Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Martin Scorsese has created a docu-series for Fox Nation

Martin Scorsese is making and hosting a show on Fox News Channel’s streaming service Fox Nation.

The series is an eight-part docudrama slated for November 2024. May we present: “Martin Scorsese Presents: The Saints.”

Each hour-long episode will explore “the remarkable stories of eight men and women who risked everything to embody humanity’s most noble and complex trait — faith,” in Fox Nation‘s words. Them’s the saints.

“Martin Scorsese Presents: The Saints” was developed by Scorsese for Lionsgate Alternative Television. It was created by Matti Leshem. The docuseries is written by the frequent Scorsese collaborator Kent Jones; it will be directed by Elizabeth Chomko.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 30, 2024 5:41 PM

Why, Martin?

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2024 7:16 PM

Gross

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2024 7:23 PM

Let's hear what Robert De Niro has to say about this.

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2024 7:36 PM

Et Tu, Marty?

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2024 7:42 PM

I'm surprised at this.

Only ONE HOUR?

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2024 7:56 PM

R5 8 1-hour episodes equals 8 hours.

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2024 7:57 PM

I am fucking floored by this. I knew he had reconnected with his Catholicism, but FOX???!!!??? This means he is apparently right-wing, no?

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2024 8:01 PM

"Marty? Lily here. Have you considered including Sacajawea?"

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2024 8:05 PM

There's already a native American saint, Kateri Tekakwitha.

Yes, I'm apparently the target audience for this. The lives of the saints are fascinating, you can learn a lot about history from them.

by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2024 8:24 PM

Sebastian, the patron saint of homos, could be interesting. Shame there's no Teresa of Ávila, she's the only one I like.

[quote]Scorsese is the latest big name to work with Fox Nation, which has previously worked with the likes of Kevin Costner, Matthew McConaughey, Rob Lowe, Dennis Quaid, Dan Aykroyd and Jim Belushi.

Eugh to all this.

by Anonymousreply 10March 27, 2024 8:42 PM

R9, I totally agree, I actually do enjoy studying how people lived, especially people who felt they had a purpose. But I am floored by his judgement. Won’t this damage his legacy? He is in the homestretch, he could drop dead tomorrow, this seems like a risky move that will tarnish his brand right before he kicks the bucket.

by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2024 8:46 PM

He's taking it out on the libs for that horrible KotFM snub at the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 12March 27, 2024 8:56 PM

See ya, Marty.

by Anonymousreply 13March 27, 2024 8:59 PM

He’s been a douche the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 14March 27, 2024 9:20 PM

Well, as long as they show THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST too...

by Anonymousreply 15March 27, 2024 10:23 PM

^ LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 16March 27, 2024 11:21 PM

Remember when the Christian right protested Last Temptation of Christ?

by Anonymousreply 17March 28, 2024 12:01 AM

Security checked my backpack when I went to see "Last Temptation" because there were so many protests and threats from nutty Bible thumpers. It has some great cinematography, but it desperately needed an Anne Baxter or Shelley Winters to liven things up.

by Anonymousreply 18March 28, 2024 12:36 AM

[quote]Won’t this damage his legacy? He is in the homestretch, he could drop dead tomorrow

Which may explain why he's getting into religion now. And maybe nobody except Fox wanted this?

by Anonymousreply 19March 28, 2024 2:11 AM

Sounds like just his name attached to it. I guess he could be down low Conservative because Catholic. And he could need the money.

by Anonymousreply 20March 28, 2024 2:14 AM

And yet he sits on the footage of the SCTV reunuion that he shot almost 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 21March 28, 2024 2:28 AM

I didn’t know he filmed an SCTV special. Maybe he got religious xl because his wife I think has dementia.

by Anonymousreply 22March 28, 2024 2:42 AM

[quote]Sounds like just his name attached to it.

He hosts, narrates, and exec produces the whole thing.

I think he's having a crisis of faith in his old age, seeing all the increasing secularism in the world around him, and so this project is more to soothe himself than for anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 23March 28, 2024 5:07 AM

[QUOTE]Won’t this damage his legacy? He is in the homestretch, he could drop dead tomorrow

[QUOTE]Which may explain why he's getting into religion now.

When I first read the thread title I misunderstood it as Scorsese made a documentary *about* not for Fox News/Nation which would make more sense.

If he's really getting back into Catholicism, maybe this is a scared old man facing the end of his life frantically trying to be penitent for making the LTOC. Fear leads people to do odd things and maybe he thinks he needs to atone for his sins to avoid hell and minimize time in purgatory. I guess it makes sense to him.

by Anonymousreply 24March 30, 2024 5:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!