Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Peripatetic Pilgrim Plops to Paris

When does Bav arrive on the (in)continent?

by Anonymousreply 117April 28, 2024 4:02 AM

We are discussing here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2024 6:03 PM

Muriel, this is a Kevin Sessums thread. Close it please.

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2024 1:30 PM

Muriel, R1 is the Kevin Sessums asshole. Delete him please.

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2024 1:37 PM

R2, not R1

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2024 1:37 PM

Another vote to close this fucker. Kevin Sessums is an asshole, but he is a human asshole who isn't famous enough to be incessantly stalked here, have accidents and ill health wished on him, and to have his health problems mocked.

by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2024 1:47 PM

Really. Enough of these threads. The people who incessantly post on these need serious help.

by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2024 1:52 PM

Quelle dommage, our previous Parisian perambulation was halted.

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2024 6:57 AM

Deservedly.

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2024 7:09 AM

And there was a truly excellent, insightful comment at the end of that thread.

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2024 7:26 AM

Something in these Pillgrim threads really brings out the pearl-clutching, manager-summoning Karens, doesn't it?

If anything isn't to their taste, instead of ignoring it, they start acting out. "I want to speak to Muriel! I've been disrespected and offended! I don't like your toneI HAVE RIGHTS!"

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2024 2:53 PM

We will LIVETO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2024 2:59 PM

We have. In thread after rebirthed thread. That fool’s posts are being grayed out and disappearing one by one.

She who must be paid is not stupid and can read the room.

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2024 3:10 PM

I literally saw a disgusting thread about rape last night. Yet these threads are a bridge too far.

by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2024 3:38 PM

I FF'd that one and the OP immediately.

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2024 3:51 PM

As a longtime PAYING MEMBER, I agree. Apparently graphic sex threads, along with nauseating photos, are welcome here - and as disgusting and repellent as they are, I simply SCROLL PAST THEM! For the life of me, I cannot understand why our threads, which are some of the most active and engaging in all of DL, are censored without apparent reason. I say this as an active and PAYING MEMBER of over 25 years, during which time, as many often reference, I have seen DL's IQ drop dramatically, with its once intellectually stimulating and witty content devolving into repetitive, juvenile and decidedly unfunny thread streams. Which, for the record, I SCROLL PAST!!!

We will FIND A WAY!! ONWARD!!!

by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2024 4:23 PM

Meanwhile our grizzled grifter decided to avail himself of the women’s bathroom in a Parisian creperie, much to the derision of a young woman using the facilities. But in a simply marvellous twist, they’re now best pals and ballet buddies!

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2024 4:36 PM

R14 I left a comment on that awful rape thread as well

by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2024 6:34 PM

He spews forth minutia about every encounter. And posts several pictures when he could post them in one carousel. Basically, making public every waking moment. And to comment about it on this platform makes the commenters horrible people. And therefore the thread should shut down. Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2024 6:40 PM

"To have gone from the lovely Lily giving me that look as I entered the toilet after her down the street to this moment last night at the Opera Bastille during the second intermission of Nureyev's exquisite Quixote was just another of the heightened coincidences - exquisite themselves - buzzing about my life as I tried to remain still in the stillness that is the heart of wonder."

You can't make this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2024 7:21 PM

R19. This post captures what an insufferable chunk of dogshit he is

by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2024 8:16 PM

BUZZING!

by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2024 8:40 PM

The man lives his life in public, down to his last BM, all to steer traffic to his commercial website.

in everything connects speech.... these threads are sorta like the books matching the curtains

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2024 9:10 PM

You know what I find curious? He really does share every last detail, as R22 says "down to his last BM." But only once in all the years I've been following him has he alluded to dealing with dirty laundry, and that was during the now legendary Scrubbo incident when he showed up to lunch with Ali MacGraw with a bag of dirty drawers, and the rest is history.

Does he wash his clothes during his pilgrimage? He can say he's not a tourist all he wants, but he lives life like he's on a constant, frantic vacation, racing from one event to the next as if he's trying to see all the sights. And also like a vacationer, there are no chores ever done or mentioned, other than pooping and mixing up the occasional plop for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 23April 19, 2024 9:36 PM

He's homeless.

by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2024 9:56 PM

gypsy woman, he’s homeless.

by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2024 10:31 PM

The real question is…why does this lifelong addict not go to any meetings anymore?

by Anonymousreply 26April 20, 2024 4:29 AM

You mean “the fellowship to which I belong”??🙄🙄🙄 I’m sure he knows better than everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 27April 20, 2024 4:57 AM

He stopped abruptly in Hudson. Something — I don’t know what — but something fucked-up happened in Hudson that made him suddenly change course. He ditched the meetings, put on his lil pilgrim shoes, left his “loft” in disarray, and hightailed it outta there.

Maybe it’ll be revealed someday.

by Anonymousreply 28April 20, 2024 5:07 AM

Maybe it was a Dorian Corey dead man in a trunk type situation.

by Anonymousreply 29April 20, 2024 8:27 AM

How many threads are you gong to have removed OP, before you get it?

MUUUURRRRIIIEEEELLLLLLL….

by Anonymousreply 30April 20, 2024 1:40 PM

Oh great. He “teases” his “complicated” relationship with Iman…I REFUSE to give this cunt a dime, so I guess I’ll never know why she hates his guts. I can only assume she sees him for the phony he is.

by Anonymousreply 31April 20, 2024 4:06 PM

“Complicated relationship”= she sees through the KS/BS instantly. I’m sure she just got bored listening to the same stories he continues to rehash. There is nothing new here. And no news here.

by Anonymousreply 32April 20, 2024 4:50 PM

Mister Magoo lost another pair of glasses.

by Anonymousreply 33April 20, 2024 6:37 PM

His Iman story, which he's told a thousand times before is here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 20, 2024 6:39 PM

R34, as expected, the story is not "complicated," nor does it represent a "relationship."

TL;DR: He interviewed her once and it went well. Years later, he was slated to interview her again but for whatever reason she took umbrage and walked out.

by Anonymousreply 35April 20, 2024 7:20 PM

Maybe it was his meth smile.

by Anonymousreply 36April 20, 2024 7:38 PM

AI generated image of our hero’s latest mishap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 20, 2024 8:24 PM

I’m thrilled she lost her glasses. It made my day.

by Anonymousreply 38April 20, 2024 10:02 PM

The way he shades the fraus who DARE suggest he get readers from Amazon is classic Bav. A straight up snotty CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 39April 20, 2024 10:11 PM

Wait what happened to Tunisia?

by Anonymousreply 40April 20, 2024 10:47 PM

R40 That's not until the last three weeks in August. Stay tuned. Should be a highly-rated episode.

by Anonymousreply 41April 20, 2024 11:29 PM

Might part of the pilgrim's path be......rethinking one's vibe?

by Anonymousreply 42April 20, 2024 11:37 PM

I believe there are optometrists in Paris. If you truly need prescription readers. It is a pain to lose glasses but it’s not like there aren’t easy solutions. Better than say, losing your only debit card and access to funds.

by Anonymousreply 43April 21, 2024 12:02 AM

You can also buy them for a peu euros at Monoprix but that’s beyond this insufferable cunt.

by Anonymousreply 44April 21, 2024 4:10 PM

From his own words, it's clear that he's morbidly afraid of anything that reeks of being a prole.

Remember when he wouldn't go to the cheap, great local place near his NY hostel because you have to order behind plexiglas? Same principle at work here. Saving a few bucks by ordering off Amazon or shlepping like an ordinary schmuck to Monoprix? Grands dieux, non! Everything he touches must be somehow elevated above l'ordinaire. Everywhere he goes must be tinged with The Light. He must remain forever apart from the rabble.

It gives his whole pilgrimage the frantic aspect of a desperate flight from both his redneck past and his sad, straitened future.

by Anonymousreply 45April 21, 2024 4:22 PM

I am a few choice pieces of Roseville pottery, dusty on the top of the kitchen cabinet.

I'm all that's left of the collection acquired decades ago, piece by piece, at great cost. But that was when my owner was flush with money and suitors, and the Creative Director position seemed within striking distance.

by Anonymousreply 46April 21, 2024 4:27 PM

R46 was meant for the "Let's be an Eldergay's house" thread, but somehow it seems apropos here as well.

by Anonymousreply 47April 21, 2024 4:29 PM

He’s going to be in Paris until August? He’s going to be there during the Olympics? The price of plops will pop, non?

Mon dieu!

by Anonymousreply 48April 21, 2024 4:32 PM

Hopefully the lost glasses are those ugly oversized ones that he grifted for free by writing to the owner of the company. The Magoo ones.

by Anonymousreply 49April 21, 2024 5:15 PM

R45 Thank you. Same thing when he lost his AirPods (which he for some reason insists on calling "iPods." People kept sending him links to perfectly good, reasonably-priced Bluetooth earbuds, but our little princess was horrified at the idea of using anything but the real, Apple version.

by Anonymousreply 50April 21, 2024 7:16 PM

His lost items posts are always not-so-subtle requests for his followers to buy him things and give him money. And he gets so snippy whenever anyone tries to offer money-saving advice or suggest other options he might pursue. He’s looking for a handout, not a hand up.

by Anonymousreply 51April 21, 2024 10:07 PM

I’m really thrilled to my core that everyone seems to have finally “caught on” to the “no shame in his game” grift. He clucked and crowed with fake gratitude over those “no longer produced” magoo glasses the owner of the company found and gifted him with (after he nearly BEGGED). If he’s not eating a plop or a budget pastry, he’s lunching out on someone else’s dime, and the one time he *did* treat someone…we never heard the end of it. It’s all so fucking stultifying. And no, no one is “wishing him ill”. No one psychically willed him to fly down the Metro stairs, No one willed him to use meth or fisted him to the point where his prostate went on the fucking fritz. So bav police, do me a favor, and fuck all the way off.

by Anonymousreply 52April 22, 2024 12:26 AM

Tangier don’t go for messhy pusshies.

by Anonymousreply 53April 22, 2024 4:47 AM

Actually I fucked up. Tangier isn't until September. Tunis is the last three weeks in August. From the horse's mouth (in January):

"Well, I finally made a decision about my fall and winter. As always, budgets are the most critical aspect when making these decisions and from that I redefine them as fateful and adventurous and, yes, correct.

So .... . I extended my stay in Tangier for three more weeks and will be there from September 1 till November 24 now. You can stay in Morocco without a visa for 90 days and I will be there for 85. The average cost per night is $14. The guests reviews were raves for the place i'm staying - basically a hostel but a lovely one with a kitchen and a daily served breakfast. I hope I get a lot of reading and writing done for my two months and three weeks there in Tangier and on the beautiful terraces where I am staying in the heart of the medina.

I am then flying to Vienna for five weeks on November 24 until Jan 1 when I return to London for the first three months of 2025 before heading to Spain for April and May to walk the Camino a second time. I want to walk it in all my remaining decades if it is possible to do so. I did it in my 50s and I have two years before I turn 70 so need - yes, need - to do this next year. The place in Vienna comes out to $24 a night and was the cheapest option of those I had placed in front of me. Also the airfare is more than reasonable and even cheap if I'm navigating those sites correctly. I had almost booked Porto but that price jumped by $200 when I went to book it and took that as a sign not to do it. Plus, I am going to be in Lisbon for the first two weeks of June and can always return sometime in 2025 or 2026 (I am back in London Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March 2025/2026.)

Another sign - and I live my heightened existence by being watchful for the heightened signposts along the way - was my meeting Luke Thallon, the young actor in Cold War at the Almeida, and bonding momentarily over our being fans of each other. I realized later that he had been in Tom Stoppard's Leopoldstadt and won the Clarence Derwent Award award for his work in it in the roles of Fritz and Leo - an award won by my dear, late friend Peter Evans in America for his role as Richie in David Rabe's Streamers in 1976. I remember Peter loving Vienna and its opera house. The place in Vienna is in Leopoldstadt. All of that was a clincher for me along with the budgetary angle.

So .... onward ... to Tangier and Vienna next fall and winter after April and May in Paris; June in Lisbon and NY and New Orleans and Mississippi; July in Santa Fe; first week of August in Provincetown; last three weeks of August in Tunis.

Here are some photos of the places in Tangier and Vienna - the motorcycles are parked in front of the latter's building. There were much nicer ones in Vienna for twice the price and still just within my budget but the latter part of this year is about saving as much money as I can to start out 2025 with a bit less stress regarding that aspect of my life. And I do like the challenge of living this kind of life in the least expensive way possible so that I can prove it can be done. That is a kind of mission as well as my being a kind of spiritual disrupter in the way I continue to grapple gratefully with the neo-ancient constructs of my life now as a cultural pilgrim"

Personally, I'm looking forward to the first week in August Provincetown episode. When he's gone to P-Town in the last few years, it's been during the off-season. With the summer crowd there, maybe he'll give another, "I need to get fucked right now" performance.

by Anonymousreply 54April 22, 2024 5:14 AM

On paper it all sounds very lovely, and I wish I could afford to live one year that way but I am 20+ years younger and need to work to survive.

by Anonymousreply 55April 22, 2024 11:50 AM

So he gets a few crumbs with a piece commissioned and he still can get it in early or on time. It’s due tomorrow apparently and he’s still working it out. FFS you have literal days in between scamming free food wtf are you doing?

by Anonymousreply 56April 22, 2024 1:05 PM

R23 he’s revisiting Santa Fe in the sultry summer heat - hopefully he can get his rags scrubbod!

by Anonymousreply 57April 22, 2024 1:12 PM

"Suddenly, Last Summer's Sharted Shorts!"

by Anonymousreply 58April 22, 2024 2:22 PM

He'll "walk the Camino" like I'll scale K2!!

SUUUUURRRE, JAN...

by Anonymousreply 59April 22, 2024 2:41 PM

R54. The older queens in Provincetown are usually quite wealthy and usually drink booze.. Knowing the Bav as we do….he likes “the cool kids!”…but I’m sure they are horrified by the liver spotted newt and his eager, darting, tongue and “mouth sounds”. He can’t really afford to eat out there, so maybe nursing a coffee, and eye fucking the non stop parade up and down commercial street is more his speed. Oh i forgot, i think kung fu dumplings are 12 bux. 😂

by Anonymousreply 60April 22, 2024 9:25 PM

Run, Ilyane... RUN!!!

by Anonymousreply 61April 22, 2024 10:00 PM

From his "review" of Caberet on FB today:

"And yet because of the keen continued casting of its Emcee and Sally roles in London I have seen it more than any production that is not at the Royal Ballet. Four times? Five? So I have grown to understand it in some way if not love it - as if it is a fuck buddy I don't really like on some inscrutable level but keep having sex with because he makes me aware of my scrotum in odd even endearing ways."

The poor fraus reading this.

by Anonymousreply 62April 22, 2024 11:47 PM

“aware of my scrotum”…..NO ONE CARES, GRANDMA. Your craven urges for cock and drugs lost you SO MUCH, do you think ANYONE cares about your wrinkled, smelly, scrotum? You obviously need to get fucked….RIGHT NOW! Oh I forgot, you’ve already pulled that stunt. SCREAMING YOUR METH FUELED DESIRES IN A YOUNG COPS FACE. Nude. Christ you’re fucking disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 63April 23, 2024 12:09 AM

Sesshie lays out his “curated” items ( watches and such) on a dresser just like Tom Ripley does in the Netflix series. Birds of a feather?

by Anonymousreply 64April 23, 2024 3:36 AM

I know he’s living a pretty ascetic life, but how is he getting by without income? The residuals from Miss. Sissy can’t be more than mere nickels at this point. Is his Substack some sort of under-the-radar cash cow? How does he have enough of a nest egg to earnestly expect to be “walking the Camino” years from now?

by Anonymousreply 65April 23, 2024 4:13 AM

Those poor cats: I wonder where they are, abandoned to their own Camino, hopefully not in a hovel anymore. Come home, Sesshie! Mississippi beckons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 23, 2024 4:43 PM

He has said that his income is from Social Security, R65.

by Anonymousreply 67April 23, 2024 4:49 PM

He owes the IRS thousands. Needless to say, he pawned that responsibility off on his (hideous) “artist”/doctor brother. The shirking and grifting has no end. When you can flaneur around town buying thrifted ladies sweaters and end of the day sushi….WHY NOT???

by Anonymousreply 68April 23, 2024 5:57 PM

R68: From the SSA website: "Section 1024 of the Tax Payer Relief Act of 1997 (Public Law 105-30) authorizes the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to levy up to 15% of each Social Security payment for overdue Federal tax debts until the tax debt is paid. Contact the IRS at 1-800-829-7650 to discuss any appeal rights."

The average SS retirement check in the US is now a bit less than $2000/mo. With $300 or so out of each check, he could pay the principal off in less than thirteen years, but no doubt the IRS charges interest so that'd add a few more years to the total.

by Anonymousreply 69April 23, 2024 6:09 PM

The Gays hate poor people.

by Anonymousreply 70April 23, 2024 6:13 PM

The gays do not hate poor people, R70--just this asshole.

by Anonymousreply 71April 23, 2024 6:24 PM

Hey - lay off Doctor Brother!! I like him - he's a very accomplished guy in addition to being a physician. God only knows how much aggravation Bav has put him through in recent years. His home is lovely. He apparently has popped for drug rehab at least once. That said, I got distinctly chilly vibes during Bav's visit last summer. Who could blame him!

by Anonymousreply 72April 23, 2024 7:08 PM

Luxurious blowjob.

by Anonymousreply 73April 23, 2024 7:12 PM

We only have Bav's allegation that he offered one - not that Doctor Brother accepted. He was probably too busy throwing up!!

by Anonymousreply 74April 23, 2024 7:17 PM

R74 He didn't even get so far as to offer one. The tale goes (as told by Bav) that he crept up to the main house in the middle of the night to offer Doctor Brother a luxurious blowjob, but Doctor Brother had locked all the doors so Bav slivered back to the studio.

And when the people listening to this story (as told by Bav in a social situation) started to look horrified, he explained that siblings whose parents die young have an unusually intense relationship.

Which... blowjobs, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 75April 23, 2024 7:34 PM

*slithered

by Anonymousreply 76April 23, 2024 8:48 PM

I can’t imagine a world or alternate universe where I’d even CONSIDER offering my brother oral sex. This is straight up incest. He can try to explain it all away by blaming his dead parents, but it’s so repugnant , only a meth addicted moron would SAY THIS OUT LOUD, then defend it!!

This is what we’re dealing with here. And I highly doubt shit breath bav can give you ANYTHING “luxurious”. Maybe a moth eaten woman’s cashmere sweater. 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 77April 23, 2024 9:53 PM

Good lord, he told that as some sort of ha-ha party anecdote?

Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and there’s some shapeless creature slobbering around your lap in a rakish ladies fedora and a DKNY poncho from28 years ago, only to catch a glimpse of the Pennywise the Clown grin and realize it’s your own brother fellating you “luxuriously”?

Put me on the first bus to the Jenny Jones show, I’d say.

by Anonymousreply 78April 24, 2024 2:52 AM

"... Bav slivered back to the studio."

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 79April 24, 2024 3:32 AM

I just can’t get over his forceful insistence that Ripley is not for him. Pot, meet kettle. He is made uncomfortable by the many similarities with his own life as a flaneur/poseur/pilgrim.

by Anonymousreply 80April 24, 2024 3:42 AM

R80, he compares himself with the fictional Ripley (Ripley, with the bespoke wardrobe and the luxury apartment) and Bav knows he can never grift that well, or look as good. He's actually jealous of a fictional character.

by Anonymousreply 81April 24, 2024 12:34 PM

R81. That’s exactly it. He sees what COULD HAVE BEEN, instead he got to allegedly rim the living daylights out of some GeldGeezer, and got a napkin doodle from David Hockney. How grim. Stay off the meth, kids!

by Anonymousreply 82April 24, 2024 2:27 PM

Don’t forget to re-up your Substack subscriptions!! For PAID subscribers Only! With new weekly newsletters!

by Anonymousreply 83April 24, 2024 5:08 PM

LOL. Who on Earth is paying for this shit?

"I want to thank all of you who continue to support SES/SUMS IT UP over at Substack with your paid subscriptions. This is the time of year when many yearly ones are re-upped so I am quite aware of those who are continuing your support. I understand there are reasons and circumstances that some have let them expire and others of you just can't swing a paid subscription. I can't subscribe to all I want to do so either. I have my NY Times and Washington Post subscriptions which enable me to share a quota of stories with you each month - it is a way of paying things forward. And I also subscribe to several substack columns I can fit into my own budget in order to do the same thing - pay it forward. You can subscribe for free and get weekly content but paid subscribers - $50 a year or $5 a month - get more of it and are able to comment on columns.

I am deeply grateful for those of you who are paid subscribers. Part of that gratitude is honing in on what more I can further offer you of value for that support. So starting today paid subscribers only will be receiving a Newsletter each Wednesday from wherever I am in the world on this pilgrimage where I now live my life. For the next six weeks you will be hearing about Paris. For two weeks in June, you’ll get one from Lisbon. In the coming year I will be in New York City, New Orleans, Mississippi, Chicago, Santa Fe, Provincetown, Tunis, Tangier, and Vienna. In January: London. Today I write about Cheesecake, A Curated Vintage Store, Thrifting, the Best Pasta Dish I've had So Far, and Where to Pee When You Need to Go in the Marais. I'll post a link below for those who might want to subscribe. And thanks again."

by Anonymousreply 84April 25, 2024 5:32 AM

R84 Yes, because we really need a weekly newsletter to fill us in on all of the details that we’re missing. And those topics sound riveting.

by Anonymousreply 85April 25, 2024 5:57 AM

Dear God, please kill these Sessums threads.

by Anonymousreply 86April 25, 2024 2:03 PM

Dear Muriel, please flush the turd who keeps trying and failing to kill these Sessums threads.

by Anonymousreply 87April 25, 2024 2:15 PM

I was so upset I even had a chicken sandwich in the McDonald's across from the Philharmonie de Paris on my way to see Herbert Blomstedt conduct Bruchner's Symphony no. 8. I seldom eat junk food. It almost felt like "using."

by Anonymousreply 88April 25, 2024 3:54 PM

The one year anniversary of the fractured shoulder is coming up in five days!! How do you plan to mark this auspicious occasion??!!

I will spend the day in fasting and meditation...

by Anonymousreply 89April 25, 2024 5:22 PM

I will hold myself in the light even if there is no light and in doing so surrender to the greater truths that stair slippage in an elegant metro can lead one to cross a rubicon where pain and pleasure meet as one’s filthy jeans are cut from one’s body the way my parents were cut cruelly from me.

by Anonymousreply 90April 25, 2024 6:23 PM

He will spend the night ambulance chasing all over Paris, looking for that beautiful boy Paramedic who gave him back his iPhone, and thus, his very identity.

by Anonymousreply 91April 25, 2024 7:48 PM

But will she offer said paramedic a luxurious blowjob?

by Anonymousreply 92April 25, 2024 7:58 PM

R92. I’m sure!! While simultaneously giving two Geldergeezer types a vigorous liverspotted handjob, and allowing a “well known media mogul” to plow his blown out cornhole…much to the delight of humans and animals alike!!!!

✨THE ARISTOCRATS!!!✨

by Anonymousreply 93April 25, 2024 9:56 PM

Does the Bav have anything luxurious to offer at this point?

by Anonymousreply 94April 25, 2024 10:01 PM

Not a thing, R94. She's a broken-down eldergay grifter hobbling from one hostel to yet another.

by Anonymousreply 95April 25, 2024 10:41 PM

He could probably make a few shekels flipping some of his thrifted early 90s Bill Blass ladies suit separates on PoshMark. That’s sort of a luxurious offer…

by Anonymousreply 96April 25, 2024 11:20 PM

No money for a little chunk of salmon tonight - instead, we have a small wisp of prosciutto along with the usual egg plop with a few chunks of asparagus floating sadly in it. But he did splurge on Le McDonald's chicken sandwich...

by Anonymousreply 97April 26, 2024 12:55 AM

Christ. He's in Paris, which is a mecca for any and all kinds of food, from street vendors to on up. Baguettes, cheese, crepes, the most incredible fruit and produce (I was there last spring, and the strawberries were the best I've ever tasted). And this dumb cunt eats at a McDonald's like some teenager?

by Anonymousreply 98April 26, 2024 1:36 AM

He claims he RARELY eats junk food, but ate Ronald McToxics chicken sandwich IN PARIS….and came home to an open faced plop….Egg, mushroom, asparagus….I wonder what cafe bathroom will be anointed with his fetid bowel movement. I’m sure he “spreads the love around”🤮

by Anonymousreply 99April 26, 2024 5:04 AM

And if you're going to get McDonald's in Paris, get a fucking Cheese Royal or Le Big Mac. Not a chicken fucking sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 100April 26, 2024 5:22 AM

Bav eats the same food, writes the same crap, goes to the same plays, wears his "uniform," poses the same for selfies, every fucking day. What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 101April 26, 2024 11:54 AM

R101, he has no imagination, no money, no style, no curiosity (despite all his traveling), and no serious interest in culture or in people, the latter of which are there only to serve his whims.

by Anonymousreply 102April 26, 2024 11:57 AM

R102, and that's the thing that makes the boring pilgrimage interesting: Imagining a parallel world in which someone sane lives the same kind of life, but with real curiosity and interest in the world and its people ... instead of the current situation, in which all the world and its people are merely props for self-aggrandizement and window-dressing for an empty store.

by Anonymousreply 103April 26, 2024 1:47 PM

He went to Paris and never set foot in one museum. Not one. IN PARIS! And he'll not do the same again this time. He's in fucking Paris and all he does is navel-gaze and write about his self-interested imbecilic "journey."

by Anonymousreply 104April 26, 2024 1:52 PM

This complex simple life, full of no possessions, rich beyond compare without money, illuminated by The Light where there is no light, is my sacred , private, personal inner journey that I broadcast endlessly in innumerable different thirst-trap posts that are all identical.

Onward!

by Anonymousreply 105April 26, 2024 2:37 PM

He's a character out of Genet as written by Mad Magazine.

by Anonymousreply 106April 26, 2024 2:49 PM

Is he walking everywhere in Paris as in London, or does he dare risking life and limn riding the Metro?

by Anonymousreply 107April 26, 2024 5:57 PM

Well, he did “confront” those dreaded stairs on his first day back… (so brave!!) and wrote alllll about it in the most mindbending post ever. NO ONE FUCKING CARES, GRANDMA!! Did you notice how everyone he *now* meets HAVEN’T broken their shoulder? I also have the sneaking suspicion that the French aren’t as bewitched by him as the Londoners were….(I’m sure they are just too polite). This flaneur is a flop. That box office gal sure had his number, and his cry baby act fell on deaf ears. It’s not HER fault that you don’t know what day it was, CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 108April 26, 2024 6:49 PM

[quote]I ain't book-smart just instinctively clever with a poetic ear.

I'll grant the first, suspend judgement on the second, but the third? A tin ear, perhaps. A cloth ear, maybe. But a poetic ear? Only to those who have just discovered alliteration and can't get enough of it. Most of us passed that phase by about age 10.

by Anonymousreply 109April 26, 2024 8:26 PM

R107, I see what you did there. "Life and limn." Genius.

by Anonymousreply 110April 26, 2024 11:12 PM

Looks like his Santa Fe host cancelled his reservation and “disappeared”…..he’s so dumb, he didn’t *CONSIDER* that he was cancelled and BLOCKED. Someone said “Can’t you stay with Ali?” (Radio Silence)…so he’s in a semi-scramble, making it seem all too dramatic. One only wonders why she gave him the heave ho… and will Ali even SEE his obvious DRY BEG. Will he have to settle for a simple scrubbo?? IT’S ALL SO GODDAMN COMPELLING!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 111April 27, 2024 10:14 PM

Oh, dear--what will she do?

by Anonymousreply 112April 27, 2024 10:28 PM

Poor Grandma Magoo--WHAT will she DO???

by Anonymousreply 113April 27, 2024 10:33 PM

The Bav has far kinder and more dedicated commenters than he deserves. He whines and sighs and bemoans, and the motherly fraus offer suggestions for remedies. And if he deigns to respond at all, it's only to swat away their pesky ideas and return to throwing up his hands and flinging himself dramatically at the feet of cruel Dame Fortune.

by Anonymousreply 114April 27, 2024 10:44 PM

Small-town Paris. On my stroll today bought this salmon broccoli quiche and a couple of pastries at a bakery I have been told about and then headed to the steps of Opera Comique hidden away on its little square on Place Boieldieu in the 2nd to sit and eat this for lunch. Such is life on a Friday in Paris. Will be writing about the bakery - this quiche made me moan as I took the first few bites - in next week's WEDNESDAY NEWSLETTER at SES/SUMS IT UP for my community of paid subscribers there.

Ew!! No one wants to know that a quiche made you MOAN….GRANNY! You’re fucking disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 115April 28, 2024 2:21 AM

I had lost this thread for several days, it wasn’t showing up any more, and I feared the worst. But here it is, with nearly a week’s worth of posts, the perfect “life and limn” pun, and the idea of a quiche that makes you moan.

I am commenting here so I can easily find this thread in the sidebar. Need my daily update.

by Anonymousreply 116April 28, 2024 2:53 AM

Messhy and moaning.

by Anonymousreply 117April 28, 2024 4:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!