Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tell Me Your Favorite Bewitched Episode

I love any with lots of magic and Aunt Clara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 20, 2024 5:32 PM

OMFG! That looks and sounds like Eve Arden as the nurse at 2:49. But she looks so much younger than Eve would have been at this time. Too tired to Google it tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1April 4, 2024 5:58 AM

OP, fuck you for posting this. Have forgotten how brilliant this series was, and now I'll be up all night, giggling. I'll lose my partner, job, and home. And whatever shard of dignity I had remaining.

I hope you wake up in the morning to find only a piece of bread pudding and a cup of instant High Point coffee for breakfast!

by Anonymousreply 2April 4, 2024 6:30 AM

That is most definitely Eve Arden, r1.

I liked the Billy Mumy episodes. He swapped bodies with Darren in one episode, and did a great job of playing Dick York.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 4, 2024 6:40 AM

There are so many, but the first one that comes to mind is the time Uncle Arthur pranked Darren with the phony protection spell. "Yagga-ZOOZY Yagga-ZOOZY Yagga ZOOSY ZIM!" *clang clang* *quack quack*

by Anonymousreply 4April 4, 2024 7:02 AM

Any episode where they “Calling Dr. Bombay!”

by Anonymousreply 5April 4, 2024 7:40 AM

Too similar to Lockwood and Co which Netflix canceled.

by Anonymousreply 6April 4, 2024 11:14 AM

Any of them with Serena.

As a gayling, I’d jump up and down on the sofa and dance to this scene in sheer joy. The wild camera zooms made it seem as if Serena was about to yank the entire show off its chain.

I even took my dad’s Panasonic tape recorder and taped the audio to listen to as if it were a hit 45.

I lived in between St. Louis and Chicago, so I got Bewitched in syndication twice a day. I watched the show A LOT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 4, 2024 11:37 AM

Love this show and any episode Endora gets to toy with Mother Stevens is the best.

by Anonymousreply 8April 4, 2024 12:01 PM

Whenever I tried to get out of going to school when I was a kid, I would tell my mother, “I’m having one of my sick headaches!” She would look at me with cool disdain, for she knew the raging faggotry before her would only get worse upon adolescence.

Can you IMAGINE? An 8-year-old boy claiming “I have another of my sick headaches!” in an attempt to get out of school. Well, of course you can, DL.

I wouldn’t stop until Cuntella relented and I got to stay home.

Of course, now I work at Subway. Probably should have gone to school. It’s all too much. I think another of my sick headaches is coming on.

by Anonymousreply 9April 4, 2024 12:24 PM

R6 here. I meant that for the Dead Boy Detectives thread.

by Anonymousreply 10April 4, 2024 6:57 PM

Joan Tompkins is the belle of the ball in this episode where love potion goes wrong. Once in a Vial! Hard to believe it’s about to be 60 years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2024 9:49 AM

I think I like the ones without Tabatha and Adam the best.

by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2024 2:45 AM

I like the first two seasons with the OG Mrs. Kravitz the best. My favorite episode of the later seasons is when Serena and Uncle Arthur lose their powers and get a job at the banana stand.

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2024 2:47 AM

R13 Alice Pearce’s facial expressions as Gladys Kravitz were everything. The woman was a riot.

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2024 3:02 AM

R9: I had a nice chuckle, while reading your post. My favorite episodes are: "Sisters At Heart", which believe was written by a high school, English class, and the episode where Tabitha makes her toys, life-size.

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2024 7:04 AM

R9 that story belongs on the classic "Dialing the Phone with a Pencil" thread.

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2024 6:03 PM

The one where Darrin has to learn Italian. Endora casts a spell and then Darrin is perfectly fluent in Italian but cannot understand English! It's a riot!

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2024 6:21 PM

I also love any episode where Larry Tate fires Derwood only to hire him back after the business turns around. Or any episode that shows a pregnant Sam drinking martinis or scotch.

by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2024 6:23 PM

Any episode where they imbibe cocktails! Especially with second Darren.

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2024 6:26 PM

You try living with in-laws popping in out of thin air all day long and we’ll see who’s grasping for a cocktail.

by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2024 6:39 PM

Any of them with Mabel Albertson and Agnes Moorehead in the same episode. Talk about perfect casting ! Best one was 'Tabitha's Lost Weekend' where she turned herself into a cookie at Grandma Stephens' house and Sam and Endora show up to find her.

by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2024 6:43 PM

Darrin I is the only Darrin.

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2024 6:47 PM

r21, and r9, OMG, the bird in that episode says, "I have a sick headache"!

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2024 6:50 PM

I'm sure it did...

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2024 6:59 PM

Any episode with Samantha's father, Maurice. He was such a ham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2024 7:13 PM

Early Season One Episode. Dinner party at Sheila's house. Here's a clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 6, 2024 7:23 PM

My local station used clips from that episode in a commercial they ran several times a day in the 1970s, R17. To this day I can still hear Samantha in my head incanting, "Speak Italian, but spoil the spell, and speak your mother tongue as well!" Spoiler: It didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2024 7:26 PM

R26 I love the episode a few years later where Samantha gets her revenge on Sheila once again. She snatched her wig!

by Anonymousreply 28April 7, 2024 2:42 PM

That was such a GAY show. Uncle Arthur, Maurice, Dr. Bombay, Endora....all unspoken gay characters. Darren 2.0 was gay in real like but playing straight.

by Anonymousreply 29April 7, 2024 4:31 PM

R26. Yes! Love that episode. Nancy Kovack played the perfect bitch.

by Anonymousreply 30April 7, 2024 4:39 PM

I can't remember the episode , but this is still my favorite dialogue on "Bewitched":

MOTHER STEPHENS: "Tell me, Serena, don't you think Endora uses too much makeup for a woman of her years?"

SERENA: (laughing) "She only admits to three hundred!"

MOTHER STEPHENS: (pauses, then:)"I suppose I deserved that..."

by Anonymousreply 31April 7, 2024 4:46 PM

Don't forget one of the twins who played Tabitha grew up to be gay as well!

by Anonymousreply 32April 7, 2024 4:47 PM

I hated the Aunt Clara and Serena episodes.

I'll go with the time travel episodes where Darren has to go back to save Sam from Henry VIII.

by Anonymousreply 33April 7, 2024 5:01 PM

Only a soulless monster would hate Serena and Aunt Clara.

by Anonymousreply 34April 7, 2024 7:41 PM

Deerwood really was a drip. Why not go to lunch in Paris once in awhile?

by Anonymousreply 35April 7, 2024 7:45 PM

***derwood

by Anonymousreply 36April 7, 2024 7:46 PM

The episodes on Tubi are remastered in high definition and look amazing. The episodes on Amazon Prime look like shit.

by Anonymousreply 37April 9, 2024 4:40 PM

I watched a few Tubi eps and yeah, they do look really clear and colorful. One thing to note: the picture takes up the whole HD TV screen, so that means that, because the show was shot in the square format to fit old televisions, they’re cutting off the top and/or bottom (or some of each) of every frame and having to do pan & scan to get all the important stuff in the picture. Some purists will be up in arms over this.

by Anonymousreply 38April 17, 2024 8:59 AM

Who the FUCK hates Aunt Clara???!!! R33, seek help. Immediately.

by Anonymousreply 39April 18, 2024 1:22 AM

There's one episode where Endora casts a vengeful spell on Darren for being too sassy with her, and he almost loses an account, but Sam saves the day be pretending the spell was actually just Darren's brilliant advertising gimmick.

That would have to be my favorite episode.

by Anonymousreply 40April 18, 2024 1:24 AM

It was a decent show. A lot of campy shows. But I did love the house layout.

by Anonymousreply 41April 18, 2024 1:57 AM

When her first husband gave her the AIDS, and she had to go to the Abortion Hut in the mall to get that wretched thing out of her.

by Anonymousreply 42April 18, 2024 2:07 AM

What, R42?

by Anonymousreply 43April 18, 2024 2:46 AM

Episodes with Alice Ghostley and sidekick Paul Linda. RIVETING!!!

by Anonymousreply 44April 18, 2024 6:01 AM

I love the Family Guy parody where Darrin burns Endora with Holy Water.

“Power of Christ compels you, bitch!”

by Anonymousreply 45April 18, 2024 6:09 AM

I’m assuming Paul Linda was autocorrect R44, but in this case it actually works.

by Anonymousreply 46April 20, 2024 1:22 PM

My favorite is either "Abner Kadabra" where Samantha convinces Gladys Kravitz (Alice Pearce) that she has magic powers, or "Allergic to Macedonian Dodo Birds" where Endora loses her powers and becomes completely helpless. I love Alice Pearce being a complete loon in "Abner Kadabra," thinking that she can control the rain and turn people into dust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 20, 2024 5:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!