Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bob’s Burgers horrible characters

I like Bob’s Burgers. I have been recovering from an ill for two weeks, and I have watching it all the time. But there are three characters that turn me off so much I think they ultimately ruin the show. One is Louise. She is 9 but acts like 20. She is greedy, mean, nasty to her mother, and her siblings. If she is not in charge she takes over. She will do anything for money, and never gets punished. She is the kind of child a real adult would slap down hard, or other children would beat up. And when confronted complains that she is 9. No one ever puts her in place, tells her to shut up, or scares the bullshit out her. She and Teddy- who is a dangerously stupid man who shouldn’t be allowed near children or Bob, are given far too much power. Teddy should be in jail. But neither one of them are as bad as Linda. She is a bad mother who never completely aware of what her children are doing. She wants to be a good mother but gives advice you wouldn’t give a fish. What’s worst is she likes things that are considered tacky,or dangerous. She will interfere at the wrong time, and doesn’t grasp the real world consequences, but reflect her own selfish needs.

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2024 11:55 PM

Honey, we worry.

by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2024 9:49 PM

Gayle is the worst. Easily.

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2024 9:52 PM

Teddy is definitely creepy. Why is he so invested in this family?

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2024 9:53 PM

I hate Teddy. I'll avoid any episode where his is the main plot. One of these days, he's going to snap, kill Bob, and keep Linda in the basement as a sex slave.

But to be fair, none of the characters are particularly likable. Tina is a stalker, Gene is unnaturally obsessed with his mother, and Louise is a sociopath.

I know Mr Frond is supposed to be the "villain" (especially for Louise), but he's the character I feel the most sorry for.

Regular-Size Rudy is the best.

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2024 10:10 PM

I love all these characters and this is a bad thread that Muriel should nuke immediately.

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2024 10:32 PM

Linda is hilarious! She’s the one I quote most.

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2024 10:57 PM

What? Gayle is my favorite! Why does Gene shout everything? He's so obnoxious.

Bob is just too cute. I love the little references to his possible bisexuality.

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2024 11:47 PM

Flatulent mean girl Tammy is my favorite horrible Bob’s Burgers character (and brilliantly voiced by Jenny Slate.)

by Anonymousreply 8March 28, 2024 11:54 PM

I hate the whole show, and everyone involved in this production should be taken out back and shot.

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2024 11:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!