Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden restores threatened species protections dropped by Trump

Why are the right-wingers so cruel?

[quote]The Biden administration on Thursday restored rules to protect imperiled plants and animals that had been rolled back under Trump.

[quote]Among the changes announced, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will reinstate a decades-old regulation that mandates blanket protections for species newly classified as threatened. That means officials won't have to craft time-intensive plans to shield each individual species while protections are pending, as has been done recently with North American wolverines and alligator snapping turtles in the southeastern U.S. and spotted owls in California.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 29, 2024 10:09 PM

Oh look. Another Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2024 5:41 AM

Took you a full minute to write that, retard at r1. I assume you have no job of any kind?

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2024 5:43 AM

[bold]#iStandWithTheSpottedOwl

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2024 5:56 AM

Under Sleepy Joe we’ll be the threatened species if we keep importing violent illegal immigrants in by the boatload like dollar store merchandise.

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2024 6:19 AM

You don't tell me what to do, spotted owl! This is the land of the free!

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2024 6:21 AM

A few months before the election the second place candidate suddenly feels the need to play the protector of wildlife.

ps --- The Spotted Own extinction crisis was a public relation scam. After much was made about the necessity to stop logging over millions of acres of forest to save the owl, it was learned the primary danger was failing competition against a rival species of owl.

An experiment sanctioned by the USFWS investigated the suitability of protecting the spotted owl by controlling its competitor, the barred owl. Work began in 2009 by removing populations of barred owls in designated areas. The studies found that in the absence of barred owls, the population of spotted owls did not decline, and were able to bounce back.[28]

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2024 6:41 AM

I hope this gets extended to killing dogs in order to protect the species that are threatened by them 🙏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2024 8:02 AM

R7 wow, dog haters must be serious sociopaths and petty bourgeois fascists.

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2024 9:09 AM

R8 aren't you busy picking up after your dog's dirty ass 💩💩💩?

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2024 9:44 AM

Trump should be an endangered species.

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2024 9:48 AM

Good try but Biden is not happening. He should not be running. He is too old and decrepit and Kamala Harris is a clown.

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2024 9:57 AM

Your solution would be what r11? Are you the Newsom troll or one of many here who seem to want Donald to blast a jet of diarrhea directly down their throat?

by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2024 10:11 AM

There is immigration occurring so we should kill more polar bears.

by Anonymousreply 13March 29, 2024 10:19 AM

I am scared. Will Trump save us?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 29, 2024 10:30 AM

He saved us once. Remember what a blast 2020 was?

by Anonymousreply 15March 29, 2024 10:33 AM

I wish I knew, R12. I'm not the Newsome troll. Trump might win, and, no, I won't be voting for him. That Biden is the Democratic candidate is a travesty.

- R11

by Anonymousreply 16March 29, 2024 10:52 AM

R9 guess your ass is clean, because all shit remains on the dicks of the guys you are cumdumping for.

by Anonymousreply 17March 29, 2024 11:14 AM

The owls are not what they seem.

by Anonymousreply 18March 29, 2024 3:04 PM

Who the fuck is hanging out on DL lately?

Lots of absurd and crazy posts here.

I'm happy Biden is doing this. So there.

by Anonymousreply 19March 29, 2024 3:17 PM

[quote] Biden restores threatened species protections dropped by Trump

Genocide Joe wants industrial scale bird slaughter in the name of conservation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 29, 2024 5:09 PM

My great uncle is an influential Evangelical right winger. He explained to me many times when I was young why environmentalism and sympathy for animals is sinful. God created the environment and the animals to be dominated by man, they exist to serve the needs of man. Therefore, protecting animals or protecting the animals is an act of defiance against gods will. Environmentalists and animal lovers will all rot their teeth in hell and it'll be beautiful. According to him. I would therefore assume that tracks with what a lot of right wingers and jesus freaks believe.

by Anonymousreply 21March 29, 2024 5:13 PM

Damn, even from a Biblical perspective that seems so deeply fucked up r21. Even if you believe the nonsense of the garden of Eden and Noah's ark, caring for animals and not just killing them cause it's fun for your sick ass does seem to be part of the story.

Your great uncle sounds like a complete cunt, but you are probably right. He's not alone.

by Anonymousreply 22March 29, 2024 5:39 PM

This is why all the billionaires are starting to $upport Trump. Drill baby drill. And Biden's going to goo after their unpaid taxes if he gets a 2nd term.

by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2024 6:50 PM

In what universe are billionaires supporting Trump? Gates, Zuckerberg, Bezos, Buffet, Soros, Fink?

by Anonymousreply 24March 29, 2024 7:09 PM

R18 I know

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 29, 2024 8:10 PM

Good. Also, what evangelicals don't understand is that even if God gave man stewardship over the earth and animals it's never logical to destroy them for greed and selfishness. They think they're God would be happy they are destroying his planet?

by Anonymousreply 26March 29, 2024 8:29 PM

R6, aren't you tired of cleaning Trump's Asshole with your Tounge? Go back to Truth Social where someone gives a shit about what you say.

by Anonymousreply 27March 29, 2024 8:50 PM

Don't be alarmed, R19, the DL Whackjob Brigade decided to start their weekend activities a little earlier than usual. Weekends bring out the crazy on here.

by Anonymousreply 28March 29, 2024 9:06 PM

My view is that we should save a variety of owls, but if a particular owl species only differs from another owl species by having a few extra spots, then no, I don’t think we should go to extraordinary lengths to preserve it. It’s nature taking its course, even when humans are 100% responsible for a species’ demise. There are many species that thrive despite the existence of humans, so the species that are best able to adapt do survive.

by Anonymousreply 29March 29, 2024 9:52 PM

[quote] It’s nature taking its course

The spotted owl was used as the excuse for a significant campaign to shut down the Northwestern lumber industry so they could "preserve nature". It's worth the slaughter of billions of other birds to keep the scam running.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 29, 2024 10:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!