Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do blacks listen to any white music?

If so, to whom?

by Anonymousreply 22March 27, 2024 5:46 PM

Condoleezza Rice listens to only classical.

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2024 3:57 PM

I'm on a few Streisand forums, and she seems to have many black fans on her sites of all ages. One group I don't see participating are Asians / Asian Americans.

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2024 3:58 PM

"blacks" are all the same, apparently, all over the world. Same taste. šŸ¤”

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2024 4:09 PM

Is this a stealth Beyonce thread?

Either way, OP sounds limited.

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2024 4:12 PM

I love living in Europe, where they don't do this tired "black music" and "white music" thing.

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2024 4:15 PM

No, they just have a paranoid hatred of all immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2024 4:18 PM

Most black people in the privacy of their homes listen to Pat Boone and Karen Carpenter. It's a big secret.

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2024 4:18 PM

r7 sounds like the plot of Jordan Peele's next horror film.

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2024 4:20 PM

What do asians listen too besides k pop? We don't have many Asian American pop stars or bands. I said "many" not "any".

by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2024 4:21 PM

Not where I am R6. Polling consistently says they welcome immigrants but they don't like the way that asylum seekers are being handled.

by Anonymousreply 10March 27, 2024 4:25 PM

The burgeoning popularity of AFD says otherwise, r10.

by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2024 4:26 PM

This is a racist thread

by Anonymousreply 12March 27, 2024 4:27 PM

And the massive protests of against AFD says you're making a mountain out of a mole hill and know anything that your top don't against AFD says you're making a mountain out of a molehill and have no idea what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 13March 27, 2024 4:28 PM

Voice to text failed me at r13, but here's an actual link showing AFD was losing ground in January.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 27, 2024 4:29 PM

I used to listen to artists like Phil Collins, Hall and Oates, and Huey Lewis growing up. I was also a big Madonna fan which slightly irked my mom who was a Janet Jackson fan. She would be in one room blasting "The Pleasure Principle" while I would be in my room listening to "Papa Don't Preach". She used to roll her eyes at me and say "That bitch can't sing." When I pointed out that Janet doesn't have a strong voice either she would go back to being quiet lol. But it was only teasing. We were much more lighthearted than the fierce debates on this website. I will say that my family listened to a variety of music growing up, everything from Pearl Jam to Snoop Dogg, and yes even the occasional classical music. My mom liked to have it in the background on Saturday mornings while we were all cleaning up. You clearly live very sheltered existence OP, no one who goes outside regularly would ask such a strange question.

by Anonymousreply 15March 27, 2024 4:31 PM

I'd watch that R8.

by Anonymousreply 16March 27, 2024 4:34 PM

I started college in 1980. This was the racist and homophobic ā€œDisco Sucksā€ era. I was the only black guy on my floor in the dormitory. The guys would often belittle me for playing my disco (mean black or anything with a rhythm), and praise ā€œrealā€ music such as Springsteen, or The Rolling Stones (not realizing that those artists always cited their influences as black blues musicians). Some of these dorm guys would try to shame me by coming into my room and rifling through my record collection only to find among Donna Summer and Stephanie Mills, I also had Steely Dan, Pat Benatar, Dolly Parton, and Barbra Streisand. They left me alone after that.

by Anonymousreply 17March 27, 2024 4:34 PM

R9 a lot of Asians like classical music.

by Anonymousreply 18March 27, 2024 4:38 PM

Critics and academics called those disco sucks people "rockists". They owned everything in their heyday, but time is not being kind to them.

by Anonymousreply 19March 27, 2024 4:50 PM

Many black people enjoy Yodeling.

by Anonymousreply 20March 27, 2024 4:54 PM

A lot of Asians like Diana Ross, Dionne Warwick, Donna Summer and Olivia Newton-John. It seems they would always be releasing their 'extended versions' of their older albums or OOP albums regularly in Asia (especially Japan) and sell-out quickly. About twenty years ago, if I wanted to get my hands on one of these re-releases it would cost me well over $100 (their sound was very good, btw). These three artists used to sell out their concert tours there, too (whereas Ross would have a tough time in America filling an amphitheater at times).

Streisand, however, never got that treatment with her albums (she is better treated in the UK and Europe), and I don't believe she ever toured out there.

by Anonymousreply 21March 27, 2024 5:44 PM

"Blacks" are normal human beings and listen to all sorts of music I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 22March 27, 2024 5:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!