Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL favorite Anne Baxter on Columbo

This is from "Requiem for a Falling Star". She played the murderer

This is the arrest scene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2024 7:20 PM

Edie, bring me the ombre chiffon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2024 3:23 PM

Baxter would have recently completed replacing Bacall on Broadway in Applause.

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2024 3:25 PM

Bitch stole my act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2024 3:32 PM

With Baxter it was all about the ellipses.

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2024 3:42 PM

Annie was Drag Queen impersonator.

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2024 3:46 PM

Great speaking voice. Great eyes. Actually thought her best moment was when she underplayed talking about her husband. Too bad she didn’t get more moments like that. So mannered. Too grand. Too much a mid Atlantic lady. Artifice.

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2024 4:05 PM

Miss Baxter was to architecture what Frank Lloyd Wright was to acting.

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2024 4:08 PM

"Oh, Frank, Frank, you stubborn, splendid, adorable fool!"

by Anonymousreply 8March 28, 2024 4:35 PM

I loved this episode.

Miss Baxter’s makeup, hair and wardrobe were fabulous!

FYI - I know how that sounded but I’m a senior frau who only comments on topics like this and the Mango Moron.

Anyway, I was a teen when this first aired and I wanted to look and dress just like Anne when I grew up.

Yeah well, we can’t reach every goal.

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2024 4:58 PM

Anne Baxter - This Is Your Life - 1973

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2024 5:13 PM

She could have totally camped this up but didn't.

by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2024 5:45 PM

I thought she was heading into camp territory but she settled down as the clip went on. I like her better in this than in All About Eve.

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2024 6:11 PM

Baxter turned down playing Mr. Spock’s mother on Star Trek to play a villain on Batman. Jane Wyatt got the gig.

by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2024 7:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!