Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Vacation horror as ‘drunk’ son, 20, jumps from Royal Caribbean cruise in front of family

A cruise turned into a nightmare for people aboard Royal Caribbean’s Liberty of the Seas when a young man jumped overboard shortly after 4 a.m. Thursday.

The 18-story ship was sailing between Cuba and the Bahamas’ Grand Inagua Island when the as-yet-unidentified man jumped off one of the decks.

According to onlookers, his father and brother watched helplessly as he leaped over the side.

Some passengers said it appeared to be an impulsive, spur-of-the-moment decision.

“I had hung out with him and his brother in the hot tub until 3:30,” passenger Bryan Sims tells The Post. ” It was standing room only. He sat right beside me the whole time.”

“He was pretty drunk,” Sims continues.

“As we were walking from the hot tub back to the elevators, his dad and brother were walking towards us. His dad was fussing at him for being drunk, I guess.”

“When we got to them, he said to his dad, ‘I’ll fix this right now.’ And he jumped out the window in front of us all.”

“There was a lot of yelling, and the crew was alerted immediately,” another passenger, Deborah Morrison, told The Post.

“His family was horrified. Just beside themselves. I can’t even begin to imagine what they’re going through.”

“It was insane,” says Sims. “It was just surreal.”

In a statement to The Post, Royal Caribbean said its crew immediately sprang into action following the incident.

“The ship’s crew immediately launched a search and rescue effort alongside the US Coast Guard, who has taken over the search,” the statement reads.

“Our Care Team is providing support and assistance to the guest’s family during this difficult time. For the privacy of the guest and their family, we have no additional details to share.”

News of the apparent suicide attempt quickly spread among the guests — and many of them tried to help in any way they could.

“The early morning was definitely somber as so many people came out of their cabins to stare at the sea, hoping to be able to aid in finding the person,” said Amy Phelps Fouse, a passenger on the ship.

“Royal Caribbean has been excellent at communicating updates throughout the day,” Fouse continued. “They have asked that people act with compassion in light of the tragic situation.”

Overboard incidents on cruise ships are rare.

According to the Washington Post, about 386 people were reported to have gone overboard on the major cruise lines between 2000 to 2020.

The incidents, whether accidental or intentional, are often deadly.

In the past few years, most cruise lines have enacted onboard safety measures and surveillance systems to help reduce the risk of overboard deaths.

The Coast Guard confirmed to The Post it is still conducting a search and rescue operation in the waters off Cuba. The man has not yet been found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352April 17, 2024 4:49 AM

[quote] “He was pretty drunk,” Sims continues.

[quote] “As we were walking from the hot tub back to the elevators, his dad and brother were walking towards us. His dad was fussing at him for being drunk, I guess.”

[quote] “When we got to them, he said to his dad, ‘I’ll fix this right now.’ And he jumped out the window in front of us all.”

Well, he really showed his dad!

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2024 9:06 AM

Twinks are going insane!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2024 9:09 AM

Garbage barges, these cruise ships.

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2024 9:10 AM

The New York Post is basically Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2024 9:13 AM

Well I hope his fusspot dad is happy.

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2024 9:25 AM

They should sue the Cruise line for serving alcohol to someone until he was drunk as a skunk.

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2024 9:25 AM

Do you think he died when he hit the water, or did he survive the fall and then drown, or did he get eaten by a shark?

So many possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2024 9:27 AM

What was going on in the hot tub that made Dad so angry?? What did he see between his son and Bryan Sims, hmm?

by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2024 9:33 AM

The more relevant question is "What's a former PA state representative doing hanging out in a hot tub with young men until the wee hours of the morning?"

I mean, REALLY!!! 🤫

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2024 9:39 AM

This this happen in the afternoon or the middle of the night/early morning?

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2024 9:43 AM

I was wondering the same thing, R8.

Two hot young guys partying in the hot tub until 4am?

Mmmm hmmm.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2024 9:43 AM

What in the hell are you talking about, R9?

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2024 9:44 AM

TOLD YA I WAS HARDglug glug glug

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2024 9:45 AM

He may not have drowned when he hit the water, but as drunk as he was I'm sure he drowned fairly quickly. Falling in the water from that high up and all the water turbulence a big ship like that creates all around it I'm sure would have probably kept him under water until he drowned.

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2024 9:46 AM

[quote] “I had hung out with him and his brother in the hot tub until 3:30,” passenger Bryan Sims tells The Post. ” It was standing room only. He sat right beside me the whole time.”

Is he related to Tim Sims?

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2024 9:52 AM

I love you, r15.

by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2024 10:07 AM

[quote]Do you think he died when he hit the water, or did he survive the fall and then drown, or did he get eaten by a shark?

Probably got sucked into the ship's propeller.

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2024 10:34 AM

Photo of the dead twink, please. I need to see how he looked before I decide how I feel about this news.

by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2024 10:35 AM

This makes the BELLAGIO HORROR! seem almost quaint in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2024 10:37 AM

[quote] “I had hung out with him and his brother in the hot tub until 3:30,” passenger Bryan Sims tells The Post. ” It was standing room only. He sat right beside me the whole time.”

I can imagine jumping OFF a cruise ship more easily than I can imagine getting into a standing room only hot tub.

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2024 10:42 AM

How many more of our beloved, drunken, drowned twinks really went their watery graves at the hands of Rep Brian Sims?

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2024 10:42 AM

This 22yo survived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2024 10:48 AM

R18 people are saying this was his last dick pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2024 10:52 AM

Maybe he swam to shore.

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2024 11:41 AM

Hot tubs & pools are usually on the higher levels. I imagine he died immediately or soon thereafter.

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2024 11:53 AM

R23, looks like the Princess of Wales has had her hands at photoshop again.

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2024 11:58 AM

Well if he had survived the fall, he could have wrapped that dick around his neck and floated for hours.

by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2024 12:01 PM

Bye!

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2024 12:19 PM

I'm just going to assume he had a hot ass, because...

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2024 1:49 PM

[quote] Overboard incidents on cruise ships are rare. According to the Washington Post, about 386 people were reported to have gone overboard on the major cruise lines between 2000 to 2020.

Doesn’t sound “rare” to me.

by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2024 1:58 PM

^^^Especially if you are one of those rare events.

by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2024 2:06 PM

Most people don't realize that hitting the water from that height is almost as bad as hitting the ground.

He was likely dead the second he hit.

by Anonymousreply 32April 5, 2024 2:06 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 33April 5, 2024 2:08 PM

Some of the details don't add up. He was drunk and in the hot tub at 3am? On every cruise I've been, the pools and hot tubs are closed around 10pm and the bars on the pool decks typically aren't open after the pools close.

by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2024 2:08 PM

Shark food?

by Anonymousreply 35April 5, 2024 2:10 PM

A “standing room only” hot tub sounds pretty disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 36April 5, 2024 2:25 PM

I keep reading the heading as Vatican horror.

by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2024 2:39 PM

Can we get a pic so we know whether to mourn?

by Anonymousreply 38April 5, 2024 2:41 PM

“Fuck you!” 🚢 🌊 🏊

by Anonymousreply 39April 5, 2024 2:44 PM

This reminds me, I haven't seen Overboard in a while. Might put it on!

by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2024 2:55 PM

I agree, R38, and whether to blame the 20 year old or Royal Caribbean for his demise.

by Anonymousreply 41April 5, 2024 2:56 PM

It sounds like Studio 54 on the high seas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 5, 2024 3:24 PM

Why couldn't it have been 3 PM not 3 AM.

by Anonymousreply 43April 5, 2024 3:46 PM

[quote]Some of the details don't add up. He was drunk and in the hot tub at 3am? On every cruise I've been, the pools and hot tubs are closed around 10pm and the bars on the pool decks typically aren't open after the pools close.

Clearly, never been on an Atlantis cruise which even usually has a cruising area in the bow of the ship.

by Anonymousreply 44April 5, 2024 3:51 PM

[quote]A “standing room only” hot tub sounds pretty disgusting.

Well, we know how the water stayed hot.

by Anonymousreply 45April 5, 2024 3:54 PM

[quote] Clearly, never been on an Atlantis cruise which even usually has a cruising area in the bow of the ship.

Atlantis Cruises have an impeccable reputation!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 5, 2024 4:16 PM

[quote]Why couldn't it have been 3 PM not 3 AM.

Because the article clearly said it was in the AM.

[quote]A cruise turned into a nightmare for people aboard Royal Caribbean’s Liberty of the Seas when a young man jumped overboard shortly after 4 a.m. Thursday.

[quote]Clearly, never been on an Atlantis cruise

True. I've never been on one of those. But this was a Royal Caribbean cruise. And I have been on a couple of those. Their pools and bars aren't open at 3am.

by Anonymousreply 47April 5, 2024 7:14 PM

BUT WAS HE GOOD LOOKING?!?!?!!

by Anonymousreply 48April 5, 2024 7:20 PM

There's a picture of him at R23, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 49April 5, 2024 7:22 PM

I just don’t understand the need to drink ih Order to have fun. I did an RC CRUISE last November. Had a great time without drinking.

by Anonymousreply 50April 5, 2024 7:40 PM

'I'll fix this right now' and then jumping overboard are excellent last words/actions.

I'm imagining him rolling out the window like Ed Harris in The Hours.

by Anonymousreply 51April 5, 2024 7:45 PM

I was puzzled by that dumb remark too R15.

by Anonymousreply 52April 5, 2024 7:46 PM

“The early morning was definitely somber as so many people came out of their cabins to stare at the sea, hoping to be able to aid in finding the person,” said Amy Phelps Fouse, a passenger on the ship.“

by Anonymousreply 53April 5, 2024 7:49 PM

GoFundMe in 5...4..3...2..

by Anonymousreply 54April 5, 2024 7:57 PM

[quote]“The early morning was definitely somber as so many people came out of their cabins to stare at the sea, hoping to be able to aid in finding the person,”

Is it standard practice for the ship to stop? Do cruise ships have smaller craft they can lower into the water to search?

I wonder how that all works.

by Anonymousreply 55April 5, 2024 7:58 PM

[quote]“I had hung out with him and his brother in the hot tub until 3:30,” passenger Bryan Sims tells The Post. ” It was STANDING room only. He SAT right beside me the whole time.”

R20 Bryan, was he standing or sitting? Get your story straight.

by Anonymousreply 56April 5, 2024 8:03 PM

R55, I think they just keep going. It takes like a mile for one of those things to stop let alone go back and try to find a pinhead bobbing in the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 57April 5, 2024 8:06 PM

Family Sues Royal Caribbean For Over-Serving Underage Son

by Anonymousreply 58April 5, 2024 8:07 PM

R58 - I was wondering about that. Can they serve someone under 21 in international waters? (DK if the ship was that far out.) Or he smuggled liquor aboard.

by Anonymousreply 59April 5, 2024 8:27 PM

I resemble that remark R57

by Anonymousreply 60April 5, 2024 8:52 PM

Royal Caribbean policy is 21 on cruises originating in the US, 18 on cruises originating elsewhere. It’s not the law, it’s their policy.

by Anonymousreply 61April 5, 2024 9:06 PM

[QUOTE]I just don’t understand the need to drink ih Order to have fun. I did an RC CRUISE last November. Had a great time without drinking.

Sure, drugs are great too.

by Anonymousreply 62April 5, 2024 9:09 PM

R55, I’m no expert, but I’m pretty sure these ships *cannot* stop, for a wide assortment of reasons. Stopping that moving city doesn’t increase the odds of finding a person like you would think. Once they go over, that’s pretty much it. In fact, now that we are talking about it, I would love to know stories of actual rescues! I don’t recall a single case. I don’t recall anyone ever being spotted once they go into the water either.

by Anonymousreply 63April 5, 2024 9:10 PM

^see r22

by Anonymousreply 64April 5, 2024 9:15 PM

There is more to this story talk to dad.

by Anonymousreply 65April 5, 2024 9:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 5, 2024 9:26 PM

"It was the third of April, another sleepy, misty Royal Caribbean niiight...

by Anonymousreply 67April 5, 2024 9:39 PM

[quote]On every cruise I've been, the pools and hot tubs are closed around 10pm and the bars on the pool decks typically aren't open after the pools close.

Not the gay ones.

by Anonymousreply 68April 5, 2024 9:54 PM

R63, sheesh, read R22, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 69April 5, 2024 11:50 PM

R63 here's another. LAZY FAT STUPID WHORE. 🤡

Newsflash: you are typing on THE INTERNET. A system of tubes. One of the tubes can carry information to you. It's like a miracle, or a computer, this "Internet System"!

by Anonymousreply 70April 5, 2024 11:53 PM

A man who spent 20 hours in the open ocean after going overboard on a cruise ship was only able to survive because a bunch of factors went 'perfectly,' coast guard rescuer says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 5, 2024 11:54 PM

[quote]Maybe he swam to shore.

And then re-emerged as a female after successful transition surgery on Grenada.

by Anonymousreply 72April 6, 2024 1:38 AM

Omg, incredible news! Well done Coast Guard. Best uniforms (after Maribes who have beautiful dress uniforms) and logo of any of the services.

by Anonymousreply 73April 6, 2024 1:43 AM

Marines

by Anonymousreply 74April 6, 2024 1:43 AM

I imagine him now lunching with Lovey Howell.

by Anonymousreply 75April 6, 2024 1:44 AM

R71 is posting different old news story about a 28 year old man who fell off a ship in November.

I actually felt good for a minute thinking this kid was found and his father’s life wouldn’t be ruined.

by Anonymousreply 76April 6, 2024 1:49 AM

[quote] Omg, incredible news! Well done Coast Guard

The guy in the article at R71 is not the same guy in this thread, R73.

That one was from a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 77April 6, 2024 1:54 AM

382/20=19.1

Yes you can argue that with the number of people who go on cruises, 19 a year overboard is rare, but sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 78April 6, 2024 2:26 AM

I suppose it's rare based on number of passengers carried. But 19 a year isn't so "rare" to me. And if the whole ship knows, at least a ship every month is has this bummer. I went to the ocean and the lake every summer for 30 years. Witnessed 1 death by drowning.

by Anonymousreply 79April 6, 2024 2:30 AM

[quote] or did he get eaten by a shark?

I usually hate comments like this but I have to admit (with a cringe) that it was the latter. What I wasn’t expecting was the level of alcohol in his system. I had a huge hangover the next morning.

He was stringy too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 6, 2024 3:21 AM

R56, I was wondering the same thing myself. He must have meant “standing room only” figuratively, to mean it was very crowded.

At least I hope that’s what he meant. Imagining it literally is just too horrible.

by Anonymousreply 81April 6, 2024 3:24 AM

[quote] I usually hate comments like this but I have to admit (with a cringe) that it was the latter. What I wasn’t expecting was the level of alcohol in his system. I had a huge hangover the next morning.

[quote] —T. Shark, the Ocean

You too?

My twink was drunk as a skunk!

I saw him being dumb with his friends, and I said to myself, "This asshole is gonna jump!"

That's when I swam up to the boat, and goddamn, if he didn't jump in.

His classmates were shouting "Bye bye," and before I knew it, I was chowing down on a dewy 18 year old. I gulped him down in less than a minute.

But yeah, same thing as you, T. Shark. Mine was loaded with alcohol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 6, 2024 3:32 AM

R82, bull sharks live in coastal and brackish waters.

by Anonymousreply 83April 6, 2024 3:36 AM

Here's the guy from the article at R71, doing an interview.

What a story!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 6, 2024 3:52 AM

I can't blame him. I mean, the breakfast buffet WAS dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 85April 6, 2024 4:04 AM

[quote]I was wondering the same thing myself. He must have meant “standing room only” figuratively, to mean it was very crowded.

Or maybe he meant that he and the drunk kid got into the hot tub when there was still enough room for them to sit, but then it got so crowded that the people who came in later had to stand. Kind of weird that so many people would go to the hot tub at that hour of the morning, but on the other hand, maybe it was a relatively small hot tub and there were fewer than 10 people in it.

by Anonymousreply 86April 6, 2024 4:09 AM

I still remember his last word......

"splash!"

by Anonymousreply 87April 6, 2024 4:11 AM

R15 Marry me

by Anonymousreply 88April 6, 2024 4:13 AM

Nancy Grace thinks he was drugged by a colony of homeless illegal immigrants living under a bridge near the hot tub.

by Anonymousreply 89April 6, 2024 4:22 AM

Every gay man knows the reason you go into a crowded standing room only hot tub is because it's easier to make the first underwater move.

by Anonymousreply 90April 6, 2024 4:33 AM

I think he probably swam to a nearby uncharted desert island, has built a hut, and is living comfortably.

Or else, maybe when hit the water, he decided this might be his only chance to ever see how deep he could dive on his own. And then he came up too fast and died of the bends.

So many possibilities. Perhaps we'll never know what really happened to him.

by Anonymousreply 91April 6, 2024 4:49 AM

How is it that Cameron Robbins disappeared in seconds, but the drunk moron at R84 survived over 20 hours in the open ocean??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 6, 2024 5:01 AM

He seems to have had a problem with impulse control.

by Anonymousreply 93April 6, 2024 5:02 AM

Cameron Robbins did indeed jump into shark infested waters.

I think it's pretty easy to imagine floating in the vast ocean and not much sealife paying attention to you for a day.

by Anonymousreply 94April 6, 2024 5:03 AM

I blame DEI

by Anonymousreply 95April 6, 2024 5:47 AM

Told ya I was hardcore!

by Anonymousreply 96April 6, 2024 5:54 AM

Open borders!

by Anonymousreply 97April 6, 2024 5:54 AM

Vaxxed?

by Anonymousreply 98April 6, 2024 5:57 AM

“Royal Caribbean has been excellent at communicating updates throughout the day,” Fouse continued. “They have asked that people act with compassion in light of the tragic situation.”

I have to laugh.

by Anonymousreply 99April 6, 2024 6:12 AM

It's not always a death sentence. Sometimes they survive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 6, 2024 6:20 AM

And sometimes they don't

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 6, 2024 6:21 AM

While reading this thread I can hear Goop singing cruisin from that karaoke movie.

by Anonymousreply 102April 6, 2024 7:06 AM

Meanwhile, I was walking around and putting pineapple magnets on random people’s doors…

by Anonymousreply 103April 6, 2024 8:03 AM

R102 I was hearing this -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104April 6, 2024 8:11 AM

Has anyone checked the cabins?

by Anonymousreply 105April 6, 2024 8:15 AM

Did he jump or did he flounce himself overboard? I'd like to see a dramatic re-enactment, beginning with Bryan making the moves in the hot tub.

by Anonymousreply 106April 6, 2024 10:37 AM

Another boneheaded young man jumped off a Royal Caribbean ship, and lived to tell the tale.

The jump probably looked similar to this.

It's really unbelievable that people are this stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 6, 2024 10:39 AM

"People" aren't this stupid, R107. Drunk men in their twenties are this stupid.

by Anonymousreply 108April 6, 2024 11:35 AM

[quote]What a story!

Everything but the dogfish snappin' at his rear end.

by Anonymousreply 109April 6, 2024 11:49 AM

I saved him!

by Anonymousreply 110April 6, 2024 12:25 PM

*sigh* &*eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 111April 6, 2024 12:49 PM

I wish I was there when the idiot at R100 was being interviewed, so I could say, "Wipe that smirk off your face, you moronic piece of human garbage!"

by Anonymousreply 112April 6, 2024 2:33 PM

More on the story from R101.

This one is very bizarre, and I hadn't heard about this before.

Honestly, I can't tell what in the hell is going on, and I don't know what to believe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 6, 2024 5:34 PM

So he fell/jumped as an act of protest???

It makes no sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 6, 2024 5:34 PM

Agreed, R114. The whole things makes zero sense. And in the few seconds that you can hear the guy talking in the clips at R114, he certainly doesn't seem so drunk that he would be out of his right mind to the point of threatening to go overboard in "protest" for being subjected to anti-gay slurs, and then ACTUALLY DOING IT.

by Anonymousreply 115April 6, 2024 7:14 PM

What's r103's reference about?

by Anonymousreply 116April 6, 2024 7:28 PM

R114, a lot of videos are gone now from that incident but I remember it at the time. The story I got was it was a young gay married couple. They were drinking on the ship like 99% of the rest of the patrons. But early in the day when they were getting sun on the deck, some Frau called security to harass them because they were wearing speedos AKA gay. Later that evening, the same guards started harassing them at the bar so they left and went back to their room. The security guys were from some 3rd world country where gay rights dont exist and usually gays go to jail. So that is why one of them put their phone on video to record them as they entered the room. They would not stop harassing them in their own room. According to their story, one of them went to try and grab the guy on the balcony and in a split decision he jumped overboard. Unfortunately, he did not go straight into the water, he fell about 3 stories, hit a ledge and was able to hang on. People were screaming to help him but those same guards did nothing. He eventually lost his grip on the slippery outcrop and fell into the ocean.

To add insult to injury, they failed to stop the ship and attempt a search. They didn't stop until the next day. The cruse line blamed it on the guy calling it a suicide. But in reality, he was afraid for his life from those guys in his room who looked like they were there to bet him up and he was intoxicated so his judgment was impaired. I think there was a lawsuit but it didnt go anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 117April 6, 2024 7:41 PM

R117, that version of the story is only very slightly more credible. As I mentioned, as seen in one of the videos above, in the few brief comments made by the guy in this room before he jumped/fell, he does not seem to be anywhere near so drunk that his judgment would be impaired to the point that he would climb onto a lifeboat support beam dangling over the open sea as the ship sailed along. And also in those brief clips, the security guards did not seem especially threatening.

by Anonymousreply 118April 6, 2024 7:55 PM

Seems to me the security from shit hole countries accused the gay men of being pedophiles. Because of course, in their world view.

by Anonymousreply 119April 6, 2024 8:00 PM

Yeah, those guards had something to do with it. Why are they even in their room? You have to feel pretty threatened to start recording that. When the police knock on my door because of a neighbor causing problems, my first thought is not to secretly record my conversation with them.

by Anonymousreply 120April 6, 2024 8:24 PM

R30, Over two decades of umpteen cruises?! The number is infinitesimal!

by Anonymousreply 121April 6, 2024 8:59 PM

It’s more than once a month over 20 years. Sounds routine to me, not rare.

by Anonymousreply 122April 6, 2024 9:28 PM

Whatever happened to cruise ship grandpa?

by Anonymousreply 123April 6, 2024 9:42 PM

[quote]Whatever happened to cruise ship grandpa?

He was accidentally dropped over the railing of a cruise ship.

by Anonymousreply 124April 6, 2024 9:45 PM

Like he dropped that breathtaking baby?

by Anonymousreply 125April 6, 2024 9:47 PM

BUT WAS HE GOOD LOOKING?!?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 126April 6, 2024 9:49 PM

The baby was.....unfortunate looking, R126.

by Anonymousreply 127April 6, 2024 9:51 PM

[Quote]Whatever happened to cruise ship grandpa?

I'M STILL HEALING FEOM THE TRAUMA OF BEING RAPED BY GOOFY BUT ITHERWISE I'M FINE AND I SEND MY LOVE.

by Anonymousreply 128April 6, 2024 9:55 PM

How are insurance companies insuring this? The guy that survived didn't remember falling off. Put some more plexiglass up.

by Anonymousreply 129April 6, 2024 10:00 PM

Most cruise ships have a morgue in the bowels of the ship. Let that sink in for a while.

by Anonymousreply 130April 6, 2024 10:02 PM

Serious question, what's to stop a evil person from chucking people overboard?

by Anonymousreply 131April 6, 2024 10:04 PM

R131 The morbid obesity of the passengers.

by Anonymousreply 132April 6, 2024 10:09 PM

I didn’t drop him accidentally!

by Anonymousreply 133April 6, 2024 10:09 PM

R131 nothing. But if Mr. Evil chucks someone traveling in company, the shark bait will soon be reported as missing. And there are cameras everywhere. Mr. Evil could then be caught before he kills again.

by Anonymousreply 134April 6, 2024 10:19 PM

[quote]Most cruise ships have a morgue in the bowels of the ship. Let that sink in for a while.

Considering how many people these ships can accommodate, the ages of some of the passengers and some of the inherent risks, I'd be surprised if cruise ships didn't have a morgue, or at least a space that could be used as one.

by Anonymousreply 135April 6, 2024 10:31 PM

“We even had the funeral for ma… by day 7 we were over it and after the burial on Sunday when we got back, we just went home and back in the office Monday.”

by Anonymousreply 136April 6, 2024 11:00 PM

"Clearly, never been on an Atlantis cruise which even usually has a cruising area in the bow of the ship."

Clearly, the person who posted this hasn't been on an Atlantis cruise -or likely any other cruise. Even on Atlantis cruises, the hot tubs close by 11 PM, along with the nearby bars. Usually it's 10 PM. The only exception I've seen is one time when the crew were shutting things down, and they stood around for a bit waiting for a few guys to leave the last tub before throwing the net over it. And even then it was cleared out before midnight. And the "dick deck" (after midnight sex zone) is not on the bow, but on the highest open deck.

The original story I read about this incident was that the hot tub had been busy all evening, but was down to the witness, the jumper, and his brother. No crowd. Also there were several words exchanged before the leap through the window. Still leaves the question of why security was so lax around the hot tub, and how an underage guy was able to be so drunk all night. Was his brother buying the drinks? I suspect there's more history here than we've been told. Anyway, it's very sad that someone so young should die in such a stupid manner.

by Anonymousreply 137April 6, 2024 11:04 PM

[quote] “When we got to them, he said to his dad, ‘I’ll fix this right now.’ And he jumped out the window in front of us all.”

Told ya I was hardcore!

by Anonymousreply 138April 6, 2024 11:11 PM

Your dumb joke has already been made upthread.

by Anonymousreply 139April 6, 2024 11:18 PM

Uncle Pervy groped the boy in the hot tub. Kid liked it. Got back to room sobered up and freaked out. Geronimo! Been there done that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140April 6, 2024 11:19 PM

I hate that hard core joke, it's so tired and over played.

by Anonymousreply 141April 6, 2024 11:20 PM

^ If he didn't look like Robbie Benson we don't care.

by Anonymousreply 142April 6, 2024 11:25 PM

Another fresh jokester at R142.

by Anonymousreply 143April 6, 2024 11:27 PM

[quote]I hate that hard core joke, it's so tired and over played.

Tired and overplayed? DL has never heard of such a thing.

by Anonymousreply 144April 6, 2024 11:37 PM

I'd never go on a cruise. So many terrible stories about what happens on them.

by Anonymousreply 145April 6, 2024 11:45 PM

Your loss, R145. I've done forty and never had anything but a great time.

by Anonymousreply 146April 6, 2024 11:48 PM

[quote]The baby was.....unfortunate looking, [R126].

Moreso after the landing.

by Anonymousreply 147April 6, 2024 11:55 PM

^ How tragic.

by Anonymousreply 148April 6, 2024 11:58 PM

R122 It's not routine, it's rare. Nineteen a year since 2000? A bit less than 12 million North Americans took a cruise in 2023. Their popularity is growing after a steep decline in the number of passengers during the pandemic. Drop the number to five million people a year on average from 2000 to 2020 plus the reduced passenger loads from 2020 to 2023 (boardings are still down 11% from the 2019 peak) and you're still talking about roughly 125 million people (granted, many of them repeaters) took a cruise over that period. That's a lot of people on a lot of ships.

The CDC reports 50,000 people committed suicide in the US in 2023, the worst year ever for suicides. The fact that only 19 of them did so by going overboard sounds really low.

by Anonymousreply 149April 7, 2024 12:00 AM

R145 That's exactly what someone from the big cruise lobby would say.

by Anonymousreply 150April 7, 2024 12:01 AM

Those are Statista's numbers. The big cruise lobby isn't the only one saying it.

by Anonymousreply 151April 7, 2024 12:06 AM

[quote]Clearly, the person who posted this hasn't been on an Atlantis cruise -or likely any other cruise. Even on Atlantis cruises, the hot tubs close by 11 PM, along with the nearby bars. Usually it's 10 PM

Usually, although on the Valiant Lady last month, I saw people in one of them during a few of the parties. Of course, the way the ship is laid out, the hot tubs are aft of the main pool and closer to the smaller one. There's a bar there that was open during the parties, so I'm assuming that's why they left it open.

There were others up by the Dick Deck, but I never made it up there, so I don't know if they were used late.

by Anonymousreply 152April 7, 2024 1:28 AM

[quote]The CDC reports 50,000 people committed suicide in the US in 2023, the worst year ever for suicides. The fact that only 19 of them did so by going overboard sounds really low.

But there are countless ways in which people can commit suicide, so the fact that an average of19 people a year choose to do so by jumping off a cruise ship seems very high to me if you look at it that way. Among people who kill themselves in public, I'm guessing it's a much higher rate than many others methods.

by Anonymousreply 153April 7, 2024 4:21 AM

Why do I doubt this is the real number. I think it is low.

by Anonymousreply 154April 7, 2024 5:24 AM

[quote] Do you think he died when he hit the water, or did he survive the fall and then drown, or did he get eaten by a shark? So many possibilities.

I didn’t think sharks ate drunk people. Too many side effects.

by Anonymousreply 155April 7, 2024 5:25 AM

Sorry I wasn't clear. I think the actual number of falls into the sea is higher and there is a conspiracy to keep overboard falls unreported.

by Anonymousreply 156April 7, 2024 5:25 AM

You think they fudge the paperwork and eliminate any witnesses?

by Anonymousreply 157April 7, 2024 3:00 PM

R157: Or that nobody notices when they don't go back home?

"I haven't seen Jimmy for a while. D'ya yhink he threw himself off the Clusterfuck of the Seas on that cruise last month?

by Anonymousreply 158April 7, 2024 3:09 PM

We're baack!

by Anonymousreply 159April 7, 2024 3:41 PM

R153 You’re trying so hard - how odd, really.

by Anonymousreply 160April 7, 2024 3:45 PM

r5 I can tell by your statement that if you do something wrong you would blame it on someone else because it would never be your fault. Learn to put the blame where it belongs. The man was an adult at the age of 20

by Anonymousreply 161April 7, 2024 3:58 PM

No I don't think the cruise ships get rid of witnesses. I'm wondering about the reporting and the oversight. The ships are passengers AND crew, after all.

I'm just wondering if anyone is checking that all incidents are finally put through to some centralized tally.

It is well known that here in Switzerland the number of dead from mountaineering and skiing accidents does NOT match the publicly announced figures. Of course the families of the dead and missing know. Of course the local police and rescue or body recovery agencies get involved. But the total number never gets acknowledged and printed for world consumption, because everyone has a vested interest in the MONEY from the tourism industry and appearance of relative "safety".

by Anonymousreply 162April 7, 2024 4:26 PM

[quote] You’re trying so hard - how odd, really.

If you can't intelligently state what it is about my post that you disagree with, and why, you really should not bother to comment. What's really "odd" here is the fact that some people post when they have nothing worthwhile to offer.

by Anonymousreply 163April 7, 2024 4:43 PM

My God—if people only posted when they have something worthwhile to offer, this place would be deader than a Queers for Trump convention.

by Anonymousreply 164April 7, 2024 4:45 PM

I wouldn't be caught dead on a cruise ship. They're like petri dishes.

by Anonymousreply 165April 7, 2024 4:48 PM

Travel agent fraus and cruise cultist pensioners infest these thread. They all come running responding to their dog whistles. Modern mass cruising is garbage vacay. Queuing up with 8,000 lumpen rubes to get sick.I've been on over 70 + cruises for vacation or work. Wouldn't be caught dead on one of these modern SS Vegas barges and I can see them from my window And I can cruise for free. Glad I experienced cruising when it was semi-classy and fun.

by Anonymousreply 166April 7, 2024 5:08 PM

It literally is a cult

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 7, 2024 5:12 PM

^ I did it first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 7, 2024 5:17 PM

This is the day that my eyes will be opened. Pinnacles, it is explained to me over translucent cantaloupe, have sailed with Royal Caribbean for 700 ungodly nights. Pandemic Pinnacles took advantage of the two-for-one accrual rate of Pinnacle points during the pandemic, when sailing on a cruise ship was even more ill-advised, to catapult themselves into Pinnacle status.

Because of the importance of the inaugural voyage of the world’s largest cruise liner, more than 200 Pinnacles are on this ship, a startling number, it seems. Mrs. Palo Alto takes out a golden badge that I have seen affixed over many a breast, which reads CROWN AND ANCHOR SOCIETY along with her name. This is the coveted badge of the Pinnacle. “You should hear all the whining in Guest Services,” her husband tells me. Apparently, the Pinnacles who are not also Suites like us are all trying to use their status to get into Coastal Kitchen, our elite restaurant. Even a Pinnacle needs to be a Suite to access this level of corned-beef hash.

“We’re just baby Pinnacles,” Mrs. Palo Alto tells me, describing a kind of internal class struggle among the Pinnacle elite for ever higher status. And now I understand what the maître d’ was saying to me on the first day of my cruise. He wasn’t saying “pendejo.” He was saying “Pinnacle.” The dining room was for Pinnacles only, all those older people rolling in like the tide on their motorized scooters. And now I understand something else: This whole thing is a cult. And like most cults, it can’t help but mirror the endless American fight for status. Like Keith Raniere’s NXIVM, where different-colored sashes were given out to connote rank among Raniere’s branded acolytes, this is an endless competition among Pinnacles, Suites, Diamond-Plusers, and facing-the-mall, no-balcony purple SeaPass Card peasants, not to mention the many distinctions within each category. The more you cruise, the higher your status. No wonder a section of the Royal Promenade is devoted to getting passengers to book their next cruise during the one they should be enjoying now. No wonder desperate Royal Caribbean offers (“FINAL HOURS”) crowded my email account weeks before I set sail. No wonder the ship’s jewelry store, the Royal Bling, is selling a $100,000 golden chalice that will entitle its owner to drink free on Royal Caribbean cruises for life. (One passenger was already gaming out whether her 28-year-old son was young enough to “just about earn out” on the chalice or if that ship had sailed.) No wonder this ship was sold out months before departure, and we had to pay $19,000 for a horrid suite away from the Suite Neighborhood. No wonder the most mythical hero of Royal Caribbean lore is someone named Super Mario, who has cruised so often, he now has his own working desk on many ships. This whole experience is part cult, part nautical pyramid scheme.

by Anonymousreply 169April 7, 2024 5:22 PM

"I wouldn't be caught dead on a cruise ship. They're like petri dishes."

I take it you don't go to hotels, bars, restaurants, or shopping malls either? They are are putrid dishes! Let's face it, hon. Humans are germ-ridden disease carriers everywhere we go.

Other people are a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 170April 7, 2024 5:22 PM

I still love cruising (heading out on one in a couple of weeks) but I refuse to sail those hideous floating cities with 5,000+ people on board. What passes for a "small" ship today was a huge mega ship back when I started cruising. Since the 70s cruises have actually been an affordable vacation for many, but they still had the air of bygone luxury and elitism. As more and more people began cruising, cruise lines began to differentiate more and more like automobiles -there were differences in style, but not in substance. Then the big ships came in, turning cruises into floating family resorts. A water slide into the ship's pool became "water coasters" and suddenly you had go-karts and laser tag and escape rooms... Midnight buffets have morphed into 24-hour feeding frenzies. On modern ships, the ocean has become incidental to the cruise experience. There is something fundamentally wrong with an ocean voyage where your stateroom has a large window and/or balcony, but you cannot view the ocean! By refusing to sail these behemoths I am "condemned" to older ships or luxury cruise lines. That, in and of itself, should tell you what you need to know:

1. Cruising was better in the old days, on those older ships.

2. People who want true luxury don't want a mega ship. If they did, those lines would be building giant ships, too.

by Anonymousreply 171April 7, 2024 5:40 PM

Well better to be a Royal Caribbean fangurl than a Disney freak, as I always say.;

by Anonymousreply 172April 7, 2024 6:01 PM

Was he tall?

by Anonymousreply 173April 7, 2024 6:09 PM

R173 We know he was long....

See R23

by Anonymousreply 174April 7, 2024 6:15 PM

[quote] [R157]: Or that nobody notices when they don't go back home? - "I haven't seen Jimmy for a while. D'ya yhink he threw himself off the Clusterfuck of the Seas on that cruise last month?

I like that - Clusterfuck of the Seas, that’s a catchy name for a cruise ship. We could also have the - Shitshow of the Seas, and the Moron of the Seas. Maybe even the Fuckfest of the Seas, which could be dedicated to Atlantis charter operations.

by Anonymousreply 175April 7, 2024 7:25 PM

What are the true luxury lines?

by Anonymousreply 176April 7, 2024 7:32 PM

Viking, Seabourne, Regent Seven Seas, Ritz-Carlton, and Silversea

by Anonymousreply 177April 7, 2024 7:39 PM

Crystal Cruises are supposed to be nice

by Anonymousreply 178April 7, 2024 8:18 PM

Been on 'em years ago and they were nice then but they folded for a while and have been resurrected under new ownership. The reincarnation sounds upscale but ten years ago it was nice, but five stars, not six.

by Anonymousreply 179April 7, 2024 10:38 PM

R122, You seem to think that's for one ship only!!

Fewer than 500 deaths in 20 years?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 8, 2024 1:25 AM

[quote] Crystal Cruises are supposed to be nice

Is that the line that gives out free little baggies of crystal meth to all its most loyal members.

by Anonymousreply 181April 8, 2024 4:34 AM

R177, you neglected Oceania.

by Anonymousreply 182April 8, 2024 5:22 AM

^^^ Is that a bigger crime than neglecting the balls??

by Anonymousreply 183April 8, 2024 6:07 AM

You silly queens who have never been on a cruse ship are afraid of going on them because you might die? MARY!

by Anonymousreply 184April 8, 2024 6:51 AM

I'm the Mary who won't take a cruise because they are ecological nightmares. My grandmother liked to cruise in the 70s and 80s and it was nice for her. I don't begrudge anyone enjoying this kind of vacation.

by Anonymousreply 185April 8, 2024 7:24 AM

I wont argue that the are an eco nightmare but as for being scared to go on them because you might catch something or fall overboard is ridiculous. Cruise ships have changed a lot in 40 years R185. You are 100 times more likely to catch something in a metal tube up in the sky for 5 hours while people are coughing and packed in like sardines than on a large cruse ship with open spaces,huge dinning rooms, open restaurants, private rooms and large swimming pools. Just stay out of the small Jacuzzi.

by Anonymousreply 186April 8, 2024 9:24 AM

I keep reading this as “Vatican Horror”

by Anonymousreply 187April 8, 2024 9:58 AM

Is the water brackish?

by Anonymousreply 188April 8, 2024 10:06 AM

[quote] Lindanuf

[quote] LindanufGold Posted 7 hours ago

[quote] I was on that cruise and think it may have been the person in the cabin next to me. When I woke up that morning that they had a lock on the cabin door next to me and someone was guarding the door all morning.

[quote] i saw a person go in that cabin day 1. I thought it was a teen boy or could have been 20. I wasn't really looking at him cuz I was decorating my door when he came and used a key to get in. My daughter and I were telling him how I sometimes put my deco on other doors the last night to confuse people. He laughed. He was black, quiet and polite, not someone who seemed like a raging alcoholic like the press seems to be saying. It could have been the brother though. We never heard a noise out of that cabin, no partying, no arguing, no slamming doors. I looked over our balcony at theirs after I saw the lock, there was nothing but chairs there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 8, 2024 10:07 AM

[quote] I was decorating my door

People do that?

by Anonymousreply 190April 8, 2024 10:18 AM

r189, I've wondered why the kid hasn't yet been identified by his local paper, if he's American. Quiet, polite and black with a domineering, judgmental father? Now I think the kid had an , "OMG I'm gay", realization in the hot tub and knew his father would hate him for it. Sad

by Anonymousreply 191April 8, 2024 10:41 AM

[Quote]I keep reading this as “Vatican Horror”

by Anonymousreply 192April 8, 2024 11:15 AM

I long for the days when young men fell from the sky drunk and ready.

by Anonymousreply 193April 8, 2024 12:16 PM

Since 2009 I’ve been on 11 gay cruises 🚢 and I’ve never gotten laid on any of them.

by Anonymousreply 194April 8, 2024 12:27 PM

Interesting fact, r117: Cruise ship tickets include various limitations of liability that have been upheld by the US Supreme Court, including a significantly shorter statute of limitations (days, not years) and the requirement to file notice of claim prior to instituting a law suit. Also, they generally require any lawsuit to be filed in the Court/Location of the cruise line's choice, like Miami Florida. So if you are from Flyoverstan, you have to very quickly get a lawyer in Miami who knows these rules in order to successfully sue.

by Anonymousreply 195April 8, 2024 12:30 PM

[quote]Since 2009 I’ve been on 11 gay cruises 🚢 and I’ve never gotten laid on any of them.

I’m on Atlantis’ Halloween cruise at least, if you want to break the streak.

by Anonymousreply 196April 8, 2024 12:31 PM

Nobody is afraid of falling off. We are just disagreeing on whether a suicide every 2-3 weeks is common or rare.

by Anonymousreply 197April 8, 2024 12:32 PM

After the 10th fail, did you really think you were going to change your luck on the 11th, r194?

by Anonymousreply 198April 8, 2024 1:10 PM

R198- I don't go on these gay cruises to have sex but it would be nice to bring someone back to my room for some fun.

by Anonymousreply 199April 8, 2024 1:55 PM

R196-Are you saying you would let me do you or you would do me?

by Anonymousreply 200April 8, 2024 2:00 PM

Why don't you just do each other?

by Anonymousreply 201April 8, 2024 2:18 PM

R201 Yes, I think a flip flop fuck, likely makes the most sense. Drill each other’s holes incessantly.

by Anonymousreply 202April 8, 2024 5:14 PM

Wow -Eleven gay cruises and no sex?? I am far (far, far) from being a model/gym bod/young stud but I have gotten laid every day of almost every gay cruise I've been on! Hope you and VOTN manage to hook up on the Halloween cruise.

by Anonymousreply 203April 8, 2024 5:47 PM

R203- How do you find these guys?

I must mention that I never use the apps or I should say I've never used the apps.

by Anonymousreply 204April 9, 2024 12:45 AM

I mean, for me it's either apps or the parties. It helps to be a top, clearly, but also also there's something to be said for just being open and approachable.

I mean, it's one thing with the apps, but it's quite an ego boost to be dancing with a guy and hear him say "You're so hot, I wanted to hook up with you since I saw your picture."

by Anonymousreply 205April 9, 2024 12:51 AM

R194: The apps don't really work on a cruise ship -they don't update properly. I often meet guys in the sauna, steam, or hot tubs. Sometimes just hanging out on deck. Don't think I've ever hooked up at an Atlantis party (way too much competition), but I've done well on the dick deck and the nude sunbathing deck (when one is around). VOTN is right that it helps to be a top -but usually there's a connection prior to discussing positions so I guess what he says about being open and approachable is true. Oddly enough, I'm often told at home that I give off an unapproachable vibe. Don't know why it should be so different at sea, but I guess it is!

by Anonymousreply 206April 9, 2024 1:21 AM

R205- I am a top but if someone sees me somewhere on the cruise they have no particular way of knowing it, also I did not go to any parties per say on any of the 11 gay cruises of been on since 2009 except for Tea Dance on the outside deck. That I do usually at least twice on each of the cruises I've been on. One of the cruises was a riverboat cruise down the Danube ( that was a fabulous trip but the boat was quite small and there was no deck or space for parties.

by Anonymousreply 207April 9, 2024 1:24 AM

[quote]The apps don't really work on a cruise ship -they don't update properly. I often meet guys in the sauna, steam, or hot tubs. Sometimes just hanging out on deck. Don't think I've ever hooked up at an Atlantis party (way too much competition), but I've done well on the dick deck and the nude sunbathing deck (when one is around).

Sniffies and Scruff work, Grindr doesn't. But if you connect to one of the cruise group chats, there are generally people looking constantly.

I have about equal success with both. I am as much about connection as I am about just getting off, so the best ones were the guys where there was a spark beyond just the physical. My first cruise, I hooked up with a younger guy off of one of the group chats and we spent a lot of the rest of the week together. We still talk, I've been out to Utah to see him once, and he's been to New York to see me once. Whenever they get around to announcing the 5-night cruise Rich promised, we'll probably go on that together. The Oasis cruise in January, I met this incredibly handsome older (like, early 50s so not quite ten years my senior) Filipino flight attendant at one of the early parties, and we spent a lot of time together. Also still talk.

by Anonymousreply 208April 9, 2024 1:31 AM

How do you get Scruff to work?? Mine keeps showing guys from the original departure port -it won't update locations for people (including me). (??)

Also -what are the group chats??

by Anonymousreply 209April 9, 2024 1:39 AM

I dunno what the secret is to Scruff, but it's worked for me and other.

If you're active on the cruise Facebook groups, there are usually links to group chats on either Telegram or WhatsApp. Of the 5000 guys who were on the Oasis, there were about 3000 of them in the group chats. Not everyone was active all the time, and it's not completely about sex, a lot of it is just chatting and people asking questions.

I'm pretty active in them. Not just for sex, but I try to be informative. My friends did so much to make sure that I had a good time my first cruise, and it means so much to me, I'm trying to pay that forward and make sure everyone has the same opportunity. As a result, on Valiant Lady a lot of people would come up and introduce themselves.

by Anonymousreply 210April 9, 2024 2:21 AM

Ah - that explains it. I'm not on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 211April 9, 2024 2:57 AM

[quote] Whatever happened to cruise ship grandpa?

He was sentenced to three years’ probation. It was obviously an accident and he lost his granddaughter, and it was at his own hands. That seems like a fair sentence.

Presumably it’s over and he’s a free man now. I think the three years were up in February.

by Anonymousreply 212April 9, 2024 4:32 AM

R194- I went on a cruise 🚢 in July on a ship called Oceania. It was a brand new ship that has only started service in May. I met some nice people on some of the tours during the day. A lot of them were Canadian as it turned out. I did not know they were Canadian I assumed they were American until they told me where they were from. We had one day at sea on the ship and on that day I seem to get flirts from different guys on the ship – which was nice. But my problem is I’m not aware of the flirt till hours later or minutes later. I went up for breakfast one morning I got on the elevator and this guy said good morning and then he asked me some in main question about the elevator panel. I answered his question and then got off the elevator but I realize later he was flirting with me. He had a pretty huge build which is not my type I like slim guys but still it was flattering.He was definitely considered attractive – oh well.

by Anonymousreply 213April 9, 2024 12:39 PM

Are you neurodivergent and cannot recognise social signals?

by Anonymousreply 214April 9, 2024 2:50 PM

Is there a real picture of the young man?

by Anonymousreply 215April 9, 2024 4:05 PM

Gen Z is SO melodramatic!

by Anonymousreply 216April 9, 2024 4:09 PM

He was drunk and played a stupid game of chicken. Now he’s dead. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 217April 9, 2024 4:16 PM

How is hurling yourself out the window of a ship "playing a game of chicken"? Do you have information that I missed?

by Anonymousreply 218April 9, 2024 4:22 PM

How is there still not a picture somewhere? Was he hot or not?!

by Anonymousreply 219April 9, 2024 4:37 PM

Thank you, R218. It's annoying when people use words and phrases without knowing what they mean.

by Anonymousreply 220April 9, 2024 6:06 PM

How have they managed to keep his identity a secret? We need to know if he had a hot ass.

by Anonymousreply 221April 9, 2024 6:21 PM

R210- Did you go on the gay cruise in August- on the ship with over 4,000 homos?

I was on that cruise and I once again had no sex and no one expressing an interest in me.

The only thing I got was very SEASICK 🤮

by Anonymousreply 222April 9, 2024 7:05 PM

I was with 5000 homos in January and 2400 homos in March.

Will be with another 2400 in October.

by Anonymousreply 223April 9, 2024 7:28 PM

Is the neurodivergent invisible wallflower in this thread the same guy who creates threads about evenings at the sauna when he never gets laid and misses every signal of possible interest?

by Anonymousreply 224April 9, 2024 7:40 PM

R223- That's a very good selection of homos.

by Anonymousreply 225April 9, 2024 8:03 PM

[quote]Since 2009 I’ve been on 11 gay cruises 🚢 and I’ve never gotten laid on any of them.

Were you single or were you in a relationship and just bitter your greedy cunt wasn't going to have a 3 way.

by Anonymousreply 226April 9, 2024 10:45 PM

R226- I was and am single.

by Anonymousreply 227April 10, 2024 3:46 AM

R224- That's me.

by Anonymousreply 228April 10, 2024 3:47 AM

OK hun. Well if you are for real, you need some behavior therapy of some kind that can guide and enable you to achieve real relationships of any kind. Whether it be sex one offs or a "special friend" or a mate. You deserve that, not to run around on zombie autopilot with zero success, year after year after year after year.

by Anonymousreply 229April 10, 2024 3:51 AM

Okay, somebody has to ask it. R194, are you fat/ugly/deformed? I'm not suggesting you are any of those things -nor am I saying there is anything bad about them. Just asking if your physical appearance is less than prepossessing, as that can sometimes account for lack of sexual interaction.

On a side note, it is clear that ugly people get laid all the time. They must! How else could those genes continue in the bloodline?

by Anonymousreply 230April 10, 2024 5:31 AM

If R194 is a top and he's not getting laid on a cruse ship with 90% bottoms there's something wrong. It could be that he lacks the social skills to meet people who are not in his world aware of his interests. In other worlds in his normal environment, everyone flocks to him knowing he's a top with almost no effort at all. But outside his home town or circle of friends he does not make the first move or effort because he never had to.

by Anonymousreply 231April 10, 2024 11:54 AM

R230 R231 see R228. This person cannot pick up social cues, vibes.

by Anonymousreply 232April 10, 2024 11:56 AM

Can we chip in and buy this for r194?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233April 10, 2024 12:09 PM

R231- I don’t have difficulty getting sex when I’m not traveling 🧳.

I don’t use the apps or any of the cruise ship chat rooms when I go on these cruises- maybe that would help.

by Anonymousreply 234April 10, 2024 12:17 PM

Nummy nums.

by Anonymousreply 235April 10, 2024 12:46 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236April 10, 2024 4:26 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237April 10, 2024 4:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238April 10, 2024 4:30 PM

So how do we feel now that we have a photo, DL?

by Anonymousreply 239April 10, 2024 6:16 PM

[quote]If he jumped because he was drunk, I literally can't imagine how anyone could get SO drunk that their judgment would be impaired so severely. Seems to me one would pass out before getting to that point.

And if he jumped for some other reason than being drunk out of his mind, what could that reason possibly have been? Did he have a history of schizophrenia or some other severe mental illness that hasn't been mentioned here?

In answer to R239, I think he was a cute/hot biracial dude.

by Anonymousreply 240April 10, 2024 6:31 PM

Sorry for the formatting error, that was supposed to be:

If he jumped because he was drunk, I literally can't imagine how anyone could get SO drunk that their judgment would be impaired so severely. Seems to me one would pass out before getting to that point.

And if he jumped for some other reason than being drunk out of his mind, what could that reason possibly have been? Did he have a history of schizophrenia or some other severe mental illness that hasn't been mentioned here?

by Anonymousreply 241April 10, 2024 6:32 PM

Cute kid. The story doesn't really offer more information. Well, other than that family was on a business-related cruise with a lot of people from father's industry (he owns an air conditioning business). What a thing to be known for.

I wonder what the father said. Poor man.

by Anonymousreply 242April 10, 2024 6:33 PM

Strike 1 - from Florida

Strike 2 - he was a hunter

Strike 3 - stupid AND unattractive

by Anonymousreply 243April 10, 2024 6:36 PM

Look, it could've been worse.

by Anonymousreply 244April 10, 2024 6:37 PM

Sweet looking dude. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 245April 10, 2024 7:24 PM

So young!

by Anonymousreply 246April 10, 2024 8:43 PM

R246 You don’t really understand how that joke works, do you?

by Anonymousreply 247April 10, 2024 8:49 PM

No, R247. June has advanced dementia.

by Anonymousreply 248April 10, 2024 8:51 PM

[quote]Shark food?

Did the sharks get drunk?

by Anonymousreply 249April 10, 2024 10:05 PM

This thread has been hijacked!

by Anonymousreply 250April 10, 2024 10:42 PM

Tragic hair.

by Anonymousreply 251April 10, 2024 10:43 PM

His son was Bo Deriek?

by Anonymousreply 252April 11, 2024 1:05 PM

“Fuck you dad!” 🌊 🏊🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 253April 11, 2024 1:33 PM

Let’s get back to why I haven’t had ANY sex on the 11 Gay cruises I’ve been on since 2009.

by Anonymousreply 254April 11, 2024 1:39 PM

Some drunken same sex groping in hot tub. Brother squealed to red neck dad. "I'll fix this (faggot shit) .Son jumps. POS dad will have to live with it the rest of his miserable life.

by Anonymousreply 255April 11, 2024 2:50 PM

An interesting theory, R255, and that may be part of the true story. But even if what happened was that the son suddenly realized he was gay, or reacted very badly to his father's reaction to some same-sex groping in the hot tub, would any of that remotely be motivation for him to jump out of the window of a cruise ship to near-certain death?

by Anonymousreply 256April 11, 2024 3:02 PM

Maybe you got it the wrong way around, R255? Maybe he was being molested in the hot tub, and when the father came he announced his intention to join in? The son jumps to preserve his anal virginity and the shame of incest?

by Anonymousreply 257April 11, 2024 4:15 PM

R256 Human brain frontal lobes which contain "judgement center" for reasoning ability are not fully formed till 21 yo.

by Anonymousreply 258April 11, 2024 4:31 PM

Yeah, despite his age at death, he looked like a young man who wasn't mature and wise. A reckless boy-man.

by Anonymousreply 259April 11, 2024 4:57 PM

Do they learn to spell correctly before 21?

by Anonymousreply 260April 11, 2024 5:02 PM

[quote][R256] Human brain frontal lobes which contain "judgement center" for reasoning ability are not fully formed till 21 yo.

But.....TO JUMP OUT OF THE WINDOW ON A HIGH DECK OF A CRUISE SHIP AT SEA????!!!!! Do the frontal lobes of a person's brain really have to be "fully formed" to keep them from doing that???

by Anonymousreply 261April 11, 2024 5:36 PM

Why was this young man on holiday in this off season? No college? No work?

by Anonymousreply 262April 11, 2024 5:42 PM

Maybe his family wants it to look like this.

by Anonymousreply 263April 11, 2024 6:13 PM

Did his grandpa hold him up to the window to get a good look?

by Anonymousreply 264April 11, 2024 6:17 PM

He looks like a little thug. Thin lips, cold eyes. He most likely would have turned to crime, had he lived.

by Anonymousreply 265April 11, 2024 10:15 PM

He looks much better in some pictures rather than others.

by Anonymousreply 266April 11, 2024 10:20 PM

This is sad.

[QUOTE]“As soon as he went off the side, I prayed over him. I was confident the prayers I said over my son were heard. I stand on the word of God. I believe he is alive,” Francel Parker said to the local Florida paper Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 267April 11, 2024 10:29 PM

This is sad.

[QUOTE]“As soon as he went off the side, I prayed over him. I was confident the prayers I said over my son were heard. I stand on the word of God. I believe he is alive,” Francel Parker said to the local Florida paper Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 268April 11, 2024 10:29 PM

I'm surprised that more people don't fall over into the ocean especially if they're drunk. This young man jumped willingly, though. Just really sad and his dad thinks he's still alive. Frankly his dad sounds delusional.

by Anonymousreply 269April 11, 2024 10:51 PM

It's been said repeatedly, but it clearly needs repeating: It is VERY HARD to "fall" off a modern cruise ship. The railings are high enough that even if someone is leaning over the rail and gets pushed/shoved their center of gravity won't shift enough to get them overboard. If someone wants to go over, they can do it pretty easily. But fall? Accidentally? It ain't gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 270April 11, 2024 11:18 PM

The father hasn’t been honest…

by Anonymousreply 271April 12, 2024 12:21 AM

How is Bryan Sims faring through all this? I hope he was able to find another twink to share the hot tub with.

by Anonymousreply 272April 12, 2024 2:13 AM

[quote]“As soon as he went off the side, I prayed over him. I was confident the prayers I said over my son were heard. I stand on the word of God. I believe he is alive,” Francel Parker said to the local Florida paper Wednesday.

Frightening how people of low intellect are so open to the brainwashing of religion. You would think this man would be embarrassed to make such an idiotic, irrational statement, but I'm sure he is not.

by Anonymousreply 273April 12, 2024 3:31 AM

^^^ P.S. When it turns out that his son is NOT still alive, will that be enough for this man to realize there is no God? Or will he just think, "Oh, I guess He didn't answer my prayers because I didn't pray hard enough?"

by Anonymousreply 274April 12, 2024 3:37 AM

Dad, he answered your prayers, and the answer was no.

by Anonymousreply 275April 12, 2024 3:50 AM

[quote] Dad Takes Aim at Cruise Staff After 20-Year-Old Son’s Fatal Jump

The dad of Levion Parker, the 20-year-old Florida outdoorsman who drunkenly leaped to his death in front of his family on a Royal Caribbean cruise last week, is now questioning how his son was able to get so drunk despite being underage.

In an interview with his hometown newspaper, The Daily Sun, Francel Parker insisted that his son wasn’t suicidal and that they weren’t arguing before his fatal plunge—a statement that contradicts what others onboard told the New York Post they witnessed.

Instead, Francel told the paper his son’s spontaneous jump was done out of drunken ignorance—something he suggested should have been avoidable.

“We don’t drink,” he told the Sun. “I’d like to know how my son was served so much alcohol.”

Despite being over international waters at the time of the fatal plunge, roughly midway between Grand Inagua Island and Cuba, cruises that depart and return from U.S. ports are barred from serving alcohol to anyone under 21. Royal Caribbean has released a statement on the incident, but has not addressed witness statements that claimed Levion was drunk.

Parker added that he’s holding out hope his son, an outdoorsman who won a saltwater fishing tournament just last month, is still alive somewhere in the Caribbean—despite Thursday making it a full week since he disappeared into ocean, and two days since the U.S. Coast Guard called off its search.

“As soon as he went off the side, I prayed over him,” he said, adding that his son was a skilled diver. “I was confident the prayers I said over my son were heard. I stand on the word of God. I believe he is alive.”

The tragedy unfolded around 4 a.m. on April 4, on the 11th deck of the massive Liberty of the Seas cruise liner. Witnesses told the Post last week that Levion was hanging out in a hot tub with his brother when he was approached by his dad, who appeared angry that he’d been drinking.

After what he perceived as being an argument, the witness Bryan Sims told the Post he heard Levion tell his dad, “I’ll fix this right now.” Moments later, he jumped into the dark ocean below—an incident Sims described as being an “impulsive leap.”

Sims added that the ship was moving “pretty fast” and that Francel screamed for staff to alert the captain, which brought the ship to a complete stop within 20 minutes. The vessel launched rescue boats, but to no avail—Levion was nowhere to be found.

Francel told the Sun he flung six life rings off the ship hoping one would reach his son, who he said accompanied him on board along with his younger brother to take a break from his work on a commercial fishing boat.

Social media posts showed Levion graduated from North Port High School, in southwest Florida between Sarasota and Fort Myers, in 2022. He played football there, and regularly posted about fishing and hunting.

In in its lone statement on the incident, Royal Caribbean said last week it was “providing support and assistance” to Levion’s family.

“The ship’s crew immediately launched a search and rescue effort alongside the U.S. Coast Guard,” it said, adding, “For the privacy of the guest and their family, we have no additional details to share.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276April 12, 2024 5:50 PM

The kid's Instagram page is a nightmare.

He love to hunt, including photos of him with a dead coyote that he killed.

Also have to find the irony in the photos of him with sharks that he caught and killed.

The irony being that they probably returned the favor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277April 12, 2024 5:52 PM

Damn, R277. The kid had a good body, but from his Insta page it looks like he was a disaster as a human being. What kind of sicko has a page filled almost completely with photos of him with fish and animals he has killed?

by Anonymousreply 278April 12, 2024 6:03 PM

R278 asks "What kind of sicko has a page filled almost completely with photos of him with fish and animals he has killed?"

Too many ammosexual American kids

by Anonymousreply 279April 12, 2024 6:09 PM

Swimming with the sharks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280April 12, 2024 6:14 PM

R276 The father may claim his family doesn't drink, but it is obviously not his son's first drinking escapade, or rodeo, or sea cruise.

Being shitfaced he probably was not coherent enough to gauge the difference between jumping from a motorboat and jumping from a massive cruise liner.

by Anonymousreply 281April 12, 2024 6:31 PM

The father is clearly deflecting.

He probably feels a tremendous amount of guilt, and is pointing blame in a million different directions.

by Anonymousreply 282April 12, 2024 6:35 PM

Deflecting, and in denial.

"My son never drank, and he most certainly never partook of the homosex."

by Anonymousreply 283April 12, 2024 6:41 PM

R241, unfortunately, many people do not pass out even when very, very drunk. I was a blackout drinker and would leave consciousness but still be walking around, interacting with people.

by Anonymousreply 284April 12, 2024 7:27 PM

Good question, R239. He looks like a sweet guy who was loved. So I lament his loss and hot ass.

by Anonymousreply 285April 12, 2024 7:31 PM

R284 Yes, some people manage to be functioning zombies when highly intoxicated. Sometimes act erratic or even angry and violent. I was fortunate that I would be the opposite, I would see everyone I knew as a dear friend and I would pat them on the back or give them a bear hug and be a happy drunk until I nodded off.

by Anonymousreply 286April 12, 2024 7:32 PM

Yes, that’s one comfort I suppose—he was probably blacked out and didn’t suffer fear or regret. It was just the body and it probably didn’t go on long.

by Anonymousreply 287April 12, 2024 7:35 PM

[quote] levionparker It wanted to kill me so i killed it

This basically sums up his world view.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288April 12, 2024 7:38 PM

If he was gay, maybe all the hunting is a knee jerk reaction to his dad- "Look! I'm a man!"

by Anonymousreply 289April 12, 2024 7:43 PM

What an ironic and dramatic turn of events that this kid turned out to be an animal-killing POS. Maybe the fact that he liked to kill animals for fun indicated something very wrong in his brain, and maybe that disorder was partly responsible for his idiotic move in jumping off the ship, on top of however severely drunk he may have been.

P.S. What kind of a stupid name is "Levion?" I think we can all guess with a fair amount of certainly who came up with that name.....

by Anonymousreply 290April 12, 2024 8:51 PM

His mother, of course.

by Anonymousreply 291April 12, 2024 8:54 PM

Umm, no, in this case, I'm gonna bet it was the father who came up with that name.

by Anonymousreply 292April 12, 2024 9:04 PM

Isn't Levion Hebrew? Fits with the family being religious.

by Anonymousreply 293April 12, 2024 9:10 PM

Isn't Levion Hebrew? Fits with the family being religious.

by Anonymousreply 294April 12, 2024 9:10 PM

I know the name Levi is from the Bible, I've never heard of Levion.

by Anonymousreply 295April 12, 2024 9:12 PM

Powerfully built young man. Seems to be a rich family. THE underlit SUV for example.

by Anonymousreply 296April 12, 2024 9:27 PM

R393 because of the stereotypes roaming around in your brain. We get it…now go.

by Anonymousreply 297April 12, 2024 9:41 PM

R292 for you^

because of the stereotypes roaming around in your brain. We get it…now go

by Anonymousreply 298April 12, 2024 9:42 PM

R296 I read my Levi's jeans bible every Sunday, new and old testament.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299April 12, 2024 9:44 PM

Stereotypes exist because, though not always true, they are very often true. Often enough to become stereotypes in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 300April 12, 2024 9:51 PM

I guess there are a lot of vegans in this thread who don’t wear leather. Because otherwise the pearl clutching about a redneck hunting would be awfully hypocritical.

by Anonymousreply 301April 13, 2024 1:27 AM

R300 No… just another bigot making lame assumptions to satisfy his own distorted reality. Simple minds, and all that.

by Anonymousreply 302April 13, 2024 2:38 AM

You should know about simple minds, R302. Especially if you don't think it's more likely that this kid would have been given an unusual name by his black father rather than his white mother.

by Anonymousreply 303April 13, 2024 3:08 AM

R302, is it possible you don't really understand the difference between (a) someone wearing leather and eating meat, and (b) someone hunting/killing animals for sheer sport?

by Anonymousreply 304April 13, 2024 3:10 AM

His little brother's name is Seth, which sounds a little biblical to me

by Anonymousreply 305April 13, 2024 3:32 AM

I'm sorry for the kid.

Also, who said he was attractive? That red hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306April 13, 2024 4:10 AM

[quote] I literally can't imagine how anyone could get SO drunk that their judgment would be impaired so severely.

You literally can’t? Remember, millions of sober Americans voted for Trump to be president of the United States. Twice.

by Anonymousreply 307April 13, 2024 4:46 AM

No sympathy. Looks like the kid was a nasty, entitled shit who took pleasure in killing defenseless animals for sport. The father's reaction to blame the cruise line is typical of a parent who blamed others for his child's screwups. Clearly the kid did this to get back at the father and maybe he was so drunk and cocky that he thought he wouldn't drown. Too bad but actions have consequences.

by Anonymousreply 308April 13, 2024 6:37 AM

I think the father is involved in the death somehow.

by Anonymousreply 309April 13, 2024 10:55 AM

OT but if anyone here is angry about shitty hunters and wants to do something about it, please put your energy towards a just punishment for the asshole in Montana who tortured a wolf in public. I won’t link because the photos are pretty upsetting so just know that. But several groups are rallying and working to get this guy busted so please put your anger towards that, if you are so inclined to help.

by Anonymousreply 310April 13, 2024 11:04 AM

R303 there you go again…

by Anonymousreply 311April 13, 2024 11:09 AM

R304 what are gurgling about? WTF diez that have to do with the name his mother chose?

by Anonymousreply 312April 13, 2024 11:11 AM

So based on his powerful ripped body, the giant blond dick at R23 isn't so far fetched.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313April 13, 2024 11:16 AM

[quote]I guess there are a lot of vegans in this thread who don’t wear leather. Because otherwise the pearl clutching about a redneck hunting would be awfully hypocritical.

Killing for food or clothing is not the same as getting off killing for fun. That's what this guys IG is all about. He's not eating that wolf or other things he's so proud he killed. Pics of the skulls and bones. He's a sick spoiled red neck fucker. Good Riddance.

by Anonymousreply 314April 13, 2024 11:21 AM

[quote]Remember, millions of sober Americans voted for Trump to be president of the United States. Twice.

Yes, but I would say that's a very different form of impaired judgment than jumping out the window of a cruise ship from a high deck at night while the ship is at sea. I would think the self preservation impulses in one's brain and body would override even a huge amount of alcohol in one's system, but I guess not in this case.

by Anonymousreply 315April 13, 2024 2:58 PM

How do we know his father was black?

by Anonymousreply 316April 13, 2024 3:04 PM

From his photo?

by Anonymousreply 317April 13, 2024 3:07 PM

Just because he has curly hair? He was a light-skinned blond whose features look Caucasian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318April 13, 2024 3:23 PM

No, R318. Because his father is black.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319April 13, 2024 3:30 PM

Every time I scroll past this thread I read the headline as "Vatican horror..." and do a double-check. Every time.

by Anonymousreply 320April 13, 2024 3:48 PM

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 321April 13, 2024 4:40 PM

I wish there were barriers placed on ships to make it impossible to jump off, or be pushed off or fall off. You could still see the sea if there was large mesh placed above the rails.

by Anonymousreply 322April 13, 2024 4:50 PM

I mean, just to have bloody parking restrictions- and BUGGERY-UGLY traffic wardens, and BOLLOCKY-pedestrian-BLOODY-crossings?… and those BASTARD railings outside shops windows, making it so difficult, so you can’t even get in them! I mean, I know they’re there to stop stupid people running into the street and killing themselves! But we’re not all stupid! We don’t all need nurse-maiding. I mean, why not just have a Stupidity Tax? Just tax the stupid people!

by Anonymousreply 323April 13, 2024 5:49 PM

[quote]I think the father is involved in the death somehow.

This wouldn't be DL if somebody didn't think that.

by Anonymousreply 324April 13, 2024 5:51 PM

R322, you clearly didn’t grow up boating. I do not enjoy cruising at all, but I can still appreciate just taking in the sea. A mesh? That’s against my religion. No barriers. Freaks are going to freak, humans will always find a way to suicide, we cannot adapt every single structure to that remote possibility.

by Anonymousreply 325April 13, 2024 5:52 PM

Thank you, R325. When I used your argument to say how unfortunate it was that The Vessel at Hudson Yards in NYC had to be closed due to suicides, a friend shouted me down on social media, saying I should be more concerned about the people who chose to kill themselves by jumping off the thing rather than the fact that thousands and eventually millions of non-suicidal people would no longer be able to experience the structure.

by Anonymousreply 326April 13, 2024 8:05 PM

Which is more important, people “enjoying” being at a place where people kill themselves, or trying to prevent suicides?

by Anonymousreply 327April 13, 2024 8:25 PM

R327, maybe it’s both? Should we take away all automobiles because so many people kill themselves by car crash? Should we outlaw all razor blades? Should we disallow any meds that can be used to self-harm too?

With your logic, it seems like you want all aspects of society run through the lens of suicide, and I’m here to tell you that won’t work. So I think we have to judiciously decide in each scenario if it makes sense. Millions cruise every single year. What percentage jump overboard? I’m going to guess that it might be .0001%. Or less.

Maybe I’m wrong — I do support the nets on the Golden Gate Bridge, but for different reasons. So I’m not black and white, but shades of gray.

by Anonymousreply 328April 13, 2024 9:30 PM

[quote] With your logic,

No, r328, you own that logic since it’s not what I stated. Specific building structures, like the Vessel and the Luxor that are magnets for suicides, bridges and ships are not “all aspects of society”. On ships, I would want to protect people not only from themselves but also from accident (or being pushed).

by Anonymousreply 329April 13, 2024 9:42 PM

Fair enough r329 — I appreciate the clarity.

by Anonymousreply 330April 13, 2024 9:47 PM

There are a subset of suicidal people that do not want to commit their final act in private, they want to go where there are people to witness, so their life and their finale is not made in a vacuum. They want it known that they had existed.

by Anonymousreply 331April 13, 2024 10:16 PM

[quote]I wish there were barriers placed on ships to make it impossible to jump off, or be pushed off or fall off. You could still see the sea if there was large mesh placed above the rails.

I'm sure you've never cruised nor will ever cruise. So, most politely, fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 332April 13, 2024 11:57 PM

The Vessel Returns!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333April 14, 2024 12:04 AM

[Quote]I wish there were barriers placed on ships to make it impossible to jump off, or be pushed off or fall off. You could still see the sea if there was large mesh placed above the rails.

All aboard the S.S. Cotton Wool!

by Anonymousreply 334April 14, 2024 12:10 AM

[Quote]So I’m not black and white, but shades of gray.

Omg! This thread has gone out of this world!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335April 14, 2024 12:14 AM

[quote]Hudson Yards ‘Vessel’ Sculpture Will Reopen With Netting After Suicides

Finally doing what should have been done in the first place when it was built.

by Anonymousreply 336April 14, 2024 12:30 AM

[quote]The attraction will reopen once “floor-to-ceiling steel mesh” has been installed on several staircases

Now just need something similar on cruise ships to keep people on the ship on the ship.

by Anonymousreply 337April 14, 2024 12:32 AM

[quote]The 150-foot-high tourist attraction, which closed in 2021, will be fitted with stop people from jumping.

Did the New York Times really publish an article with the subhead above? I guess so, because I copied it directly from the online version of the article.

by Anonymousreply 338April 14, 2024 12:41 AM

[quote]On ships, I would want to protect people not only from themselves but also from accident (or being pushed).

And how would you do that without completely ruining the experience, if you're so much smarter and much ore caring than everyone else?

by Anonymousreply 339April 14, 2024 12:44 AM

R328 makes perfect sense, while R327 spews nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 340April 14, 2024 12:46 AM

Really? People want suicide nets on ships now? Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 341April 14, 2024 12:48 AM

Just on the gay cruises—to save floundering bottoms

by Anonymousreply 342April 14, 2024 12:52 AM

[quote]Really? People want suicide nets on ships now? Jesus Christ.

It wouldn't be a net. Think of a barrier like on the observation level of the Empire State Building that is high enough to keep people from going over the side. Having a barrier doesn't keep people from enjoying the experience.

by Anonymousreply 343April 14, 2024 1:49 AM

I repeat, R343, just fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 344April 14, 2024 1:52 AM

R343, a barrier that is high enough to keep people from falling off or being pushed off is not necessarily high enough to keep people from choosing to kill themselves by climbing over it. I would think only complete enclosure by plexiglass or some other substance would do that.

by Anonymousreply 345April 14, 2024 2:38 AM

[quote] I would think only complete enclosure by plexiglass or some other substance would do that.

You want to keep being on deck to being outdoors and not affect the passengers feeling the ocean breezes, so just a crosshatch barrier is sufficient. It would be the same experience as now, but with protection.

by Anonymousreply 346April 14, 2024 3:59 AM

You're a moron, R346. Almost nobody falls of a ship accidentally. However, I'm thinking you should be pushed.

by Anonymousreply 347April 14, 2024 4:02 AM

r347, as long as it wasn't on camera, I'm thinking I would like to push you.

by Anonymousreply 348April 14, 2024 5:13 AM

This thread has gone completely off the rails.

Just like Levion!

by Anonymousreply 349April 14, 2024 5:30 AM

R135 they do have a morgue. My 92 year old, cruise loving aunt asked to see one and since she was a former nurse, they let her. That’s her story, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 350April 14, 2024 1:11 PM

I am sorry having known someone who has committed suicide at his home, I have no sympathy for those that go to a place in NYC like the Vessel and make a spectacle of it. No concern for others who accidentally witness it, or the people that have to do clean up. Not to mention closing the whole damn thing down to show "concern" for victim.

Are bridges pas·sé now?

by Anonymousreply 351April 17, 2024 3:56 AM

R351, I completely agree.

by Anonymousreply 352April 17, 2024 4:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!