Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Madonna throws a tantrum on stage last night

Throws a LuPone!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 18, 2024 1:20 AM

Was this after she started three hours late and disrespected her audience? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2024 6:41 PM

All because they turned on the air conditioning. She’s miming the show and she’s worried about her voice. Oh, my sides.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2024 6:44 PM

Her body looks great for an old hag.

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2024 6:48 PM

Thoughts and prayers for her.

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2024 7:10 PM

[quote]The show will not go on until you respect me.

Being in attendance having paid a lot for a ticket generally indicates respect. At first, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2024 7:11 PM

What a potty mouthed BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2024 7:15 PM

Who or what is this diatribe pointed at?

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2024 7:17 PM

“This show will not go on UNTIL YOU RESPECT ME!!!!”

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2024 7:17 PM

R2, she doesn't mime the whole show. She sings along to backing vocals, but I think for the slower ballads, that's her singing live.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2024 7:24 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2024 7:26 PM

"Attention. Attention. All I want is attention."

Fuck you, The former Madonna Louise Chiccone Penn Ritchie

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2024 7:28 PM

You Must Love Meeeeee

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2024 7:31 PM

Fredo couldn't have said it better.

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2024 7:32 PM

Disgusting twat.

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2024 7:34 PM

Once Michigan trash, always Michigan trash.

And where are her elderly fangurls who were screaming ad nauseam last year that this tour would gross a billion dollars? Ha!

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2024 7:35 PM

Well one of them is screaming like a loud stupid bitch at every word she's saying, r15.

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2024 7:38 PM

R2 has already said it: she was complaining because there were technical issues and the venue's air conditioning had been turned on, and that was affecting her voice... Oh, my sides! 🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2024 7:41 PM

[quote] she doesn't mime the whole show. She sings along to backing vocals, but I think for the slower ballads, that's her singing live.

Honey, you’re being generous. The backing tracking is ten times louder than anything coming out of her mouth. She even stops mouthing. The ballads are 50/50. She was caught miming Bad Girl. She hardly moves during this show.

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2024 7:41 PM

R15 = those women from Michigan troll

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2024 7:42 PM

She brought up I know grid Caresse, her cokehead sycophantic lesbian lover, last night on stage.

by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2024 7:42 PM

Just when you try liking Madonna she reminds everyone who she truly is.

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2024 7:43 PM

R20, Ingrid Casares.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 7, 2024 7:47 PM

[quote]she was complaining because there were technical issues and the venue's air conditioning had been turned on, and that was affecting her voice...

Hilarious. Like she's Joan Sutherland or something.

by Anonymousreply 23April 7, 2024 7:53 PM

She was yelling at the tech crew in Miami. Good for her. These union guys are usually local jerks who think they know more about running technical shows and probably didn't even pay attention to Madonna's crew. I can't say I blame her. She's the last great pop star from the 80s and she's working her ass off and exceeding all expectations on this show. She has a free concert in Rio (I think) coming up in a few weeks and her voice is already showing signs of being tired, so of course no AC. She is one of the few pop diva's who sings live nowadays. Yes, it's a mix because it's a greatest hits tour and you bitches want the songs to sound the same as 50 years ago, but she's still singing live.

by Anonymousreply 24April 7, 2024 7:54 PM

She's off her rocker.

by Anonymousreply 25April 7, 2024 7:56 PM

[quote]She's the last great pop star from the 80s

Not as long as Ms. Jackson is still alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 7, 2024 8:00 PM

r24: Hi, Madge!

by Anonymousreply 27April 7, 2024 8:01 PM

It is sort of hilarious that she's tanking what's left of her own career.

For someone who spent years making very smart moves to build her career, it's only karma that she's the one to destroy it.

Let me grab some popcorn. I'm here for it.

by Anonymousreply 28April 7, 2024 8:04 PM

These outbursts during her shows just prove how exhausted and dried up Madge is. Shockingly, she remains devoid of self awareness to the point that she continues to sabotage her legacy by limping around onstage, lip-synching, and demanding the crowd worship her geriatric carnival act.

by Anonymousreply 29April 7, 2024 8:07 PM

[quote]She was yelling at the tech crew in Miami. Good for her. These union guys are usually local jerks who think they know more about running technical shows and probably didn't even pay attention to Madonna's crew.

You can't even write, r24. Those local "union guys" *do* know more about running technical shows in their specific venue than anyone else. That's their job. A road crew cannot put on a show without them.

Why do you think that they "didn't even pay attention to Madonna's crew"? You're just making that up. Local and road crews (both are union guys - and gals, btw) have to communicate well for a show to happen.

[quote]She is one of the few pop diva's who sings live nowadays.

A). She is rarely singing live, if at all, and

B). "diva's", in the way you are using it, does not require an apostrophe.

by Anonymousreply 30April 7, 2024 8:24 PM

I was there last night and it was unclear to me what was going on or who was the target.

She was bitching about the AC (it's fucking Miami!) a couple of times, but this felt different to me.

Not on the video, but she did finish with "this isn't about my fans. I know you respect me."

For what it's worth, Ingrid looked really good and chic in the suit.

by Anonymousreply 31April 7, 2024 8:32 PM

As if we tetchy old DL fuckers wouldn’t throw tantrums on stage too.

You CALL this caftan IRONED???!!!!

by Anonymousreply 32April 7, 2024 8:33 PM

Why do I get the impression that the extent of Madonna's 'tech crew' would be insisting the local union guys wear chiffon?

by Anonymousreply 33April 7, 2024 8:33 PM

"I also work very hard, cause I am a mother, and I am artist. And I ...am a Queen yes. I get really mad when people don't care about my health. This is my 71st show. And I will keep going."

by Anonymousreply 34April 7, 2024 8:54 PM

So she threw a tantrum. Big deal. Have you ever seen Elton John in concert? The bitch was always throwing tantrums.

by Anonymousreply 35April 7, 2024 9:12 PM

Maybe she’s on her period.

by Anonymousreply 36April 7, 2024 9:21 PM

The only thing she;s on is her last leg.

by Anonymousreply 37April 7, 2024 9:35 PM

Looks and sounds cray-zee!

by Anonymousreply 38April 7, 2024 9:39 PM

[quote]she's working her ass off

There's plenty to spare.

by Anonymousreply 39April 7, 2024 9:45 PM

One day someone will die of a heat stroke in one of her crowds

by Anonymousreply 40April 7, 2024 9:46 PM

Who threw a tantrum?

by Anonymousreply 41April 7, 2024 9:49 PM

With that camera right on her you think this was "unexpected?" You know it's making into the video release of the tour.

You think it happened in Miami with all those Wilted Manors and Latino bottom-fan boys by accident? You saw the clip, she knew they'd eat it up.

But yes, she does like the venues warm. Here in SF the Chase Center was boiling in late February. But even staff said Depeche Mode was worse. Madonna had AC set to 74; Depeche Mode had it at 82 degrees.

by Anonymousreply 42April 7, 2024 9:50 PM

this is nothing new for her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 7, 2024 10:01 PM

R42, I saw Depeche Mode at the Kia Forum in December, and it was uncomfortably warm in that venue.

by Anonymousreply 44April 7, 2024 10:05 PM

Sad last days

by Anonymousreply 45April 7, 2024 10:07 PM

She shoo is old!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 7, 2024 10:08 PM

Garish old washed up trash

I hate people who go on and on about how hard or how long they worked on something. Quality should be the criterion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 7, 2024 10:11 PM

I respect Patti Lupone!

by Anonymousreply 48April 7, 2024 11:07 PM

How DARE she?

by Anonymousreply 49April 7, 2024 11:11 PM

That bitchy moment smash-cut wasn't remotely bitchy but I'll be bitchy and say her accent is hilarious. Hidden Valley Raaaaaanch

by Anonymousreply 50April 7, 2024 11:19 PM

R50 I had to LOL as she's gone through so many accents. My favorite was her Guy Ritchie-era pseudo-intellectualBrit. This was while she was still at her zenith and pulled it off.

This tour she's going for American Libfemme, but seriously at times she did have a Grandma voice. It was especially noticeable during Hung Up for some reason, maybe because it comes over halfway through the show and she's getting tired and the Hung Up number requires some dance moves.

by Anonymousreply 51April 7, 2024 11:28 PM

She's overdoing it with these shows and is getting progressively cranky. She's too old to be putting on the performances she's attempting to put on, and it's wearing on her.

by Anonymousreply 52April 7, 2024 11:30 PM

Her hair or wig looks good.

by Anonymousreply 53April 7, 2024 11:35 PM

Only about two and a half weeks left then the tour ends.

by Anonymousreply 54April 7, 2024 11:36 PM

R52 Fair point. It is towards the end of the run. Even in Feb she was already mouthing off about doing 80 shows of the same numbers. She has a break between her series of shows in Mexico City. Hopefully she gets some rest.

R53 True story, when she came out in that outfit here in San Francisco, the straight Brazilian guys behind us (they were with their wives) were like "WHOOOOOOA." She's been someone inconsistent with her looks, but from a distance and with all the smoke and mirrors, the bitch still knows how to look good.

by Anonymousreply 55April 7, 2024 11:38 PM

[quote] This was while she was still at her zenith and pulled it off.

No she wasn’t and no she didn’t. She was a total joke.

by Anonymousreply 56April 7, 2024 11:47 PM

The wig is atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 57April 7, 2024 11:47 PM

Yikes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 7, 2024 11:49 PM

R58, she's Dame Edna now?

by Anonymousreply 59April 7, 2024 11:58 PM

Senior citizens need to take their mood stabilizers or perhaps exit the stage for a less geriatric performer.

by Anonymousreply 60April 8, 2024 12:03 AM

She’s jumped the shark. Friends of mine left her show in CA. They were soaking in sweat, she was late, balled out the audience, and sang along on and off to recorded tracks. They stayed as long as they did in more or less shock amazed at the spectacle. .

What is wrong with her?

by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2024 12:08 AM

R61 she's a very damaged person. She and Angelina both lost their mothers at a young age and have been acting out for attention ever since. Madge needs an intervention and the remaining dates of her tour canceled. Hell, even Britney can start a show on time. JFC.

by Anonymousreply 62April 8, 2024 12:15 AM

[quote]Not on the video, but she did finish with "this isn't about my fans. I know you respect me."

Do we?

Do we?

by Anonymousreply 63April 8, 2024 12:17 AM

[quote] Hell, even Britney can start a show on time. JFC.

Britney can barely string a coherent sentence together.

by Anonymousreply 64April 8, 2024 1:20 AM

How were people disrespecting her?

by Anonymousreply 65April 8, 2024 1:22 AM

She's tilting into Norma Desmond territory.

"No one ever leaves a star. That's what makes one a star."

by Anonymousreply 66April 8, 2024 1:29 AM

"Let the first senior with no delusions of grandeur throw the first stone."

C'mon DL "I'm 65 but look 45 and get 25 yos on the regular" queens!

by Anonymousreply 67April 8, 2024 1:34 AM

Throws a LuPone?! I'll give you a LuPone!

“I was on the treadmill when MTV used to have videos, and I saw ’Buenos Aires,’ and I thought it was a piece of shit. Madonna is a movie killer. She’s dead behind the eyes. She cannot act her way out of a paper bag. She should not be in film or onstage. She’s a wonderful performer for what she does, but she is not an actress.”

by Anonymousreply 68April 8, 2024 1:43 AM

Vile, cunt-like woman.

by Anonymousreply 69April 8, 2024 1:47 AM

I was treated!

by Anonymousreply 70April 8, 2024 1:48 AM

r13, that was a shrewd burn.

by Anonymousreply 71April 8, 2024 1:54 AM

Why does she want the temperature so warm? Her big plastic ass Is going to melt.

by Anonymousreply 72April 8, 2024 1:57 AM

There was a time... long, long, long ago, that Madge was a hot bitch who needed cool air!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 8, 2024 1:59 AM

Anyone who actually paid money to attend this shitshow deserves whatever she yells at them.

by Anonymousreply 74April 8, 2024 2:04 AM

A lot of these old performers should gracefully retire but if their massive egos still need those strokes, they generally know how to behave and are grateful that fans still go out to see them.

Consider: Mick Jagger is even older than that overrated cunt, but at least when onstage, acts like a professional, and stays in shape to do his dance moves . I also doubt he’d have querulous hissy fits onstage either. Why can’t Madonna act like that? Her dumb and besotted (old) fans enable her, too.

Fuck them and her.

by Anonymousreply 75April 8, 2024 2:11 AM

Poor Mamie VanDonna! 😱😝😜

by Anonymousreply 76April 8, 2024 2:16 AM

She’s a thermostat queen like my grandma. It’s always in the high 70s at nana’s house!

by Anonymousreply 77April 8, 2024 2:17 AM

She’s giving Jessica Lange S4 American Horror Story vibes.

by Anonymousreply 78April 8, 2024 2:18 AM

Why can't they give me the respect that I would get from any stranger in the audience?!

by Anonymousreply 79April 8, 2024 2:29 AM

[quote] and stays in shape to do his dance moves

This is being very generous to Jagger. He has never danced a day in his life. He just moves his body on stage but I wouldn't call it dancing. But I agree with you regarding the professionalism part.

by Anonymousreply 80April 8, 2024 2:35 AM

Um, at least I can sing the lyrics in English.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 8, 2024 2:41 AM

She's an embarrassment. How does she still have fans?

by Anonymousreply 82April 8, 2024 2:41 AM

R82 Jeffrey Dahmer and Ted Bundy have fan bases. Anything bizarre and degenerate has a fan base of some kind.

by Anonymousreply 83April 8, 2024 2:52 AM

She always said she wanted a career like Marlena Dietrich. She's at the stage now where she staples her wig to the top of her head and carries her applause recordings to play at parties.

by Anonymousreply 84April 8, 2024 2:57 AM

This is why Tina Turner retired from the concert stage when she could no longer perform like she wanted to. She went out on top. That showed a respect for her fans that Madonna has never had.

by Anonymousreply 85April 8, 2024 3:04 AM

High. Call Miami Vice.

by Anonymousreply 86April 8, 2024 3:05 AM

Sounds like she's trying a new way to introduce Express Yourself.

by Anonymousreply 87April 8, 2024 3:12 AM

"How DARE you refer to me as elderly! This is my most recent IG post and I don't look a day over 35!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 8, 2024 3:51 AM

[quote]Anything bizarre and degenerate has a fan base of some kind.

I just feel bad for all those elderly gays spending their social security checks on tickets for her concerts.

by Anonymousreply 89April 8, 2024 3:53 AM

Madonna seems to be taking the Rosanne Barr road. Will she go MAGA? Lol.

by Anonymousreply 90April 8, 2024 3:54 AM

May lightning strike me but I thought Ingrid Casares was dead.

by Anonymousreply 91April 8, 2024 4:00 AM

You WILL respect me grinding against inanimate objects!

by Anonymousreply 92April 8, 2024 4:12 AM

“I will not be talked to this way after jello time!”

by Anonymousreply 93April 8, 2024 4:35 AM

She’s tired, tired of being admired, tired of love uninspired. Let's face it: she’s tired!

by Anonymousreply 94April 8, 2024 4:43 AM

I just got home from her show tonight in Miami.

There was no a.c. on in the building. It was hot as hell.

She made a comment thanking whoever (I forget) for not turning the a.c. on AND apologizing to us, the audience, if we were hot.

by Anonymousreply 95April 8, 2024 5:47 AM

I was at the show, too. Thank God it's not a humid night.

Speaking of getting hot, Ricky was visibly excited.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 8, 2024 6:19 AM

R96 did my eyes deceive me or did he get a…? Also wtf, looked more like the back room of a gay sex club than a pop concert! *clutches pearls (and Ricky’s crotch*

by Anonymousreply 97April 8, 2024 8:30 AM

R20 "grid Caresse"

Aren't you special! 👏🤡

by Anonymousreply 98April 8, 2024 8:34 AM

“Why can’t you give me the RESPECT that I’m ENTITLED TO!?!?!?”

by Anonymousreply 99April 8, 2024 8:55 AM

[quote] Have you ever seen Elton John in concert? The bitch was always throwing tantrums.

Tantrums AND Tiaras!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 8, 2024 9:38 AM

We older post-menopausal gals can get a bit, ah, crabby at times. The cessation of menstrual periods signals a whole new era of Norma Desmond-style outbursts.

Take cover, Gents.

by Anonymousreply 101April 8, 2024 10:22 AM

Bin Bags, Madge! Bin Bags!

by Anonymousreply 102April 8, 2024 10:45 AM

So youthful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 8, 2024 10:50 AM

[quote] There was no a.c. on in the building. It was hot as hell.

This sounds like flat-out abuse to me. She didn't turn that AC on...in Miami???? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 104April 8, 2024 1:15 PM

I love hot Madonna is still co-opting the Ballroom dance scene, (which she was never ever ever a part of), to her own advantage. She slummed it on the LES with all the art kids. She wasn't up in Harlem, nor would she have wanted to associate with it then, before making money off of it. Now she's just doing it because she saw Beyonce made some coins off of it. But Beyonce acknowledged the genres roots by giving credit to and showcasing key players and houses in the scene on her album. Has Madonna ever?

by Anonymousreply 105April 8, 2024 1:34 PM

And none of the songs from Renaissance, not even "Break My Ass", is anywhere near as good as Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 106April 8, 2024 1:40 PM

...what's left for Madge after this tour is done? Acting or directing? No. Madonna film bio? Probably not. Another album? Probably, but will it sell? Surely not another tour. Memoir, probably. Years of posting delusional Instagram selfies? What's left for the Material Girl?

by Anonymousreply 107April 8, 2024 3:24 PM

R107, it would be best for Madonna to retire and have a hologram replace her. Maybe then, people will start listening to her catalogue again.

by Anonymousreply 108April 8, 2024 3:41 PM

Once Madonna dies, her team will need to go into overdrive to scrub the internet of the past 14 or so years of her existence. Especially that NFT of bugs crawling out of her vagina.

by Anonymousreply 109April 8, 2024 4:22 PM

[quote]it would be best for Madonna to retire and have a hologram replace her. Maybe then, people will start listening to her catalogue again.

And maybe, just maybe, it could be programmed to show up on time.

by Anonymousreply 110April 8, 2024 4:49 PM

r110, absolutely. The hologram would have to remind people of the Madonna who was an interesting, entertaining, professional bitch rather than just a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 111April 8, 2024 4:54 PM

The last 20 years of her career have been as impactful as a fart in a sock. The moment she 'rapped' about life and stuff in American Life, it was game over.

She owes ABBA's Benny and Bjorn a huge 'thank you' for allowing her to eke out the inevitable, forgettable decline.

by Anonymousreply 112April 8, 2024 5:23 PM

R112, Confessions was massive and Hard Candy did well too. But her career was pretty much dead in America after American Life. Deservedly so, in my opinion. That rap was horrendous. You see some stans on reddit claiming she was going for irony. No, she was not.

by Anonymousreply 113April 8, 2024 5:32 PM

She needs to respect herself and retire before she makes herself look like a crazy, fame mad old hag, which she's rapidly on the way to accomplishing.

by Anonymousreply 114April 8, 2024 5:41 PM

R105 what a crock of shit. Neither Madonna nor Beyonce were part of "the ball scene".

Yet Madonna took inspiration in 1990, 35 fucking years ago. And she toured for years with black dancers as integral parts of her show.

AND in this tour, hired a contemporary gender bending black queen Bob and puts him central in her show.

AND hauls up Kevin fucking Aviance on the stage.

SIT THE FUCK DOWN AND SHUT UP YOU IGNORANT TWAT.

Beyoncé is a copy of a copy of copy of a copy. A stupid cow, to boot.

by Anonymousreply 115April 8, 2024 5:50 PM

Amateur.

by Anonymousreply 116April 8, 2024 5:50 PM

Too late, R114. WAY too late.

by Anonymousreply 117April 8, 2024 6:04 PM

R106, lets be honest with ourselves...

Vogue is a good song because of what it meant at the time it came out, the impact it had on the culture as a whole, the visuals. But the song in and of itself isn't that good. It's basic and the lyrics kinda silly. Nothing too deep. And the music isn't even hers, but lifted. The major part foul that Madonna made was to continually be ridiculous over the decades since her last good album - forcing us to go back and actually listen to her music. When you do that, there are few songs you actually want to revisit. She has revealed herself to be quite empty and sadly, powerless in the face of self-acceptance.

by Anonymousreply 118April 8, 2024 7:07 PM

I disagree, I think Vogue is a great song.

by Anonymousreply 119April 8, 2024 7:22 PM

Madonna has plenty of great pop songs. Get over yourselves. She is also considered a very good album artist. Unlike you know who.... Beyoncé.

Also I liked even later career stuff - for example Beautiful Killer, Beautiful Scars.

by Anonymousreply 120April 8, 2024 7:31 PM

Mum, stop being so reductive!

by Anonymousreply 121April 8, 2024 7:47 PM

Bitter crone.

by Anonymousreply 122April 8, 2024 7:56 PM

Forcing myself (which I had to do given her antics) to revisit her catalog left me with entirely the opposite conclusion.

She has a half dozen or more stronger bangers and her ballads are even better.

by Anonymousreply 123April 8, 2024 7:59 PM

She can be crapping out singles and albums for the next twenty years, but let's face it, her legacy lies in the 80s and up to about 1991.

The rest of the 90s is extremely patchy, no one gives a fuck about her Evita. The 00s had Hung Up. The '10s and '20s.....? Nada.

If she retired at 1991, she'd have quit at her peak, instead with all egoists, she dragged the ass outta it.

And stans, please don't argue the toss that Hard Candy, Rebel Heart, MDNA and Madame X are 'good'.

by Anonymousreply 124April 8, 2024 8:07 PM

R123, it is still surprising to me that Madonna managed to make a ballad about rape go to number 1. That is incredibly bold. Warner Brothers thought she was nuts for choosing to make Live to Tell the lead single from True Blue.

by Anonymousreply 125April 8, 2024 8:07 PM

Puhlease, R125. Stop trying to make her interesting. Link to where exactly Live to Tell is about rape.

by Anonymousreply 126April 8, 2024 8:08 PM

R126, even as a kid, I always thought it was obviously about a rape survivor.

by Anonymousreply 127April 8, 2024 8:33 PM

R123 I actually prefer her 90’s to mid 00’s far better and more interesting than her 80’s stuff. Except American Life,that was the misfire. I still think Ray of Light is one of the best electro pop albums out there and Confessions one of the best dance albums. Like or hate her, and I kind of neither like her nor hate her, she’s never been dull.

by Anonymousreply 128April 8, 2024 8:34 PM

But R126, you could be correct, it may not be about that. It could just be about abuse. Regardless, the ballad is very dark and Warner Brothers thought she was making a dumb move in releasing it as the first single off her new album.

by Anonymousreply 129April 8, 2024 8:34 PM

She threatened suicide in Atlanta last night. She’s losing her mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 8, 2024 8:44 PM

I really miss the Madonna who seemed like she didn't let things really get under her skin. I remember in 2003 or so, Madonna was asked if she was embarassed by the Sex book. And she said something like "it happened and it is what it is and it's part of my past." Now, that's changed to "the media tried to destroy me, all for expressing myself!". Today's Madonna is a perpetual victim.

by Anonymousreply 131April 8, 2024 8:55 PM

R131, she denounced the Sex book in 2004. She was completely insufferable after 2000 when the British Guy Ritchie Kabbalah insanity took over full-time.

by Anonymousreply 132April 8, 2024 9:02 PM

R132, she denounced it, really? But now, she's claiming it was so "brave" and bold of her to do it? God, why does she seem to regress?

by Anonymousreply 133April 8, 2024 9:05 PM

Wasn't Live to Tell on the soundtrack of a very forgettable movie her then-husband Sean Penn was in?

by Anonymousreply 134April 8, 2024 9:09 PM

"She threatened suicide in Atlanta last night. She’s losing her mind."

Get back to us when she follows through.

by Anonymousreply 135April 8, 2024 9:17 PM

The regression is what makes you question everything. All that shanti shanti kabbalah stuff doesn't like it would have ever come from a woman who needed NARCAN at fucking 63 years of age from her 25 yo boyfriend to bring her back from an overdose.

by Anonymousreply 136April 8, 2024 9:18 PM

^doesn't sound like...

by Anonymousreply 137April 8, 2024 9:18 PM

R136, that's exactly it for me. Her trajectory since 1998 makes no sense, it's actually completely backwards. The Madonna of 1998 was seeminly more mature than the Madonna today.

by Anonymousreply 138April 8, 2024 9:19 PM

For someone so reluctant to revisit her musical past, Madonna of recent years has no qualms with referring back to her visual past. This photoshoot she did with Meisel on turnign 60, smacks of those eldergays who upload pics of themselves in their heydays to dating apps.

The "hey, I was fuckable once" plea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 8, 2024 9:23 PM

Patrick Leonard has an interesting story on Live to Tell. He was working on a movie and wrote the music. He asked Madonna to do the lyrics as a favor to help him get the gig.

The producers hated it and fired him. Madonna pitched it to Penn et al, for their film, and the rest is history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140April 8, 2024 9:23 PM

Her Pat Leonard glory days are long gone, unfortunately.

It's been a while since she relied on one or two writers to help her craft a song. Some of the crap on Rebel Heart has upwards of eight songwriters credited per track.

by Anonymousreply 141April 8, 2024 9:39 PM

The regression makes you question whether a woman who at age 47 wrote:

“I don't like cities/ But I like New York/ Other places make me feel like a dork”

Could possibly ever write at age 28:

“I know where beauty lives / I've seen it once, I know the warm she gives / The light that you could never see / It shines inside / you can't take that from me”

Or was it just an industry of people who really needed Madonna to happen and supplied her with the best there was to offer. As that support dwindled album after album, her true talent, or lack there of, outside of ambition, was revealed. That’s why she has to scream for respect now and tell everyone how hard she’s working. That’s why her face looks the way it does and she still wears panties on stage.

How much of it, again outside of ambition, was really her?

by Anonymousreply 142April 8, 2024 9:56 PM

Ooooofff, R142. The contrast in those two excerpts is stark! Did she pilfer that Live to Tell line from Baldwin? Or another of her favourites, Anne Sexton?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 8, 2024 10:02 PM

Does her tour end in Brazil?

by Anonymousreply 144April 8, 2024 10:07 PM

Niles and Babyface have confirmed that she can (or could) write lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 145April 8, 2024 10:11 PM

1989 Madonna:

"Seems like yesterday, I lay down next to your boots and I prayed,

For your anger to end,

Oh father, I have sinned"

1992 Madonna:

"My pussy has nine lives"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146April 8, 2024 10:12 PM

Narcissists never stop. We won't see the end of her until she dies because she can't handle not being somewhat relevant.

by Anonymousreply 147April 8, 2024 10:18 PM

[quote] It's been a while since she relied on one or two writers to help her craft a song. Some of the crap on Rebel Heart has upwards of eight songwriters credited per track.

No wonder Beyonce calls her "queen mother." She learned from Madge to enlist an army of songwriters for one song.

by Anonymousreply 148April 8, 2024 10:56 PM

She should have just stopped after Ray of Light and retired. Once she started adopting all those African kids and got the British accent, she seemed totally crazy and exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 149April 9, 2024 12:36 AM

This is why she's so crabby

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 9, 2024 1:09 AM

That Anne Sexton 'homage' @ R143 is a real hoot. She looks like Joan Collins, acting 'inspiration', badly.

by Anonymousreply 151April 9, 2024 6:29 AM

Wow no AC in Miami of all places! That's nuts... the woman knows how to make a statement!

by Anonymousreply 152April 12, 2024 2:52 AM

I'm seeing her tomorrow night in Austin. She'd better not pull this shit.

Coincidentally, I saw her in her first concert tour in Austin, and what will probably end up being her last concert tour there, too. 🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 153April 13, 2024 8:22 PM

[quote] she denounced it, really?

Yep. Said she did it for attention.

by Anonymousreply 154April 13, 2024 8:26 PM

[quote] Niles and Babyface have confirmed that she can (or could) write lyrics.

Uh huh. She has a history of taking songs she worked on with others and take them to others. The writing for the original song was done by someone else so by the time she brings it to the next producer they think she’s such great songwriter. It’s an entire fraud.

by Anonymousreply 155April 13, 2024 8:28 PM

Poet Madonna

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 13, 2024 8:29 PM

[quote] Yep. Said she did it for attention.

See, this kind of honesty and sanity is what Madonna needs today. But she regressed. And now she claims The Sex book was an important statement and that the media tried to punish her for it. That's what's so weird for me. She went from kabbalah to lady of the manor to plastic granny. That trajectory doesn't make any sense.

by Anonymousreply 157April 13, 2024 9:01 PM

She has stated her boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 158April 13, 2024 9:07 PM

R157 I think something happened around the time she had that horse riding accident around 2005 and then her divorce. It’s like it broke her mind somehow and sent her spinning on a regressive trajectory. It’s sad because I was kind of a fan of hers growing up, during the 90’s and 00’s. Now I’m just saddened by her.

by Anonymousreply 159April 13, 2024 9:58 PM

I don't think she ever seemed normal or reasonable. She always came across as a narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 160April 13, 2024 10:06 PM

R159, I agree with that. Both of those things seem to have warped her mind. And now, it's just weird. She acts like it's still 1986 and the world loves her; they don't.

by Anonymousreply 161April 13, 2024 10:15 PM

The Geritol Tour

by Anonymousreply 162April 13, 2024 10:18 PM

No AC? So we can assume the hot flushes phase is over for her.

by Anonymousreply 163April 14, 2024 7:29 AM

[quote] She and Angelina both lost their mothers at a young age and have been acting out for attention ever since.

R62 Angelina who? Surely you don't mean Jolie who was 31 when her mother passed away from cancer.

by Anonymousreply 164April 14, 2024 8:11 AM

It was terrible for her to realize, all that success, but she could never keep a man, and it looks like she can't even get a woman. Now she's old and nobody loves her, and that passel of kids is no compensation. She's caricaturing herself, doubling down, when she should totally revamp somehow.

by Anonymousreply 165April 14, 2024 1:40 PM

R164 You don't think 31 is a young age to lose one's mother?

by Anonymousreply 166April 14, 2024 2:11 PM

[quote]No AC? So we can assume the hot flushes phase is over for her.

She’s well beyond that. She’s now into her old lady in a nursing home with three sweaters and the temp on 85 stage.

by Anonymousreply 167April 14, 2024 3:38 PM

R166, there is a massive difference betwen losing your mom at 5 versus 31. I'm thinking the former is more devastating than the latter.

by Anonymousreply 168April 14, 2024 5:55 PM

I LOVE NEW YORK....OTHER CITIES MAKE ME FEEL LIKE A DORK

by Anonymousreply 169April 17, 2024 9:56 PM

Saw her in Austin on Sunday. I've always been a big fan, seen all but the last two tours.

It was not great. The going on two hours late, the heat (we were sweating just sitting down), and the performance felt "joyless." Like she had no desire to be there (she did tell us she was "tired.")

Overall disappointed, especially since I paid $1,000 for the 2 tickets.

by Anonymousreply 170April 17, 2024 11:03 PM

I don't think Madonna enjoys performing in Flyoverland. She basically said so when she was here in SF.

I thought her SF performance was a 7 out of 10 for Madonna. However, I ran across a Madison Square performance on YouTube and you could feel the connection to the city. Then I went down into the rabbithole of YouTube and saw her live (packed) stadium performances in Milan, Tokyo, and Buenos Aires. Yeah, I can imagine Austin at "Bank XXX stadium" are deflating for her. Even seeing all the HR Betty-looking front row fans at her Detroit show looked depressing.

She gave a heartfelt speech about living across from Madison Square garden with a drug dealer and recently-released from an institution bipolar neighbor her first few years in NYC. When she said she was literally running for her life those first years in NYC, I remembered what appealed to the gays about her in her prime. She turned fearless and uapologetic.

As a young gay coming out post-AIDS and pre-social acceptance, Madonna saved my life and I will forever be grateful for that.

by Anonymousreply 171April 18, 2024 12:15 AM

R171, thank you for posting. Interesting points about her attitude/connection towards different cities.

by Anonymousreply 172April 18, 2024 12:36 AM

[quote] As a young gay coming out post-AIDS and pre-social acceptance, Madonna saved my life and I will forever be grateful for that.

MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 173April 18, 2024 12:57 AM

R170 Can I ask what you got $1K? Were you close to the stage?

I can't take heat and humidity so I wouldn't be able to deal. Shouldn't Il Diva think perhaps a bit more of her audience than to leave them sweating in their seats?

by Anonymousreply 174April 18, 2024 12:59 AM

R173 I knew someone would MARY me lol. Yes, a bit dramatic, I know.

For real though, Madonna in the 80s and 90s was one of the few icons young gaylings could look up to. She courted us when she didn't have to and spoke up on our behalf. To have a superstar be on "our" side back them gave us hope that we'd rise above shame and fear over being who and what we were. Those were the lyrics she sang then.

She saved my life, indirectly. Listening to four decades of her songs at Celebration took me back to so many moments that I vividly recalled listening to her in 1984,1994, and even 2004 and thought "I'm gonna be okay one day. Fuck them bitches." I don't think I'm alone in this regard.

by Anonymousreply 175April 18, 2024 1:11 AM

Old news is no news.

by Anonymousreply 176April 18, 2024 1:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!