Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

France to sue teen for falsely accusing school head in headscarf row

DL fave Attal is done fucking around. Good luck to the little girl, getting sued by France itself. Hopefully this will deter more of this nonsense in the future.

[quote]France's prime minister says a teenage girl will be sued by the state for falsely accusing her headteacher of striking her in a heated exchange over her wearing an Islamic head-covering. Officers found no evidence that the headteacher had struck the girl, and now Prime Minister Gabriel Attal has stepped in to say she is to be taken to court for making false allegations.

[quote]"The state... will always stand with these officials, those who are on the frontline faced with these breaches of secularism, these attempts of Islamist entryism in our education establishments," he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 28, 2024 3:28 PM

Vive la France!

by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2024 12:36 PM

Yes, I’m sure France’s court system should be clogged up by lying teenage girls.

By the way, how is their farmer and food production system going? Been solved yet?

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2024 12:42 PM

[quote]Yes, I’m sure France’s court system should be clogged up by lying teenage girls.

You say that like this is some complex tax evasion trial. She lied on the official report, which resulted in the headteacher getting death threats and resigning. They can wrap this up in a week.

[quote]By the way, how is their farmer and food production system going? Been solved yet?

What a bizarre (possibly Russian?) thing to say. The whole of Europe is dependent on EU farming subsidies, with France being no exception. Why are you so invested in their food supply, anyway? Also, you don't think the vast government apparatus can occupy itself with more than one issue at a time? And what's more important than the security of their citizens, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2024 12:49 PM

Teachers have a FUCKTON of authority in France. Parents aren't allowed in the classroom, and French people I know tell me horror stories. Sounds like this little cunt was trying to ride that wave and wiped out.

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2024 1:47 PM

Typical 🕌

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2024 1:57 PM

R3, you're mostly correct, except it's the Ukrainians who are attacking and undermining the EU's farming system and the US has one of the worst systems of farm subsidies in the world, which support their farmers to produce garbage.

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2024 2:01 PM

They're not attacking and undermining anything, they're taking advantage of the privilege *temporarily* granted to them by the EU so they don't starve to death. You know, because they're at fucking war for their existence. But this arrangement obviously won't last forever.

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2024 2:05 PM

R7 they’re all getting thousands a month in assistance. Oh please

by Anonymousreply 8March 28, 2024 2:09 PM

While I think false allegations should be severely punished, I also think you need to prove the allegation is false - and proving the negative of something is technically impossible.

You can "prove" the headmaster struck the girl, but it would be extremely difficult to prove he didn't do something.

Just because they found no evidence he struck the girl, doesn't mean he did or didn't strike her. No evidence of guilt is not proof of innocence.

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2024 2:09 PM

r8 Ukraine with a collapsed farming sector (and the rest of their economy after that) would lead to famine and a humanitarian disaster of epic proportions on Europe's doorstep, leading to an even worse refugee crisis. So of course they're getting monthly assistance to get by. But no one over there is living in luxury like your spoiled ass, mouthing off bullshit because he has too much spare time on his hands.

The only ones I hear bitching about Ukraine's farming imports these days are the Russian bots, no one else gives a shit. Russia has figured out just how easy it is to whip a couple hundred European farmers into a frenzy, so they bring their tractors into their respective capitals and cause havoc. So maybe stop parroting the Kremlin talking points, deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2024 2:16 PM

France, the land of protecting pedophiles, celebrating black criminals, and surrendering to the Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2024 2:19 PM

[quote]While I think false allegations should be severely punished, I also think you need to prove the allegation is false - and proving the negative of something is technically impossible.

So if I'm accused of theft, the burden should be on me to prove I *didn't* steal something? That's not how it works. Presumably there was a third party in the room when the headteacher spoke to the pupil, as is standard practice. The authorities wouldn't press the case if they didn't have an eyewitness account or two.

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2024 2:20 PM

MAGAT at R11

by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2024 2:24 PM

[quote]No evidence of guilt is not proof of innocence.

And yet that's exactly how the justice system works – someone is found guilty only when there is a preponderance of evidence demonstrating their guilt. Otherwise, they're considered innocent. You personally are still free to malign them after that, though you might get sued for defamation.

Did you just land on our planet yesterday?

by Anonymousreply 14March 28, 2024 2:25 PM

There's some asshole poster who thinks Europe is an emerging islamist paradise and takes every opportunity to say so. It's been going on for a very, very long time. Most of these countries have tiny percentages — less than 10% in most cases — that are highly concentrated in urban areas and very visible. There's assimilation problems for sure, but it's not like it's the Islamic occupation of Spain or something. People need to fucking chill. There's been a massive Turkish population in Germany since forever and it hasn't Islamic-cized the place.

by Anonymousreply 15March 28, 2024 2:29 PM

Must be why so many Polish farmers are up in arms about them then and the EU is partially restoring its regulations on non-EU products from Ukraine, which don't even comply with EU food standards, r7 and r10. And they're not starving - they have so much excess wheat and other produce, they're trying to dump them on the EU.

And, in order to try to get EU farmers on their side, the Ukrainians are offering to help them overturn the EU's Green Deal!

[quote]Two years into the conflict, EU farmers complain they are being undercut by cheaper imports from Ukrainian producers who are not bound by stricter EU rules—for example, on animal welfare—with the issue fuelling angry protests across the bloc.

[quote]Farmers’ discontent

[quote]Polish farmers have been blocking checkpoints with Ukraine in anger at imports from their war-torn neighbour, and this week expanded their protests to the western border with Germany.

[quote]The European Commission previously proposed extending tariff-free entry for another year from June—but with “safeguards” to stop imports driving down the price of eggs, poultry and sugar.

[quote]For those products, an “emergency brake” would be used to stop imports rising beyond the average volumes of 2022 and 2023.

[quote]Member states signed off on that proposal last month, but the EU parliament subsequently called for grain and honey to be added to the list of capped products, triggering a new round of negotiations.

[quote]The revised proposal also extended the reference period by a year, from 2021 to 2023.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 28, 2024 2:31 PM

R15 from the article: “In a separate development, several Paris schools were forced to close on Wednesday after they received bomb threats from apparent Islamists. Last week around 30 other schools in the Paris area received similar threats, accompanied by a video of a beheading.”

In addition, One of the few surveys allowed in recent years discovered that 99 out of 112 gang rapists in Sweden had a foreign background.  But again, you weren’t meant to mention that. “So you’re saying all immigrants are rapists, are you?” was the sort of shout-down that went on.  And while nobody was supposed to talk about that, of course, plenty of people couldn’t help noticing that the rise in sexual assaults seemed to correlate very closely with the sudden arrival of tens of thousands of unaccompanied men. Men who often said they were fleeing war zones, but seemed to have left their families back home.

Does that help you get the picture at all?

by Anonymousreply 17March 28, 2024 2:43 PM

I'm in the picture, asshole, and you distort it.

by Anonymousreply 18March 28, 2024 2:45 PM

In France farming & headscarf fabrications are controlled by the same department, so yeah. Take that comparison and run w it.

by Anonymousreply 19March 28, 2024 2:50 PM

I'll give Mike Pence credit for one thing, and that is to never be alone in a room with a woman. Not because they are seductive temptresses but because they will make shit up to try to destroy you.

by Anonymousreply 20March 28, 2024 3:08 PM

R20 I’m fully gay and even I have had 3 women in my life make false accusations against me, from an alleged unwanted kiss that never happened to one who literally said I raped her (only to rescind it after people were like “umm honey, no, I’m pretty sure he’s gay!”), this was before I was out. They looked like idiots after I came out.

by Anonymousreply 21March 28, 2024 3:12 PM

It's political theater. France's government is chasing right-wing votes. Remember when Macron went out of his way to defend Gérard Depardieu after he was accused (yet again) of sexual assault?

by Anonymousreply 22March 28, 2024 3:16 PM

[quote]So if I'm accused of theft, the burden should be on me to prove I *didn't* steal something? That's not how it works. Presumably there was a third party in the room when the headteacher spoke to the pupil, as is standard practice. The authorities wouldn't press the case if they didn't have an eyewitness account or two.

Don't be idiotic.

As with all cases, you'd have to prove she MADE a false accusation - which, as I noted, would essentially require that they prove he didn't strike her - which would be extremely difficult.

Innocent until proven guilty - a person would be innocent of making a false accusation until proven guilty.

This is different from other criminal acts which don't have this type of negation to prove the allegation.

by Anonymousreply 23March 28, 2024 3:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!