Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Britney Spears says she’s ‘having a hard time understanding English

The woman in her is now Xila.

Britney Spears, 42, posted a long-winded summary of her recent beach vacation to Instagram Wednesday in which she bizarrely claimed she’s having trouble understanding her native language — something that happened when she changed her name on social media.

“Since I changed my name to XILA I actually am having a hard time understanding English,” she wrote.

While Spears’ Instagram handle remains @BritneySpears, the name on her account reads Xila Maria River Red. She added “Xila” in front of her Instagram moniker in February with no explanation.

In July, Spears changed her name on the social media site to Maria River Red — again giving no reason.

Some fans wondered if Spears could be releasing music under the new name, but she crushed fans’ dreams in January, claiming that she “will never return to the music industry.”

Spears did claim, however that she enjoys her work as a ghostwriter, writing tunes for other artists.

The Post has contacted a rep for Spears for comment.

Elsewhere in Wednesday’s post, the “Gimme More” songstress, whose behavior on Instagram has continued to concern fans even after the end of her 13-year conservatorship in 2021, also claimed she wants to open up about her struggles but says they’re “too offensive to share.”

“There are a lot of other things that happened on this trip that I’m not sharing as well,” she wrote about her recent days in the sun. “Nothing is what it seems sometimes!!! I portray that everything is completely perfect but trust me I’ve been through it as well and I would share those struggles but they are too offensive to share.

“It would make other people extremely sad and honestly there’s not a damn thing I can do about it,” Spears concluded. “So just know my life is not as perfect as it seems … and remember my beautiful friends you’re not alone.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 28, 2024 10:59 PM

What’s the over / under on actual brain damage?

by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2024 8:10 AM

This woman needs help. Stat.

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2024 8:14 AM

R2 it’s almost as if she needed a conservatorship.

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2024 1:58 PM

[quote] So just know my life is not as perfect as it seems

Ummm . . .

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2024 2:01 PM

"Free Britney"

Yeah, how is that working out?

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2024 2:01 PM

Intellectual capacity of a toddler? That’s like reading something a 4 year old would write.

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2024 2:06 PM

She's schizophrenic.

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2024 2:13 PM

I wonder whether she's always been like this or whether whatever condition she has is getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 8March 28, 2024 2:14 PM

The Free Britney idiots should take a look at what they have done.

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2024 2:16 PM

The conservatorship saved her life. Her psycho fans refuse to accept the fact that she is of low intellectual ability (no she is not secretly a "genius"; in fact the opposite) and that her mental health conditions are much more severe than what is known to the public.

by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2024 2:17 PM

R10 and the alleged POZ puss.

by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2024 2:18 PM

Yeah we can all tell Britney

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2024 2:21 PM

How was she ever able to raise her two sons?

That must have been so weird for them to have a mother who's completely insane.

by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2024 3:50 PM

I wonder if she has early onset dementia along with drug abuse/self medication issues.

by Anonymousreply 14March 28, 2024 3:52 PM

Schizophrenia? Must be bad if she chased off that gold digger.

by Anonymousreply 15March 28, 2024 4:05 PM

The author of that article has a hard time writing in English.

"posted a long-winded summary of her recent beach vacation to Instagram"

by Anonymousreply 16March 28, 2024 4:10 PM

This is how Emma Stone found a role model to act like Bella in Poor Things.

by Anonymousreply 17March 28, 2024 4:46 PM

Maybe her sense of humor is just really wild?

by Anonymousreply 18March 28, 2024 4:57 PM

Life goes on 💃 Stay strong 💪 I am the champion 🏆 of my life. What really works for me is the meds 💊.

by Anonymousreply 19March 28, 2024 5:00 PM

You can get a person help without robbing them of their legal personhood. It's a pretty piss-poor world where a corporation is allowed to be a person, but a human being is not. Stop it with this "she needs conservator" bullshit. The legal system was misused in her case.

by Anonymousreply 20March 28, 2024 8:49 PM

R18 My first thought was she's taking the piss out of Ee-LAH-ria.

by Anonymousreply 21March 28, 2024 9:08 PM

get up Britney we luv u

by Anonymousreply 22March 28, 2024 9:46 PM

[quote]a long-winded summary of her recent beach vacation

Vacation from WHAT?

by Anonymousreply 23March 28, 2024 10:16 PM

FF R20

by Anonymousreply 24March 28, 2024 10:53 PM

[quote]How was she ever able to raise her two sons?

She didn't raise them. She lost custody early on because a judge determined she was mentally insane and unfit.

by Anonymousreply 25March 28, 2024 10:57 PM

[quote] The woman in her is now Xila.

[quote] “Since I changed my name to XILA I actually am having a hard time understanding English,” she wrote.

Maybe she's possessed by a demon.

by Anonymousreply 26March 28, 2024 10:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!