Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

2SLGBTQIA+

Saw this acronym yesterday on a press release from a "gay rights" nonprofit, although I assume they'd take issue with the term gay rights at this point.

Apparently "2S" stands for "two spirits."

I'm all for inclusivity. I am a trans ally. I believe everyone should be able to identify themselves however they want. But to me, an acronym like that signals a kind of deep triviality. It's confusing and off-putting, as well as non-inclusive in its own way.

End rant.

by Anonymousreply 135April 18, 2024 9:27 PM

I am not “all for inclusivity.”

Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2024 3:01 PM

What is unique about “2 spirits” that is not covered by LGBT?

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2024 3:02 PM

They do this just to get your panties in a twist OP.

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2024 3:06 PM

It was a mistake to give bisexuals their own letter. They share concerns with lesbians and gays when they are in same sex relationships, so Lesbian and Gay has them covered. Yes, they are “different,” but not different enough to warrant their own letter. Once that ship sailed, the rest was inevitable.

Ts do face distinct challenges. So distinct that they really should stand on their own now.

Q, I, A? Go to hell.

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2024 3:09 PM

Nonprofit LGBTQ orgs are a queer business, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2024 3:16 PM

Everyone on this thread is one hundred years old, farts dust and reeks of mothballs.

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2024 3:21 PM

^Q

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2024 3:26 PM

I've rarely heard 2S used. I understood it as a native American term.

I think the full acronym is: LGBTQQIAAP+ which is lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, ally and pansexual with the + intended to cover anything additional (presumably like two spirit).

But, let's be honest, 99% of people just say LGBT+ to cover it all.

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2024 3:46 PM

The only people that needed legislation and support to combat bigotry were gay men and lesbians who faced discrimination just because of who they are attracted to, they never asked for extra rights only to be treated fairly so that they were not discriminated against at work, for housing and other legal protections married couples have.

Being gay does not require hormones or cosmetic surgery it does not require people to change their language and use pronouns or to deny reality by making others participate in head games.

The letter alphabet that cane after are mentally ill people needing attention and like a Trojan horse they infiltrated a just cause and perverted it, the rainbow flag has become a mess and no longer represents those who it originally stood for.

by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2024 11:10 PM

OP does nothing but sit home and, while not nursing Mother’s bedsores, has nothing do but post anti-trans shit.

Take Mom’s panties off and come out of the Trans closet, you obsessive cunt.

by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2024 11:16 PM

I bet that OP's search history is...interesting.

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2024 11:24 PM

R11 Yep, like the Orange One.

by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2024 11:25 PM

I had to answer an anonymous work-related survey for my job today. I work for a large school board as a teacher. One of the last questions was “How do you identify?” In the past, one of the options was always gay/lesbian which I chose. Now it’s become gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender/2-spirit/questioning…. I think it’s important to let my employers know I’m part of a minority group, but I resent being lumped into this hodgepodge.

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2024 11:35 PM

R13. Ugh, Grandpa, at your age, I see why you’d easily become befuddled.

Your mandatory retirement is coming up at the end of the school year, right?

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2024 11:39 PM

OP, if you’re all for that other crap you have no business complaining about this.

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2024 11:41 PM

R13, that’s a ridiculous question. No one’s business and r14, go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2024 11:41 PM

OP Is quite the snowflake, huh?

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2024 11:44 PM

I don’t think intersex people were ever asked to be a part of this.

by Anonymousreply 18April 3, 2024 12:47 AM

No thank you. I am not participating in this farce.

by Anonymousreply 19April 3, 2024 4:32 AM

Where is the C----As in COMPLAINTS?. You can't have tranz without complaints. You just can't.

by Anonymousreply 20April 3, 2024 4:38 AM

Apparently kids are identifying as cats and demanding litter boxes in school!

by Anonymousreply 21April 3, 2024 4:52 AM

It's retarded.

by Anonymousreply 22April 3, 2024 5:01 AM

The Sexual Minority Community

by Anonymousreply 23April 3, 2024 7:52 AM

The strong password people

by Anonymousreply 24April 3, 2024 8:00 AM

It's strange how lots of gays and lesbians sneer at the LGBT+ thing these days, even though without activism they wouldn't be in the position to sneer.

by Anonymousreply 25April 3, 2024 8:05 AM

Reclaim "LGB" only.

Or maybe GLB...gays should come first..

T and all the other letters don't belong.

by Anonymousreply 26April 3, 2024 9:33 AM

Absolutely r26. All letters to the right of the B in LGB are not sexualities so need to be set free to do their own thing. Trans is not a version of gay.

by Anonymousreply 27April 3, 2024 10:09 AM

I've been gay and out since I was 19 in 1973. I have never felt the need for any acronym.

by Anonymousreply 28April 3, 2024 10:21 AM

Jesus Christ, I hate the word "queer."

by Anonymousreply 29April 3, 2024 10:33 AM

The "Q" started off in this alphabet soup as "questioning," which I don't even know why that should be included.

Chances are if you're questioning, you're gay. And if you don't know, how long does this questioning period last?

by Anonymousreply 30April 3, 2024 10:35 AM

It just rolls off the tongue!

by Anonymousreply 31April 3, 2024 10:39 AM

The Q is for both Queer and Questioning, just as the A is for both asexual and allies.

Did we leave anyone out? Oh, I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 32April 3, 2024 1:12 PM

In Canada they put it first because of “white guilt” even though we already pay reparations.

It’s a tired old sexist concept.

“My male spirit does the hunting while my female spirit sucks dick and does the dishes”

It’s fucking lame.

by Anonymousreply 33April 3, 2024 1:31 PM

But, but the lesbians come first! Everyone knows that!

by Anonymousreply 34April 3, 2024 1:33 PM

Not sure if it needs pointing out, but most people who aren't L, G or B and complain about this acronym (usually calling it "alphabet soup") don't like the LGB aspect either.

I'm sure some gay people who mock anything to the right of LGB think most straight conservatives are fine with us, but they're really not.

Some gay conservatives like Rob Smith have worked it out, but many still seem to be ignorant of it. Everyone's free to do as they please, though, even the 'pick me' gays.

by Anonymousreply 35April 3, 2024 1:51 PM

Why do you think what conservatives think of gays and lesbians has anything to do with how gays and lesbians think of the laundry list?

Is it the progressive doctrine that all oppressed people must stick together? We know that white gay men are only provisionally included in that solidarity.

by Anonymousreply 36April 3, 2024 1:58 PM

I'm with R1.

I am not "all for inclusivity" either.

The failure of organizations and lobbying groups to protect the rights of gay and lesbian people is their lack of focus on issues which directly impact on us. The waste of time and resources on issues which only tangentally impact us has diverted focus, lessening the impact on all issues.

Throwing "2S" at the beginning of the name is offensive.

by Anonymousreply 37April 3, 2024 1:58 PM

R36 I was commenting more on the fact it's funny so many gays ally themselves with people who don't give a fuck about them. It was merely an observation. They are, of course, free to do exactly as they wish.

by Anonymousreply 38April 3, 2024 2:35 PM

[quote] It's strange how lots of gays and lesbians sneer at the LGBT+ thing these days, even though without activism they wouldn't be in the position to sneer.

WTF are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 39April 3, 2024 2:42 PM

Silly

by Anonymousreply 40April 3, 2024 2:47 PM

R39 Why are you all so dense? In simple terms, many gay people will mock LGBT activism and anything that even mentions sexuality because they see it as separate from them. But activism is why they, as gay people, enjoy the equality they have today.

by Anonymousreply 41April 3, 2024 3:00 PM

Marsha should’ve thrown the first brick at R41

by Anonymousreply 42April 3, 2024 3:18 PM

R42 Haha. Mr Defensive.

by Anonymousreply 43April 3, 2024 3:38 PM

Adults stuck in adolescence still trying to figure out who they are, all of them, except LGB because you are or you aren't.

by Anonymousreply 44April 3, 2024 4:06 PM

Because everyone is a special snowflake, and wants to be recognized as such.

by Anonymousreply 45April 3, 2024 4:08 PM

[quote]Why are you all so dense? In simple terms, many gay people will mock LGBT activism and anything that even mentions sexuality because they see it as separate from them. But activism is why they, as gay people, enjoy the equality they have today.

You are conflating sexuality with “gender expression” which is self imposed and a human invention.

by Anonymousreply 46April 4, 2024 8:22 AM

R46 I feel like calling someone with gender dysphoria a "tranny" (or similar) isn't much different as calling a gay person a homophobic slur.

I think my experience of receiving homophobia in the past means I don't abuse other minorities because I know how it feels. Insults should always be based on character. So if a gay or trans person is being an asshole then obviously call them out for it, but for their behaviour not for their sexuality or dysmorphia.

I know it's going to fall on deaf ears, though.

by Anonymousreply 47April 4, 2024 9:09 AM

[quote]I think my experience of receiving homophobia in the past means I don't abuse other minorities because I know how it feels.

Well said R47. Your whole post. Very reasonable and smart. No it doesn't fall on deaf ears because I feel the exact same way as your post. I remember the homophobia too and sometimes I still get treated with homophobia even though I'm 53 now. I refuse to inflict the way it makes me feel to be on the receiving end of homophobia on anybody else. We are all just doing the best we can with what we have. Why shit all over other people to try to make them miserable and less than. People who do this disgust me.

As for the acronym - I'm gay and I just use LGBT and that covers everything. Anything else is overkill and it's gut-wrenching watching straight people trying to say the longer acronyms thinking they are being respectful towards us. Perhaps LGBT+ if it's really necessary?

by Anonymousreply 48April 4, 2024 9:19 AM

R48 Thanks. And yeah, I suppose the people who do it are sad in some way, otherwise they wouldn't try to bring others down with slurs.

I agree LGBT is just fine. There seems to be an increasing trend of demanding the T be removed. Whereas LGB and T people have shared history. No we're not all the same, but there are similarities. I can only think those that want to remove T from LGBT don't know any trans people, as they wouldn't want to throw friends under the bus just because there are some bad faith trans people out there.

by Anonymousreply 49April 4, 2024 10:02 AM

r6 I'm 26, but thanks! I agree with OP, the whole letters thing is out of control. At this point it has become meaningless. What is the point?

by Anonymousreply 50April 4, 2024 10:16 AM

[quote]R9 The letter alphabet that cane after …

Shut it, cane face.

by Anonymousreply 51April 4, 2024 10:25 AM

R49 - I disagree. There's obviously lots of similarities between gay men and lesbians, though each have issues that effect one more than the other. Bisexuals, again there's some cross over.

But gender identity / gender expression has very little in common with sexual orientation. Sure you can be trans and gay, lesbian or bi, but the majority are almost certainly heterosexual. They've never been persecuted over their sexuality.

As for asexuals - they can just fuck off. No one has ever lost their job or their home because they're asexual. As a gay man, with a typical man's libido, I have nothing in common with them at all. They don't want to have sex? Great. I don't care. They doesn't make you special or interesting or have anything in common with gay men, lesbians and bisexuals whose inherent being (and reason they are hated) is over who they fall in love with and / or have sex with.

by Anonymousreply 52April 4, 2024 2:58 PM

Well, "Dykes on Bikes" come first in the Gay Pride Parade, but the gays should really come first in "GLB."

And yes, drop the T and everything else that follows in this ridiculous alphabet soup.

by Anonymousreply 53April 4, 2024 3:57 PM

I'm not even sure asexuals are asking for anything. I think various people have been dragooned into some mythical "lgbtq+++" coalition without really being asked. Is there any asexual out there asking for anything in particular at all? What law needs to be changed? What policy needs to be changed? What is the actual request?

by Anonymousreply 54April 4, 2024 4:05 PM

Why don't we just an "H" (for heteros) to the whole stupid alphabet soup. I mean--why not? At least heteros and gays have sexual orientation in common. Here are the new letters: "LGBH."

Whereas, "T" and those with gender dysmorphia need to create their own daisy chain of letters since they have nothing in common with gays.

by Anonymousreply 55April 4, 2024 4:12 PM

Drop the T and the Q. Jesus, I hate that fucking word "queer."

And "Questioning?" What is that--for 16-year olds who are confused?

by Anonymousreply 56April 4, 2024 4:14 PM

There are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender nonconforming people. Then there’s the WiFi password leftist cult.

by Anonymousreply 57April 4, 2024 4:17 PM

Sigh....just put A-Z- that should cover all the bases.

by Anonymousreply 58April 4, 2024 4:26 PM

The most unnecessary and out of place letter in that alphabet soup is the I for “intersex”. It is estimated that truly intersex people make up just 0.0018% of the population, or just under 6,000 people out of a U.S. population of 330,000,000.

by Anonymousreply 59April 4, 2024 4:27 PM

R4

Who decides who gets their own letter? Is there a vote taken? Is it a mail in vote?

This is what serious people worry about in 2024. Letters and flag colors.

by Anonymousreply 60April 4, 2024 4:38 PM

some activists and academics r60. I'm sure there are many, many people who have no idea they are part of some magical mystical "coalition."

by Anonymousreply 61April 4, 2024 4:44 PM

Also intersex people are not a separate sex. They are all male or female as the condition they have is sex specific which confirms a sex binary even more so. They are being used by trans activists as a shield.

by Anonymousreply 62April 4, 2024 5:05 PM

Let Jackie Beat explain it to you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 4, 2024 5:10 PM

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ1234567890+-

by Anonymousreply 64April 4, 2024 5:11 PM

R54 It's not about asking for anything. I see it as more of a 'pride' thing. Historically asexual people have either been criticised for not being interested in sex or have themselves felt as though they must be defective in some way for not experiencing sexual attraction to anyone.

With that in mind, I see no issue with adding it to a list of minorities if only to raise awareness that some people are asexual and if that's you it's perfectly natural and you don't need to beat yourself up about it.

by Anonymousreply 65April 4, 2024 7:00 PM

Great, add it to some "list of minorities." Fine with me. Do not care, really. And I definitely do not believe we are all part of some big "coalition," any more than nonbinaries, 2-spirit, furries, kinksters of various varieties, or anything else. There are gay rights, and they are worth fighting for. There is gay pride and it is worth fighting for against the centuries of hatred of us. But that doesn't mean we are all united with everybody that ever felt quirky or kinky or different.

by Anonymousreply 66April 4, 2024 7:12 PM

"B" is on very shaky ground. But definitely drop the T and everything else.

Sexual orientation is far different than gender dysmorphia. Bye dears. It's been nice knowing you.

by Anonymousreply 67April 4, 2024 9:07 PM

Intersex people typically say they want nothing to do with the alphabet soup. They are the most vocal about wanting to be left alone because their issues have nothing to do with being trans or being homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 68April 4, 2024 9:19 PM

[quote]But, let's be honest, 99% of people just say LGBT+ to cover it all.

I just stick with GAY. Every one gets that. They understand that covers gay men and woman. Bi people are part of that. Trans should have their own movement since most claim to be straight anyways and it's not about their sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 69April 4, 2024 11:37 PM

[bold] Behold the narcissism[/bold]. They demand we worship them. No thank you.

Trans Prisoner Day of Action and Solidarity - January 22nd

International Transgender Day of Visibility - March 31st

Transgender Asian American/Pacific Islander Week - Every last week of May

International Non-Binary People’s Day - July 14th

Transgender Flag Day - August 19th

Transgender History Month - August

International Pronouns Day - October 18th

Transgender Awareness Week - First two full weeks of November

Trans Youth Day - December 28th

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 5, 2024 1:13 AM

R52 "But gender identity / gender expression has very little in common with sexual orientation. Sure you can be trans and gay, lesbian or bi, but the majority are almost certainly heterosexual."

Peer reviewed research please, showing that the majority of male to female transexuals started as heterosexual men. Thanks, doll.

by Anonymousreply 71April 5, 2024 4:31 AM

Agreed. Less is more.

by Anonymousreply 72April 5, 2024 4:47 AM

Just say GAY!!

And that's it. Nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 73April 5, 2024 5:13 AM

Another example of the THEM Community fixing the "pride" flag. Our Rainbow Flag keeps shrinking and THEMs part keeps growing. The Tranz on social media find it offensive. Boycott.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 5, 2024 5:24 AM

Trans people are suffering from gender dysphoria a mental condition. Generally they are often narcissists who demand constant adulation.

Exactly which rights don't they have already? They have been given the free right to "trans" gay children!

by Anonymousreply 75April 5, 2024 6:24 AM

The gay pride rainbow flag is fine and pleasant to see. And it's a rainbow, which already includes everyone. We need to keep it.

The new flag is hideous. It's ugly and the colors don't match. And the new flag is not unifying but divides us all.

by Anonymousreply 76April 5, 2024 6:34 AM

[quote]The new flag is hideous. It's ugly and the colors don't match.

Which is how you can tell a gay man had nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 77April 5, 2024 7:10 AM

Gay Men’s Pride Flag

The Gay Men’s Pride Flag is another lesser known pride flag. It features different shades of green, blue, and purple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 5, 2024 8:01 AM

The standard pride flag is still more popular. It's not like it's been banned in favour of the other.

by Anonymousreply 79April 5, 2024 8:52 AM

R67

It’s not about who fucks who it’s about who has the larger numbers the most votes they get to decide.

B has the greater numbers by far there are so many more B than G or L.

B gets to decide what the flag will look like and the much smaller groups will have to go along or get their own fucking flag,

The majority rules and decides. Does anyone think that 2% or 7% of the population actually determines their own civil rights? The 98% or the 93% determine those rights.

by Anonymousreply 80April 5, 2024 10:11 AM

The alphabet soup is patently ridiculous, but I guess time just marches on. The acronyms don’t change my personal identity or life, so for me it’s just a “tsk tsk kids these days” and then go on about my business.

The thing that perplexes me the most is inclusion of Intersex. Isn’t that a physical medical condition? Like people born with some combination male and female sex organs? Why would they, most of whom presumably seek surgical correction, want to be lumped in with gays or bis or trans or whatever?

by Anonymousreply 81April 5, 2024 10:22 AM

Just say ‘gay and lesbian’ community.

by Anonymousreply 82April 5, 2024 10:39 AM

R81 They don’t. Same for asexual people.

by Anonymousreply 83April 5, 2024 11:51 AM

Why would any of us want to be grouped together as humans? We're all different!!

by Anonymousreply 84April 5, 2024 12:30 PM

I think it was Cory Doctorow who coined the term "enshittification" and boy does that word fit what's been done to the pride flag.

by Anonymousreply 85April 5, 2024 5:00 PM

Gay is sufficient for both male and female homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 86April 5, 2024 5:24 PM

Yep, and I refuse to drop the "gay" out of gay pride. Oh, I'm old, out of touch? No Honey, I just refuse to play your silly game with something we started, something you would not have without us.

by Anonymousreply 87April 7, 2024 8:01 AM

I remember back in college (early ‘80s) there was an issue with the campus Gay Student Union trying to encourage more daily engagement in its office. There was a large weekly meeting at various campus locations, but the regular office was open for walk-ins. You could hang out, socialize between classes. People started to complain eventually because there were the same students always there. Some nervous types would come in and then run out almost immediately. The GSU determined that the problem was with its name- it wasn’t inclusive enough.

They thought by changing the name to include lesbians, bisexuals, or trying to figure out how to include various races in the new name, that people would be more comfortable coming into the office and staying. I told them that they didn’t need a name change. They just needed to change their attitude. It didn’t matter what the sign would have said on the door, the office was usually full of prissy, insufferable, bitchy queens who would drive away anyone who wanted to participate.

It doesn’t matter what you call yourself, it matters how you treat the people you claim to represent.

by Anonymousreply 88April 7, 2024 8:37 AM

Honest question = It's fine for THEMs to call me a queer (a derogatory term)?. But I can't call them a she-male? Why not?

Trans versus the Feminists.

Trans versus the Conservatives.

Trans versus the biological women.

Trans versus the "queers" (gay men who recognize their toxicity to our cause).

Trans versus the girls sports who ban them.

Remove the corporate sponsorship and the Tranz Community has nothing but complaints and a long list of people getting very tired of men parading in dresses, demanding to be called a "woman".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 8, 2024 2:59 AM

"Transgender Ideology Isn't About Dignity. It's Warmed Over Misogyny"

-----And Money. Don't forget the $$$. Bud Light wrote a check to a man in a dress, who complains about Bud Light but [bold]CASHED their check[/bold]. Notice he doesn't ever talk about that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 8, 2024 3:18 AM

What about grey aces? Where’s that letter? Get some gray in the flag too.

by Anonymousreply 91April 8, 2024 4:49 AM

Haters! Who is representing masturbaters? We are legion.

by Anonymousreply 92April 8, 2024 5:36 AM

Sad news for Hollywood actresses. Tranz coming for their jobs next. The thems will not be denied. Enjoy your retirement Reese.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 8, 2024 5:44 AM

Ohio has had enough of the sports medals thievery and boys going into girls safe spaces like restrooms. What a sad day for biological men in dresses. But it's a great day for biological girls who play sports!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 8, 2024 7:30 AM

R89 I don't think it's "fine" for anyone to call you queer, especially if you've made it clear it makes you uncomfortable. I don't like that word myself as I associate it more with homophobia.

In my experience people mostly use it to refer to themselves - which I have no issue with - especially if they feel they're reclaiming the word and taking the sting out of it.

by Anonymousreply 95April 8, 2024 8:30 AM

R95

You can have an opinion on what words you prefer and what words personally trigger you. But you are not given the right to tell those you don’t approve using words and expressions you do approve of.

In the real world, the word what ever it is , is either ok or it’s not. We dont get to tell those we don’t like not to not use words we do like.

by Anonymousreply 96April 8, 2024 11:02 AM

Now here is something serious to worry abou nor labels.. Researchers have found that those born after 1965 have a 17% greater chance of accelerated aging. This accelerated aging problem appears to be getting worse over time.

For the youngsters here, who complain of no home to own, no career to bank on, no retirement for a soft landing, now growing old faster than expected.

by Anonymousreply 97April 9, 2024 7:28 PM

R96 Meanwhile back in the real world people will say what they like regardless.

by Anonymousreply 98April 9, 2024 8:09 PM

Can you provide a source, R97?

by Anonymousreply 99April 9, 2024 10:09 PM

Not R97 but here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 9, 2024 10:13 PM

An acronym is driving you into a tizzy, OP? Really, how fragile of a snowflake are you?

by Anonymousreply 101April 9, 2024 10:15 PM

2S is so cringey. It was made up in 1990. It needs to go the way of Latinx

by Anonymousreply 102April 9, 2024 10:16 PM

R100

Thanks.

So gen z with have 37 letters before it’s all,over, but they won’t care so much because they will be prematurely old and will no doubt much more likely to have cancer.

No one will give a shit about the GLBT++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ by then because they will have real,problem's to,worry about,

Old Old Old before their time.

by Anonymousreply 103April 10, 2024 9:48 AM

[quote] But activism is why they, as gay people, enjoy the equality they have today.

Oh so all activism is exactly the same. There is no difference between GMHC and the current trans activists? Jesus wept.

by Anonymousreply 104April 10, 2024 10:01 AM

Gays inc BLT+++ based on the latest Gallup are 7.2% of the US population. Anyone that knows even a little about math and % should understand where gay rights come from.

Thank the 93%. Simple math.

by Anonymousreply 105April 10, 2024 10:43 AM

Take back the T. We don't want it. Trans is not a sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 106April 13, 2024 3:08 AM

[QUOTE] An acronym is driving you into a tizzy, OP? Really, how fragile of a snowflake are you

Fuck off, Pro Trans Troll. You're on all the threads defending trans and other snowflakes.

by Anonymousreply 107April 13, 2024 3:10 AM

[bold]Tranz feud with everyone.[/bold]. Women. Hillbilly beer drinkers. Gays. Lesbians. Parents. Republicans. Straights. J.K. Rowling. Now they are going after Biden and Democrats (on twitter) for "not doing enough". [bold]They only love themselves.[/bold] Without corporate sponsorships and the LGBT+++ groups propping them up, they are just a bunch of unfuckable men in dresses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 13, 2024 5:47 AM

[bold]Dear Black Lives Matter Movement[/bold], YOUR organization is also getting filled with the Tranz Community elbowing their way in with a list of complaints. Now you know how the we feel. Signed, the Gay Community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 13, 2024 6:13 AM

[quote]An acronym is driving you into a tizzy, OP?

It's an initialism, not an acronym.

by Anonymousreply 110April 13, 2024 6:36 AM

On the GLAAD stage. [bold]"There is no LGBT without the T"[/bold]. Everyday the Tranz Community insults and marginalizes the gay men and lesbians who fought for equal rights. Tranz want to prance around in dresses and go into girls locker rooms. They want to tell biological parents how to raise their children with puberty blockers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 16, 2024 9:15 PM

LGBT, LGBT, LGBT!

by Anonymousreply 112April 16, 2024 9:20 PM

BR549

by Anonymousreply 113April 16, 2024 9:30 PM

[quote]2SLGBTQIA+

Why does 2S come before the LGB?

What does Two Spirit mean anyway?

by Anonymousreply 114April 16, 2024 11:23 PM

For r114…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 16, 2024 11:26 PM

[quote]Tranz feud with everyone.. Women. Hillbilly beer drinkers. Gays. Lesbians. Parents. Republicans. Straights. J.K. Rowling. Now they are going after Biden and Democrats (on twitter) for "not doing enough".

Today it's Dawn French, who has been friendly with noted genocide-wanter JK Rowling.

by Anonymousreply 116April 16, 2024 11:27 PM

I don't know why the go-to on here is to immediately call someone "elderly" for expressing annoyance with this issue. The biggest group to laugh and point at this nonsense is, believe it or not, Gen Z and millennials. Who do you think came up with "I identify as an apache helicopter?" Certainly not senior citizens.

We dump on Gen Z a lot here, but let's not make it seem like they're all behind this. A significant portion of them are actually becoming less supportive of the LGBT community as a whole. That should tell you something. The upcoming youth are becoming more homophobic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 16, 2024 11:32 PM

[quote]I don't know why the go-to on here is to immediately call someone "elderly" for expressing annoyance with this issue.

Someone tried that with me once and I replied, "You're a bigoted age-ist."

by Anonymousreply 118April 16, 2024 11:35 PM

When has Rowling spoke of genocide against the transgender community?

by Anonymousreply 119April 16, 2024 11:36 PM

[quote] Gays inc BLT+++ based on the latest Gallup are 7.2% of the US population. Anyone that knows even a little about math and % should understand where gay rights come from. Thank the 93%. Simple math.

So black people have American white people to thank for their rights. That’s what you mean.

by Anonymousreply 120April 16, 2024 11:54 PM

[quote]So black people have American white people to thank for their rights. That’s what you mean.

No, black people have Marsha P. Johnson to thank for their rights. She led the March on Selma.

by Anonymousreply 121April 17, 2024 12:01 AM

[quote]As for asexuals - they can just fuck off.

r52 Hey, guess what? Some LGBs are also asexual. I guarantee it was them who decided to include the A in the acronym. Straight asexuals wouldn't feel any connection whatsoever with the LGB community. It was probably gays, lesbians, and bisexuals who experience same-sex romantic attraction but still don't experience sexual attraction (and were further confused about their identity) that decided to include the A. In fact, it was probably gay men who are asexual. Because I'm sure there is nothing further isolating than coming out as a gay man, but then realizing you're also asexual and then being ostracized by other gay men within the community.

Straight asexuals, sure. They have nothing to do with the community. However, I've rethought my opinion on the A being included due to the existence if homo and biromantic asexuals within the community. If anything, the A should be a subcategory.

And frankly, most people don't think asexuality is even real and are insistent on pathologizing it and convincing asexuals that they're "mentally ill" or "sexually disordered." Sound familiar? It also doesn't help that the main people who publicly advocate for asexuality while claiming to be asexual themselves come off as...odd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 17, 2024 12:01 AM

R122 -- say again?

by Anonymousreply 123April 17, 2024 12:03 AM

r123 See? That right there is exactly what I'm talking about. You understood me perfectly well. Come on, now.

by Anonymousreply 124April 17, 2024 12:05 AM

Oh, ffs. Asexuals who experience romantic attraction are the reverse of people who only desire sex with others and not committed, romantic, relationships. There.

by Anonymousreply 125April 17, 2024 12:07 AM

Ironically and sadly, these ever-expanding labels are beginning to resemble product brand codes and serial numbers.

by Anonymousreply 126April 17, 2024 12:15 AM

Take back the T. Ban the Trans Troll.

by Anonymousreply 127April 17, 2024 12:16 AM

Traditionally, Native American two-spirit people were male, female, and sometimes intersexed individuals who combined activities of both men and women with traits unique to their status as two-spirit people. In most tribes, they were considered neither men nor women; they occupied a distinct, alternative gender status. In tribes where two-spirit males and females were referred to with the same term, this status amounted to a third gender. In other cases, two-spirit females were referred to with a distinct term and, therefore, constituted a fourth gender. Although there were important variations in two-spirit roles across North America, they shared some common traits:

**** Hmm. A mess, basically.

by Anonymousreply 128April 17, 2024 12:17 AM

The original acronym was about sexualities not gender and not people who don't experience any sexual attraction.

by Anonymousreply 129April 17, 2024 12:32 AM

I just use the term LGBT and I don't get worked up by any of it. I can only control what I say and do.

by Anonymousreply 130April 17, 2024 12:33 AM

"Ruth Hunt became Stonewall CEO in 2014, after promising a key group of lesbian members including Kate Harris that SW would remain LGB. SW then met with 700+ trans people and added the T, reneging on her pledge. Hunt refused to respond to lesbians’ concerns"............And now you know the rest of the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 17, 2024 12:34 AM

Ruth Hunt is a trans man by the looks of it

by Anonymousreply 132April 17, 2024 1:27 AM

The term 2 spirit was coined in 1990 and was applied to Native Americans but it wasn’t and still isn’t taken seriously by Native Americans (think Latinx).

by Anonymousreply 133April 17, 2024 8:09 AM

[quote]When has Rowling spoke of genocide against the transgender community?

Didn't you hear her state that "women menstruate"???

Literal genocide!

by Anonymousreply 134April 18, 2024 12:40 AM

LGB can stand alone and the others which are to do with gender or being sex repulsed can cluster together for another acronym.

by Anonymousreply 135April 18, 2024 9:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!