Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Judge recommends ex-Trump election lawyer John Eastman be disbarred

An attorney discipline judge in California has recommended that ex-Trump election lawyer John Eastman be disbarred, according to an opinion released on Wednesday.

Eastman will lose his ability to practice law within days, because the court’s decision involuntarily revokes his license, according to the opinion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2024 12:28 PM

Judge Yvette Roland’s opinion comes after a lengthy trial about Eastman’s actions as he led some of the efforts for Donald Trump to challenge his 2020 election loss. The opinion serves as a recommendation to the California Supreme Court, which will ultimately decide whether to endorse or reject the punishment. Eastman will have the opportunity to appeal Roland’s ruling.

“Eastman failed to uphold his primary duty of honesty and breached his ethical obligations by presenting falsehoods to bolster his legal arguments,” Roland wrote.

“In sum, Eastman exhibited gross negligence by making false statements about the 2020 election without conducting any meaningful investigation or verification of the information he was relying upon,” she wrote.

by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2024 5:13 AM

🎶 But my dreams, they aren't empty, as my conscience seems to be 🎶

🎶 I have hours only lonely, my love is vengeance that's never freed 🎶

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2024 5:47 AM

He's a bald faced liar willing to do and say anything to overturn the rightful election results. This was the right decision.

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2024 6:58 AM

Giuliani, Navarro, Manafort, Weisselberg, Bannon and so many other (Jan. 6th)... destroyed due to their loyalty to Turd.

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2024 7:05 AM

Hey Eastman...still think crawling into Trump's asshole was worth it?

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2024 7:54 AM

I hope he and that trash heap Rosen off themselves. The world would be a better place. The video of hime barking fifth at every question during his deposition makes me want to rip his head off. Traitor.

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2024 8:19 AM

Everything Trump Touches Dies, Part 734. GOP beware. This is your future unless you turn on him and side with Democracy and America.

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2024 12:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!