Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Steven Spielberg was absolutely amazed by Dune 2!

He can’t stop singing its praises! Coming from Spielberg… what an honor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 29, 2024 5:15 PM

I laughed, I cried...it was better than CATS.

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2024 7:49 PM

How many years is it since Spielberg remembered how to make a good movie

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2024 7:50 PM

I thought "The Fablemans" was a good movie.

So the answer would be "No more than two years" R2.

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2024 8:03 PM

He has super vanilla taste so I don't really care what he thinks.

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2024 8:07 PM

His opinion holds a lot of weight. He's Steven Spielberg. This can only mean good things for Timothee.

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2024 8:09 PM

R4 no. He doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2024 8:11 PM

R5 no one is questioning Timmy. He’s having a huge year already.

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2024 8:11 PM

That was my point is R7. Spielberg is obviously impressed with Timmy and might cast him in his next project. A Spielberg film would be great on his resume.

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2024 8:19 PM

[quote]Spielberg is obviously impressed with Timmy

How is that obvious, R8? He never mentions his name in the article.

by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2024 8:24 PM

R9 exactly. He’s speaking about the film from a Directors perspective to another Director. As a Director, he’s impressed.

by Anonymousreply 10March 27, 2024 8:35 PM

Well I would imagine R10 that if he's impressed with the film overall that would also include the cast.

by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2024 8:39 PM

I loved Dune 1 so I have high hopes for 2.

by Anonymousreply 12March 27, 2024 8:42 PM

He said "Yentl" was "The best directorial debut since 'Citizen Kane."

by Anonymousreply 13March 27, 2024 8:53 PM

Well by that logic, R11, he might cast Rebecca Ferguson, Javier Bardem, Florence Pugh and the guy who played Fremen Fighter #12 in his next project too. He's so impressed that he can't not cast them along with Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 14March 28, 2024 12:41 AM

I think it's possible to love a movie and feel ambivalent about the cast, r11. Dune is about the visuals, the sound and the action sequences. I doubt anyone left the theater saying "boy, I loved the part where Paul shouted a pep talk at the Fremen and the part where he looked at Zendaya longingly". I'm not saying the cast was absolute shit but this is not a movie where the whole point is to show off the Acting. It's not Silence of the Lambs or Doubt.

by Anonymousreply 15March 28, 2024 9:03 PM

R15 lmao what??? The performances are a huge part of the movie and people are all praising the performances. Are you sleeping under a rock? I know you’re retarded but come on.

by Anonymousreply 16March 28, 2024 9:05 PM

What I said, r16. Sometimes a movie is built around performances and sometimes it isn't. Dune 2 was perfectly fine but the way you're jizzing yourself over it makes you look simple.

by Anonymousreply 17March 29, 2024 1:05 AM

I thought Dune sucked. It's a sandy place, so the costumes look Arabic. GET IT?! It's artsy!

by Anonymousreply 18March 29, 2024 4:15 AM

R8, Interesting opinion! [See: "Air," Steven Spielberg, Producer, "Masters of the"]

by Anonymousreply 19March 29, 2024 4:20 AM

Too bad it has such a terrible cast and a wooden male lead. And it definitely is a flop. The film had almost half a billion marketing budget and just like the first film it still won’t earn enough to pay itself back. Spielberg is being much too kind to a film already largely forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 20March 29, 2024 5:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!