Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jennifer Aniston Is Jealous of Julia Roberts’ Plastic Surgery Work, Says Source

Yahoo Entertainment Jennifer Aniston Is Jealous of Julia Roberts’ Plastic Surgery Work, Says Source Michael Gioia Wed, April 3, 2024 at 7:10 AM MST 1 min read

Julia Roberts' subtle and strategic nips and tucks are giving Jennifer Aniston a serious case of sour grapes, an insider exclusively tells Life & Style.

Roberts, 56, "is quietly boasting she's found a way to turn back the clock without going over the top," the source says. "She looks fantastic. You can see that she's had a little work on her eyes, but nothing too extreme. It's done wonders for her self-esteem and her marriage because her husband, Danny Moder, can't keep his hands off her."

But Roberts' youthful glow is causing Aniston, 55, to turn green with envy, according to Life & Style sources.

"Jen's getting trolled for the work she's had done, while Julia is being feted as this forever young sex symbol. She is frantically trying to find out who Julia's doctor is, but she's getting shut out," says an insider.

"It looks like Julia's had Botox to her lower to the forehead and her upper eyes done," says top Chicago plastic surgeon Dr. Otto Placik. "I think she's likely had Botox and filler to the lip region and maybe in the cheeks as well."

He also points out some plastic-surgery fails on the former Friends star. "I think Jennifer got filler eyelids that is not sitting well, and it looks as though her lower eyelids have been tightened," says Placik, who has not treated either star.

"It looks like she's got undesirable filler in what we call the tear trough. And then she looks like she's definitely had some filler to her lower lip."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 29, 2024 3:47 PM

A Lo Vera!

Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2024 3:01 AM

Shriveled dry pussies.

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2024 3:02 AM

I’m jealous of that hat Jen wore when we went!

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2024 3:10 AM

Why would you get filler eyelids? What's the appeal of that?

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2024 3:12 AM

I just saw a few pics of her in the Daily Fail where she's seen at a Broadway show (featuring DL fave Sarah Paulson) with her new bestie Sandra Bullock after their "girls' day at cosmetic surgery retreat." She keeps holding her scarf to her chin, which I found disconcerting, until I scrolled further down and caught a semi-profile view and her neck is looking...like a neck of a normal, non-celebrity 55 year old.

Link to follow.

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2024 3:18 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2024 3:19 AM

R6 Nutrafol, girl.

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2024 3:26 AM

r5 Yikes, you're completely right – her neck is fucked and she knows it. And by fucked, I mean it looks exactly right for her age, which obviously won't do for a loaded celeb.

by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2024 3:29 AM

R8. Those folds!

Thanks for pointing that out!

Facelift tape tucked under your wigs can’t do EVERYTHING!

And the smoking…yep! It leaves one looking quite…weathered.

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2024 3:42 AM

Did Julia keep that distracting vein in her forehead?

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2024 3:47 AM

Nothing can be done about those veins surgically. Only remedy are bangs, which you can see her sporting in OP's shot.

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2024 4:03 AM

Nothing but plastic surgery and bad parts to stay relevant for these ladies.

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2024 4:29 AM

It's crazy how similar the two look in the chin department.

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2024 4:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2024 4:38 AM

The both look like scarecrows.

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2024 4:40 AM

They'll thwart age and death forever, if only they have the right surgery and injections!

by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2024 4:48 AM

At their ages, I think they look fantastic. I am exactly the same age. I look like hell and most people I know do too. When your business is your image and it requires you to be in front of the camera, of course you get work done. Come the fuck on. They are exemplary. If you want to cast stones look no further to than the C list like the Kartrashians. They are getting gnarly looking. Given they were were tacky to begin, with but still.

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2024 4:53 AM

Please. Julia is on the A+ list of stardom and very wealthy, but Jennifer is genuinely bonkers-level insane rich. She not only knows who does Julia's face work, but he'd be at her house in 5 minutes flat with his tongue extended deep into her unwashed naughty parts if she phoned -- late, on a Sunday night.

by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2024 5:18 AM

I don’t get it. When was the last large screen foray from either of these harpies? One sells lotion on TV, and Julia does small screen 📺 streaming service crap. Neither of them have given birth that I’m aware; it’s sad. So they’ve done little short of encasing themselves in amber, they’re both post-menopausal used to bees 🐝. For heaven’s sake the only human thing they’re allotted is their vanity? That’s gruesome.

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2024 5:20 AM

"It's done wonders for her self-esteem and her marriage because her husband, Danny Moder, can't keep his hands off her." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2024 5:23 AM

Can't keep his hands off her? I thought they lived in separate houses?

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2024 5:39 AM

I don't generally think Julia is ugly but she's fucking ugly in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2024 5:48 AM

Bitch, Julia what out 3... IVF no doubt as two are twins. Jen just came out recently as not being able to have children, saying she tried with Brad Pitt multiple times and couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2024 5:53 AM

*shat out

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2024 5:53 AM

R19

Julia was just in Leave the World Behind.

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2024 7:48 AM

Maybe she should stop smoking then.

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2024 7:58 AM

I think there’s a strand of hair in the Anniston “neck” pic that’s making her neck look more wrinkly than it is.

by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2024 8:32 AM

This piece reads like Julia has beef with Aniston. Didn’t Julia try to screw Brad Pitt while he was married to Aniston (while making “The Mexican”)?

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2024 8:34 AM

I always wonder with all these celebs with their black babies that are now teenagers or adults, if the stores on Rodeo Dr. have a binder of all their faces so they know not to profile them when they come into shop.

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2024 8:35 AM

Like if Theo came into Louis Vuitton on Rodeo to look at bags, would the staff reconized him as Steven Spielberg's son? Maybe there, but what about Hermès in Dallas?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2024 8:38 AM

Sandra’s posture in the Fail pics is cracking me up! She looks like she’s doing an 80s-style speed walk!

by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2024 8:41 AM

Bullock was beautiful. Aniston was pretty at best. Her brand was the homely everyday woman.

by Anonymousreply 32April 5, 2024 9:12 AM

[quote]This piece reads like Julia has beef with Aniston.

Julia’s not going to do well if that’s the case. Jennifer has an insane amount of friends in Hollywood and is one of the most well-connected celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 33April 5, 2024 10:58 AM

‘It's done wonders for Julia’s self-esteem and her marriage because her husband, Danny Moder, can't keep his hands off her."

by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2024 11:09 AM

Eyes 👀 without a face

by Anonymousreply 35April 5, 2024 11:42 AM

Next, Julia will have Danny surgically blinded.

by Anonymousreply 36April 5, 2024 11:53 AM

[quote] "It's done wonders .. her marriage because her husband, Danny Moder, can't keep his hands off her."

Are they referring to his hands around her throat?

by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2024 12:13 PM

Aniston chose her ass over her face.

That being said, I heard she quit smoking a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 38April 5, 2024 12:17 PM

Anniston was never beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 39April 5, 2024 12:19 PM

Julia’s wig is awful, though.

by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2024 12:20 PM

Why would anyone be jealous of horsey face Julia?

by Anonymousreply 41April 5, 2024 12:22 PM

[quote]Anniston was never beautiful.

Maybe not a 10, but she was the better-than-average girl next door on Friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 5, 2024 12:29 PM

Jennifer has been looking rough for the past few years. I think it's her nose, it was never a great nose job (they left it too wide), but now it looks like it's growing. She's starting to look like Jimmy Durante.

by Anonymousreply 43April 5, 2024 12:31 PM

[quote]Julia’s not going to do well if that’s the case. Jennifer has an insane amount of friends in Hollywood and is one of the most well-connected celebrities.

No offense, but this Is really fucking delusional. Have you heard of Julia Roberts? I know the word 'iconic' is really overused but if it applies to anybody it would her. Jennifer wishes she had a fraction of Julia's success and box office dominance. At the end of the day Aniston is still just small screen while Julia is Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 44April 5, 2024 12:34 PM

"Julia Roberts' subtle and strategic nips"

by Anonymousreply 45April 5, 2024 12:58 PM

Julia Roberts is an iconic movie star. But let’s not forget she’s had her share of total bombs.

by Anonymousreply 46April 5, 2024 1:31 PM

Man that plastic surgery office they visited sure is leaky

by Anonymousreply 47April 5, 2024 1:34 PM

After the latest round of venom coming from A.J.s' legal team, Brad must know the huge mistake he made.

Jen is charming and that's what makes an above average woman beautiful.

Angie is (was) beautiful but she's visibly toxic and that makes her ugly.

Jen needs to tread carefully with the dental work though. Sandy B. already looks hardened.

by Anonymousreply 48April 5, 2024 1:37 PM

Julia, whille not ugly, was never sold out as a sex symbol but as a charismatic actress. She looks good.

Jennifer, never extremely beautiful, was at a certain point presented as a sex symbol, it should be harder for her to face the aging process. She is on the verge of going overboard facewise (she did choose her body and had to intervene in the face to balance it).

Both look much more mannish.

by Anonymousreply 49April 5, 2024 1:57 PM

Men age better than women.

by Anonymousreply 50April 5, 2024 2:14 PM

I concur, R50!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 5, 2024 2:20 PM

R44, while I agree with you on the iconic level of Julia Roberts, that is not what R33 was talking about. He was saying Jennifer has more friends in Hollywood, meaning more people like her over Julia, which very well maybe true. You can be widely successful but still not very well liked, or liked as much as someone else in the industry. And as both women age out of the types of roles that made them famous, Jennifer might get more steady work because people just want to be around her.

by Anonymousreply 52April 5, 2024 2:45 PM

Julia Roberts is a backstabbing whore who is well known to (try to) sleep with all her male co-stars.

Danny knew that when he hooked onto her gravy train. He didn't give a fuck and his don't-give-a-fuck attitude was probably attractive to Julia, given the way she operates.

by Anonymousreply 53April 5, 2024 2:47 PM

What a bunch of BS.

by Anonymousreply 54April 5, 2024 2:55 PM

I am in the minority on the subject but I disagree men age better than women, or better said, i think from 60 onwards (or nearby), women have much more things at their disposal than men to disguise age, such as make-up, painted hair/wigs, even plastic surgery. All available to men, for sure, but the ones that when used by men make them look worse. If you see a couple over 70 the woman almost always look more put together than the man.

by Anonymousreply 55April 5, 2024 4:04 PM

This could all be settled diplomatically with a round of penalty kicks

by Anonymousreply 56April 5, 2024 4:58 PM

I detect the work of Julia Robert's publicist here. First clue: , Julia doesn't look any younger than Jennifer. Guessing here, but my take is Roberts wants to encourage the perception that she is still young and desirable and drag Anniston, whom she probably dislikes or heard second hand shitty things Anniston said about her. Again, guessing, but one thing is certain: This story is a plant with a dual purpose: Elevate Roberts and diss Anniston. Other possibility is they are both up for the same job and Roberts was trying to torpedo the competition. Roberts is legit box office and Anniston isn't so maybe it's a tv job

by Anonymousreply 57April 5, 2024 5:35 PM

Julia Roberts does not look fantastic. She's starting to go into starved old lady territory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 5, 2024 6:28 PM

Puh-lease. Jennifer Aniston looks fantastic. She has more $ than all the Friends and is still extremely well thought of and popular. She's also funny and doesn't take herself too seriously.

Julia Roberts, horse face with scary teeth, doesn't have any of those things and is an uber b*tch to boot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 5, 2024 6:34 PM

Well, R59, I would agree with you on one count: Aniston looks great (as she should). The rest? Hmmm...

by Anonymousreply 60April 5, 2024 6:36 PM

Jennifer is a perfect example of "You're not Ugly, You're Just Poor." She is a very average, almost masculine looking woman and she had work to get to that place. In her heyday of Friends she had pert tits, crystal blue eyes and big hair. But there is nothing wrong with being average looking. I like her a lot. I like her personality and the roles she has played. I think she is good. But no matter the age, you cannot compare Jennifer to Julia looks wise. To be honest, they are the epitome of old Hollywood TV beauty vs. Movie Star beauty.

by Anonymousreply 61April 5, 2024 7:14 PM

R42 managed to find the one hot picture of her.

by Anonymousreply 62April 6, 2024 4:17 AM

Why doesn't Jen just get a neck job?

by Anonymousreply 63April 6, 2024 4:26 AM

Can't believe Jen's had essentially the exact same hairstyle all these years. It's like, who does that?

by Anonymousreply 64April 6, 2024 4:31 AM

Some people just do look best with one particular haircut. That haircut is good for her. She can make it a little longer or a little shorter. It's not too young-looking for her and it's not old lady, either.

by Anonymousreply 65April 6, 2024 4:35 AM

I just want to live long enough to see one or both of these two wheeled out onto the stage to semi-incoherently deliver an Academy Award. That's always the ultimate test of plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 66April 6, 2024 4:42 AM

Julia has looked like shit for at least 20 yes. She was always ugly with thar huge Dick Nixon slope nose. Jen is aging much better.

by Anonymousreply 67April 6, 2024 4:46 AM

Julia got to tap DDL's dick in his prime, I'll never forgive her for that.

by Anonymousreply 68April 6, 2024 4:49 AM

She's getting jowls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 6, 2024 5:12 AM

Neither one holds a candle to Gloria Loring!

by Anonymousreply 70April 6, 2024 6:04 AM

One thing you guys aren’t taking into account is the Julia often posts pictures with zero makeup on. You won’t catch Jen dead without something on her face. I bet she’d look like an uncle if she did.

by Anonymousreply 71April 6, 2024 8:56 AM

Julia looks like a witch from Wicked in OPs pic

by Anonymousreply 72April 6, 2024 9:01 AM

R30 Let's hope he's not running around carrying Louis Vuitton or Hermes bags.

by Anonymousreply 73April 6, 2024 12:49 PM

Who the fuck wrote this? Julia is feted as a young sex symbol by whom?

by Anonymousreply 74April 6, 2024 2:49 PM

Yeah, she's really not, and that picture and those bangs do not serve her.

by Anonymousreply 75April 6, 2024 2:56 PM

[quote]So they’ve done little short of encasing themselves in amber, they’re both post-menopausal used to bees 🐝. For heaven’s sake the only human thing they’re allotted is their vanity? That’s gruesome

What does this mean?

by Anonymousreply 76April 6, 2024 3:10 PM

[quote]Julia is feted as a young sex symbol by whom?

Her publicist who paid for this puff piece. The ass licking is coming from inside the house.

by Anonymousreply 77April 6, 2024 3:10 PM

[quote] One thing you guys aren’t taking into account is the Julia often posts pictures with zero makeup on.

And? She goes to the best dermatologists money can buy. There probably still is a filter.

by Anonymousreply 78April 6, 2024 4:39 PM

Julia looks great for fiftywhatever

by Anonymousreply 79April 6, 2024 5:52 PM

Someday, a long time from now, when I'm Julia's age, I hope I can look as good as she does.

by Anonymousreply 80April 6, 2024 5:56 PM

Jen should stop with the lips. Makes it look like she hasn't got any teeth.

by Anonymousreply 81April 6, 2024 6:12 PM

Meanwhile, Julia's teeth seem to have grown in size and scale.

by Anonymousreply 82April 7, 2024 8:28 AM

Why? She can always go this route

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 7, 2024 6:12 PM

Horse-faced Julia's career was basically 2 overrated films: Erin Brockovich and Pretty Woman. The rest: Mona Lisa Smile, Runaway Bride, Stepmom, Mary Reilly, I Love Trouble, Everyone Says I Love You, Charlie Wilson's War, Eat Pray Love . . .is shit

by Anonymousreply 84April 10, 2024 9:43 AM

Jesus R84, you're right! I forgot how many absolute garbage movies she's done. I did like America's Sweethearts, although that was more of an ensemble movie.

by Anonymousreply 85April 10, 2024 11:49 AM

I don't hate Julia Roberts (nor like her either), but that long hair with the curious color and the bangs make her look frail and old.

A good haircut would do her a world of good

by Anonymousreply 86April 10, 2024 1:00 PM

Julia Robert’s career was in real trouble in the late ‘90s… she’d made a ton of bombs and Sandra Bullock had basically replaced her. But then she had a big comeback with My Best Friend’s Wedding.

by Anonymousreply 87April 10, 2024 2:25 PM

I never cared for Julia Roberts at her 90s America's Sweetheart peak, but I have to say she's become a very good character actress as she's gotten older. She was excellent in The Normal Heart.

by Anonymousreply 88April 10, 2024 6:08 PM

R86 agreed. Plus I don't know why she insists on showing her bony, knobby knee legs. They look old and frail too.

by Anonymousreply 89April 10, 2024 6:18 PM

Forgot to add link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 10, 2024 6:19 PM

I think R14 is really Julia

by Anonymousreply 91April 10, 2024 6:51 PM

Looking at R48's picture; how do you think she went from the pouty lips to the flat ape mouth she has now? It's the part of her face that I find most distracting watching her onscreen. I know it's partly the deflation of aging, but the way her mouth barely moves when she talks now makes me think she went crazy with Botox or fillers or something.

by Anonymousreply 92April 10, 2024 11:20 PM

Sorry, meant R42.

by Anonymousreply 93April 10, 2024 11:20 PM

Three surgeries would massively de-age/de-man Jen's face: a bullhorn lip lift, a modest narrowing of her nasal bridge, and a very tastefully-done endoscopic brow lift. No more fillers—she's a sagger, not a hollower. Her lower face and neck are fine for now.

by Anonymousreply 94April 11, 2024 1:37 AM

Jennifer is probably sorry she cut her hair, that long hair used to hide her neck and face better

by Anonymousreply 95April 11, 2024 1:39 AM

She looks younger with the shorter hair.

by Anonymousreply 96April 11, 2024 1:50 AM

I don't know what some of you are talking about. Julia and Jennifer are actually very good friends. Brad Pitt is one of Julia's really good Hollywood friends and she has always been Team Aniston through the whole Anjelina mess.

by Anonymousreply 97April 22, 2024 3:18 AM

R84 you fail to mention that in the span of 10 years no actress has ever carried over 10 films to 100 million in box office dollars. That is why she is an icon and why nearly every actress alive respects her even if she's a bitch. No woman had her name alone above the title for decades before she happened.

by Anonymousreply 98April 22, 2024 3:27 AM

R98 She was well-paid for forgettable, formulaic crap: Mona Lisa Smile, Runaway Bride, Stepmom, Mary Reilly, I Love Trouble, Everyone Says I Love You, Charlie Wilson's War, Eat Pray Love, Larry Crowne, My Best Friend's Wedding, Secret in Their Eyes, Notting Hill, Dying Young, Sleeping with the Enemy, The Pelican Brief . . . Even Erin Brockovich is formulaic.

by Anonymousreply 99April 22, 2024 3:58 AM

Unfortunately that's what being a movie star is. Plug in roles. Most massive stars will not be doing Citizen Kane. It's more about appealing to the masses.

by Anonymousreply 100April 22, 2024 4:01 AM

But many stars have used their clout to initiate interesting projects or projects they believe in. She did little of that so her being a BO success is merely proof that mediocrity pays. You make her sound like a trailblazer R98😁😁😁

by Anonymousreply 101April 22, 2024 4:23 AM

When did Julia Roberts turn into Mary Steenburgen?

Just kidding. Mary has a normal-sized nose.

by Anonymousreply 102April 22, 2024 4:24 AM

R101 for getting films headlined by women made she is 100% percent a trailblazer. Go back and count the women who were box office stars before her. It simply had never happened at that level.

by Anonymousreply 103April 22, 2024 4:32 AM

R103 You sure you're not thinking of Reese Witherspoon? Or Drew Barrymore?

At least THEIR production companies have an explicit policy of promoting content from first-time screenwriters, many of them women.

Julia Roberts is a legend, but the only "policy" she seems to carry as a producer is: "Fuck you, pay me! Because I'm worth it!"

by Anonymousreply 104April 22, 2024 4:38 AM

[quote]Go back and count the women who were box office stars before her. It simply had never happened at that level.

It happened A LOT at that level.

Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Katharine Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe etc.

by Anonymousreply 105April 22, 2024 4:40 AM

R103 Her films were about as trailblazing as Doris Day's, Barbra Streisand, Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, Audrey Hepburn, Kathleen Turner, Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe were all top BO stars before Jewelia.

by Anonymousreply 106April 22, 2024 4:45 AM

R103 You sweet summer child. Are you really asking Data Lounge, with all its funemployed eldergays and fans of Hollywood bitchery, to dig into the history of female superstardom in Hollywood before this little climber appeared on the scene in 1989?

Female Superstars Who Carried Films before Julia Roberts:

Hepburn - Both the Yankee fridge and the foreign one

Jane Fonda

Bette Davis

Meryl Streep

Doris Day

Marilyn Monroe

Mary Pickford

Olivia De Havilland

Vivien Leigh

Elizabeth Taylor

Faye Dunaway

Judy Garland

And on and on.

by Anonymousreply 107April 22, 2024 4:51 AM

As was originally addressed before. Which one did it to that degree in 20 years before her? Which one of these actresses had their name ALONE above the title for two decades? And which one of these women started getting paid as much as men?

by Anonymousreply 108April 23, 2024 4:23 AM

Eliazbeth Taylor in a career of 6 decades with 5 Oscar nominations and 2 wins, was paid $1 million for Cleopatra making her the highest-paid woman in the history of Hollywood at that time. And many actresses with their name above the title were paid more than many of their male contemporaries.

by Anonymousreply 109April 23, 2024 5:15 AM

The secret Julia shares must never become public. It’s a very, VERY select group, you understand?

by Anonymousreply 110April 23, 2024 5:19 AM

R110 That would explain why Julia Roberts isn’t in movies anymore. At least she didn’t stage her own phony death.

by Anonymousreply 111April 23, 2024 12:16 PM

Roberts refused to star in The Proposal (2009) unless Disney offered her a higher salary; eventually, Disney hired Sandra Bullock for even less money than it had offered Roberts, and the film became one of the highest-grossing romantic comedies, ever.

We can do without you

by Anonymousreply 112April 23, 2024 8:39 PM

Demi Moore held the record for highest paid actress back in 1996, prior to Julia eclipsing her.

by Anonymousreply 113April 23, 2024 9:02 PM

I thought The Proposal was entertaining enough and think she would have sucked in it.

by Anonymousreply 114April 23, 2024 9:12 PM

R113 Demi was prettier than both Julia and Jennifer. She was also in Mortal Thoughts which I found to be severely underrated. One of my favorites, Glenne Headly, was in it as well. It must be streaming somewhere for anyone who hasn't seen it.

by Anonymousreply 115April 23, 2024 9:51 PM

“Striptease” ended Demi’s career.

by Anonymousreply 116April 23, 2024 9:54 PM

Why should Julia work for less money than she thinks she deserves and can make elsewhere? None of us would work for less than we think we’re worth. Unless we’re desperate and have no other option. And Julia certainly is not.

by Anonymousreply 117April 23, 2024 10:22 PM

Well, she ultimately did work for less money R117. She reached a salary high of 25 million in 2003 with Mona Lisa Smile and it was downhill from there. In 2010 she got 10 million for Eat Pray Shit and by 2016 she did Mother's Day for 3 million.

by Anonymousreply 118April 24, 2024 1:22 AM

(^.^) Aniston made 10 million for Mother's Day and received 26 million in 2013 for We're the Millers the most she was ever paid for a feature film.

by Anonymousreply 119April 24, 2024 1:30 AM

Then maybe Miss Aniston shouldn’t have tried cosmetically transitioning into Peter O’Toole (…?).

by Anonymousreply 120April 24, 2024 2:01 AM

By 2010 the industry started shutting away from star driven. 10 million was still well paid and more than most actresses made then. She's a fully self absorbed narcissistic bitch but you can't take the movie star quality away from her. She had IT. Whatever it is.

by Anonymousreply 121April 24, 2024 4:19 AM

R119 Roberts has a very bit part part in that. She did it as favor to her mentor and the man who made her Garry Marshall who she always said she would do anything for.

by Anonymousreply 122April 24, 2024 4:28 AM

She should play Caitlyn Jenner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 24, 2024 6:53 AM

The fucking middle part looks horrible on her long face. Can we stop with the middle part and the beach waves already? So boring, unoriginal and EVERYWHERE.

by Anonymousreply 124April 24, 2024 12:50 PM

R112 that was for The Blind Side. She thought it was something she'd already done and would only do it for cash. She turned Disney down for Proposal because unless it was a big paycheck she didn't wanna doANOTHER ORMANTIC COMEDY.

by Anonymousreply 125April 25, 2024 3:59 AM

another romantic comedy*

by Anonymousreply 126April 25, 2024 3:59 AM

So instead of another romantic comedy she did this shit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 25, 2024 6:01 AM

I'm not really understanding the debate, Julia is in a class all by herself. Of course she has some flops, but who doesn't? There are more wins than losses. Bullock was popular in the 90s yes, but she wasn't commanding the paychecks that Julia was commanding and getting, nor did she have the clout or equal popularity. Demi Moore never topped Julia either, but nobody stays on top forever. Anniston was never in the same league as the aforementioned women, and even the "Friends" legacy doesn't compare to being A-list movie star. Julia was undoubtedly the biggest actress of the 90s and early millennium.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 25, 2024 6:42 PM

Jfc they couldn't have done a better job with her hair extensions on that cover? It doesn't even look like real hair.

by Anonymousreply 129April 25, 2024 7:20 PM

R128 Ticket to Paradise, Ben Is Back, Money Monster. Secret in Their Eyes, August Onsage County, Mirror, Mirror, Larry Crowne, Eat Pray Love, Duplicity, Charlie Wilson's War, Mona Lisa Smile, America's Sweethearts, The Mexican, Runaway Bride, Notting Hill, Wonder, Stepmom, Conspiracy Theory, Michael Collins, Mary Reilly, Everyone Says I Love You, I Love Trouble, The Pelican Brief, Dying Young, Sleeping with the Enemy, Full Frontal . . .are hardly cinematic treasures and their IMDB ratings fall below 7.0. Her legacy is forgettable, formulaic junk that no one talks about anymore. Like Wonder Bread and Skippy Peanut Butter, she was a well-sold commodity even those most of the films I listed I've never heard of let alone seen and most of them were far from BO or critical successes.

by Anonymousreply 130April 25, 2024 9:50 PM

Pretty Woman, My Best Friend's Wedding and Steel Magnolias will always be in the American zeitgeist. They are generational films every girl has seen many times and loves. SM is a favorite weepie across every all generations of women.

by Anonymousreply 131April 26, 2024 3:22 AM

R128 all those films are among a $4 billion dollar box office resume. 29 as a leading actress.

by Anonymousreply 132April 26, 2024 4:02 AM

^meant R30. Sorry R28.

by Anonymousreply 133April 26, 2024 4:02 AM

I'm a LEGEND. That Aniston woman is a footnote.

by Anonymousreply 134April 26, 2024 4:03 AM

R130*

by Anonymousreply 135April 26, 2024 4:03 AM

R131 Yes, cable TV and streaming services have Julia's movies on constant rotation

by Anonymousreply 136April 26, 2024 4:31 AM

Like all the great film stars most actors tell this same story when they meet her. The super hot costar from Homecoming said he had to take a moment when she walked in. That is a star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 27, 2024 6:11 AM

Meg Ryan is the one who screwed it up the worst. I was surprised to see she is only 62, she has looked that age for years. That face work she had done ruined her career more than the alleged affair with Russell Crowe.

by Anonymousreply 138April 27, 2024 12:13 PM

My mother who hasn't known who any celebrity is since Burt Reynolds actually knows who Julia Roberts is. My sister in law and brother live out of state and once a year my mom goes and stays with them for a week and it's a tradition that my SIL watches Pretty Woman with my Mom every time she stays there.

She may recognize somebody like Sandra Bullock in that she has seen in her movies before but she couldn't name her. Julia Roberts has the star power. Funny thing is my mom watched The Mexican and got a shock when it wasn't a cutesy romcom type movie.

by Anonymousreply 139April 27, 2024 12:20 PM

R139 Julia was on every magazine cover, talk show and entertainment news show in the 90s. Stevie Wonder could have recognized her.

by Anonymousreply 140April 28, 2024 5:53 PM

Why would Julia Roberts get a bunch of cosmetic procedures done and NOT get her nose tweaked to be closer to the size it was in her youth?

I understand not wanting to go under the knife, but if you are going to do it anyway, who not address the obvious stuff?

by Anonymousreply 141April 28, 2024 6:05 PM

OP is a MAGA troll! Kimberly Guilfoyle had plastic surgery!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 142April 28, 2024 6:22 PM

Aniston looks lovely in OP's image. Not overdone at all. What's she complaining about?

by Anonymousreply 143April 29, 2024 12:15 AM

R141 Frankly, I wish Jen would do the same.

But I can maybe see it from their perspective—rhinoplasty can be a HUGE hit or miss and making a major change to your face late in your career can kill it, especially if you have a very unique/memorable nose shape like Julia does. Look what happened to Renee Zellweger just from tweaking her eyes the tiniest bit. Basically, if you're an A-list star of a certain age these days, doing anything to your face that is recognizably altered instantly renders you a joke.

by Anonymousreply 144April 29, 2024 3:16 AM

I'm guessing no one is jealous of Nicole Kidman's plastic surgery.

That's a bullet dodged!

by Anonymousreply 145April 29, 2024 3:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!