Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Austin Butler cast as the lead of Darren Aronofsky’s new film, “Caught Stealing”

Written by and based on the books by Huston, Caught Stealing follows Hank Thompson, a burned-out former baseball player, as he’s unwittingly plunged into a wild fight for survival in the downtown criminal underworld of ‘90s NYC.

“Darren is one of the most brilliant audiovisual storytellers in the world, and adapting these wonderful books by Charlie Huston for Austin to star was too exciting an opportunity to not be a part of,” said Sanford Panitch, President of Sony Pictures’ Motion Picture Group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 31, 2024 7:02 PM

I don't get it. He's not a great actor and he's not ugly but I wouldn't say he's wildly handsome.

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2024 7:38 PM

When Austin is descending into the "dark criminal underworld" of NYC, does he blackout& get violated by the "minions of the darkness" we can listen to his screams of orgasm, watch him act!! Will he sound like Elvis?

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2024 7:41 PM

I prefer him over Timmy

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2024 8:14 PM

When the fuck are they going to remake America Gigolo for him

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2024 8:28 PM

He’s actually a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2024 8:30 PM

Does he have the appropriate build to play a baseball player?

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2024 3:38 AM

I don't know what to think about this guy. I thought he was very very good in Elvis. But he was horrific in public during his Oscar campaign. Doesn't even come off as a normal person. He came off way more unlikeable than widely criticized Kate Winslet and AnnE Hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2024 3:43 AM

So beautiful from the neck down.

by Anonymousreply 8March 28, 2024 3:51 AM

A friend of mine fucked him years ago when he was in New Zealand filming Young Hercules.

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2024 3:52 AM

r9, details please!

by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2024 3:55 AM

R9, that wasn't Ryan Gosling?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2024 4:01 AM

Yes, r2! Even though he doesn't sound like Elvis in "Dune: 2" or recent interviews, just for you and your tiresome ilk Austin is going to revive the accent for this movie! Isn't that swell?!

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2024 5:00 AM

r12 is feeling tired and emotional.

by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2024 2:16 PM

Caught Stealing is the first book in a trilogy. Does that mean it'll be a franchise?

by Anonymousreply 14March 28, 2024 3:18 PM

I used to think he was cute when one or the other of you would post pics from whichever kids' series he was in. But his current '50s greaser look does him no favors. It's hard to think he's the same person.

by Anonymousreply 15March 28, 2024 3:22 PM

R14, How should anyone here know?

R15, What are you referring to?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 31, 2024 2:45 PM

R7 Kate Winslet is widely criticized?

by Anonymousreply 17March 31, 2024 2:48 PM

I was wondering the same r17.

by Anonymousreply 18March 31, 2024 5:34 PM

People will say anything, r17, r18.

E.g., Austin was pretty normal in his "Elvis" PR run, as opposed to the ridiculous "horrific" description in r7.

R9, Austin Butler was not in "Young Hercules," FYI, Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 19March 31, 2024 7:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!