Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What celebrities have you interacted with on social media?

I had positive interactions with Dana Delany (we discussed classic movies), Christy Turlington, and Michael Ian Black. Patton Oswalt chatted with me about books on Facebook a few years back. John Wesley Shipp liked one of my posts, which made me giddy because I've had a crush on him for years.

On the negative side, I got in a twitter fight with Chris Cuomo. Long story.

Elon Musk liked one of my tweets....but it was a tweet making fun of him. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 71March 31, 2024 4:51 PM

Good for you Chris is a dirtbag.

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2024 10:59 PM

Heather Thomas and I tweet back and forth frequently. She is incredibly smart, hilarious, and is an rabid anti-Trumper. I love her.

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2024 11:01 PM

Faye Dunaway when she first joined Twitted years ago...

She liked that I asked about Eyes of Laura Mars and complimented her performance.

Most recently, I posted a tweet to Survivor's Penner about Abbie Maria not being that season's villain but rather it was pedo/fraudster Skupin.

He forwarded it to her and she sent me a DM back laughing about how I hit the nail right on the head. She also retweeted it for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2024 11:09 PM

Lydia Cornell and I correspond on Twitter. She's a sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2024 11:32 PM

I follow Lydia Cornell. Love her!

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2024 11:41 PM

Betty Buckley

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2024 12:01 AM

R6, what was she like?

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2024 12:53 AM

Super old but I was MySpace friends with most of The Office (American) cast very early on in the run and they were a blast - very engaging and really surprised/pleased by the show’s success. Also, Michael Hitchcock (of Blaine, Missoura) was a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 8March 28, 2024 1:01 AM

I tweeted to Dawson that I always dreamed of being his 51st load and he responded with a 💦. That was a good day

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2024 1:06 AM

OP, I'd like to hear the long story!

by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2024 1:19 AM

Jim O’ Heir on Facebook. Very nice. Funny, too.

by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2024 1:44 AM

Maurice Benard from GH and I have traded a few jokes through twitter a few times.

One of the Doors (John Densmore, the drummer) liked one of my tweets.

That's about it lol I am rarely on sm anyway and when I am, I dont make it a habit to take to celebrities (the ones I like usually dont do sm either)

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2024 1:51 AM

I miss old twitter. I had to drop it when they let that asshat back on it. And now that other fuckface owns it. I just can't. But I loved all the politics, the figure skating news and the really funny posters.

by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2024 2:16 AM

Country singer George Jones on Grindr around 2012.

by Anonymousreply 14March 28, 2024 2:30 AM

Jenna Lyons and Lisa Barlow. Both are EXACTLY like you see on TV. Very engaged and lovely to chat with.

by Anonymousreply 15March 28, 2024 2:33 AM

Belinda Carlisle commented on one of my instagram photos. Amanda Lear and the French singer Sheila both liked one of my posts, as did Rosalie Varda, daughter of Agnès Varda

by Anonymousreply 16March 28, 2024 2:34 AM

Patrick Stewart DMed me a photograph of his anus

by Anonymousreply 17March 28, 2024 2:35 AM

Gangsta Boo...I recommended a dealer in Memphis where she could buy some pure, fentanyl free coke,

by Anonymousreply 18March 28, 2024 2:48 AM

It would be a stretch to call her a celeb, but Deborah Reed from the shittastic cult classic Troll 2 was super nice to all of her fans. When I contacted her on FB she was intrigued by the letter "Ž" in my name and wanted to know how it is pronounced. Sadly she passed away from cancer a few months ago. RIP, Queen of Nilbog

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 28, 2024 2:52 AM

Chris Kattan blocked me on Twitter. I don't exactly remember why but he was posting something douchey, and I made some snarky comment.

When Jennifer Coolidge was still on 2 Broke Girls, we exchanged a few twitter comments back and forth. She was quite hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 20March 28, 2024 2:58 AM

I got into a Twitter fight with William Shatner. I’m social media friends with Rose McGowan and Jay Bakker (Tammy Faye’s son) and talk to them both regularly.

by Anonymousreply 21March 28, 2024 3:04 AM

Trevor Donovan liked one of my comments on his Facebook page. I immediately masturbated.

by Anonymousreply 22March 28, 2024 3:08 AM

No one anyone mainstream would know. I am friendly with Tairrie B and Jessika Adams in chats for years and was previously friendly with Mayte Garcia.

by Anonymousreply 23March 28, 2024 3:10 AM

Zachary Quinto tweeted something about Truvada for PrEP, saying that gays shouldn't use it or something like that. I don't remember exactly what he said but I remember I thought it was ignorant. I called him out for being uninformed. He shot back saying he was perfectly informed. He was defensive and snippy.

by Anonymousreply 24March 28, 2024 3:11 AM

R8, are you in the entertainment biz?

by Anonymousreply 25March 28, 2024 3:17 AM

Alec Sulkin (The Sulk) was my very first Twitter follower because he saw I had zero followers. We chatted at one point about Deadwood, cats, take out and a joke my mom made.

by Anonymousreply 26March 28, 2024 3:21 AM

I got into it with Chris Cuomo too, back in 2016. I cannot stand that shitheel. I've interacted with John Dean. He's a cool guy. Rachel Bitcoffer once "liked" something I said. Ken Dilanian blocked me because I called him an ass.

by Anonymousreply 27March 28, 2024 3:22 AM

Years ago a roommate said Ellen followed her. Like it was a personal thing.

by Anonymousreply 28March 28, 2024 3:38 AM

[quote] Trevor Donovan liked one of my comments on his Facebook page. I immediately masturbated.

I've messaged with Trevor Donovan about dogs, a pet cause of his (pun intended). He is very nice and kind based on his messages. I did not ask about his sexuality or relationships. I did not immediately masturbate.

I've also messaged with Randy Wayne, actor and producer, who runs a production company in Oklahoma. See picture below. He's very forthright and open and shared insights into show business. I'm not in show business at all, so I appreciated that he was open to a civilian like me. I've read he's a conservative, and can see that based on the nature of his messages, but again he was decent and forthright.

There was some minor actor who blocked me. I can't even remember his name, and I don't think I'd ever heard of him until there was a post or thread about him on DL. I Googled him, and found his account, and saw I was blocked. Funny thing is I never post anything on social media, so don't know why I was blocked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 28, 2024 3:59 AM

r29, that guy has crazy eyes

by Anonymousreply 30March 28, 2024 4:02 AM

[quote] that guy has crazy eyes

Perhaps, but he was very cute when younger (see pic at right linked below). The picture on the left below is him more recently. He's thickened since his twink days. He married to a woman and has a daughter now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 28, 2024 4:06 AM

I've had a few of my favorite musicians like a comment I made - namely Alison Moyet and Tracey Thorn - both made my day. (This was on Twitter, which I long ago left.) I think both also responded to some comment or another, which was nice.

Norman Lear also liked a comment of mine.

I've also had a few brief pleasantries online with John Wesley Shipp, as well as one of my new crushes, Brett Waterman (restoration expert on TV).

by Anonymousreply 32March 28, 2024 4:06 AM

R23, what happened with Mayte Garcia?

I am not surprised Chris Cuomo is such a jerk. I have a guy friend who is Italian-American and I asked him whether calling someone "Fredo" (the weak link Corleone brother in The Godfather) was a huge insult. My friend said it actually is a huge insult. Anyway, I still think Chris Cuomo overreacted to being called Fredo by some random douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 33March 28, 2024 4:14 AM

I engaged in a Twitter feud with drunk Cap'n Shandy from Below Deck.

I called her out for her publicly berating her employees in front of other employees on a recent episode of the show, and she shot back that she's had years of management experience and that I should pay attention and learn something.

I shot back that I, too, had years of management experience and that one of the first things you learn as a manager is to never discipline or demean an employee in front of other employees, and that I was surprised she didn't know that.

The bitch then blocked me.

by Anonymousreply 34March 28, 2024 10:44 AM

I've shared before that I was also one of several here blocked by the fabulous Brendad Ickson (aka Brenda Dickson). I made a harmless comment that many of us would love to see what she truly looked like now as opposed to odd cartoonish photoshop attempts. When I went to check on the lovely lady the following day, I had been blocked.

by Anonymousreply 35March 28, 2024 11:28 AM

Forgot a few: Ricky Gervais liked a tweet of mine (old Twitter) and Ben Mankiewicz wished my son congratulations on his high school graduation (son is a big TCM fan). I follow Cecilia Peck on Instagram (yes, I’m crazy about her dad but also worked in non-fiction programming years ago) and she’s pretty engaging.

The goofiest one? Keanu Reeves added me to his top four friends once on MySpace for about two months and I got hit with hundreds of DMs from women asking how I knew him…never met the guy.

by Anonymousreply 36March 28, 2024 12:19 PM

Brandon T Jackson called me a faggot in a webcam chatroom

by Anonymousreply 37March 28, 2024 12:25 PM

When Nina Garcia joined twitter I messaged her and we have been messaging ever since. Met her in person a few times too and she got a kick out of "that's you?"

by Anonymousreply 38March 28, 2024 1:10 PM

This won't mean much to a lot of people, but I've had some really good exchanges with comic book writer Gail Simone.

Also a few with some Trek folks, most notably Gates McFadden, Jeri Ryan, and Marina Sirtis before she left Twitter after Musk took over.

by Anonymousreply 39March 28, 2024 1:47 PM

Lawyer John Morgan and I shared a few texts back and forth on IG. He’s very witty. He also fired a group of marketing employees who protested the company’s “Size Matters” tagline. Love the guy.

by Anonymousreply 40March 28, 2024 2:30 PM

I shared an old pic of Norman Cook (Fatboy Slim) on Instagram saying how hot he was and the man himself commented. That was a bit of a (nice) surprise.

by Anonymousreply 41March 28, 2024 2:33 PM

Not really a celebrity but I looked the actor David Paisley up on Twitter/X and found he'd blocked me. I'd never interacted with him in my life. What a weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 42March 28, 2024 2:37 PM

I tweeted Rebecca Front about a book she'd written about her phobias and got a lovely message back.

by Anonymousreply 43March 28, 2024 2:38 PM

Mrs. Mouth blocked me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 28, 2024 4:30 PM

When I was still on Twitter I had a friend request from Taye Diggs.

I was also a dedicated fan of Duchess Goldblatt.....but she's a Twitter celeb, perhaps not a worldwide one.

by Anonymousreply 45March 28, 2024 6:32 PM

A few years back, Chris O'Dowd posted a picture on his Twitter account and asked his followers to write a funny caption for it.

He chose my caption as his favorite and congratulated me for my wit.

by Anonymousreply 46March 28, 2024 8:48 PM

I once DMed Mexican actor David Zepeda and asked him when he'll finally come out. He blocked me instantly, lol.

Strangely enough, I felt kinda proud of teasing him.

by Anonymousreply 47March 28, 2024 8:53 PM

r47 Mary!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 28, 2024 9:12 PM

David Zepeda's hot

by Anonymousreply 49March 28, 2024 10:26 PM

Maria, R48.

R47, has he come out?

by Anonymousreply 50March 28, 2024 10:27 PM

R50 As far as I know, he still insists he's str8, even though he's already 50, childless and no known gf.

by Anonymousreply 51March 28, 2024 10:30 PM

Tatum o neal!

by Anonymousreply 52March 28, 2024 10:32 PM

Judy Tenuta DM'd me on IG after I commented on one of her posts. We went back and forth, and she started asking me more and more personal questions. I started feeling weird, so I blocked her.

She died a month later and I felt TERRIBLE.

by Anonymousreply 53March 28, 2024 10:35 PM

Does DL count? If so, Dick Chamberlain.

by Anonymousreply 54March 29, 2024 1:00 AM

Many years ago, Richard Dawkins blocked me for wishing him a Merry Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 55March 29, 2024 5:06 AM

[quote] Not really a celebrity but I looked the actor David Paisley up on Twitter/X and found he'd blocked me. I'd never interacted with him in my life. What a weirdo.

I just looked Paisley up and he appears to be a trans rights campaigner. So if you followed a celebrity on Twitter 8 years ago who made comments deemed anti-trans, you were likely put on a blocklist.

See also, H from Steps.

by Anonymousreply 56March 29, 2024 5:12 AM

[quote] Does DL count? If so, Dick Chamberlain.

Did he send you Dick pics? 😁

by Anonymousreply 57March 29, 2024 1:09 PM

There are stars who have PAs and a whole bunch of people around them, who probably don't manage their own social media. And then there are most other celebrities who have a more direct interest. In some cases the older ones thought social media was a novelty and enjoyed being on it. And the younger ones are very media savvy. Delanian kept making assertions on TV as a journalist/analyst, that were just wrong. So I kept nudging him. I wasn't rude, I was just challenging him by asking questions. And the fucker blocked me.

by Anonymousreply 58March 29, 2024 1:39 PM

Thanks R56 - that could explain it.

Doesn't he have a life? All he can do is trawl Twitter for people for people to block?

by Anonymousreply 59March 30, 2024 6:23 PM

r33, I think you are asking if we had a falling out? I did word that poorly, I just meant when sbe first started in dog rescue we talked quite a bit and then drifted because we were both busy.

by Anonymousreply 60March 30, 2024 7:47 PM

How many of you now have restraining orders from these celebrities?

by Anonymousreply 61March 30, 2024 7:54 PM

I’m chuckling now imagining Judy Febuta’s last moments. In between her increasingly weak and shallow breaths she was mustering the strength from the depths of her soul to ask:

“Why?!? Why did that one fag block me for asking how many times he’s eaten ass?!!”

by Anonymousreply 62March 30, 2024 8:01 PM

^^^ *Tenuta dammit!!

by Anonymousreply 63March 30, 2024 8:02 PM

I was watching a funeral for a 32-year old woman who, for a time, handled the social media for some big celebrities. One of the eulogists noted that the deceased had complained that many of the celebrities had not treated her well, prompting her to comment - as related at her funeral - 'don't they know I can destroy their career in seconds?!"

by Anonymousreply 64March 30, 2024 9:36 PM

Judy Febuta, bishes!

by Anonymousreply 65March 30, 2024 9:50 PM

The comedian John di Domenico hearted me and typed a message in agreement with me on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 66March 30, 2024 9:55 PM

This is sad.

by Anonymousreply 67March 31, 2024 12:02 AM

In the 90’s, the first iteration of a chat room I knew was Internet Relay Chat (IRC). I forget exactly how, now, but if you knew some information about a user you could send commands to their computer. Kind of like how Kirk lowered Khan’s shields in Star Trek II.

I remember one day I was in college, IRC was in the background while I was studying. All of a sudden my computer kept saying “Your pussy stinks!” non-stop for about 5 minutes.

I know it was Linda Hunt who did it.

by Anonymousreply 68March 31, 2024 11:15 AM

AND R68 I would do it again. Because your pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 69March 31, 2024 3:12 PM

Angela Merkel. We talk about our favorite "Ernest" films with Jim Varney.

by Anonymousreply 70March 31, 2024 3:26 PM

Patric Richardson, The Laundry Guy on HGTV. I think he’s adorable. Yes, I’m a chubby chaser.

by Anonymousreply 71March 31, 2024 4:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!