Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Danny Glover

I always felt Danny Glover was an underrated actor. He never receives the attention or awards of Morgan Freeman or James Earl Jones, but I think he is just as good.

Escape from Alcatraz, Places in the Heart, Witness, Silverado, The Color Purple, Lethal Weapon, Angels in the Outfield, The Rainmaker, Prince of Egypt, The Royal Tenenbaums, Saw, 2012, Dear Alice, The Last Black Man in San Francisco, an The Drummer.

He is also a major activist for civil rights, international policy, and economic reforms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 29, 2024 2:03 PM

A fun interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2024 2:08 AM

Here he is talking to Charlie about childhood literacy, another passion of his.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2024 2:09 AM

He is a wonderful treasure, I agree OP. I also always felt crazy conflicted watching The Color Purple as a kid because I thought he was HOT AS FUCK in it

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2024 2:10 AM

While I wish he would fuck me, he ruined Lonsome Dove. He was the Christ figure.

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2024 2:10 AM

On top of civil rights activism, international policy lectures, childhood literacy, and economic reforms, every year he host the International Philharmonic Orchestra Concert, a charity for young classical artists around the world to play in Carnegie Hall.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2024 2:15 AM

Favorite movie?

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2024 2:49 AM

He wants you to know he is too old for this shit.

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2024 3:01 AM

I would pay good money to have seen him naked when he was about 45.

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2024 3:04 AM

He IS Danny Glover!

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2024 3:15 AM

He comes off as intelligent and unpretentious

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2024 3:19 AM

He got screwed that his franchise was with Mel Gibson now that Mel has ruined his image

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2024 3:44 AM

Always thought he would be a good Clarence Thomas in a SCOTUS miniseries. He's too old now.

by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2024 4:05 AM

R11 I've only seen the first one. IT was really good

by Anonymousreply 13March 29, 2024 2:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!