Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ariana DeBose Will Host the 2024 Tony Awards

The Oscar winner will do the thing—for the third time.

Stage and screen star Ariana DeBose will return to host the 2024 Tony Awards, set to be held June 16 at Lincoln Center's David H. Koch Theater. As with last year's Tonys, the 77th annual ceremony will be broadcast in two parts, with The Tony Awards: Act One presented on free streamer Pluto TV in partnership with CBS and The 77th Annual Tony Awards following on CBS and streaming via Paramount+. Nominations will be announced April 30.

The gig will mark DeBose's third consecutive time hosting the Broadway's top honors, placing her in an esteemed list of other three-time Tony hosts that include Julie Andrews, Bud Collyer, Rosie O'Donnell, and James Sauter. DeBose's record will only be bested by four-time hosts Neil Patrick Harris, Hugh Jackman, Nathan Lane, and Robert Preston; and reigning champion five-time host, Angela Lansbury.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2024 12:09 PM

“I couldn’t pass up the chance to host the Tonys one more time at Lincoln Center," says DeBose in a statement. "I’m excited to collaborate with the team to create an incredible celebration of this season’s achievements on Broadway for our community and for everyone at home."

by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2024 1:00 AM

I guess Julie Benko turned the hosting job down.

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2024 1:55 AM

Who is James Sauter? I have never heard of him, and Googling didn't help me.

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2024 1:58 AM

She must offer a generous discount.

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2024 2:02 AM

The Tonys really are over.

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2024 4:00 AM

Don't tell me the Tony's are over cuz I just got here!

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2024 12:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!