Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beyonce's version of "Blackbird" by the Beatles

Gets a public vote of confidence from Sir Paul himself.

Bey is COMING for that Grammy, heifers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 25, 2024 1:24 PM

I thought that was a photo of Angela Lansbury on the right.

by Anonymousreply 1April 4, 2024 6:50 PM

Oh look, another Bedonce thread.

by Anonymousreply 2April 4, 2024 6:54 PM

R2 don't worry. Your nurse will come to change your soiled bedsheets soon.

by Anonymousreply 3April 4, 2024 7:02 PM

What really surprises me about Beyoncé is that her fans are rabid in their defense of her mostly horrible albums, but her album sales are nowhere near impressive for a singer who is at her level of fame. For example, that tone deaf tapeworm Taylor Swift registers both impressive sales and concert attendance rates, but Beyoncé only seems to have a huge media presence and considerable concert attendance numbers, while her sales tend to be nowhere near impressive.

With that said, I think that it's a great pity that Mrs Carter has so very little musical taste, because as her album 4 proves, she can do some pretty interesting things when her instincts are properly guided (Love On Top is pure brilliance, 1+1, Best Thing I Never Had and I Was There are great, and numbers like Schooling Life and Dreaming are quite good). However, since the extremely uneven but mostly awful Lemonade, she has pigheadedly adhered to a disastrous formula that is held together by crass wokeism and aggressive publicity campaigns.

As for the old hen known as Paul McCartney, he is an egotist who would do anything to increase his media profile. Also, like all the members of The Beatles, he is a mediocre musician and singer who was in the right place at the right time. I wouldn't consider his blessing anything about which one ought to brag.

by Anonymousreply 4April 4, 2024 7:17 PM

I liked her cover. I wish she’d do more softer music like this instead of the constant yelling and screaming.

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2024 12:28 AM

Her voice is uniquely grating.

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2024 1:44 AM

Are they all afraid to say no to her? Do they need the money? Paul and his solo efforts suck donkey dick. Still, there is no way her rendition of Blackbird is better than the Beatles. Jolene was perfect without her. I made it through two and a half listens of Texas Hold Em. Her cornpone droning made my ears bleed. 😈

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2024 2:11 AM

R4, you could have just said you hate Beyonce with far fewer words.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2024 3:26 PM

The song is lovely and Beyonce's recording is lovely.

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2024 3:26 PM

What a desecration and I'm disappointed in Paul McC (or "Macca" as the Brits call him) for allowing her to cover this. Brings my opinion of him down a few notches, but i guess keeping one's self relevant is important for those in public facing occupations.

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2024 3:31 PM

She’s just a singer, you know. Not the messiah.

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2024 3:31 PM

Datalounge is a safe space for people who are weary of her and her stupid stans.

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2024 3:50 PM

R4 You could listen to music you like.

by Anonymousreply 13April 25, 2024 12:24 AM

I like Beyoncé and I like Sir Paul but I have no desire to hear her rendition. But good on her for introducing this song to a new audience.

by Anonymousreply 14April 25, 2024 12:35 AM

Is she capable of doing anything original?

by Anonymousreply 15April 25, 2024 1:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!