Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Watch Highlights of London Cabaret, Featuring Cara Delevingne and Luke Treadaway

Cara Delevingne (Suicide Squad) began performances as Sally Bowles opposite Luke Treadaway (The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time) as The Emcee March 11.

Who knew Cara Delevingne could sing and act?

Watch the video...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2024 2:47 AM

"There are no words to explain the excitement I have to return home to make my stage debut in such an iconic role," said Delevingne in an earlier statement. "I am so inspired by the brilliant actors who have played Sally in past productions around the world and in this one in the West End. I cannot wait to be a part of this brilliant cast and production."

by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2024 10:02 PM

Looks awful. Looks like Pippin with costumes by John Galliano.

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2024 10:07 PM

She is pretty, seems very dramatic and appears to be touch with her emotions. Not shocking she can act.

If she was getting a PhD in physics, that would surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2024 10:10 PM

Sally Bowles is one of the most demanding roles for a female in musical theatre. She's the center of the entire show. And Delevingne is making her stage debut in Cabaret?

I wonder what the critics have to say?

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2024 10:25 PM

It’s an excellent, exciting production. I saw it in December with Jake Shears and was blown away. One of my big shock moments was the Emcee’s costume during “Money” which I thought was genius. I have tickets for Broadway in April and am very curious to see how they are going to replicate the very specific mood of the London theater (a traditional proscenium is not going to work in this).

This production feels more built around the Emcee than Sally.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2024 1:29 AM

Good casting. Cara strikes me as being very similar to Sally.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2024 2:44 AM

It's a bit jarring with the more Cirque type costumes.

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2024 2:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!