Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LIFE Magazine is coming back to life

Add 'Life' Magazine to the growing list of defunct magazines getting a new lease on life ('Playgirl' included)...

More than two decades after it was shuttered by Time Inc., Life magazine will be revived.

Bedford Media, the holding company founded by model and entrepreneur Karlie Kloss and her husband, investor Josh Kushner, has acquired the publishing rights to Life from Dotdash Meredith.

Bedford says that Life will be relaunched as a print magazine, with “vibrant” digital and video presence.

“We see Life as an uplifting and unifying voice in a chaotic media landscape,” said Kloss in a statement. “While Bedford is a new media company, we are deeply inspired by Life’s iconic legacy and ability to connect diverse audiences with universal narratives of humanity.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 29, 2024 5:43 AM

Their money could be better spent elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2024 3:26 PM

I'm wondering if the Kushner's need a tax write-off, so they are investing this as a business loss ?

Wonder how many covers Trump will have ?

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2024 4:48 PM

Bring back Playgirl.

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2024 7:43 PM

Next up? Look, Collier's, or the Ladies Home Journal?

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2024 8:20 PM

Saturday Evening Post

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2024 8:24 PM

I used to enjoy Premiere magazine.

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2024 8:29 PM

I can't wait to restart my subscription to Black Inches.

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2024 8:33 PM

Highlights magazine

by Anonymousreply 8March 28, 2024 8:34 PM

Mandate

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2024 8:35 PM

R7, me too!

by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2024 8:36 PM

[quote]Bedford Media, the holding company founded by model and entrepreneur Karlie Kloss and her husband, investor Josh Kushner, has acquired the publishing rights to Life from Dotdash Meredith.

Praying for Playgirl-style centerfold with Josh Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2024 8:42 PM

What about my ass spread?

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2024 9:11 PM

R8, But, at least six months old.

by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2024 9:44 PM

Jared will be the first centerfold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 28, 2024 9:46 PM

R3 PLAYGIRL is back - in digital form and in physical form (as of last November).

by Anonymousreply 15March 28, 2024 10:49 PM

Oh good! Now they can restore the original lyric to "The Ladies Who Lunch" that has these ladies "clutching a copy of Life." They had to change it to "a copy of Time" in the most recent Broadway revival.

by Anonymousreply 16March 29, 2024 3:58 AM

It’s cool that in a way “LIFE” in print never completely left, eg after ceasing weekly publication in 1972 it began launching iconic special-subject collectible occasional issues even through today, not to mention its monthly publish incarnation that returned for many years starting in 1978. Here’s to…”LIFE”! :)

by Anonymousreply 17March 29, 2024 4:07 AM

The stench of maga in the air

by Anonymousreply 18March 29, 2024 4:58 AM

Life’s had more resurrections than Dracula.

by Anonymousreply 19March 29, 2024 5:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!