Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shakira Performs Surprise Concert for over 40,000 Fans in N.Y.C.'s Times Square

Shakira took over the Big Apple!

On Tuesday, the Colombian superstar, 47, performed a surprise free concert on Times Square's TSX Stage in New York City and drew more than 40,000 fans — the biggest crowd the area's ever seen, even during New Year's Eve celebrations.

Fresh off the release of her new album, Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran, Shakira delivered a setlist including its tracks "Te Felicito," "TQG," Cómo Dónde y Cuándo," "Puntería" and "BZRP Music Sessions #53" as well as her signature hit, "Hips Don't Lie."

For the performance, Shakira was joined by dancers and executed impressive choreography and even played electric guitar for a song. "Thank you all for being here for me," she told the crowd at one point in the set. "It means a lot."

The "She Wolf" singer has been quite busy since releasing Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran last week, having released music videos for both album tracks "(Entre Paréntesis)" with Grupo Frontera as well as "Puntería" with Cardi B.

During an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon earlier this week, Shakira opened up about feeling "free" to make the new album — which marks her first in 7 years, following her 2022 breakup from ex-partner Gerard Piqué. (They share sons Milan, 11, and Sasha, 9.)

"I've been putting out music here and there, but it was really hard for me to put together a body of work," said the Grammy winner.

"I didn't have time. It was the husband-factor. Now I'm husband-less. Yeah, the husband was dragging me down. Now I'm free. Now I can actually work," continued Shakira, who was never legally married to Piqué during their time together.

She explained that her new album's title translates to "Women no longer cry" in English, adding to Fallon, "It's men's turn now. For too long we have been sent to cry with a script in our hands and without an end just because we are women. We have to conceal our pain in front of our kids, in front of society."

"We have to heal in a certain way. And I don't think anyone is supposed to tell us how to heal. No one is supposed to tell a She-wolf how to lick her wounds," added Shakira.

Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran marks the hitmaker's 12th studio album release, following 2017's El Dorado.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2024 7:22 AM

Wow, that looks very cool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2024 5:27 AM

Attention whore went menopausal and needs attention, again.

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2024 5:34 AM

I'm shocked that she can still attract 40,000 people.

Even to a free concert.

The only song of hers that I know of, is "Hips Don't Lie."

I couldn't tell you what else she sings.

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2024 5:38 AM

I don’t know her.

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2024 5:41 AM

Her hair, clothes and make-up all look like something from twenty years ago.

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2024 5:43 AM

Those weren't fans in Times Square. They were unhoused migrants making their way from the Port Authority over to the Roosevelt Hotel to be processed.

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2024 5:46 AM

Don't tell me that creature is still hanging around.

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2024 7:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!