states like Kansas and Ohio that enshrined abortion protections into law.

But voters like Mr. Williams suggested that it might not be so simple in this closely divided desert battleground. Although he opposed the state court’s abortion decision, he said he was more worried about the rising cost of living, and he called President Biden too old and unfit to serve another term. He said he would vote for Mr. Trump.

Outside a nearby grocery store, Nicki Auchter and her husband, Scott, expressed misgivings about both the abortion decision and Democrats. As they filled up water jugs for a soccer game, they said they personally opposed abortion but did not agree with the 1864 ban because it had no exceptions for rape or incest.

“I’m pretty pro-life, but I think it should be the woman’s choice,” said Mr. Auchter, 42, who is an operations manager for a construction company. “It’s her body.”

Still, Ms. Auchter said their top priority this election year was not abortion. It was “to get Biden out of office.” They said they worried more about the national debt, the soaring price of their insurance and the record number of asylum seekers crossing the U.S.-Mexico border.

Several Republican politicians rushed to distance themselves from the ruling on Tuesday and said they supported repealing the 1864 law in favor of an existing 15-week abortion ban. But Cathi Herrod, president of the Center for Arizona Policy Action and one of Arizona’s most prominent anti-abortion activists, praised the ruling and said it would protect “the humanity of the unborn child.”

“There’s a long way to go to establish a culture of life,” she said. “Today was the right legal decision.”

by Anonymousreply 60April 10, 2024 4:37 PM

But in interviews across Phoenix on Tuesday, many women said they were aghast.

Crystal Padilla, 30, a hotel cook in Phoenix, said she still struggled to believe that the U.S. Supreme Court had overturned the federal abortion protections in Roe v. Wade two years ago earlier. She said it was hypocritical for conservative states and judges to impose new restrictions on abortion while failing to help low-income mothers who struggle to earn enough to live.

“What man on the Supreme Court is pushing out a baby?” she asked. “They can’t relate, and yet they’re trying to police other people.”

Ms. Padilla said she could relate, because she had an abortion when she was 19. She said it had been a difficult decision, but she could not have supported a baby shortly after she had graduated from high school.

“It still seems impossible,” said Ms. Padilla, who plans to vote for Mr. Biden. “I fear for people who are coming of age, and who are having to face this decision, and are not being given that choice. It’s just unconscionable.”

McCall Lemmons, 31, a special-education teacher for an online charter school, said she had been disappointed with Mr. Biden and wished he had been able to forgive more student-loan debt and placed more on education policy. But she said abortion would compel her to vote for him nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 61April 10, 2024 4:38 PM

The Washington Post - which generally is bothsiderism central - take was different from the NYT's.

Its headline: ‘Catastrophic,’ ‘a shock’: Arizona’s abortion ruling threatens to upend 2024 races

"A near-total abortion ban slated to go into effect in the coming weeks in Arizona is expected to have a seismic impact on the politics of the battleground state, testing the limits of Republican support for abortion restrictions and putting the issue front and center in November’s election. Cut through the 2024 election noise. Get The Campaign Moment newsletter.

Arizona’s conservative Supreme Court on Tuesday revived a near-total ban on abortion, invoking an 1864 law that forbids the procedure except to save a mother’s life and punishes providers with prison time. The decision supersedes Arizona’s previous rule, which permitted abortions up to 15 weeks.

Arizonans are poised to consider the issue in November, now that the groups working to amend the state’s constitution to enshrine abortion rights — which include the ACLU of Arizona and Planned Parenthood Advocates of Arizona — say that they have acquired enough signatures to establish a ballot measure, according to the Arizona Republic. Meanwhile, Republicans in the state are asking Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs (D) and the Republican-led state legislature to come up with a solution.

The developments in Arizona are part of a wave of state actions to reckon with the future of access to reproductive care after the U.S. Supreme Court, with a conservative majority installed during Donald Trump’s presidency, overturned Roe v. Wade in 2022. While several states enacted abortion restrictions as a result of overturning Roe, protecting access to reproductive care has broadly been a winning issue for Democratic candidates and for ballot measures that protect abortion access in the elections since the 2022 ruling.

As a battleground state, there is a lot on the line in Arizona’s looming elections. President Biden is running for reelection after winning the state in 2020 by fewer than 11,000 votes, and the race for a Senate seat in the state could prove crucial in determining which party controls the body next year. The balance of the statehouse is at stake this election cycle, too, with Republicans holding a one-vote majority in each chamber.

Polls show that abortion is a motivating issue for Arizona voters."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 10, 2024 4:47 PM

[quote] Yep. And I hate to say it, but it should have been that way from the start.

Like gay marriage. Oh, wait.

by Anonymousreply 63April 10, 2024 4:49 PM

[quote] I hope this whole thing backfires on Republicans in Nov.

Unfortunately, it won’t. Republicans will vote to keep abortion legal and vote for Donald Trump. Abortion rights has bipartisan support even though there is a minority of cranks on the Right who want it outlawed.

by Anonymousreply 64April 10, 2024 4:50 PM

[quote] I shit you not the NY Times story today is "how this WON'T improve Bidens chances in AZ".

It won’t.

by Anonymousreply 65April 10, 2024 4:51 PM

Let them keep doing this. It will only make things easier for Democrats to win in November.

by Anonymousreply 66April 10, 2024 4:51 PM

R66, Biden isn’t going to win.

by Anonymousreply 67April 10, 2024 4:59 PM

You do realize who his opponent is, R67?! The poll that impresses me most is that more people are excited to vote against Trump than vote against Biden. It's 2020 redux.

by Anonymousreply 68April 10, 2024 5:03 PM

R66, the lat them hang themselves strategy has worked very well, has it not? Meawhile outside the Democratic Underground fantasy land, Trump seems to be a lock for being president again. SO...

by Anonymousreply 69April 10, 2024 5:05 PM

[quote] Trump seems to be a lock for being president again.

Maybe he'll finally crack 47%, a feat even that "loser" Romney achieved. But if he couldn't even get to 47% before 1/6 & Dobbs, I would be a little more guarded about his chances.

by Anonymousreply 70April 10, 2024 5:13 PM

R69, according to the same polls that said there was going to be a red wave? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 71April 10, 2024 5:19 PM

Given that the whole electoral history of the US in the past two years has shown that abortion bans are a major driving force for Democratic victories, it's a little disingenuous of the NYT to claim that the electoral outcome of the AZ decision is "unclear." Their cherry-picking of pro-choice Trump-leaners (R60-61) doesn't convince me.

by Anonymousreply 72April 10, 2024 5:19 PM

R43, in 2022 all the Republicans running statewide in AZ lost.

by Anonymousreply 73April 10, 2024 5:22 PM

This pisses me off.

by Anonymousreply 74April 10, 2024 5:41 PM

R72, a post-Dobbs presidential election is uncharted territory, so past election results may not be predictive.

by Anonymousreply 75April 10, 2024 5:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 10, 2024 6:55 PM

[quote] You do realize who his opponent is, [R67]?!

Yes, and he’s not as hated as Biden is on the Left.

by Anonymousreply 77April 10, 2024 8:24 PM

[quote] Given that the whole electoral history of the US in the past two years has shown that abortion bans are a major driving force for Democratic victories

It’s Arizona. There’s no way Biden is winning there with that border crisis. None.

by Anonymousreply 78April 10, 2024 8:24 PM

[quote] Yes, and he’s not as hated as Biden is on the Left.

Link, please.

by Anonymousreply 79April 10, 2024 8:52 PM

[quote]There’s no way Biden is winning there with that border crisis

People along the border have a much different view of it than people in Iowa or Wisconsin or wherever you live.

by Anonymousreply 80April 10, 2024 8:54 PM

As Joy Behar pointed out this morning, this new abortion law in Arizona is a gift to the Democrats. I agree with her - women will be coming out in force in swing states (and even red states) in November, and vote Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 81April 10, 2024 8:56 PM

Thank you thank you thank you. Well done Arizona.

If the Dems are to be saved in 2024 it will be this issue and straight woman voters that does the saving.

by Anonymousreply 82April 10, 2024 8:57 PM

Today, Republicans blocked Democrats in the state legislature from introducing bills to roll back the 1864 law.

So much for Republicans being against the law.

by Anonymousreply 83April 10, 2024 8:59 PM

R79, I have that OP blocked, so I don’t see what they posted. But there is no way Biden is more hated by the left than Dump is. That OP is smoking something really strong.

by Anonymousreply 84April 10, 2024 9:07 PM

DL has been invaded by Russian bots.

by Anonymousreply 85April 10, 2024 9:33 PM

R78, Biden can get to 270 without Arizona. As we saw in Trump’s reaction to Fox calling Arizona to Biden, Trump cannot win without Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 86April 10, 2024 9:34 PM

^for Biden

by Anonymousreply 87April 10, 2024 9:38 PM

[quote]DL has been invaded by Russian bots.

They'll be here through November, r85.

by Anonymousreply 88April 10, 2024 9:45 PM

Well R81, we'll fix that! We'll just roll back women's right to vote!

by Anonymousreply 89April 10, 2024 11:32 PM

[quote]Today, Republicans blocked Democrats in the state legislature from introducing bills to roll back the 1864 law.

They said they will be studying the will of their constituents. The only thing they can do ( and probably will) is to overturn the "law" and say that they have heard the people of Arizona and will do what they have always done and will continue to do - abide by what the people say to do. " We are the only party for the people."

by Anonymousreply 90April 10, 2024 11:33 PM

Will this law outlaw the abortion that is Meghan McCain?

by Anonymousreply 91April 10, 2024 11:33 PM

[QUOTE]They said they will be studying the will of their constituents.

This tells me they don't have a plan and are panicking. Do they allow Democrats a victory in the legislature before the election now and raise the ire of the MAGAt base and potentially get primaried on July 30? Or do they do nothing and wait until November when droves will turn out to vote for the ballot initiative and sweep them out of office? Don the Con punted the question back to the states and kicked them in the balls on the follow through.

by Anonymousreply 92April 11, 2024 12:07 AM

It'll be sweet to see whiny diaper filter baby KKKari Lake lose in November to Reuben Gallego. Bitch will be doing televangelism telethons with Mike Lindell this time next year.

by Anonymousreply 93April 11, 2024 12:51 AM

[quote] Biden can get to 270 without Arizona. As we saw in Trump’s reaction to Fox calling Arizona to Biden, Trump cannot win without Arizona.

Trump can win without Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 94April 11, 2024 2:40 AM

What will happen is specialists will lave the state, compromising healthcare services for women.

by Anonymousreply 95April 11, 2024 2:50 AM

R95, yep. That's what happened in Idaho

by Anonymousreply 96April 11, 2024 2:52 AM

The state legislature probably won't do shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 11, 2024 3:07 AM

Let's hope these bans keep coming. Great for Dems.

by Anonymousreply 98April 11, 2024 3:13 AM

This law and similar laws in other states will affect every single woman in that state. Because every woman needs an ob gyn at some point whether they’re pregnant or not. Many women use them for basic health care regardless. But ob gyns will be afraid to practice in those states, and they will leave.

by Anonymousreply 99April 11, 2024 4:10 AM

Mark Kelly on Morning Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 11, 2024 3:17 PM

Mark Kelly looks like he's lost weight. I hope he's not sick.

by Anonymousreply 101April 11, 2024 5:54 PM

Damn you’re right r101. He does look thin. He usually has a round, chubby sort of face. He’s definitely much thinner.

by Anonymousreply 102April 11, 2024 6:03 PM

OMG Mark Kelly is only a year older than me???

by Anonymousreply 103April 11, 2024 9:17 PM

It's too much exposure to that Arizona sun.

by Anonymousreply 104April 12, 2024 11:24 AM

The sun is essential to vitamin D production. He's not getting enough.

by Anonymousreply 105April 12, 2024 2:25 PM

Assembly line crew in effect, it’s time to stimulate the economy with making more machines that go ping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 12, 2024 4:08 PM

^^^Here is the new MAGA anthem! That’s just the way it is my love!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 12, 2024 4:11 PM

People of Arizona voted these people in, so now they all have to pay for it. I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 108April 12, 2024 4:15 PM

I wonder if sheriff Joe arpio ever had this conversation,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 12, 2024 4:26 PM

R108, I agree. And half of women vote for Repugs. Fuck them and let them suffer.

by Anonymousreply 110April 12, 2024 4:52 PM

Kamala's visit to Arizona.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 13, 2024 8:09 PM

Arizona Republicans clap and cheer after blocking a Democratic attempt to ban the 1864 anti-abortion law

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 18, 2024 5:31 AM

^ Dems need to turn that into an ad.

by Anonymousreply 113April 18, 2024 7:34 AM

^ There are so MANY things they need to turn into ads.

by Anonymousreply 114April 18, 2024 9:48 AM

I heard they’re going out bathhouses next!

by Anonymousreply 115April 18, 2024 9:55 AM

I also like the idea of making an ad out of Trump saying, twice, “They’re not wrong,” at a rally last weekend in response to supporters chanting, “Genocide Joe.” Fox News regularly tries to tar Biden by the far left, anti-Biden, campus activists, but was (not so) strangely silent about this recent development in its backyard.

by Anonymousreply 116April 18, 2024 10:06 AM

As a woman who lives part-time in Arizona, let me assure you that Arizona women are pissed off and fired up, even the GOP ones. My mom is a major campaign donor and is holding a fundraiser for Ruben on Friday. She’s on Emily’s List, Planned Parenthood and chaired the Dem party for the state for a while. The response to fundraising has been 100x what it was before the ruling. For those who say, “fuck Arizona,” please note that all the major office holders in the state are Democrats. Arizona will have two Democratic senators. And, in consigning Arizona women to a future without bodily autonomy, you won’t just punish the wicked women who voted Republican.

by Anonymousreply 117April 18, 2024 12:37 PM

Yes, but those wicked women deserve to suffer.

by Anonymousreply 118April 18, 2024 1:24 PM

[quote]Well, at least they can go to a couple of neighboring states.

That's what Scary Flake said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 18, 2024 5:51 PM

Abortion will be on the ballot in Nevada, too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 18, 2024 8:41 PM

End abortion: Fuck Men!

by Anonymousreply 121April 18, 2024 9:21 PM

I can take care of it with a coat hanger and some iodine..

by Anonymousreply 122April 18, 2024 9:28 PM

[quote]I hope this whole thing backfires on Republicans in Nov.

[quote] ...and Fuck Kari Lake.

I hope so too. If Kari Lake loses, I hope that stupid cunt makes the decision to stay out of politics and live a private life.

by Anonymousreply 123April 20, 2024 2:15 PM

If I lose, the election will be fixed!

by Anonymousreply 124April 20, 2024 2:35 PM

Dump's already saying that too R124.

by Anonymousreply 125April 20, 2024 2:38 PM

Who voted Kari Lake in, ghosts and goblins? Let Arizona women suffer, all of them who didn't bother to go vote, there needs to be pain before it can get better, people need to get angry but they just will not, all the fundraising won't help if you elect a Republican like they did with her.

by Anonymousreply 126April 20, 2024 3:15 PM

R126, Kari Lake has never been elected to any governmental office.

by Anonymousreply 127April 20, 2024 4:02 PM

[quote] Who voted Kari Lake in, ghosts and goblins?

Ummm, no one, R126. She has never held elective office.

by Anonymousreply 128April 20, 2024 4:04 PM

" I really don't care if a woman has an abortion, as long as it isn't in my state. Pro-life? Yes, I am...in Arizona, but I don't give a fuck what happenes somewhere else. BTW, aren't I gorgeous?"

by Anonymousreply 129April 20, 2024 4:16 PM

……but her EMAILS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 130April 20, 2024 4:19 PM

Oh, Jesus, R126.

by Anonymousreply 131April 20, 2024 4:54 PM

Every state office is held by Democrats. Governor, Secretary of State, AG are all Dems. And Kari Lake has never won.

by Anonymousreply 132April 20, 2024 4:57 PM

R126's facts are wrong, and their premise is wrong, too.

by Anonymousreply 133April 20, 2024 5:56 PM

[quote] Kari Lake has never been elected to any governmental office.

Not just that, but R126 also seems to think that the governor of AZ—which is what Kari L had run for—is responsible for the decision.

by Anonymousreply 134April 20, 2024 6:27 PM

Trump needs to buy off enough GOP members of the Arizona House to override the state Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 135April 20, 2024 8:02 PM

How will the far-right media cover the story of an "illegal" immigrant who rapes & impregnates an Arizona woman?! Talk about a dilemma!

by Anonymousreply 136April 20, 2024 8:27 PM

R126 seems very current DL, rushing to share her outrage without first educating herself on what the facts are for the situation that she’s commenting on.

by Anonymousreply 137April 20, 2024 9:04 PM

AZ House votes to approve bill to overturn the law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 24, 2024 9:40 PM

These things work themselves out.

by Anonymousreply 139April 24, 2024 11:01 PM

AZ needs to get abortion on the ballot for November, enshrine it in their Constitution like Ohio did. Wouldn't that be the Rethugs worst nightmare- in a state they hope to win?

by Anonymousreply 140April 24, 2024 11:49 PM

[quote]AZ needs to get abortion on the ballot for November,

It's in the works. They've already got substantially more signatures than they need, and they have a little over two months in which to get more. They'll keep working.

by Anonymousreply 141April 25, 2024 5:48 AM

I hope the law doesn't get overturned, and the abortion ban stays. That will fire up people for the general election.

by Anonymousreply 142April 25, 2024 8:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!