Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Don Henley is lip-syncing on tour.

Fil of Wings of Pegasus conclusively nails him. Identical vocals on multiple fan recordings from multiple dates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 21, 2024 12:14 AM

No surprise here. A close friend who saw them on one of their tours told me he suspected at least some of them were lip syncing, which is disappointing. The group was known for their vocals and harmonies as much as their songwriting. It has become just a money making campaign for them at that point.

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2024 1:28 AM

At his age be thankful he isn't dragging an oxygen tank along the stage

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2024 1:33 AM

I think the more HUGE SHOCKING ALARMING revelation is that anyone cares so much that they made a 30 minute youtube video about it.

And even more SHOCKING is someone made a thread about it on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2024 1:37 AM

I'm shocked!

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2024 1:39 AM

He can’t hide his lying lips.

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2024 1:40 AM

That is part of what Phil of Wings of Pegasus does, analyses songs, albums, live band performances etc. He's a musician and offers guitar and singing lessons. He does go a bit too deep and technical here, but it is to prove that Henley is in fact lip-syncing. But usually his videos are pretty engaging.

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2024 1:42 AM

Wings of Pegasus is an excellent podcast for a few years. He really appreciates singers and musicians.

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2024 1:44 AM

^^I've been watching for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2024 1:44 AM

And he's quite cute too.

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2024 1:45 AM

I've known Don Henley for decades. I'm not surprised to find him lip syncing at this point. He's old. His voice isn't what it was. He's only doing this for the money, he actually hates the Eagles and has for years but can't pass up the cash.

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2024 1:48 AM

Who's not?

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2024 1:49 AM

r3 seek help

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2024 1:50 AM

R6 Sorry, I forgot he spells his name Fil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2024 1:52 AM

Notice that he doesn't include any actual singing / audio footage. Why? Because he'll get sued by the Eagles.

Don's voice was good for a long time. Now, he's just trying to make money.

Is Vince Gill still involved with the Eagles?

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2024 2:40 AM

R9, he'd be a lot cuter if he ditched the "Eighties high-school smoking lounge" hair.

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2024 3:32 AM

I don't know why live performers think that no one will notice or care.

by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2024 4:41 AM

[quote] I've known Don Henley for decades. I'm not surprised to find him lip syncing at this point. He's old. His voice isn't what it was. He's only doing this for the money, he actually hates the Eagles and has for years but can't pass up the cash.

He hates the music or the whole behemoth the band is, largely due to himself and Frey?

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2024 4:54 AM

He's not wild about the Eagles music and he hates the behemoth. He especially hate Glenn Frey. He doesn't blame himself for what they created together, of course.

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2024 5:22 AM

[quote] He's not wild about the Eagles music and he hates the behemoth.

It's always so interesting to hear of people like this demeaning the one thing that gave them fame, wealth, and nearly total independence. Not to mention bus loads of willing underage groupies.

I have to feel sorry for the burden they carry.

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2024 5:39 AM

[quote]Notice that he doesn't include any actual singing / audio footage.

You obviously didn't watch the video. Comparing the pitch graphs of different audio sources is precisely what Fil is doing.

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2024 5:45 AM

[quote]R7 Wings of Pegasus is an excellent podcast. He really appreciates singers and musicians.

I love him. He did an analysis of a Judy Garland recording once, and he just started smiling immediately because he appreciated her voice so much.

It was cute… considering his personality doesn’t exactly scream “Judy stan” right out of the gate.

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2024 6:17 AM

His smile is so genuine:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2024 6:24 AM

Don Henley and to a somewhat lesser extent Glenn Frey created a toxic environment in the Eagles band that by 1979-1980 basically destroyed the group. Ever since then any tours they did were strictly for creating revenue, not for enjoying the music . Even the money that was generated on tour, most of it went to Henley and Frey and the rest were paid like touring musicians rather than band members.

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2024 12:59 PM

Another reason to hate Hotel California

by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2024 1:35 PM

Don Henley is an asshole

by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2024 1:43 PM

I always preferred Glenn Frey's vocals.

by Anonymousreply 26April 12, 2024 1:59 PM

Vince Gill is touring with the Eagles as member but like Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmidt he’s technically a hired musician as Don and Irving Aziff control Eagles Inc. I’m not sure what Deacon Freys status is or if Cindy Frey kept Glens share of Eagles Inc. or it went to Henley after Freys death. When Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner left the band their shares went back to Henley, Frey and Felder. Henley and Frey tried to get Felder to give up his share in 2000 and become hired hands like Schmidt and Walsh are. Felder refused and he was fired from the band.

by Anonymousreply 27April 12, 2024 2:08 PM

I can't handle this YouTuber's voice. It's so pedantic sounding.

by Anonymousreply 28April 12, 2024 2:09 PM

[quote]R19 It's always so interesting to hear of people like this demeaning the one thing that gave them fame, wealth, and nearly total independence.

We’re all complex creatures - with conflicting reactions to things.

You can be extremely beautiful, but tired of the constant attention it brings and the way people only value that about you.

You can enjoy horror films but detest bloodshed.

You can be glad you get chemotherapy but still hate the process, etc.

Surely you’ve experienced conflicts like that?

by Anonymousreply 29April 12, 2024 5:05 PM

[quote]Don Henley is lip-syncing on tour.

Is he also eating a sandwich in class?

by Anonymousreply 30April 12, 2024 5:07 PM

When are we going to wake up to and come to terms with the fact that MOST of our beloved singing idols, young and old, now lip-sync part or all of their concerts? The technology is far advanced from what it used to be when Cher or Tony Orlando and Dawn would lipsync their latest single on the Mike Douglas show. The sophisticated mixing of these 'fakes' today ensure that the voice now sounds like it's actually happening right there in that concert hall or massive stadium in front of thousands of fans. I am more and more convinced that people no longer pay these ridiculous concert prices to actually hear a singer perform live but more for the 'honor' of being in the same room as their hero. And to take advantage of the photo opportunities so that they can confirm for their Insta followers that they enjoy some status and prestige - at least enough to get them floor seats for Beyoncé.

by Anonymousreply 31April 12, 2024 5:24 PM

That's not true of all of them r31. I actually appreciate musicians like Jon Bon Jovi and Springsteen cancelling and re-scheduling recent tours, after admitting to honest health issues that would have affected their performances (Bon Jovi I believe had throat issues and Bruce had ulcers). I would bet they sing live, it's all them.

Dylan, Willie Nelson, Robert Plant (all of whom I've seen in recent years) don't sound anything near as good live as they did in their heyday, but I greatly appreciate that they're still out their touring and honestly giving their all. With no lip-syncing.

by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2024 5:51 PM

[quote]Henley and Frey tried to get Felder to give up his share in 2000 and become hired hands like Schmidt and Walsh are. Felder refused and he was fired from the band.

Interesting. So did Don Felder manage to hand onto his share of the Eagles, is he still getting paid? Or did they end up buying him out? I remember he wrote a fairly scathing memoir around the time of his split with the band, and he had to take some passages out as part of an agreement with Frey and Henley in exchange for payment or other treatment.

I'd love to know the story of the back-and-forth with Deacon Frey and the touring band over the past few years. He was in, then left abruptly - then came back. Was he not getting along with Henley? If his mother still controls Glenn's band share, she'd have a large say in what happens and having her son re-join the tour.

by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2024 5:54 PM

What's with that haircut

by Anonymousreply 34April 12, 2024 5:55 PM

R31 There is a world of difference between lip-syncing on a TV show and expecting fans to pay and attend a live show to watch their favorite act mime rather than perform.

by Anonymousreply 35April 12, 2024 6:13 PM

It took far too long to tell this proof of lip-syncing story. It could have been done in 10 minutes, tops.

by Anonymousreply 36April 12, 2024 6:35 PM

For many TV shows it was a logistical nightmare to bring on a different live band, set up all the equipment, conduct all the necessary soundchecks, without impacting the other parts of the program, especially a talk show. It was easier to just bring on the lead singer and either singing along to the recorded track or lip-sync altogether.

The only thing I expect prerecorded at a live show is perhaps a synth backing track or an on the spot guitar loop.

by Anonymousreply 37April 12, 2024 6:58 PM

[quote]It took far too long to tell this proof of lip-syncing story. It could have been done in 10 minutes, tops.

I disagree. If you're going to take on Don Henley and the Eagles over lip-syncing, you better be damn sure you have a rock solid case. The nerdy pitch graphs, etc., provide an objective, scientific base. If you look at the comments, people were expecting the video to be pulled off YouTube in a matter of moments, yet it's still up there a week and a half later.

Fil even did a follow-up video a few days later, after people sent him other recent recordings of "Desperado" to add to the original comparison. That video is shorter, but it makes it even more obvious that the same vocal is being played, regardless of date or venue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 12, 2024 10:12 PM

is he the eagles guy or the looking for a heartbeat guy. i'm too young to care

by Anonymousreply 39April 12, 2024 10:13 PM

it's the eagles guy. well if my lawyer told me to shut up it'd take it seriously too.

by Anonymousreply 40April 12, 2024 10:13 PM

Bravo! R30

by Anonymousreply 41April 12, 2024 10:20 PM

As part of the settlement Don sold his share in Eagles Inc. to Henley/Frey. Felder said he got pretty much everything he asked for and Henley and Frey had him take some passages out of his book as a part of the settlement.

It was odd watching the Kennedy center honors when the eagles were honored. Frey wasn’t there because he was ill. So it was Henley and the 2 hired hands (Walsh and Schmidt) who were honored. No Leadon, Meisner or Felder. I’m sure Frey/Henley/Azoff made it clear they would only accept the award with the current incarnation of the band.

by Anonymousreply 42April 13, 2024 2:57 AM

I'm surprised his old paramour, Stevie Nicks, is still out there performing. Loved her voice when she was younger but wouldn't listen to it now.

by Anonymousreply 43April 13, 2024 3:01 AM

Stevie is an egotist cunt. So done with her. Fleetwood Mac is dead and they did not have to go out in such a shitty way.. That's on her ego.

She sounds like shit now (no range at all), however, her voice still has a real strength to it- which is actually surprising for someone her age- and who fucked with it badly for a good 15-20 years.

Whereas someone like Tori Amos who had always taken care of herself has no voice left at all- no power, no range... (Her last tour was so depressing)

Genetics probably-

by Anonymousreply 44April 13, 2024 12:53 PM

r42 Glenn was already dead for nearly a year when the Eagles received the KCH. In fact he may be one of the only posthumous recipients, since they don't as a rule nominate or award the deceased.

I think the Kennedy Center already chose them the year prior (2015) but b/c Frey was ill they chose to delay receipt.

by Anonymousreply 45April 13, 2024 11:28 PM

r38 beat me to it, they are totally correct: when dealing with an individual as notoriously litigious as Henley, any public declaration made against him, in public, needs to be airtight.

I've seen videos from that YouTuber Wings of Pegasus (is that the name?) before, he seems like a mellow decent guy who just likes to chat about music he likes. He has a modest following, I doubt he did any of this analysis for clicks or big attention. But he really nailed Henley, big time.

by Anonymousreply 46April 13, 2024 11:31 PM

R44, get some sleep hon.

by Anonymousreply 47April 19, 2024 5:00 AM

Ok, R46, but his voice is even more irritating than Henley's.

by Anonymousreply 48April 19, 2024 5:01 AM

[Dylan, Willie Nelson, Robert Plant (all of whom I've seen in recent years) don't sound anything near as good live as they did in their heyday,]

Did Dylan ever sound good???

by Anonymousreply 49April 19, 2024 5:01 AM

Glenn Frey is a cock gobbler. Likes wearing nylons while getting ass punched.

by Anonymousreply 50April 19, 2024 5:26 AM

[quote]Did Dylan ever sound good???

Lol well no, not in a great pop vocalist sense. He was at least intelligible and carried a tune in the 60s/70s. His Rolling Thunder Revue period was very entertaining, maybe his best live vocal period imo.

r50 Glenn's been dead several years now. Use past tense. There's no evidence that he was anything other than a straight Midwestern jock-type.

by Anonymousreply 51April 19, 2024 7:56 PM

60s/70s is 20 years of Dylan. He sucked for most of that. He made an effort to sing like a human being for maybe five years in there.

by Anonymousreply 52April 19, 2024 10:21 PM

Did Dylan fake his voice to sound more 'folksy' ? It just sounds so cartoonish.

by Anonymousreply 53April 20, 2024 5:47 PM

He started as a Woody Guthrie impersonator. Then he just sounded like a lazy idiot until Nashville Skyline, when he started trying to carry a tune. Ditto New Morning, but after that it went to shit again.

by Anonymousreply 54April 20, 2024 5:55 PM

Due to his huge cock, he is forgiven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 20, 2024 6:01 PM

Dylan has a huge cock?

by Anonymousreply 56April 20, 2024 6:04 PM

No r56, they're referring to Henley, vis a vis Connie Hamzy's book (linked at r55).

Although to my memory, Connie didn't actually say that Henley was hung. She noted Huey Lewis as being enormous, that I recall.

by Anonymousreply 57April 20, 2024 6:07 PM

R57, She did, indeed, cite Don Henley as being very well hung on Joan Rivers’ daytime talk show.

by Anonymousreply 58April 20, 2024 6:17 PM

He probably paid her to print that.

by Anonymousreply 59April 20, 2024 6:18 PM

R57, Go to 5:30 and she lists Don Henley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 20, 2024 6:24 PM

Well I stand corrected. We can all go to sleep tonight knowing that although he sues anyone on a dime and lipsyncs at live concerts, at least Don Henley had a long dong.

by Anonymousreply 61April 20, 2024 6:29 PM

I’d eat deacons ass.

by Anonymousreply 62April 20, 2024 6:31 PM

He's really just a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 63April 20, 2024 6:32 PM

The biggest shock to me is that people pay over $300 a ticket to see washed-up singers who are way past their prime croaking or lip-synching on stage. Rich boomers with nostalgic fantasies?

by Anonymousreply 64April 20, 2024 6:59 PM

$300 is for marginal and nose bleed seats in some markets.

by Anonymousreply 65April 20, 2024 11:42 PM

R65 True. As a decades long concert goer I am appalled how outrageous some of the more popular music acts ticket prices are. Often times the shitty seats start at $250 and the better seats go over $1,000.

by Anonymousreply 66April 20, 2024 11:46 PM

I'd rather see Belinda Carlisle's nostalgia tour.

by Anonymousreply 67April 21, 2024 12:10 AM

R1- I would LOVE for this SKANK to be nailed for lip synching on tour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 21, 2024 12:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!